This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Israel VS Hizbullah Part VII

IMHO I don't think that it's solely pressure from the US to have Israel back off. Surely, our govt understands that it is in our best interests to destroy Hezbollah. I think that Olmert is just a giant chicken ****. Also, I'm pretty sure that he doesn't feel calm about the anti-war sentiments that are being expressed in Israel, but not reported on this board.

Comment

Tom...Why after all this time in fighting...surely the "civilian population" would be out of the area...cannot the IDF level southern Lebanon and then move troops up where needed? The houses and buildings in SoLebanon are boobytrapped, we have now learned, after 7 were killed in ONE building. I hate to see any more soldiers killed unnecessarily. I just don't understand why they are not more aggressive, the last few weeks has proved not aggressive enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorify Him
        IMHO I don't think that it's solely pressure from the US to have Israel back off. Surely, our govt understands that it is in our best interests to destroy Hezbollah. I think that Olmert is just a giant chicken ****. Also, I'm pretty sure that he doesn't feel calm about the anti-war sentiments that are being expressed in Israel, but not reported on this board.
        Olmert's own wife and daughter routinely are part of the Israeli far left protesters that publicly rally against the actions taken by Israel against the Pally terrorists...

Likewise his sons all departed Israel and now live in other nations to avoid serving in the IDF....

No doubt his recent inaction, waffling and timidity is being greatly influenced by his wife...

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
          Tom...Why after all this time in fighting...surely the "civilian population" would be out of the area...cannot the IDF level southern Lebanon and then move troops up where needed? The houses and buildings in SoLebanon are boobytrapped, we have now learned, after 7 were killed in ONE building. I hate to see any more soldiers killed unnecessarily. I just don't understand why they are not more aggressive, the last few weeks has proved not aggressive enough.
          The media is still claiming that there are between 20,000 to 100,000 so called civilians in the battle zone - how many are there because they are strong supporters of Hez - or are being forced to stay as human shields is impossible to say

Comment

I have read about Olmert's family too, and his wife's leftist views. Some believe she founded the women in black movement.

I think Olmert's problem is, that he holds degrees in both Philosophy and Psychololgy...he is analyzing himself and his opponent in circles. I remember, I had to take Philosophy in college AND I was a Pysch major. I hated Philosophy and resented being there because our teacher would literally, stand at the front of class and spend an hour drilling home an arguement on a topic "proving" why A=B. He would say, you understand why this is correct? We'd, "yeah, yeah, yeah" and he'd say...NO, and then go on for an hour arguing the OPPOSITE point of view on the same topic. I hated it. He could make ANYTHING understandable regarding a position, even if you don't agree...it is all "why" the rational and evidences. There was never right or wrong, except on our tests of course. Our final, we had to write an arguement on a topic and give the "evidence" that supported that view. I cheated and got a C-. Yes, I have since repented, cause I know it was wrong!

Comment

Egypt Condemns Security Cabinet Decision
              03:30 Aug 10, '06 / 16 Av 5766

(IsraelNN.com) Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit on Wednesday released a statement condemning the Israeli Security Cabinet decision to permit IDF forces to advance deeper into Lebanon
              http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=109653

Has anyone heard any reports about the strike that was supposed
              to take place in Egypt last Sunday? I have not heard any news
              about it since Saturday.

Comment

Israel puts ground offensive on hold

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060810/...lebanon_israel
                JERUSALEM - Israel has put its massive new ground offensive into southern Lebanon on hold for two or three days to give the U.N. Security Council more time to come to an agreement on a cease-fire, an Israeli Cabinet minister and senior officials said Thursday
                Great now we give Hesbolah more time to relocate and not to mention UN's reputation on reaching decisions within the 2 to 3 day time frame is useless.

Comment

Shimon Perez strikes again...peace, peace when there is no peace.

Comment

But but but......
                    Fox News was showing large IDF troop movements going into S. Lebannon - so what are they going to do? Say oops we goofed and go home??

Comment

I sure do hope that the airstrikes are still on.

Comment

The troops that moved in earlier today were not part of the "expanded program" that had been approved. When that movement of troops first were moving in, they pointed out..."this is not part of the expanded campaign". I think this is part of the fulfillment of Psalm 2...were God has men in derision; the word derision means to speak unintelligibly, as if imitating a foreigner. BABEL, BABEL, BABEL is what is coming out of the UN, UNSC and all the powers that think they be.

Comment

Stress is building, Pray for God to give wisdom to Israel's leaders.

http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=109672

Sharp Exchange of Words Between Peretz & Mofaz
                          09:29 Aug 10, '06 / 16 Av 5766

(IsraelNN.com) During Wednesday’s Security Cabinet meeting which approved an expanded anti-Hizbullah offensive, Defense Minister Amir Peretz questioned Mofaz’s performance in the past government, during his tenure as defense minister.

Mofaz stated the plan being presented to the cabinet was not a good one, warning it would result in too much loss of life. The former IDF chief of staff stated his plan entailed attacking Hizbullah from north to south, a plan that would permit achieving Israel’s objectives quicker, with less loss of life.

Peretz, who reportedly attended the meeting following a sleepless night, stated the plan prepared by the IDF was the best possible plan to attack Hizbullah. Mofaz insisted this is not the case, warning against the plan.

Peretz then snapped, “And what did you do as defense minister while Hizbullah was arming?”

Nine ministers voted in favor of the plan while three opted to abstain. There were no votes in opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                            In light of current events continue daily Rapture Drills until further notice....
                            Aye Aye Captain. Ready and waiting!

Bluejaye

Comment

17:49 U.S. Assistant Sec. of State Welch returns to Israel to push deal on UN resolution (AP)

www.haaretz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Julian4JC
                                [B][SIZE="3"]
                                Great now we give Hesbolah more time to relocate and not to mention UN's reputation on reaching decisions within the 2 to 3 day time frame is useless.
                                The ground action is obviously continuing. Israel's delaying of their expansion is purely political. They do not want to give the impression that they are ignoring the international community. In the meantime, they continue to amass huge numbers of forces at the border, waiting for the sure outcome of the UN- more indecision or, at best, a resolution with no backing. I expect a mini "shock and awe" out of Israel this weekend.

WLNF

Comment

Working...
                                X