This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Israel VS Syria Part II

07:14 IDF denies air force strikes in eastern Syria (Israel Radio)
    if the enemy is claiming that they did strike, it only brings out the desperation of the enemy to draw Syria into this war.

Comment

20:39 IDF: Syrian-made bomb explodes on army patrol road in Golan Heights (Reuters)

20:30 Egypt`s Mubarak warns entire Mideast peace process could collapse (Reuters)

Comment

Drone Strikes Terrorist Vehicle Near Syrian Border
        23:26 Jul 31, '06 / 6 Av 5766

(IsraelNN.com) Agencies reported earlier on Monday night that an IDF drone pilotless craft struck a vehicle carrying military hardware near the Syrian border. No additional information is available.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=108864

To save space from now on I will refer to Syria and Iran collectively as as "Syrana" - i.e. since they are both equally responsible for arming and supporting Hezbollah

Comment

CNN just had a "Breaking News"...Assad just told his army to raise their readiness in a radio address....developing story.

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
            CNN just had a "Breaking News"...Assad just told his army to raise their readiness in a radio address....developing story.
            http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...284437,00.html
            Assad: We won't be deterred from helping Lebanon

In statement issued on 61st anniversary of establishment of Syrian army Assad says Damascus won't be deterred from helping Lebanon; military put on high alert
            Roee Nahmias
            Syrian President Bashar Assad put the Syrian army on high alert in anticipation of any developments. In a statement issued to mark the army's 61st anniversary Assad said Syria will not be deterred from helping Lebanon.

"The occupying enemy hasn't forgotten the humiliating defeat and its submissive exit from south Lebanon under the strikes bold resistance," the statement read.
            Seems to be more of a bluster speach on a special military day than some new breaking development ..... but of course CNN would rather it be otherwise....

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
              Seems to be more of a bluster speach on a special military day than some new breaking development ..... but of course CNN would rather it be otherwise....
              I would bet you are right, probably a pep talk to the masses, unless
              he is starting to get some pressure from the radicals, news out of
              Syria is a bit limited and I am not sure how strong the radical islamic
              faction is.

Comment

I don't know....Bush gave a warning it seems today, Olmert ok'd a wider operation, close calls regarding Israeli strikes along the Syrian border...I think the world is being prepped for the inevitable.

Comment

15,000 Reservists for Israel have just been called up and activated after a wider operation was approved. CNN reporting from a Reuters statement.

Comment

Reuters has pulled their article on the Syria Raises Readiness, the caption is still there, but to click for full story it says that the story is not available now. I think posturing has been going on all day with US, Israel and France, Sryia...

Comment

15,000 Reservists for Israel have just been called up and activated after a wider operation was approved. CNN reporting from a Reuters statement.
                      They were actually alerted a week ago and only the officers were called up for planning purposes - at the time the Israeli's claimed it was just a precaution in case Syria started acting hinkey -

Could be that Israel is just expanding the fight in Lebanon as the IDF generals have been pleading for - or perhaps they have intel telling them that Syria is planing to join the battle...

Comment

Reuters has pulled their article on the Syria Raises Readiness, the caption is still there, but to click for full story it says that the story is not available now. I think posturing has been going on all day with US, Israel and France, Sryia...

Assad calls on army to increase readiness to cope with 'regional challenges'

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/wo...08f3b4&k=31244

Comment

Why am I not surprised at this? It seems to me that this is the next move in what has to be a scenario that was planned before this war began, mho.

Comment

Glorify...I think the deck has been stacked too and I believe what we are seeing now is like "chicken"...if neither side swerves then the bombs are going to fall. Since this started Bush, Condie and Olmert have said that no peace deal is worth anything unless it is "real peace" not just taking the news off the TV screens. Bush and Israel know that that "peace" cannot be achieved until Syria and Iran are dealt with. They will either fall in line like Lybia did or be neutralized. Now....who will swerve or will anyone? So many ways this can play out.

Comment

Can Israel handle yet another battle-front??

IDF prepared for attack by Syria
                              http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

While Israel is not interested in opening a front against Syria, the IDF will respond harshly and with its full might if President Bashar Assad decides to attack Israel, a high-raking IDF officer in the Northern Command told The Jerusalem Post Sunday.

"We are continuing with our message that we are not interested in fighting with Syria," the officer said, "But we are fully prepared for a Syrian attack, in the case of which we will strike back extremely hard."

The officer said he believed Damascus had been receiving the clear message Israel had been sending its way that it did not want to fight Syria. Whatever happened on the border completely depended on Assad, the officer said.

"It is up to him, and at the moment we don't know what he plans to do," he said.

He added that Saturday's IAF attack on a road that led from Syria into Lebanon near the Syrian border was meant to thwart weapons smuggling attempts.

The IDF was also concerned about a possible Syrian attack in response to the ongoing IDF operations in Lebanon. It was also known that Syria had increased its alert out of fear in Damascus that Israel might attack.

Defense officials told the Post last week that they were receiving indications from the US that America would be interested in seeing Israel attack Syria.

Comment

My guess is that they would prefer not to engage Syria at the moment,
                                but if they have to they should be able to handle it. I would think there
                                air force would be able to a great share of the work, I don't think I would
                                want to be near Damascus if it starts.

Comment

Working...
                                X