Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel VS Hizbullah Part VI (Merged Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Israel VS Hizbullah Part VI (Merged Threads)

I hate how the reporting of this has been played out. I am constantly having to tell people why Israel is doing what they are doing and they just don't see it. They think if Israel would just stop and IF they would have "kept their word on the 48 hour ceasefire" there would be peace! I believe we are clearly seeing the blindness and the "lie" Jesus said would be sent. Those that are not believers just don't "get it" and even many "churched" do not see this for what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
      I hate how the reporting of this has been played out. I am constantly having to tell people why Israel is doing what they are doing and they just don't see it. They think if Israel would just stop and IF they would have "kept their word on the 48 hour ceasefire" there would be peace! I believe we are clearly seeing the blindness and the "lie" Jesus said would be sent. Those that are not believers just don't "get it" and even many "churched" do not see this for what it is?
      I agree it is very frustrating -

...but the very fact that the world continues to view it that way - blaming Israel at every turn, and basically demanding that they be allowed to get on with their own lives - eat, drink and be merry, as in the days of Noe and Lot - keeps telling me that we are getting real, real close to the rapture...

Comment

• BREAKING: Israeli military resumes airstrikes on Lebanese capital,

Israeli military resumes airstrikes on Lebanese capital, saying it is aiming at Hezbollah targets in Beirut.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

Israel resume airstrikes on Beirut

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Powerful explosions shattered the early morning peace in Beirut Thursday with a clear signal that Israeli airstrikes on the city's southern suburbs -- a Hezbollah stronghold -- had recommenced after a pause of several days.

The strikes began just after 2 a.m. local time. The Israel Defense Forces confirmed it was targeting Hezbollah sites in southern Beirut.

The airstrikes followed a battle late Wednesday between Israeli forces and Hezbollah guerrillas near Aita Al-Shaab in southern Lebanon.

Also Wednesday, the Shiite militant group pounded northern Israel with a record number of rockets, killing a civilian and wounding seven others, the IDF said.

Some 215 rockets were fired across the Israeli-Lebanese border, the IDF said. It was the greatest number of rockets fired at Israel in a single day since hostilities between Israel and Hezbollah began three weeks ago.

One rocket landed in the Palestinian-controlled area of the northern West Bank, marking the southernmost point Hezbollah rockets have reached from southern Lebanon, Israeli police said.

(excerpted)

Comment

• Re: BREAKING: Israeli military resumes airstrikes on Lebanese capital,

Good form the IDF.

Comment

• Update: 200 Elite troops in Baalbek raid (returned w/ some good stuff!)

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006506,00.html

Update: 200 Elite troops in Baalbek raid (returned w/ some good stuff!)
            From correspondents in Jerusalem

August 03, 2006 12:00

A FORCE of 200 elite troops took part in Israel's spectacular raid deep inside Lebanese territory last night during which five Hezbollah suspects were nabbed.....

The helicopter raid in the town of Baalbek ...was the most northern ground attack by Israeli forces since the start of the crisis on July 12.

It also marked the fifteenth special operation carried out since the start of the war, army radio reported.

According to the report, the 200-men airborne force under the command of Colonel Nitsan Alon, former commander of the army's elite special force, was transported on several helicopters to the Baalbek outskirts.

Upon arriving, the force split into two groups.

The first went for the main objective of the operation - a Hezbollah-run hospital outside Baalbek - where they engaged in a heavy gun battle in which at least 11 people were killed before entering the hospital to snatch the five wanted men.

The second force moved into the heart of the town, where it also opened a gunbattle with Hezbollah men, backed by air force fire. Three vehicles believed to be carrying Hezbollah guerillas were hit in the battle.

The force returned home safely in just over four hours, at 11am (AEST).

The force also seized a large number of documents, computers, data disks, maps and radio communication equipment, army radio reported.
            The Hez are claiming that the 5 that were snatched in the raid are supposedly just ordinary Lebanese - and not even members of Hezbollah - that probably means they are some top guys...

Comment

• Re: Update: 200 Elite troops in Baalbek raid (returned w/ some good stuff!)

God is blessing Israel. That is good news.

Comment

Other reports indicate that many of the Commandos were armed with this gem:

Benelli M4 Super 90 / M1014

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh19-e.htm

Comment

I would love to know what is on the documents they retrieved, bet
                  the Mossad has had a busy day.

Comment

Probably memos: "Hey, those Israelis are fighting back...RUN FOR YOUR LIVES....Hide among civilians, especially women and children!!!"

Comment

This is LONG way from being over...
                      Hezbollah Unleashes Fiery Barrage

By Jonathan Finer and Edward Cody
                      Washington Post Foreign Service
                      Thursday, August 3, 2006; Page A01

KIRYAT SHEMONA, Israel, Aug. 3 -- Hezbollah shattered two days of relative calm in northern Israel on Wednesday, spraying the region with more than 230 rockets that set buildings and forests ablaze, wounded at least 33 civilians and killed a man as he rode his bicycle in front of his home.

Hezbollah's largest barrage of the war -- 80 more rockets than struck the Jewish state during any other day of the three-week-old conflict -- came as several thousand Israeli ground troops continued their sweep through southern Lebanon, clashing with Hezbollah fighters in at least 11 towns.

Comment

Benelli M4 Super 90 / M1014
                        470mm barrel. That's only 18.5 in. That's some "close work" stuff.

Issachar
                        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar
                          470mm barrel. That's only 18.5 in. That's some "close work" stuff.

Issachar
                          The report I read indicated that these were used by IDF Commandos to blow open doors in looking for those individuals that they wanted to take prisioner.

Likewise US Special Forces and some US Marine units also use a version of this shot-gun as part of their standard weapons package.

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                            ... some US Marine units also use a version of this shot-gun as part of their standard weapons package.
                            It's what I would want if I had to be in a "commando" situation. High brass pushing a 18.5mm (12 ga.) round (slug) at close range will stop just about anyone.

Issachar
                            The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

• Hezbollah threatens to strike Tel Aviv

hey, terrorist dude, you asked for this war...

--------------------------------------------------

Hezbollah threatens to strike Tel Aviv

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

BEIRUT, Lebanon (CNN) -- Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Thursday vowed to strike Tel Aviv in retaliation for Israel's bombardment of the Lebanese capital, Beirut.

"If you hit Beirut, the Islamic resistance will hit Tel Aviv and is able to do that with God's help," Nasrallah said in a televised address.

It was unclear if Nasrallah's address was live or taped. It came on the day that Israel resumed airstrikes on Beirut's suburbs and shortly after Israel dropped leaflets warning residents of some areas of Beirut to evacuate.

But Nasrallah offered an olive branch, saying Hezbollah would stop rocket attacks on Israel if Israel stops its attacks in Lebanon.

"You attack our cities, our villages, our civilians, our capital, we will react," he said. "At any time you decide to stop your aggressions on our villages and towns and cities and our civilians, we will not hit any settlement or any Israeli city."

(excerpted)

Comment

• Re: Hezbollah threatens to strike Tel Aviv

I'm sorry, but this terrorist smirking chimp needs to go the way of Sheik Yassin ...

Comment

Working...
                                X