This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel Pt II

BNL: oil is a big part of ME politics and economics. The players include USA but also EU for sure. When I was in Israel years ago I drove along the pipeline route up in the Golan that used to carry Saudi oil through Jordan then up over the Golan (Syria) on to Sidon. Needless to say after 1967 the Arabs had to turn the taps off. You may also be aware that while the Lebanon war was going on last summer that the Ceyhan pipeline for Baku oil through Georgia, south of the Causus kicked into operation. This nicely avoids the Chechnyna oil switching area and keeps Russia out of the equation. Also Ceyhan avoids even Black Sea and Bosporus chokepoints. So I am not surprised at all by proposals and plans to bring Iraqi oil through Jordan to Israel. The players are tripping over each other. The EU has their ENPI action plan now in effect with israel (started January 1, 2007) Peres and the others know that trade in the future will mostly be with Europe.
    Do not forget that Israel has capability to send oil from Ashkelon overland to Eilat and by shipments to the far east (China, Japan etc) so there isd a lot riding on a peace deal coming soon! I'm surprised it is taking so long...everybody knows where it will all end up...parceling out the Land God gave to the Jews.

Comment

Sandylion…
      I must apologize for leaving the impression that I was as frivolous as to suggest that the King’s Kids would have to face His wrath… I was simply making the point that most North Americans really do have a concept that before there is any kind of ‘suffering’ here in the West; we are all going to be raptured.
      I agree with everything you have said and it is in no way contradicting what I was intimating… The Children of God who have the indwelling Spirit of Christ will not have the Wrath-of-God poured out on them… “There is now therefore NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus…”!!! I agree… None of God’s WRATH will fall on His Kids!

However there is ample evidence that as the Master suffered so the Servant will also suffer… 1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: or… Jas 5:10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience… or Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.. or Php 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;… or 2Th 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:… or 2Ti 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day… or 2Ti 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:… or 2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution… or 1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;… or Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life… or 1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
      1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
      1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
      1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

I have quoted but a few references to suffering… Why then does the North American Christian not seem to grasp that suffering is a badge of courage, a symbol of commitment, a source of future reward… If we aim to spend all of our time on the mountain top enjoying… how are we ever going to grow… Growth takes place in the Valley… Mountain Top experiences are great, but that is not all there is… Down in the Valley – suffering with Him and for Him carries great reward…

And finally I would say… Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Now here it would appear that the WRATH of Satan may very well be visited upon the Saints… Suffering cannot be avoided for the Child of God… As He suffered, so also will we….

But North America is buying into a Wealth & Blessing Mentality… The SECRET is… If you want it hard enough and you believe it can be, strong enough… Oh! If you have no negative thoughts… it will be yours! THAT IS A LIE! Don’t be deceived – far too many of our Churches are going for it!

Andy is right… start preparing for some very difficult times ahead… Very dark clouds are on the Horizon!

My last thought… “Greater is He that is in us… than he that is in the world”… Amen?
      Blessings:

Comment

closer yet. these meetings will be almost regular between now and the November conference (in New York city potentially)
        http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/890566.html

PM weighs land swap as part of future peace deal

By Akiva Eldar, Barak Ravid and Avi Issacharoff, Haaretz Correspondents and Agencies

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert is examining a new framework for peace in which Israel will propose transferring to the Palestinian state areas equivalent to 100 percent of the territories conquered in 1967.

Israel will suggest to the Palestinians to conduct negotiations for adequate territorial compensation from Israel's sovereign territory, in exchange for settlement blocs amounting to about 5 percent of the West Bank's area

also interesting story from Hebron where 3000 heavies are needed to evict 2 Jewish families. That is the situation where elite IDF troops and officers refused to participate. No army can tolerate its soldiers refusing to obey orders for very long. Look for "outsiders' to do the dirty work when the entire west bank gets handed over to the PA!!

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/890519.html

Security forces expect clashes in removal of 2 Hebron families
        Some 3,000 security personnel from the IDF, police force and Border Police will be involved in the evacuation

Comment

Hi All:
          And now the pressure will be excerted by the USA upon Israel to make the deal to be announced in November at the Fall Meeting being orchastrated by George... Read the following article found on Aretz - Israeli Radio

U.S. Pressure on Israel for a Palestinian State Foreseen
          by Hillel Fendel

As the US, Jordan, the PA and others prepare for a high-level Middle East summit in November, a squeeze on Israel to agree to a Palestinian state just kilometers from Tel Aviv is feared.

PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) has met in recent days with Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and with Jordan's King Abdullah, reportedly discussing plans for the upcoming Middle East summit. The summit is the brainchild of U.S. President George Bush, and is scheduled to be held three months from now. Some Israelis fear that it will mark the climax of a heavy series of pressures upon Israel to agree formally to the formation of a Palestinian state in Judea, Samaria and Gaza.

"With a quiet and densely-packed timetable," writes IDF Col. (res.) Moti Yogev, "the US Administration is cooking up, together with Prime Minister Olmert and Abu Mazen, very fateful plans for the State of Israel. The US will apply very heavy pressure on Israel to agree to understandings that will form the basis of the declaration of a Palestinian state in Judea and Samaria within just two months."

Yogev explains that the Bush Administration is working under the pressure of the 2008 elections. "By then," Yogev posits, "Bush plans to hit the Iranian nuclear infrastructures. This is why he is in such a rush to give the Palestinians and the moderate Moslem states fat weapons deals and a Palestinian state - in order to silence them in anticipation of the planned attack on Iran."

"Bush has partners," Yogev continues, "Abu Mazen and Olmert, and the common denominator for all of them is their unpleasant political situation, which is prodding them to take steps they hope will improve their standing."

Shteinitz Opposes Summit
          MK Yuval Shteinitz (Likud) told Arutz-7 this morning that the summit is something that must be strongly opposed: "This summit could well lead to a Palestinian state, with clear Hamas and Iranian influence, right on the doorstep of Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Ben Gurion International Airport. Even if it just serves as a small support for this idea, the summit is something that we must not allow."

Shteinitz served as head of the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee in the previous Knesset.

Though plans are proceeding apace for the summit to be held, several major stumbling blocks remain - including the refusal of Saudi Arabia to announce its participation, and the questionable status of Abu Mazen. Conflicting reports abound as to whether Hamas and Fatah are on the road to peace between them or to a resumption of hostilities. If the latter, then Abu Mazen could find himself a target of assassination; a statement by Hamas elements accuses him of "launching a war against Hamas together with the Zionist occupation forces."

In addition, a group of influential businessmen in the PA is considering starting a new party, which Abu Mazen said he "supports."

A Dangerous Israeli Commitment
          Yogev says we must be very far from complacent, however: "[Israeli Cabinet ministers] are again working, trying to give between 70 and 90% of Judea and Samaria to the PA for a state. True, some say the present government does not have the political strength to pull it off. But what is now on the agenda is just a signature on a 'declaration of principles' for the establishment of a Palestinian state. Even if the implementation is put off, it will still be an international Israeli commitment, and this is very grave. In addition, if it is marketed as a way of saving Israel from the Iranian nuclear threat, it will be very hard to convince the average Israeli of the dangers of abandoning most of Judea and Samaria - despite what has happened in Gaza."

The only way to stop this, Yogev writes, is for the "nationalist, religious, Zionist camp to wake up, unite as one, and work together... We have the strength to declare firmly that the Land of Israel belongs to the People of Israel, and that any thought of giving it to 'moderate' murderers is immoral and will not bring peace or security."

==========================================
          IMHO - things are tracking to the earlier statements in this Blog... Israel has nowhere to turn but to their God! And at the present they have not yet chosen to do that... The Secular Jew wants to give the heart of Old Israel away - [Lot's Choice]; while the Orthodox Jew wants to give away Philistine Land - [Abraham's Choice]... We already know what the wise choice then was... What will be the determining factor this time around?

The Storm Clouds are still gathering... can you hear the coming terbulance yet? Already the World is experiencing Weather conditions like nothing ever recorded... it seems to me that we may already be into the Tribulation Period as we see things unfolding...

Blessings:

Comment

"The US will apply very heavy pressure on Israel to agree to understandings that will form the basis of the declaration of a Palestinian state in Judea and Samaria within just two months." Wow. That is an incredible find Don!! It would mean that a "solution" to the ME mess will occur less than half way through this year underway that started May 16, 2007 (Iyar 28th) That is Yom Yerushalayim (Jerusalem day) which marks the 40th anniversary since the West Bank was captured in the SixDay War. Half a year later brings us to Nov 16th on our calendar. Why is this of interest to anyone. Read below...

When Daniel was calling out to God to restore the nation after 70 years, he knew the time was up according to Jeremiah's prophecy. However Daniel was already two years into the persian regime. You see the Babylonia kingdom did not get to 70 years of age, only 68!. So half of Jeremiah's prophecy about judgment coming after 70 years for Babylonia was never fulfilled in Daniel's time according to the rabbis. Fast forward to Oct 3, 1932. Iraq becomes a sovereign country, gaining independence from Great Britain from protectorate status after WW1. On August 2, 1990 almost 58 years later Desert Storm swept through but Saddam was not deposed. Rather the defeat of modern Babylonia waited until March 20, 2003, precisely 70 years and 5 months after its creation. The King of Babylon, who sent Scud missiles against Israel, and who claimed to be the modern Nebuchadnezzar, even making bricks with the two faces on them, went down to defeat "after 70 years", a remarkable fulfillment of jeremiah's prophecy in our times. I have wondered if we will see a Peace Deal to give away the "mountains of Israel" in a similar timeframe, ie 40 years plus a few months. Time will tell. Please pray that a projected trip in November to Israel and Jordan would proceed only under God's blessing and anointing.

Comment

Hello HSB...
              Hope for Today [David Hocking] has another great article on the Pressure being exerted on Israel to accept dividing up of the Land!!!

BUSH ADMINISTRATION IS PUSHING HARDER FOR A TWO-STATE SOLUTION!
              Prime Minister Ehud Olmert of Israel has less than 10% support of the people of Israel but he continues to make major moves toward accepting the peace ideas of the Bush Administration, the European Union, the United Nations, and Russia. Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice has been in the Middle East this past week and pushing hard for acceptance of the two-state solution and the dividing of Jerusalem. Israel is being pressured to give up everything that won in the Sixth-Day War of 1967! This is absolutely ridiculous! Israel's security and protection against its hostile enemies who are bent on her destruction will now be much more difficult. Assurances of the nations of the world that they will help her in her security needs are nothing but "soap bubbles" (Bible calls these promises in the false peace process in Ezekiel 13 - "vanity" - empty and void of any real substance or guarantees). Plus the fact that Hamas (which now controls Gaza) has been left out of these discussions. The proposed "giving up" of the Golan Heights is the worse decision Israel could make! Syria has NO desire to live in peace with Israel - the history is totally against such a decision!

The one great hope of the believer is that the LORD GOD of ISRAEL is working out His divine plan and is bringing human history as we have known it to a grand and glorious climax! Yes, there will be terrible destruction associated with it (Zechariah 12:9; I Thessalonians 5:1-3); but, we have read the last chapter of the original document!!! And guess what? WE WIN! PRAISE THE LORD! In the meantime, we pray for the gracious and compassionate LORD to intervene in behalf of His people in this present crisis!

Blessings:

Comment

Hello All:

Things are moving much faster than most of us realize... note the following excerpts from...
                Prophecy News Watch... http://www.prophecynewswatch.com

Hizbollah buys frontier land to attack Israel

Hizbollah is buying up large tracts of land owned by Christians and other non-Shias in southern Lebanon as the militant group rebuilds its defences in preparation for a new war with Israel, The Sunday Telegraph has been told. The land grab is thought to be driven by the Iranian-backed guerrillas' efforts to rearm themselves and fortify the strategically important ravines north of the Litani River, just north of the front line in last year's 34-day conflict with its Jewish neighbour. The Shia encroachment into a mixed area of Christians, Shias and Druze Muslims threatens to disrupt Lebanon's delicate sectarian balance, which is already teetering after three years of political tumult. "Christians and Druze are selling land and moving out, while the Shia are moving in. There is an extraordinary demo-graphic shift taking place," said Edmund Rizk, a Christian MP for the area until 1992.

10,000 march for Islam State in the West Bank

A global Islamic movement that wants bring Muslims back to the roots of their religion drew a crowd of more than 10,000 at a rally Saturday and denounced the moderate Palestinian Authority leadership in the West Bank as infidels. However, the Liberation Party espouses non-violent change, and PA security officials said they would not restrict the movement's activities as long as it does not resort to violence. The movement's annual rally was held at a time of heightened tension between the Hamas and the moderate Fatah movement of PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas. Hamas seized control of Gaza in June, and Abbas' security forces cracked down on Hamas in the West Bank in response. The Liberation Party, founded in 1953 by a Palestinian cleric in Jerusalem, calls for re-establishing the caliphate, or Islamic state, across the Muslim world.

Long-range rockets already in place on Golan; is Syria preparing for war?

The latest official IDF intelligence branch assessment, adopted by the Israeli government, is that Syria is not planning to attack Israel. At least not in the coming months. The accelerated preparations for war undertaken by the Syrian army recently, according to the assessment, are not aimed at launching an offensive, but rather, stem from fears in Damascus that the IDF plans to attack Syria. As proof of this, IDF intelligence researchers point to the fact that the Syrian army has not fundamentally changed its deployment, which is still mostly defensive, vis-à-vis Israel. However, intelligence officials estimate that there is still a risk of a war breaking out even in the near future as a result of a wrong estimate (here or there) regarding the other side’s intentions – a “miscalculation” as it is referred to by IDF intelligence officers. This is the official assessment. Yet this is not the complete picture. The truth is that there is no certainty within Israel’s intelligence community that Syria is not planning to initiate a military confrontation with Israel. Quite a few researchers in the IDF intelligence branch and Mossad suspect that Syria is waiting for a convenient point in time – which is not necessarily in the distant future. We’re not talking about the kind of war we’re familiar with like the Six Day War or Yom Kippur War, but rather, a Hizbullah-style war – but on an immense scale. These arguments and assessments are being taken very seriously by officials in Jerusalem, and this is the reason why the cabinet tasked with monitoring home front preparedness convened again Wednesday for its third or fourth session in order to discuss the possibility of a massive Syrian missile offensive.

'Secret' plan would give Palestinians West Bank

Newly installed Israeli President Shimon Peres has quietly drafted a plan for the Jewish state to evacuate and transfer to the Palestinians nearly the entire West Bank and several Arab Israeli cities located within territory that is undisputedly Israel's according to the international community, WND has learned. The West Bank is strategic territory that runs alongside Jerusalem and is within rocket range of Tel Aviv and Israel's international airport. It is home to many biblical Jewish communities and some of Judaism's holiest sites. Peres has presented his initiative to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and to top aides for Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas the past few weeks, after he took office as Israeli president last month, diplomatic sources in Jerusalem told WND. Peres' plan calls for Israel to hand 97-percent of the West Bank over to Abbas, with Israel retaining a small number of the territory's Jewish communities. In exchange for Israel keeping some land, the Jewish state will give the PA control of Arab Israeli cities north of Tel Aviv which, together with the evacuated West Bank territory, would amount to the equivalent of 100 percent of the West Bank. Diplomatic sources said aside from Abbas and Olmert, Peres has presented his plan to European Union officials. Top EU diplomats in recent days told the media they want a U.S.-sponsored international conference scheduled for November to lead to negotiations on a final agreement with the Palestinians.

What more could I say.... be prepared! We are watching Prophecy unfold right before our very eyes...
                Blessings:

Comment

here's info on the settlements in the West bank:
                  http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/894379.html

Most settlements lie east of fence, most settlers west

By Nadav Shragai, Haaretz Correspondent

While only 48 of the 122 settlements in the West Bank are situated to the west of the separation fence route, these settlements house the vast majority of settlers, according to an analysis conducted by Haaretz.

The analysis, which is based on Interior Ministry data, shows that 76.2 percent of all settlers - 209,716 in number - reside in the 48 settlements that will be to the west of the fence, once it is completed.

Only 65,440 settlers reside, as of 2007, in the 74 settlements that lie to the east of the fence route, comprising 23.8 percent of the overall settler population in the West Bank.

The government is expected to evacuate the settlements east of the fence in the framework of a deal with the Palestinians.

However, some of those settlements have seen an above average growth rate in 2006. Har Bracha, near Nablus, has expanded by 9.2 percent; Beit Hagai, in the southern Hebron Hills, by 9.5 percent; Talmon, in the northern Binyamin Region, by 8.1 percent; and Yitzhar by 12 percent. Negohot, the only West Bank settlement which is accessible exclusively through Area A, has expanded by 20.6 percent.

Area A of the West Bank was placed under full Palestinian Authority security control, both in terms of military and police activities, in the Oslo agreement. However, since Operation Defensive Shield in April 2002, Israel has assumed security control over Area A, on a nearly continuous basis.

The settlements west of the fence, which are expected to be annexed to Israel if an agreement is reached, have grown by a total of 11,338 residents between June 2006 and July 2007.

The total population of the settlements east of the fence grew by 2,886 settlers during the same time span. The population's growth rate overall, on both sides of the fence, continues to be identical and stands at 5.5 percent.

The settlers' struggle to retain the settlements east of the fence is apparent in the analysis of data pertaining to the establishment of new illegal outposts.

According to "Peace Now," 112 of the 156 (some 80 percent) outposts have been built on the east side of the fence route. Most of these outposts have been established at strategic points all over the West Bank, along main transport routes, in an attempt to link the relatively isolated enclaves to the bulk of the communities in the West Bank and prevent the Palestinians from obtaining these lands.

Exceptionally high population growth rates were registered in Elazar (21.9 percent) and Neve Daniel (10.9 percent) in the Etzion bloc, in Beit Horon (10 percent) and in Kfar Adumim (8.8 percent).

Seventy-one percent (roughly 150,000 people) of the Jewish population in the West bank resides in eight major urban areas: Modi'in Illit, Ma'aleh Adumim, Ariel, Givat Ze'ev, Alfei Menashe, Efrat and Karnei Shomron.

Whereas the religious towns of Modi'in Illit and Betar Illit expanded by 10 percent, secular settlements expanded less dramatically: Ariel by 0.7 percent, Givat Ze'ev by 1.1 percent, and Ma'aleh Adumim, Efrat, Alfei Menashe and Karnei Shomron each grew by 4.5 percent.

Out of 122 settlements in total, 19 shrank and 103 expanded. In 44 of these, the natural growth was below the average, which stands at 3.5 percent. According to Interior Ministry figures, the area which has seen the sharpest decline is the Jordan Valley, which includes the settlements of Gitit, Hamra, Mehola, Na'amah, Niran, Netiv Hagdud and Pazael.

However, the following Jordan Valley settlements have grown: Rotem, Yafit, Yitav, Hemdat and Bekaot. The areas of Binyamin Regional Council and the Etzion bloc have seen exceptionally high growth rates.

Overall, the number of settlers this year has grown from 260,645 to 275,156, which is a 5.45 percent increase. It is more than twice the growth rate of the Jewish population of Israel.

SO: they only have to arrange to forcefully move 65,440 settlers in 74 settlements "outside the wall"! good luck. These settlements are places like Shiloh, where the Tabernacle stood for 369 years and where samuel heard the voice of God, and Elon Morea, where Abraham was shown the Promised Land (unfortunately the "eternal" covenant is actually date stamped promise to expire when the Palestinian state is setup? .... don't think so folks)

Who would like to volunteer to help remove the settlers, most of whom are Orthodox Jews holding their Bibles. Why not poke God in the eye at the same time?.... but duck REAL fast!

Comment

We are all waiting patiently to see what comes out of the Peace negotiations going on behind closed doors in Israel. You can be sure that President Peres is in this up to his neck. With Olmert and Barak (yes the guy who was willing to give up the whole west bank during Clinton administration...now he's back as defence minister) things are clearly moving toward a new Palestinian state. I would like to comment on the timing involved. All the reports indicate that the big deal will be finalized in early November. What is most interesting is the timing related to Yom Yerushalim (Jerusalem day) that commemorates the unifying of Jerusalem in 1967, some 40 years ago! The date on the Hebrew calendar corresponds to our May 16th. Six months after that brings us to November 16th on our calendar. Notice the following interesting parallel to Babylonia....

This concerns Daniel's prayer asking God to restore the Jews and Holy City based on Jeremiah's prophecy of the 70 years being fulfilled. Interestingly, the other half of the prophecy about Babylonia and the king of Babylon was NOT fulfilled in his time. Note that when Daniel prayed because the 70 years were up and God would honor His own word and Name, they were already two years into the Persian regime! Babylon only lasted 68 years as an empire. Yet in our time the remainder of the prophecy was completed. On October 3, 1932 Iraq became a sovereign nation, gaining its independence from Great Britain from protectorate status after WW1. This was actually the first independent status since the ancient empire fell to the Persians in Daniel’s time. On August 2, 1990 some 58 years later Desert Storm swept through part of Iraq. Saddam Hussein was humbled but surprisingly not overthrown. Rather the defeat of modern “Babylonia” waited until March 20, 2003, precisely 70 years and less than 6 months after its creation. In addition the King of Babylon, that guy Saddam who even cast bricks with his image alongside that of Nebuchadnezzar, went down to overwhelming defeat. This is a remarkable fulfillment “after 70 years”, just like the prophecy in Daniel/Jeremiah outlines.

It will be very interesting to see if the "Peace deal" follows a similar timeframe... 40 years for testing plus less than 6 months (ie "after 40 years")

Yesterday I was reading in Isaiah 39. King Hezekiah is told that the Babylonians are going to run over top of his country in the future and take his descendents captive to Babylon. Hezekiah's reply "The word of the LORD you have spoken is good" For he thought "There will be peace and security in my lifetime". WOW>>>PEACE IN OUR TIME. That's what Chamberlain thought after Munich. And that's what Olmert and company will think as well...but Destruction will follow in the morning!!

Comment

You have permission to slap me silly for this question:

Where, in prophecy, does it say that Israel will be divided and a pally state will be instituted?

I just keep hearing of this happening but where is the scripture to back it up?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

I think one of the strongest verses that shows the Temple Mount will be shared is in Revelation.

Revelation 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
                        Revelation 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Comment

Shelby... "slap me silly" LOL. this is a really good question you are asking. personally, I don't think there will in fact ever be a Pally state in the west bank. if you wade through the mutiple posts of this thread and its predecessor you will find a few of my own personal thoughts on this topic. I believe there is ENORMOUS pressure on Israel to allow a Pally state in the West Bank. This is coming from America as well as the EU. America provides military equipment and financial aid to Israel which is deemed critical to the country's future. EU provides a trading partner for Israeli products. Every country needs a place to sell its goods. I firmly believe that this fall there will be a "Peace Deal" announced that involves the West Bank becoming a Palestinian Arab state. I further believe that giving up this territory and half of Jerusalem is a direct violation of Scripture. Such an act will bring down IMHO the wrath of God on top of all those who participate. I posted the terms of the "deal" this morning as a thread on WEDG and highlighted the fact that settlers from the WEst Bank communities on the wrong side of the "wall" will need to be removed and their settlements bulldozed. Earlier on this thread I posted info that that process involves over 60,000 people, most of them Orthodox Jews who believe strongly in God's covenant of the Land with the Jews. Whomever goes in there to remove these people will be cursed. Pray that it is not American boys returning from Iraq deployment, or Canadians who love the "peacekeeper role" wearing blue UN berets. This is very important!!! There should be NO participation in this abomination! That includes the "evangelical leaders" who recently wrote a letter to President Bush cheering him on!
                          Those who believe that Russia is MaGog don't have a lot of time. Soon it appears that the "Mountains of Israel" may become the "Mountains of Abbas". Read Ezekiel 36. "The ancient mountains have become our possession, they say...." I don't think this will actually happen. My own opinion is that the implementation of the Pally state is the hook used to drag Gog into Israel. I hope Gog speaks Russian, for our sakes...but I fear he speaks English with a Southern drawl. Sorry but that's the way I happen to see it. Let's all pray I'm wrong. But if you see US deployments to be midwife to this abomination....run really fast somewhere safe!

Comment

Just getting back from few days away to South Carolina. I found the attached in a letter forwarded to me from a friend in Israel (very sober!):

WE HAVE BEEN WARNED!
                            by Elyakim Haetzni
                            August 20th, 2007

Some day we'll recall these tranquil months of headlines devoted to road accidents and minor scandals * the headlines of a society free from existential cares -- as a fool’s paradise whose fools turned a blind eye to the erupting volcano threatening to bury us all. There was another summer like this one preceding Yom Kippur in ’73, but this time the surprise attack is being readied from within, and the calamity will be diplomatic.

I’m referring to the ritual sacrifice that the Bush administration is preparing for us this November that goes by the name of a “peace conference.” The role of the sacrificial lamb will be filled by Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, hundreds of Jewish communities, and hundreds of thousands of Jews that will become refugees in their own land * all this on the backdrop of national, societal, and diplomatic collapse.

The kindling and the fire for the sacrifice will be brought by Shimon Peres and his perpetual partner in crime, Terje Larsen. Serving them are Haim Ramon, Ehud Olmert, and Abu Mazen. Spurring them on are two evil and ambitious women who, like the most destructive tornadoes, are called by cute nicknames: Tzippi and Condi. On the tombstone the gravediggers will engrave the words “The Diplomatic Horizon” (for the Palestinians) and/or “Principles for the Final Status Agreement” and/or “Framework Agreement for the Establishment of a Palestinian State.” The conference will deal with “core issues”, that is to say it will uproot the core and the heart of our hold on our land: Jerusalem, borders, refugees, destruction of the settlements.

Discussions on these matters are being held continually and urgently to the end of bringing the sacrificial lamb to Washington on time, already bound and readied for slaughter. There are those who are working to ensure that the sacrificial feast will be well attended -- from Morocco in the West to the Gulf States in the East. Israel’s enemies have waited 40 years for this moment when Israel will be forced to regurgitate all that she swallowed during the Six Day War. Their eyes will finally merit to see the ceremony of subjugation whereby the Jews will return to the Arabs their lost honor and resume their proper places. To our enemies’ good fortune, manning the helm of Israel’s ship of state is a man supremely appropriate to the task of self-administering this coup de grace to the Jews -- a man dogged by failures and accusations of corruption, whose personal attributes embody all that is weak, rotten, spoilt, and foundering among the Jews in their land at this hour . . .

At this “peace” conference, the enemies of Israel from the East and from the West will dictate the decree that Olmert and his friends are writing now in absolute secret together with the Americans and the Arabs while the Israeli public, including the national camp and the settlers, twiddle their thumbs. It’s comforting to tell ourselves soothing tales such as how Olmert is weak and Abu Mazen is even weaker, and that both of them lack the standing and support among their people to undertake such far-reaching diplomatic initiatives. There are no lack of such rationalizing yarns. Whoever calms themselves in this way doesn't understand the nature and quality of the liquidation ceremony that’s being prepared for us.

This ceremony doesn't require any strength, in fact it doesn't require anything at all except for a declaratory statement, ink on paper, the most feeble exhalation of breath, an effort that even a dying man could make without difficulty. However, a declaration like this is enough to bring about, in the words of Shimon Peres, “the concluding chapter of the conflict with the Palestinians,” and, in actual truth, the concluding chapter of Israel’s independence. After this, Israel will be a state in name only. In reality Israel will become a protectorate of the United Nations, whose foreign policy and security are given into the hands of the Quartet, and whose security, that is to say our lives, are entrusted to international forces in the North, center, and South of the country.

At the sacrificial peace conference in Washington, Israel will likely obligate itself to establish a Palestinian state on its ancestral inheritance. The capitol of the new state will be Jerusalem, and not even one Jew will be allowed to live within its boundaries.

It doesn't matter that the conference will not determine on which street in Jerusalem and over which hill or through which valley the border will pass. It is of no significance that the conference won't decide how many Arab “refugees” we'll be forced to swallow. What will be determined, irrevocably and eternally, this coming year or next year at the latest, is Palestinian sovereignty as a diplomatic, international, fact * with finality. The rest truly isn't important. So too when they signed the Oslo Accords with only the “Declaration of Principles.” In its wake, as thunder follows lightning, we were hit by the “interim agreement” with all its details that demanded actualization: areas A, B, and C, the Palestinian “police”, inserting a terror state infrastructure from Tunis into our borders, and all the rest of the insane arrangements that buried 1,500 Jews in their land and prepared the state for its final act of self-immolation in the guise of a Palestinian state that will turn life in this land into a living hell -- an irrevocable living hell.

It’s not important that the governmental apparatuses of the Palestinian state will be weak or even non-existent. It doesn't matter whether a prime minister or the head of some terrorist faction will rule. It’s not important if this state has no economy and will live on the handouts that Israel, the Europeans, and the Americans pay to the gangsters as protection money for a modicum of quiet. The world contains a number of such non-functional states. Somalia, for example, is ruled by gangs of tribal thieves and thugs, but that doesn't in the least detract from Somalian sovereignty and from the land remaining the land of Somalia according to international law.

Herzl had a vision of a Jewish state arising with international legal recognition. Now this vision has been turned on its head, and a foreign entity is achieving international recognition as sovereign over the Land of Israel. And who is promoting this travesty? The Jews themselves.

What is the irredeemable, eternal meaning of Palestinian sovereignty? When Israel liberated Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and Gaza in the Six Day War, she didn’t conquer land that belonged to any sovereign power. Neither Jordan in Judea and Samaria nor Egypt in Gaza had any sovereign rights in those territories. Both had invaded those territories in 1948 in order to frustrate the League of Nations decision of November 29, 1947 recognizing Israel. Egypt never claimed sovereignty over Gaza and established military rule there from the beginning. Jordan, in contravention of international law, attempted to establish sovereignty over Judea and Samaria, but renounced this aspiration on its own initiative in 1988.

Only because of this vacuum in sovereignty was Israel authorized to utilize state lands to settle Jews in Yesha or to settle the lands in any way. Had there been a legal sovereign before Israel’s takeover of those territories, the Hague Convention would have forbidden Israel from making fundamental changes to the status quo, including the utilization of state lands. International law views the conquering military administration as custodian over the occupied territories until they are returned to the original sovereign in a future peace agreement. Until then, the conquered lands are held in trust by the occupying power. In the same way, the conqueror is forbidden from excavating antiquities located in occupied territories. They too are held in trust for the conquered power that will eventually regain sovereignty. Therefore, coins from the Great Revolt or the Bar Kochba Revolt, bearing images of the Holy Temple and other Jewish symbols, will belong to the Palestinians the moment they became sovereign over Judea and Samaria; Israel will be obligated to give up all the Jewish antiquities that she’s excavated since ’67. All this we will bring upon ourselves the moment a Jewish hand signs an agreement granting Palestinian sovereignty over the Land of Israel.

For the Palestinians to win eternal sovereignty over our homeland, it doesn’t matter that Abu Mazen today happens to be weak, or if the day after signing an agreement he resumes his alliance with Hamas, or that he resigns, or is assassinated. From the moment that Palestine is declared a state, what is done can never be undone. The Palestinians, of course, will instigate terror and wars. The IDF might conquer Shechem over and over again, but will always be forced to leave and return the land to the Palestinian sovereign. This is because the land has become Palestinian land according to international law from the moment that Palestinian sovereignty is officially recognized. Just so was Berlin conquered and destroyed and divided, but in the end returned to Germany as its capitol. Just so the Nazis came and went, but Germany remained.

I've already described how this scenario is viewed under international law. The giants in the field, professors Stone, Rostow, and Schwabel, have proven how the provisions of the Mandate for Palestine, granted by the League of Nations to Britain over the Land of Israel, are in force in Judea, Samaria, and Gaza until this day. According to the Mandate, the area of the Land of Israel is allocated under international law as the national homeland of the Jewish nation ‘in recognition of the historic right of the Jewish people to reestablish their national home in Palestine’ (including, of course, Judea, Samaria, and Gaza). Why are the provisions of the Mandate in force to this day despite the fact that the League of Nations has passed from the world and been replaced by the United Nations, and despite the fact that England is no longer here? The professors have explained that although a part of the lands of the Mandate have become the internationally recognized State of Israel and although another part of the lands of the Mandate east of the Jordan River have become the internationally recognized State of Jordan, a third part of the Mandate lands, that include Judea, Samaria, Gaza, and East Jerusalem, were left without a recognized sovereign. As long as international law doesn’t officially recognize any other sovereignty, they'll continue to be governed by the provisions of the Mandate, which states, inter alia, that state lands are to be used for intensive Jewish settlement, to encourage aliyah, and names the Jewish Agency as a tool to serve those ends.

When will these Mandate provisions cease to apply? When another sovereign will be declared over Judea, Samaria, Gaza, and Jerusalem. In the first stage, Israel abdicated her right to declare her sovereignty over Judea, Samaria, and Gaza, and left those lands undefined and ownerless. Now she is moving to the next stage, the stage of the historic terminus of Jewish rights over the Land of Israel, the stage of voluntary relinquishment of sovereignty and of transferring her rights to an alien power. In all the years of our exile and persecution, there was not found among the Jewish people any authority willing to sever the people from its beloved land. We had to return and persevere here for 120 years, undergoing difficult and bitter trials, in order to establish a state authorized under international law to give the Land of Israel a decree of divorce in the name of the Jewish People, now and forever.

Intensifying the heartbreak is the fact that Judea, Samaria, and Gaza are the only remaining territories on the entire earth (excepting the South Pole) which remain ownerless * as if an invisible hand guarded the ancient Jewish home for the Jewish people. And now that people’s representative is pushing away this hand in an act of historic betrayal that will resound throughout the generations. Now the more we ground and strengthen our claim that we’re the real and legal owners of Judea, Samaria, Gaza, and Jerusalem, the more we’ll ground and strengthen the newly acquired right of the Palestinians to those lands. After all, who is most authorized to gift and grant ownership over land if not the rightful owner? He and only he can legally effectuate the transfer!

When this despicable act will be final, all else will flow from it. Whether the Israeli army drags the Jews out by their hair from their homes on land that has become “Palestine,” or whether it will be left to the Palestinian murderers in uniform to do the job by themselves, from the moment land comes under Palestinian sovereignty, that will be the end of all Jewish life there.

One can almost hear the destroyers talking, from Ramon to Livni and from Olmert to Peres: Soon the Palestinians will come and sweep away everything with a giant broom, the legal and established cities together with the “illegal” outposts and hilltops. Nothing will remain of the hated settlement enterprise, and together with its disappearance will come the collapse of those that bore it, the religious and national camps that endanger leftist rule. Our rulers are an elite that sprouted from what used to be called “the rule of the proletariat”, in whose name they meant to appropriate the state in perpetuity. While the Socialist rationalizations have passed from the world and the elites represent no one but themselves, the socialist heirs still intend to rule in perpetuity.

I don't bother to ask, “Where is Netanyahu?” or “Where is the Likud and its Knesset members?” at this fateful hour. Neither am I asking where Lieberman is or what Rav Ovadia and his party are doing. I'm asking the settlers whose lands will be the first the Palestinian bulldozer overturns: “Where are you?!” “Going up to Homesh”? The return to Homesh isn't taking place in a void. Homesh is not suspended in thin air. This enterprise only makes sense and has purpose as part of a struggle for our continued existence in Judea, Samaria, Gaza, and Jerusalem that is now in immediate danger of destruction.

We need to gather all the Jews * all those who remain Jews * while there’s still time and embark on a struggle to the bitter end in order to prevent at any price taking the one step from which there’s no return, the one additional step that will pull the ground from under us and fling us into the abyss of Palestinian sovereignty.

Remember, we've been warned!

Elyakim HaEtzni

Comment

All this brings tears to my eyes.......I really fear what may happen prior to this November meeting...and by that I mean I have a righteous kind of fear of the LORD...for those wanting to part the land...and what He may choose to allow. I posted a week or so ago an article I came across about Bush's about to be about turn with Arafat the week after 9/11 happened...9/11 interrupted Bush's change of direction

I truly do believe everyone has been warned just as the author above states

HSB it might be a good post for the other sticky thread too.........on division of the land

Comment

What do y'all think? Is there enough news stuff on the dividing of the land that I should take HSB's post from below and create a new pinned thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X