Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel VS Hizbullah Part V (Merged Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel VS Hizbullah Part V (Merged Threads)

We're going to end up with a whole page full of "pinned" threads if this keeps up!

BTW, the criteria I use to start a new thread/close the old is 150 posts in the one I close. I figure that's large enough.

Re: Israel VS Hez-Bullies Part V

Thousands of soldiers head to border

Harsh fighting on Lebanon border, ongoing rocket fire lead to decision to significantly boost forces in north. Two more divisions to deploy along border; thousands of soldier to arrive at area, most of them reservists. IAF strikes about 20 targets in Lebanon Valley. Peretz: We have not plan to occupy Lebanon
    Hanan Greenberg

IDF boosts forces on northern border with thousands of soldiers over weekend. In addition to the Galilee division which has deployed in the area, another two divisions will deploy along the border and will be given missions.

Thousands of soldiers, most of them reservists, are also expected to arrive in the area, thus bringing the Israel Defense Forces' deployment in the north to a record of between three to four divisions (in terms of order of battle.)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...279415,00.html

3 or 4 divisions would be about 60,000 soldiers. Each division would consist of about 15,000 troops. These 4 divisions would probably include 3 infantry divisions and 1 tank division.

Comment

Re: Israel VS Hez-Bullies Part V

Originally posted by RickA
      Thousands of soldiers head to border

Harsh fighting on Lebanon border, ongoing rocket fire lead to decision to significantly boost forces in north. Two more divisions to deploy along border; thousands of soldier to arrive at area, most of them reservists. IAF strikes about 20 targets in Lebanon Valley. Peretz: We have not plan to occupy Lebanon
      Hanan Greenberg

IDF boosts forces on northern border with thousands of soldiers over weekend. In addition to the Galilee division which has deployed in the area, another two divisions will deploy along the border and will be given missions.

Thousands of soldiers, most of them reservists, are also expected to arrive in the area, thus bringing the Israel Defense Forces' deployment in the north to a record of between three to four divisions (in terms of order of battle.)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...279415,00.html

3 or 4 divisions would be about 60,000 soldiers. Each division would consist of about 15,000 troops. These 4 divisions would probably include 3 infantry divisions and 1 tank divsion.
      WOW! The mighty Israeli Military!

Comment

Re: Israel VS Hiz-Bull-oney Part V

IDF chief rabbi okays operations, training on Shabbat

IDF Chief Rabbi Brigadier General Yisrael Weiss approved for IDF soldiers could carry out a series of operations and train during the Sabbath, due to extenuating circumstances.

Rabbi Weiss told Ynet: “We approved all activities, which have operational significance, even if they require breaking the Sabbath.” (Hanan Greenberg)
        http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...279448,00.html

Comment

I decided to play with the name a little - helps set the thread apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy

I like it! I like it!!

Comment

Just a suggestion Andy, but how about removing the older locked sticky's?, it would clean the page up a bit. Like you said, you're going to end up having a page full of sticky's.

Comment

Originally posted by Irvine
                Just a suggestion Andy, but how about removing the older locked sticky's?, it would clean the page up a bit. Like you said, you're going to end up having a page full of sticky's.
                That thought crossed my mind but I want new visitors to have the chance to read what has led up to where we are today. What I decided today is I'm going to start keeping track of the "views" on the older pinned threads and if I see they're not being viewed anymore, I'll un-pin them.

Comment

Hardened Hizbollah ready for Israel invasion

By Dean Yates - Analysis

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Hizbollah ambushes that have killed six Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon suggest the army, which appears poised for a massive ground invasion, will face a bloody fight driving the militia back from the frontier.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...le_east_crisis

Comment

Israel massing troops on Lebanese border

By SAM F. GHATTAS, Associated Press Writer
                    15 minutes ago

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060721/...lebanon_israel

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Israel massed tanks and troops on the border Friday and warned civilians to flee Hezbollah-controlled southern Lebanon as it prepared for a likely ground invasion to set up a deep buffer zone. Israel's army chief of staff said the army will conduct limited ground operations in Lebanon, if necessary

Comment

Hilarious title bro!!

Originally posted by Andy

Comment

Lord be with Israel. Give them Your wisdom, strength, encouragement, endurance, power, and Your miracles, etc etc.

Originally posted by Julian4JC
                        Hardened Hizbollah ready for Israel invasion

By Dean Yates - Analysis

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Hizbollah ambushes that have killed six Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon suggest the army, which appears poised for a massive ground invasion, will face a bloody fight driving the militia back from the frontier.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...le_east_crisis

Comment

Amen to that prayer, Sister Faith. BTW, Andy, I love the title!

Comment

I've been away the entire day ........ watching Nightline now.

Lord be with Israel. Give them Your wisdom, strength, encouragement, endurance, power, and Your miracles, etc etc.
                            AMEN

I have been wondering all day, not knowing what new developments were happening, why, since Israel is fighting a major terrorist organization, they are going it alone?! Isn't there a "war on terror" going on? True the US is supplying Israel with weaponry, spare parts and presumably satellite/intel/info, but ........ didn't the US want actual troops from other countries in it's "global war on terrorism" in both Afghanistan and Iraq? There was a LOT of terrorism in the world prior to 9/11. Where was the "war on terror" then?

I'm not really coming against anyone or anything .... it's just that even though I don't know even one Israeli over in Israel, I feel like "friends" are being attacked over there and even though they are putting up a valiant fight, couldn't they use a bit of help? Is there really a "global war on terrorism" or is that only when the US is directly attacked?

Issachar
                            The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

It says "Oh, so you have come for the spoils"....like they didn't know it already....could be the countries sitting on the sidelines pretending not to become involved....to help Israel. PRAY PRAY PRAY--is what WE CAN do !!

Comment

Working...
                              X