X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear, Imagination and Human Reasoning

2Cr 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    2Cr 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)
    2Cr 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
    2Cr 10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

A lot of people are upset over the outcome of the election, perhaps with good reason. But we are called to a higher standard than to just yield to our fears and imaginations. In the coming months and years our newly elected president will propose some drastic changes; he has promised to do so. As those changes are proposed there will be opportunity to respond because at that point we will be dealing with real information.

Until then, I'm sure you've noticed that a lot of posts are being deleted. I was tempted to open this thread as a place where people could vent their fears and anxieties as long as they did so with full knowledge that they were expressing thoughts and sentiments that we are specifically instructed to resist.

I thought better of it and instead will just post this reminder that this is why we aren't allowing posts to remain that are exactly what I stated in the thread title, fears imaginations and human reasonings (and in some cases pure slander).

Change is coming. As it does we can talk about the facts. Even then let's not forget that God still reigns.

My Quiet Time

This morning I woke up and like always come here to see what everyone is sharing about, what's in the news, what's on their hearts. And as I read I felt anxious about our world and fearful.

I needed to find something here to allow me to find peace, I even went back and read Michael's closed post about "Fear, Imagination and Human Reasoning" trying to draw comfort from that because I KNEW I was dealing with fear. I'm actually wondering if maybe Michael you could add to that thread, just you and the moderators or AB. Keep it closed for comment, but maybe add to it once in awhile.

I couldn't find anything on Wedg, not to say that there isn't comfort here or peace here, because there is. I just was struggling. Then I went over the the Harvest Family website to possibly listen to a sermon about comfort/peace. Well, I found something but as soon as he started speaking I felt the Holy Spirit tell me that it is not here where I want you to find the comfort, the peace, the reassurance that you need today, it's in My Word.

So I spent a long time in prayer pouring out my fears, and always the Lord would give me a verse back over and over again. Different verses would come back to me but the one that repeated itself was "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." I have been a Christian for many years, since a teen and I am almost 50 yrs old now. And NEVER has my Lord left me or forsaken me.

The Lord led me to Psalm 136 and I wanted to bring this particular Psalm here today for others who feel any fear to go to that Psalm, read it out loud. Each verse ends with "His love endures forever" which is such a powerful thing to take in and stand on and visualize, to KNOW, that no matter what, "His love endures forever." ping:

Comment

Working...
    X