• Show
Clear All

• Israel VS Syria Part II

Opening a new thread.

Re: Israel VS Syria Part II

Good opening post for this thread...

http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/arti...rticleID=13165

excerpt:
    Debka reports that they found data indicating that Russia helped persuade Syrian President Bashir Assad to accept the placement of Iranian missiles on their soil by hinting that “it is part of their own deepening strategic plans Syria.

What is most important is that all this is setting up Ezekiel’s 2600-year-old prophecy in Ezekiel chapter 38. Persia, or modern Iran, is listed a chief among the Muslim nations Russia will lead into an all-out assault against Israel. This is predicted to be the first battle of the war of Armageddon.

The one nation that does not seem to be listed is Syria. I believe this is because as a result of actions it is now taking against Israel, Isaiah’s prophecy about Damascus in the last days is going to be soon fulfilled.

Seven hundred and fifty years ago, Isaiah warned, “An oracle concerning Damascus: "See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins … In that day the glory of Jacob will fade; the fat of his body will waste away.” (Isaiah 17:1, 4 NIV)

To establish the time of this event, look at these factors. First, Damascus is one of the oldest continuously populated cities on earth. It has never been totally destroyed – yet. Second, it is in a context of events that lead up to the catastrophes that precede the Lord Jesus’ Second Coming. Third, it is far enough away from that event that Jacob (Israel) is enduring terrible circumstances. Fourth, Syria and the tribal name of its forefathers are not mentioned in the Russian led Muslim Confederacy that launches Armageddon in the middle of the Tribulation.

All of this leads me to believe that Damascus will be destroyed before the Tribulation begins. I believe that Damascus is about to so threaten Israel’s existence by either launching or furnishing bio-chemical weapons or radioactive dirty bombs, that Israel will nuke them. Israel has sworn that it will implement the Samson-Option against any nation that attacks them with any form of weapons of mass destruction. That means a thermonuclear strike. This may soon happen to Syria.

This in turn will so terrify the world, that it will be ripe to embrace the antichrist when he is unveiled. And that could be very, very soon.

Thank God that you have received the gift of pardon that Jesus purchased by dying in your place under the judgment for your sins. You will be miraculously snatched up to heaven to meet Him before the antichrist is revealed.

But if you haven’t received this free gift of pardon and accepted Jesus into your life, now is the time. Don’t put it off. It is like playing Russian roulette with eternity. Pray right now and receive your forgiveness. Ask Jesus Christ to come into your life and make it what He wants it to be. He will give you new desires, new joy and purpose for living. Do it now.
    If you haven’t.

Comment

Any idea what is meant by the glory of Jacob fading?

Seven hundred and fifty years ago, Isaiah warned, “An oracle concerning Damascus: "See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins … In that day the glory of Jacob will fade; the fat of his body will waste away.” (Isaiah 17:1, 4 NIV)

As a side note, I think it's possible that Syria, since it's not mentioned as coming against Israel, could for whatever reason be at peace with her at that time. I say that because Mathew Henry has the destruction of Damascus as already occuring. There may be another one coming, but according to some, it's already taken place.

Thought I'd throw that into the mix.
      A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
      A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

I was looking at the commentaries on blb.org for this verse and they say the same thing you do.

One (Guzik) also says that the nation(s) that attack Syria/Israel will in turn be punished.
        http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_d...1291-9023.html

The prophecy these commentators see as being fulfilled was due to Ephraim(Israel) being in league with Syria against Judah.

Also, the "glory of Jacob fading" was described the number, that is as the sand of the sea will be decimated, a remnant left and the "fat of his body waste" is pride. All the work that Israel has done to rebuild as a nation will come to nothing as they have forgotten their God.

Prophecy gets tough in this way, it is hard to tell what is fulfilled, partially fulfilled, will has a dual reference?

I pray that the Lord takes us out of here soon, the more things unfold the more confused I get...

Comment

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_d...11335-973.html

Here is an audio with J Vernon McGee on Is. 17

Comment

07:11 Rice says ceasefire between Lebanon-Israel is urgent (Reuters)

06:17 En route to Mideast, Rice indicates openness to work with Syria to resolve crisis (AP)

Tom...your thoughts on where this may be leading?

Comment

Have I just entered the twilight zone???

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...1-ArticlePage4

Reluctant Bush may need Syria to end Lebanon war
              Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:35am ET

By Alistair Lyon, Special Correspondent

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Analysis - President Bush may have to set aside his hostility to Syria if he wants its help in ending the war between Israel and Hizbollah in Lebanon.

Syria has offered to play a constructive role, but there is no sign the Bush administration is ready to turn to a country it accuses of sponsoring terrorism and helping insurgents in Iraq -- or to pay the price the Syrians would try to extract.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice starts a mission to the region on Sunday, but will not talk directly to key players such as Syria, let alone Hizbollah or its founding patron Iran.

Bush again criticized Damascus and Tehran on the eve of her trip, saying their actions "threaten the entire Middle East".

The United States, willing for now to let Israel keep up its assault in Lebanon, says no ceasefire will last unless it is part of overall arrangements that will prevent Hizbollah from menacing Israel with rockets and cross-border attacks.

But unless the Israeli army can crush Hizbollah -- a goal that has eluded it in nearly two weeks of bombing -- it is hard to imagine how outside powers can negotiate a complex deal to change the status quo in south Lebanon without Syria's consent.

Any such initiative would also have to take account of the Shi'ite Islamist group's sponsors in Iran, whose nuclear dispute with the West might not incline it toward cooperation.

For now, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad can bide his time, hoping for Washington to seek his help and reasonably confident that Israel will not expand its Lebanon war to Syrian soil.

more at link....

Comment

As a side note, I think it's possible that Syria, since it's not mentioned as coming against Israel, could for whatever reason be at peace with her at that time. I say that because Mathew Henry has the destruction of Damascus as already occuring. There may be another one coming, but according to some, it's already taken place.

However it "returned" and was quickly rebuilt in a slightly different location.

As Dr McGee repeatedly points out there are often two fulfilments to OT prophecies - one that is only "partial" and occurs in OT times, and a second "complete" one in later end-times.

Also note that while it says "Damascus" this term in translation is not "limiting" to the physical boundries of the city itself, and historically can be interperted as applying to essentially all of Syria.

Likewise the verses tend to imply destruction occuring in a manner such that the affected area remains unhabitable for generations - as would be the case in terms or a radioactive nuclear strike.

Comment

I understand that Syria will only be open to negotiations if they're assured they'll gain control of the Golan Heights again.

I say "Good LucK!"
                  A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
                  A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Originally posted by gail
                    I understand that Syria will only be open to negotiations if they're assured they'll gain control of the Golan Heights again.

I say "Good LucK!"
                    I heard that also -

....and IMO that type of position by Syria - and well as the continuing actions of Hezbollah - will, at least in the short-run, accrue to Israel's benefit in terms of giving them more time to keep pounding away at the terrorists before the world is able to orchestrate some sort of meaningless "cease-fire"...

Comment

Last update - 14:32 25/07/2006

Israeli Military Intelligence Chief: Syrian army now at its highest state of alert

By Gideon Alon, Haaretz Correspondent

Syria has placed its military at its highest state of alert in recent years, Israel Defense Forces Intelligence Chief Major General Amos Yadlin told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee on Tuesday. Syrian forces do remain, however, on a defensive rather than offensive alert.

Yadlin emphasized that "neither Syria nor Israel are interested in a military clash but the situation is explosive and the events may potentially be incorrectly interpreted. This could entangle Syria up in a battle against us."

Hezbollah is interested in opening another front for Israel with Syria, Yadlin said. Hezbollah gunners are firing at the Golan Heights in an effort to embroil Syria in the fighting.
                      http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/742628.html

Comment

Fox News was reporting a little bit ago that it appears that Israel is
                        getting ready to move into eastern Lebanon and open up a 2nd front
                        aganist the Hizbullies. Syria has threatend to enter the war if Israelis
                        forces were near there border, if the report is correct Israel may be
                        calling there bluff.

Comment

Moscow asks Damascus to limit response if attacked

Moscow has asked Syria not to use Russian missiles to retaliate if attacked by Israel, diplomats said yesterday.

Deputy Russian Foreign Minister Alexander Saltanov delivered the message to senior Syrian officials in Damascus last week, as the risk of Israel's Lebanese offensive expanding into a regional war rose, the diplomats said.

"Saltanov told them Syria can use Russian anti-aircraft missiles to thwart Israeli air attacks, but that Russia objected to using Russian Scuds to retaliate," one diplomat, who did not want to be identified, said.

"The Russians don't want their missiles to hit Israeli cities. Syria, however, has more advanced North Korean missiles," another diplomat said.

http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Lebanon/10055169.html

Comment

The Russians are so kind, they want let the missiles the built be used
                            aganist Israel but it is ok to use Iranian or North Korean missiles built
                            with Russian technology and parts. The statement from the Russians
                            sounds like they feel like Syria is fixing to be entering the war. If I were
                            the Russian ambassador in Damascus, now would be the time for that
                            summer holiday back home.

Comment

I know that only our Lord knows for certain, but do you guys think it is very likely for Syria to enter into this? I'm thinking that it is sure sounding like it. It is getting very weird on this planet. I KNOW we could all be outta here at any time, but seeing what is going on makes it more real ....... wow ....

Issachar
                              The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Working...
                              X