X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel Pt II

Andy:
    In my opinion good old boy George is fast running out of anything to leave as his Legacy... everything he has been involved in since coming to office is or has unraveled! SOOooo... with time in his second tour running out he has to see something very concrete happen by the end of 2007 - that is if he wants to lay claim as his Legacy!

I believe that Olmert will decide to proceed with the turn-over of the West Bank [All of the Israel that existed when Samuel anointed Saul as the first King of Israel there at Gilgal]... this is where Abraham is buried - Sarah, The Prophets, The Judges, etc. etc. These are the Mountains-of-Israel referenced in Ezekiel 36 - 38 & 39.... These are the Mountains-of-Israel that God 'Talks to' - indicating that He is brining His People home to these very mountains! Isn't it odd that mostly Orthodox Jews live in these areas, while mostly Secular Jews live in the land that Lot Choose? They find themselves in the lowlands where the Philistines were and still are!

By trying to turn this land over to become the new Palestinian State - Olmert and George Bush's "Roadmap to Peace" are going directly up against the God of Abraham - Isaac - Jacob! There is no entity on earth over the whole history of earth that has gone up against God and won - What is it in the minds of these men that cause them to believe that this time it will be different?

Yes! It is my opinion that Olmert will try and make this happen once HAMAS & HEZBULLAH have been de-fanged. He does not have the manpower to make the move of 'Taking these Orthodox Families off these Mountains' - SOOooo... he will appeal to the only 'friend' that he believes that he has - George! George looking to finally have a Legacy to leave as the President that brought Peace to the Middle East - will make the effort using the Army and the forces he already has currently there in the Negev. He has learned that he needs the UN on side and this will be accomplished by cobbling the Army of the Willing (note; Egypt - Syria - Jordan - nor Lebanon are NOT part of this Multi-National Force)! As noted in Ezekiel 38 Gog comes in like a flood - but - there is no "BATTLE" described here - I believe that is because he has been invited in... Once inside with the Muli-National Force Scripture says 'An evil' thought enters his mind... what might that be? Well let me postulate something that I believe is real - not beyond the realm of possibility...

As we all know, the American 'Buck' is really under pressure these days. Having gone off the Gold Standard way back in the early 1900's and having spun off the Federal Reserve into 'Private" Hands... The American 'Buck' has nothing backing it up other than the World's Belief in its Value! Well that belief is faltering... and will continue as Nations start to deal in EURO's and other Foreign Funds! The fact that the USA is continuing to go into substantial DEBT is further weakening the American 'Buck'!

Put this in the back of your head and let it percolate for a while...

The Dead Sea right now is the single most significant location [proverbial Gold Mine] for much of the Mineral requirements of the World's Global Economy... Just think - it has a Billion Tons of Manganesium; a Billion Tons of Phosphorus; a Billion Tons of Potassium; a Billion Tons of Sodium; ETC. etc. etc.
    The 'evil' thought that comes into the head of Gog might very well be... The American 'Buck' can be backed up by the riches of the content of the Dead Sea... and America has the Technical know-how to get it out of the earth! This is better than Gold!

Well there Andy are a few thoughts off the top of my head as to what could happen soon... Now if George were to declare a "State-of-Emergency" in America, he could extend his term thus moving the 18-months of my current schedule to 24? 36?

We live in very interesting times!

Regards:

Comment

WOW - that's some fascinating stuff, DTB - I can see I have something here worth really studying and chewing on.

Comment

The Dead Sea right now is the single most significant location [proverbial Gold Mine] for much of the Mineral requirements of the World's Global Economy... Just think - it has a Billion Tons of Manganesium*; a Billion Tons of Phosphorus; a Billion Tons of Potassium; a Billion Tons of Sodium; ETC. etc. etc.
        The 'evil' thought that comes into the head of Gog might very well be... The American 'Buck' can be backed up by the riches of the content of the Dead Sea... and America has the Technical know-how to get it out of the earth! This is better than Gold!
        Just curious. . .

* - is this magnesium or manganese???? Both are found in the Dead Sea; I just couldn't find where to look to find out how much. Any help???

And. . . just how profitable would either/both be to the US?

Comment

Hello Shelby:
          While over there in Israel in early May of this year, we had the chance to visit the Dead Sea Area... many in our Group actually floated in it - quite the experience! It was while there in the Dead Sea Area talking to Israeli Citizens that they made the observation that for thousands of years the Jordan River has been carrying elements/minerals into this lowest lake on the Planet with no exit drainage... water simply evaporates, leaving the elements to build up over time... they made the observation that there was in excess of a Billion Tons of [here they named many more than those I referenced]...

The Dead Sea contains 21 minerals including Sodium, Magnesium, Calcium, Bromine, Bitumen and Potassium. Twelve of these are found in no other sea or ocean [some are recognized for imparting a relaxed feeling, nourishing the skin, activating the circulatory systems and for easing rheumatic discomfort and metabolic disorders]. The Dead Sea contains 10 times more salts and minerals than the Mediterranean Sea.

Dead Sea Water
          Comparison of Major Elements in the Dead Sea, the Mediterranean and Ocean Water
          Element
          Cl mg/l Mg mg/l Na mg/l Ca mg/l K mg/l Br mg/l

Dead Sea
          224900 44000 40100 17200 7650 5300

Mediterranean Sea
          22900 1490 12700 470 470 76

Ocean Water
          19000 1350 10500 400 390 65

* High tds - over 34%. High bivalent / monovalent cation ratio. Rich in Mg. Br. and others.

To begin to understand the value of what is here... simply take the current market value of each element [X] One Billion Tons for each element identified to obtain the current value…
          Prices determined from… http://www.metalprices.com/
          Examples:
          Manganese… 1-Billion Tons X $0.357/lb = $ 714,000,000,000.00
          Magnesium.... 1-Billion Tons X $0.771/lb = $1,542,000,000,000.00
          Zink............... 1-Billion Tons X $1.436/lb = $2,872,000,000,000.00

OK... You should get the idea... There is a relative GOLD MINE here! More than enough to support the faltering American ‘Buck’!

Regards:

Comment

Originally posted by Don Brooks
            There is a relative GOLD MINE here!
            No question that there is a great value of minerals in the Dead Sea, BUT what is the cost of retrieving those minerals?

Comment

Not to mention the vast untapped natural resources available in the US. I hardly think that we need to take over Israel for their minerals.

Also, there are any number of credible sites that take on the conspiracy theorys that float around 9/11. This is one that is in depth, and IMHO excellent:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html?page=1&c=y and another:

http://www.debunking911.com/pull.htm

and for the truly technically minded, this is a journal for engineers that takes on the myths:

http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Eagar/Eagar-0112.html

Don't be duped into believing anything without first investing the time and energy to really check out the facts.
              Last edited by Glorify Him; 07-27-2006, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Brooks
                they made the observation that there was in excess of a Billion Tons of [here they named many more than those I referenced]...

Dead Sea Water
                Element
                Cl mg/l Mg mg/l Na mg/l Ca mg/l K mg/l Br mg/l

Dead Sea
                224900 44000 40100 17200 7650 5300
                Don -
                Regrettably, "They made the observation. . ." is only anecdotal. Do you have a reference that documents the 224 gm/L of Chlorine, 44 gm/L Magnesium, etc.? You've put together a list here that totals some 3/4 pound of minerals per quart of water (342-ish grams minerals per liter, in metric terms). That is indeed very dense, but I didn't find a reference as to what the actual density of Dead Sea water is. So I can't judge the accuracy of the numbers very easily. In any case, none of these listed are particularly in short supply anywhere.

Back on-topic -

Don, I am more convinced today, than I was last week, that your scenario is not relying appropriately on the current “facts on the ground” as we have become fond of saying. In a nutshell, I think that the situation has pretty effectively out-run the possibility of your scenario ever being able to play out.

For example: This morning we saw the news flash from Abbas that there was an “imminent” release of the kidnapped Israeli soldier down in Gaza. Within a couple of hours, Hamas repudiated that. And within a couple of more hours, we see FoxNews reporting “An Associated Press translation found that quote (‘release is imminent’) was not correct.” http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,205912,00.html – the whole concept of holding out the olive branch to the Israelis is now relegated to “Negotiations are ongoing.” Well Duhhh. No peace there. Nope, no peace there. Oh Well.

The Saudis, the Egyptians, the Emirates are all “cautious.” They say that a solution is imperative, that Hezbollah was at fault, that Israel responded “disproportionately,” ad infinitum…. In other words, are they going to take a side? Nope. No help there.

What about Russia? Putin has now come out and held Russia (and by implication himself) up as the “defender of the Islamic faith.” The best friend Islam ever had. Send me cash, I’ll follow you anywhere – which has been the Russian mantra for decades. And lest we forget, Russia has oil, they just don’t have the highly-developed infrastructure to get it out of the ground and to market that the ME does, so is it in Russia’s interest to alienate itself from those folks? A decided no. Peace initiative? Nope. No peace there.

Al Qaeda – well, of course today they are calling for jihad to bring about an Islamic state. "It is a Jihad for the sake of God and will last until (our) religion prevails ... from Spain to Iraq," http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,205858,00.html . Doubtful that they would do anything that would look like peace, UN peacekeeping force or no, and regardless of the actual composition of that peacekeeping force. Probably not the best partner at the peace table. Nope, no good at all.

Hezbollah? Recently announced they will not suffer a “. . . humiliating defeat. . .” And after all, they are the perpetrators of the current conflict, so I doubt very seriously that they will go to the peace table. Nope. Probably not.

Here in the US of A – I simply don’t see the opportunity for President Bush to be able to pull off your hypothetical “occupation/invasion” of Israel (as the Biblical Gog.) His own party has factions that are saying “. . . we’re in World War III. . .” and left to themselves would be much stronger supporters of Israel than we have seen heretofore. The other party, for crying out loud, would absolutely go bonkers if the US were to try something like that. Peace, Love, and Joy abound. The delusional John Kerry thinks that diplomacy could have prevented, and now can fix, all the ills of the world. The US can’t broker a peace in this. Nope. No peace.

In summary, Don, I love ya like a Brother, but IMHO God himself would have to step in and forge a peace in the ME, in order for the whole process to slow down enough for your scenario to work.

Way back in the days of I Ezek's Mtns 2:16 (Thread I, page 2, post 16 ) we weren't a pressed for time. Now it's a new day.

PlumBob

Comment

Ok so I’m new at this. Just found this site yesterday. But I’ve always wondered why Ezekiel 38:8-10 sounded like some kind of a military forces that just arrives in Israel not intending to attack at first. Then thinks an evil thought to attack. But now with the UN thinking of placing a multinational peacekeeping force in South Lebanon it just seems to make sense. A lot of the countries are going to have to bow out in sending peacekeepers for various reasons. The US can’t send forces. The Arab nations are out on this one and Germany isn’t a good fit for sending peacekeepers. It may be that Russia is the one that volunteers to send peacekeepers making it quiet on Israel’s borders for the first time in a while. After all, Russia is a member of the Quartet and “trustworthy”. Maybe that’ll bring about Israel’s peace mentioned in Ezekiel 38. Then the rapture happens breaking the U.S. and leaving Russia to see a great opportunity to take Israel out of the picture with a little help from their friends. Israel has that oil tipline going right through it that Russia uses so maybe that’s part of Russia’s motivation.

Comment

eagleswings -

Welcome to the group! You'll make many good friends here, and get involved in lively discussion.

This Ezekiel 36 thread was (18 months ago) predicated on several of the things you touched on, however the original premise floated by the fellow who started the thread was that the United States would be part of that peace keeping force. We then spent quite some time discussing whether the US President, George Bush, might be Gog, of Gog-Magog fame.

When the Gaza effectively was turned over to Pali control, the thread began to languish somewhat. I suppose we are now waiting to see what may happen if Israel turns over the West Bank to the Palis. I'd encourage you to read through the original thread (or as much of it as you can handle) (Not the Part II thread, but the one stuck later down, with 38,000 views).

In any case, Welcome. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

PlumBob

Comment

Hello Eaglewings:
                      You are going to enjoy this Thread - the characters on this Thread have a wide range of thoughts and opinions and are not hesitant to express them - SOOooo... don't hold back! I like the way you have expressed the concept of the Russian "Peace-keepers" role as being plausable as after all they are now "trustworthy"! Welcome to the Thread!

Hello PlumBob:
                      I love ya buddy... it's been a while since we've been into this verbal jousting! I think I agree with most of what you are saying... And the part that rings with the critical 'truth' is your second-last paragraph... "In summary, Don, I love ya like a Brother, but IMHO God himself would have to step in and forge a peace in the ME, in order for the whole process to slow down enough for your scenario to work." The first part of your comment addresses the heart of the matter... God Himself will step in and forge the PEACE in the Middle East! And it isn't going to happen any other way!

Time will tell weather Putin or George is Gog... who knows, it may be neither - then again one or two of us on this Thread may be right! Time will tell! In the meantime hundreds of people are dying on both sides. Something that does bother me about the tremendous effort being orchestrated on the world stage is this... When millions of Christians were and are being slaughtered in the Sudan - Darfur - where were these same World Leaders? It seems to me that a few hundred dying in the Middle East takes significant precedence, in their eyes, over hundreds of thousands dying in Africa? Why? But then I digress... I think that we all need to be not only praying for peace in the Middle East, but peace on our Planet! Lord; may the Prince-of-Peace come soon!

Blessings:

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes! I feel like God led me to this site. For the last couple of years I’ve been really getting into studying prophecy but I found that not many people wanted to discuss it with me. Seems like everyone is so caught up in their “life” that they don’t want to talk about the wonderful life we will have when Christ comes back for us.
                        I’m looking forward to learning from your thoughts and sharing some of my own. Thks!!

Comment

I'm a mining engineer and the elements noted in the posts above are relatively commnon. I don't think there will be an invasion of Israel for salt, fertilizer and a few odd light metals.

There are lots of these materials produced daily from other mining, metallurgical and other commercial ventures. The value is all market driven if there is no one to buy the stuff at a price that matches cost of production plus profit, it's not going to be exploited.

Capital to develop mining ventures only goes to where there is a good chance of return and the politics is relativly stable.

Comment

First, Steve, welcome aboard. Looking forward to getting to know you.

DtB - well, my friend, we absolutely do agree that the outcome is fixed. Just this morning, I came upon the familiar verse, here quoted in three different translations.

Pro 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap; But the whole disposing thereof is of Jehovah. American Standard Version

Pro 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap, But its every decision is from the LORD. NASB

Pro 16:33 Make your motions and cast your votes, but GOD has the final say. The Message

The Message sounds kinda like the UN, huh?

PB

Comment

Dear Eagleswings et al:

Back down from vacation for overnight sendoff of kids at airport so have a few hours. As PlumBob said "the original premise floated by the fellow who started the thread was that the United States would be part of that peace keeping force". I am that fellow..and have not changed my opinion in the last 18 months. A simple scenario would be that US forces deploy in Israel area upon completion of the Iraq assignment that will be winding down in the next year or so (Let's hope and pray it does in fact wind down) There are over 125,000 troops close by, and the equipment necessary is already prepositioned in Israel. What the latest Lebanon mess shows is that some external force will need to impose a peace in the area. The UN has little credibility and has been there for over 20 years. Maybe NATO, Russia, EU by itself but in the final analysis probably the good ol USA.

The area to watch closely is the west bank which will be front and center next year. It will make Gaza and the Lebanon flareups look like sideshows (which they are). The main attraction will be the "mountains of israel" as spoken to by God Himself in Ezekiel 36.

The confusing piece in all of the news pouring out of the ME has been Iran. I suspected there would have been a coup by now to depose the president. What Iran really wants is to be a king maker in the region, neutralize Israel nuke force (perhaps as a tradeoff to not developing their own) Persia is part of Gog's coalition. That might be with Russia as 99.4% of prophecy students agree, or someone else. Do not discount an arrangement to be part of an international coaltion to implement a peace agreement ( go spend a few hours reading through the Ezekiel 36 Part ! thread) I for one was amazed in the early 1990's to see a broad coaliton of the willing form in alliance with the USA to kick Sadaam out of Kuwait. Even Syria was part of that effort! So watch who the peacekeepers turn out to be, watch Iran and keep the third eye glued on the west bank.

In my thread above I mentioned that the plane of most interest to me is the spiritual battlefield. Daniel 9:11 says that in response to disobedience God will send "the curse" in hebrew that word is Alah. OK let's call it Allah and tie in Hamas/Hezbollah etc. Modern israel is under a curse due to unbelief..one of these days that curse will be lifted. They will recognize Yeshua as their brother and Massiach in their hour of need.

Comment

(Wow!, never heard this before HSB)

HSB said
                                In my thread above I mentioned that the plane of most interest to me is the spiritual battlefield. Daniel 9:11 says that in response to disobedience God will send "the curse" in hebrew that word is Alah. OK let's call it Allah and tie in Hamas/Hezbollah etc. Modern israel is under a curse due to unbelief..one of these days that curse will be lifted. They will recognize Yeshua as their brother and Massiach in their hour of need.

Comment

Working...
                                X