X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel Pt II

Originally posted by HSB
    Dear Eagleswings et al:

The confusing piece in all of the news pouring out of the ME has been Iran. I suspected there would have been a coup by now to depose the president. What Iran really wants is to be a king maker in the region, neutralize Israel nuke force (perhaps as a tradeoff to not developing their own) Persia is part of Gog's coalition. That might be with Russia as 99.4% of prophecy students agree, or someone else. Do not discount an arrangement to be part of an international coaltion to implement a peace agreement ( go spend a few hours reading through the Ezekiel 36 Part ! thread) I for one was amazed in the early 1990's to see a broad coaliton of the willing form in alliance with the USA to kick Sadaam out of Kuwait. Even Syria was part of that effort! So watch who the peacekeepers turn out to be, watch Iran and keep the third eye glued on the west bank.
    Iran has confused me, too; once the election fo that terrorist Iranian president happened I didn't think it was possible that Iran could take over control of Iraq as some said might happen early in the war, becuase I didn't think we'd negotiate with ihm. However...

I wonder if it might not be possible - f Iran keeps sabre rattling - for the West and U.S. in particular to say, "Look, Persia, you just stop bellyaching about israel and your nukes, and keep quiet for a certain amount of time, and we'lll let you take over control of part of Iraq." There is already talk of splitting Iraq into 3 sections - not serious yet, but talk - so it is possible.

Even if Iran doesn't take over all of it, I don't know which type of Muslim they are, but could they take over the part that matches whichever type they are?

If this happens, your scenario could come true (U.S. helping guard Israel could be part) or not (U.S. wearily comes home.)

I thought the Iran taking reins in Iraq" idea was quite interesting at first. Now, I'm beginning to study it again.
    My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
    Please print, pass on these items:
    http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
    http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

Originally posted by Helene
      Andy, I'm glad that this thread is starting anew because now I will have half a chance to keep up with the perspectives, especially in light of current events. While I'm sure that the old thread is a wealth of information, I just don't have the time and energy to work through it. I would venture to guess that most of us, new viewers included are having enough trouble just trying to stay on top of the many ongoing pinned and unpinned threads that are continually updating every day.

I agree thank you Andy. I'm very excited about trying to keep up with this. I'm not very good with politics and the such so I've learned so much from all of you wading through this topic. Thanks for the awesome and interesting read.

YSIC,
      Tammy

Comment

The Ukrainian president has now accepted his arch-rival for prime minister, placing another piece of the end times puzzle into place.
        "Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko has backed his arch-rival Viktor Yanukovych for prime minister, ending a four-month political stand-off.
        Mr Yanukovych draws his support from the mainly Russian-speaking industrial southeast of Ukraine, where many voters are suspicious of the pro-Western, liberal Orange Revolution agenda."
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5240782.stm
        Yanukovych, the new prime minister is*pro Russian. This places the Ukraine in a good position to team up with Russia for the*surprise attack on Israel*talked about in Ezekial 38. Present day Ukraine could possibly represent Gomer in Ezekial 38:6.

But Israel is not at peace yet. And Ezekial 38 says over and over that Israel must be at peace when the attack happens. Many of the puzzle pieces are being put in place so Israel's peace must be near.
        We all need to pray and witness more and more as the time draws near.

Comment

I was listening to Daniel Alayon the Israeli Ambassador to the UN. (Love that guy!) He said he is most concerned with "world leaders seemingly becoming enamored by Iran these past 3 weeks". That is exactly how I feel, it is like people who do not know the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob are already blinded and are receiving the strong delusion. When the UN decided to give Iran until the 25th to end its nuke program which falls AFTER the 22nd date Amanutjob gave...it is like a spell is cast and Iran and the spiritual force behind it is being loosed on the world, it reminds me of the Left Behind movies when those leaders fell under Carpathia's spell when he shot his friends. (I know the movie isn't perfect...just giving the impression I have of the state of the world.)

Comment

Originally posted by eagleswings
            Yanukovych, the new prime minister is*pro Russian. This places the Ukraine in a good position to team up with Russia for the*surprise attack on Israel*talked about in Ezekial 38. Present day Ukraine could possibly represent Gomer in Ezekial 38:6.
            Hello Eagleswings:
            As I read my Bible... it occurs to me that you have made an assumption that Gog MaGog "ATTACKs" Israel... where in Ezekiel 38 does it connote an ATTACK?
            It certainly says that Gog and the Multi-National Force with him come in like a flood - note: A Force that was "invited in" might also come in like a flood! Where do you get the idea that this is an ATTACK?
            Remember Ezekiel 38 states that when Gog is in the Land that an 'evil thought' enters his mind! What might that 'evil-thought' be? Because it is as he takes action on that 'evil-thought' that God 'SMACKS' him and his Multi-National Force on the Mountains of Israel [West Bank - Judea & Samaria]!
            And as you know - it takes seven months to clean up the dead! Awesome!
            Blessings:
            Last edited by Andy; 08-04-2006, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere but I haven't read it, but what do ya'll think of the UN Peacekeeping force coming into the region? Could this be Gog? Or perhaps a large part of the the UN force will be Gog?

Comment

Originally posted by Ready2beraptured
                I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere but I haven't read it, but what do ya'll think of the UN Peacekeeping force coming into the region? Could this be Gog? Or perhaps a large part of the the UN force will be Gog?
                Ready2beraptured:
                The UN has already had a Multi-National Force here in Southern Lebanon for the whole of the six years since Israel withdrew... SOOooo... this is not new! What is new is that the Multi-National Force currently being considered will be armed and have 'fangs' with which to impose 'Peace'! Now that is new! It is even more interesting that Germany may be providing Troops and Leadership here!
                Here is the chance for Germany [who conducted the Holocaust] to now defend Israel from those who would perpetrate another Holocaust! By-the-way these Arabs currently trying to eliminate Israel were German Allies in the WW-II who cheered on Germany as they attempted to eliminate Israel. My how things have changed! Or have they?

Comment

Even if Gog and many others are the multinational peace force stationed in South Lebanon, I don’t think Gog will have the nerve to “have an evil thought” : ) against Israel while Israel has the U.S. as a strong ally. After the rapture the U.S. will be broken and will need UN assistance. (Daniel chapter 8) I think it may be at this time that the Gog multinational force will think to take the opportunity to destroy Israel possibly by using the oil weapon as Russia did on the Ukraine the beginning of this year.
                  Notice Ezekiel 38:7 says that Gog will be “a guard unto” Israel. This sure sounds like they are protecting Israel and then have the intent of then destroying Israel when the opportunity arises.
                  7Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

Comment

Originally posted by HSB
                    In my thread above I mentioned that the plane of most interest to me is the spiritual battlefield. Daniel 9:11 says that in response to disobedience God will send "the curse" in hebrew that word is Alah. OK let's call it Allah and tie in Hamas/Hezbollah etc. Modern israel is under a curse due to unbelief..one of these days that curse will be lifted. They will recognize Yeshua as their brother and Massiach in their hour of need.

I wrote about this when I was away on another thread but many may not have read it. My point is allah is an old god of the arabs.

Hey guys I was reading Judges in regard to some thoughts I had regarding the new found 1000 yr old Psalm 83 fragment. Judges 8:21 talks of Gideon and the killing of the bad Midianites (who were sons of Ishmael)--when Israel failed to kill the inhabitants of the land acording to God's nstructions, God let those who were not killed stick around adn harass the Israelites so they would cry to the LORD for deliverance. The pattern in Judges is : sin---sold to enemiew or war---crying out to God---deliverance and the raising up of a JUdge---this was the cycle in early Israel history as they were becoming est. inthe land. Interesting today I see much of the same pattern excpet their is a reluctance to cry out to God as a whole nation.

JUdges 3

1 Now these are the nations which Yahweh left, to prove Israel by them, even as many of Israel as had not known all the wars of Canaan;

2 only that the generations of the children of Israel might know, to teach them war, at the least such as before knew nothing of it:

3 namely, the five lords of the Philistines, and all the Canaanites, and the Sidonians, and the Hivites who lived on Mount Lebanon, from Mount Baal Hermon to the entrance of Hamath. (Lebannon area)

4 They were left, to prove Israel by them, to know whether they would listen to the commandments of Yahweh, which he commanded their fathers by Moses.

5 The children of Israel lived among the Canaanites, the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites:

6 and they took their daughters to be their wives, and gave their own daughters to their sons and served their gods.
                    very bad and against the LORD'S command

What I discovered in Judges 8:21 was that the Midianites (Arabs) had crescent ornaments on their camel bags----I think that even way back then --they were worshiping Allah--the curse---the moon God

Comment

More on the moon god theme see: www.yeshua.co.uk

Exerpt

In ancient Syria and Canna, the Moon-god Sin was usually represented by the moon in its crescent phase. At times the full moon was placed inside the crescent moon to emphasize all the phases of the moon. The sun-goddess was the wife of Sin and the stars were their daughters. For example, Istar was a daughter of Sin. Sacrifices to the Moon-god are described in the Pas Shamra texts. In the Ugaritic texts, the Moon-god was sometimes called Kusuh. In Persia, as well as in Egypt, the Moon-god is depicted on wall murals and on the heads of statues. He was the Judge of men and gods. The Old Testament constantly rebuked the worship of the Moon-god (see: Deut. 4:19;17:3; II Kngs. 21:3,5; 23:5; Jer. 8:2; 19:13; Zeph. 1:5, etc.) When Israel fell into idolatry, it was usually the cult of the Moon-god. As a matter of fact, everywhere in the ancient world, the symbol of the crescent moon can be found on seal impressions, steles, pottery, amulets, clay tablets, cylinders, weights, earrings, necklaces, wall murals, etc. In Tell-el-Obeid, a copper calf was found with a crescent moon on its forehead. An idol with the body of a bull and the head of man has a crescent moon inlaid on its forehead with shells. In Ur, the Stela of Ur-Nammu has the crescent symbol placed at the top of the register of gods because the Moon-god was the head of the gods. Even bread was baked in the form of a crescent as an act of devotion to the Moon-god. The Ur of the Chaldees was so devoted to the Moon-god that it was sometimes called Nannar in tablets from that time period.

I dont want to derail the Mtns of Israel discussion but just thought that this was an interesting aside.

Comment

Ezekiel 38 says "Gomer and all his troops" I read a while back that the people of Gomer migrated to central europe, todays Germany...... if Germany is part of the "peacekeeping" force in Lebanon , that would explain how Gomer/ Germany is in place to invade Israel........

Comment

Germany gives me the willies, lewishb. I believe it is still a spiritual stronghold for antisemitism. I have heard many pastors and business men say they have gone there and heard antisemetic comments still being made. I was reading about this museum that was built there too, Pergamum Museum? I posted on it in the last couple of weeks somewhere on the board...this museum in Berlin holds the original Ishtar Gate from Babylon and the Pergumum Altar, shipped just before WWI. It was an altar to Zeus that was erected where the letter in Rev., Church of Pergamos, was addressed to. Too many pagan idols are in one place to NOT have a spiritual impact.

Comment

Dear WendyJ and others: just returned from some vacation. Wendy thanks for your post about Judges 3 and 8!!! Amazing that the same storries are being worked out in our times. The region of the Philistines would be modern Gaza area where Hamas operates and the other region identified is modern Lebanon with Hizb Allah (literally the Party of Allah) operates. In both cases the rationale is to "test the Israelites to see whether they would obey the Lord's commands" Interesting that Hamas in Hebrew (Strongs 2554/2555) means violence (eg Gen 6:11 "the earth was filled with VIOLENCE (khawmas). We also know that Alah in Hebrew means "the curse". The pagans of old having ornaments of "crescent necklaces" (see Isa 3:18 as well as the Judges 8:21 reference) just about ices the cake doesn't it?? At the spiritual level God is testing modern Israel to see if they will follow His commands. Sadly they will not...the result will be GIVING away the very Land of Promise on the West Bank (the Mountains of Israel). This I believe will result in God's direct involvement in local affairs.

Comment

Welcome back HSB...

It is good to see you back and we are delighted to once again consider your insights... As you are aware the 22nd August is very important as Iran gives the UN it's response to their ultimatum to stop Atomic Bomb development!

In light of the fact that the twelph IMAM [Mufti] will appear once the world has degenerated into chaos... and in light of the fact that Iran sees itself as the trigger to commence that slide into this chaos with a significant disastrous event!

It is my understanding that once Islam takes 'land' - that land becomes holy Islamic land... never to ever be handed over to infidels [this of course is the reason that Israel has to be driven from "holy Islamic Land" into the Mediterranean].

Given that the above statement is true... how can Hesbu-Allah move north of the River thereby handing "holy Islamic Land" over to the UN & Israeli INFIDELS? If they refuse to move out or refuse to give up their arms... in either case they abrogate the newly-signed peace pack!

SOOooo... my question is... How long is this peace-pack likely to last, supposing of course that it can in fact get implemented!

Blessings:

Comment

the key consideration is that the territory be muslim (which south Lebanon happens to be with or without the Hizb Allah gang there on the ground). In the last 2 decades Lebanon has shifted from being majority Christian to majority Muslim.... many would like the same thing to occur inside Israel. Regarding the peace cease fire not sure if it will hold. I for one was disappointed that IDF could not eliminate Hizb Allah in a month of war..something here does not add up!
                                Keep your eye on the ball..the west bank (Mountains of israel) that is the focus of this thread and it will be even more important in the months ahead. Olmert still seems dedicated to the evacuation of the west bank.. I don't think his government has a lot of support. We will know within the year I suspect.

Comment

Working...
                                X