Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel VS Hizbullah Part V (Merged Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Israel VS Hiz-Bull-oney Part V

Originally posted by Andy
    While this may be a sad fact keep in mind, too, that Israel is not the victim here. They WANT this "roadmap to peace". Their secular government rejects everything the bible says for their land and instead they go to "Egypt" for their help. This is their choice. Were they truly faithful to God they wouldn't care what the rest of the world thinks or tries to pressure them into - they would stand alone with God and easily defeat anyone that attempted to foil their plans.

I think we tend to forget all too often that the current PEOPLE of Israel are not blessed - not yet. They are still under the curse of an unbelieving generation. Now, once God has put them through the fires of discipline/judgment and a remnant comes to Him, that's a different story. But until then we can expect people like Olmert to keep looking to the world for their answers.
    Andy - good thoughts and well-stated IMO....

Zec 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It [is] my people: and they shall say, The LORD [is] my God.

Comment

IDF: Control of Bint Jbeil to provide security

In a press conference Tuesday evening, Brig. Gen. Gal Hirsch, commander of the IDF's Galilee division, said "We have achieved full control over Bint Jbeil and, as such, many residents of northern Israel will now be protected from low-trajectory fire, and soon, from high-trajectory fire as well. We are working toward this end. Terrorists who fight us will be hurt

According to Hirsch, forces operating in the area, and in areas such as Kfar Aitroun, destroyed many of Hizbullah's operations rooms, intelligence collection centers and news stations.

As a result, a number of the operatives are fleeing.
      http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...281356,00.html

Comment

Andy, thanks for a thoughtful, and imho truthful, post. I confess to being tired of hearing that Pres. Bush somehow forced the Israeli's to accept this "road map" to peace. The truth is that they are a sovreign government and have chosen this path for themselves. As you point out so correctly, they are a largely non-religious society more devoted to secular humanism (as a rule) than to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That, in itself, has consequences for them.

Comment

If you listen to the broadcast at the link...Is this the last war? There are "religious" Jews in Israel praying and not agreeing with Olmert. We need to pray for them. Just like our country...we have a President that wants to divide Jerusalem, give away God's land...the "church" is here, yet God has given warning after warning to the US not to touch His land and "our secular government" doesn't listen either. What will happen that both Israel AND the US fall on their knees and acknowlege it will be God's will not man's will, that will be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
            If you listen to the broadcast at the link...Is this the last war? There are "religious" Jews in Israel praying and not agreeing with Olmert. We need to pray for them. Just like our country...we have a President that wants to divide Jerusalem, give away God's land...the "church" is here, yet God has given warning after warning to the US not to touch His land and "our secular government" doesn't listen either. What will happen that both Israel AND the US fall on their knees and acknowlege it will be God's will not man's will, that will be done.
            Indeed we all pray for Israel and God's will for them (and America) however the figures I have seen suggest that Messianic Jews in Israel number around only 10,000 and that any increases are due to immigration waves moreso than to conversion.

Ultra Orthodox (what they call "Haredim") and Masorti Jews in Israel - i.e. that are looking for a Messiah, also make up only a tiny percentage of the population...

Thus a good 85%+ of the Jews in Israel are non-observant or only give a passing nod to their hertiage in Gods eyes....

Just curious - when you say that God has given the US "warning after warning" to what do you refer....?

And also given what the Bible has to say about the end times - e.g. as in the days of Noe / Lot - overtaken as a thief in the night etc, do you really expect that our "secular government" or even most American churches will actually wake up to the facts prior to the rapture occuring??

Sadly - but personally I don't....

Will every gentile soul that God has known from eternity past accept Jesus as Lord prior to the rapture do so - indeed they will....

Nor does any of this situation cause me to sit back and twiddle my thumbs - but still I don't see where there will be any sort of huge global awaking or revival sweeping across the world before the rapture (JMHO) - if we had to be building an ark like Noe, 99% of the world would be laughing at us - right up til the very end.

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
              Ultra Orthodox (what they call "Haredim") and Masorti Jews in Israel - i.e. that are looking for a Messiah, also make up only a tiny percentage of the population...
              And the Ultra Orthodox that are looking for their Messiah reject Yeshua as that Messiah - a damning mistake.

Comment

And the Ultra Orthodox that are looking for their Messiah reject Yeshua as that Messiah - a damning mistake.
                Agreed - but it seems that at the moment God chooses many will have their eyes opened to that error:

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                  Agreed - but it seems that at the moment God chooses many will have their eyes opened to that error:
                  True - makes you wonder if the 1/3 that are not killed will be "Ultra Orthodox" that will know of Daniel's prophecy. However, if they are rejecting Jesus at that point how will they know to run for the hills (Matt 24)?

Hmm - sounds like a good topic for discussion.

Comment

True - makes you wonder if the 1/3 that are not killed will be "Ultra Orthodox" that will know of Daniel's prophecy. However, if they are rejecting Jesus at that point how will they know to run for the hills (Matt 24)?

Hmm - sounds like a good topic for discussion.
                    One theory I have seen put forward which makes sense to me is that after the Jews witness the rapture (and for all pratical purposes the loss of their only two allies in the form of the US military might - and the loss of the evangelical groups that they know today love Israel) ....that many of the rabbis will actually revisit the Scriptures in detail including a study of the New Testament - and will thus come to a clear realization.

And let us not forget the efforts of the two witnesses in Jerusalem, the 144,000 sealed Jews, and angels flying thru the air with dire warnings....

Comment

• Israeli forces resume strikes on Beirut

bummer, dude...you asked for it...learned your lesson, yet?

------------------------------------------

Israeli forces resume strikes on Beirut

Hezbollah official says group didn’t expect such a response from Israel

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14021722/

NABATIYEH, Lebanon - As Israeli troops sealed off a Hezbollah stronghold and Beirut was pounded by new air strikes, a senior Hezbollah official said Tuesday the guerrilla group did not expect Israel to react so strongly to its capture of two Israeli soldiers last month.
                      Mahmoud Komati, the deputy chief of the Hezbollah politburo, also told The Associated Press that his group will not lay down arms.

"The truth is — let me say this clearly — we didn't even expect (this) response.... that (Israel) would exploit this operation for this big war against us," said Komati.

(excerpted)

Comment

• Re: Israeli forces resume strikes on Beirut

Eli Dassa / AP
                        An explosion follows a rocket attack on the Israeli city of Haifa on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by N1095A
                          [B]

"The truth is — let me say this clearly — we didn't even expect (this) response.... that (Israel) would exploit this operation for this big war against us," said Komati.

(excerpted)

Of course while they whine about the supposed over-reaction of Israel to the kidnapping of two IDF, the terrorists never mention the incessant rocket attacks.

Comment

"The truth is — let me say this clearly — we didn't even expect (this) response:
                            TRANSLATION: "Hezbollah can dish it out, but they can't take it"

Welcome to the war you kept asking for boys. Peace you have not learned.

Comment

I think I have a problem making my statements clear?

Tom...I realize that the "religious" Jews in Israel are the minority and I keep praying for God to open the eyes of Israel...which I understand will not be until the church is gone. I have heard too, that the "rapture" may be exactly what causes "jealousy" in them and turns them back to God and the scriptures. That is why I believe too, that the letters to the 7 churches has some message in there for Israel that they will understand after the rapture and why Revelation is in some ways confusing to the church, as the picture of judgements are types of offerrings that were preformed in temple times.

One thing on that link I posted...I didn't realize you had to convert to Judiasm to immigrate to Israel. Listening to him talk, it reminded me of the pharasees and saducees...because clearly, it is not a "true conversion" even to Judiasm as they do not look to God, yet. They worship me with their lips but their hearts are far from me. Also, the "council" that authorizes who is and who is not truly converted, is closing the door to conversions, saying that they are now limiting the number of conversions and who will be authorized to do conversions...soon they will not be allowing more. That there is a " perfect balance" of good and evil that God has allowed and that people who have not converted are going to be running to the new temple and want to partake, but they will have lost their chance for not converting when given the opportunity. Wow...what a picture that paints, no?

And...I agree with you about America and many of the "churches", I did not mean that I expected that we are going to have some great awakening. What I mean is...sometimes even the "church" points out the speck in Israel's eye, yet they forget to remove the log from their own. Sometimes we get a little too pious for our own good, thinking that America is immune to chastisement or whatever because the church is here, well that was exactly what the Jews thought about their Temple. (Chastisement, NOT Judgement) The Jews believed no matter what their spiritual condition was, the Temple was where God was and so there would never be anything bad that could happen to it. God proved them wrong. Our country is no more "holy" or "Godly"..than any other nation. The difference is that we were founded upon a covenant with God, founded upon the Word of God and therefore held to a higher standard and bear more responsibility. He who is given much, much is expected. Of all the people in the world, the US has enjoyed blessings unlike any other, but...just like Israel when she was blessed and given victories in the OT, they like the US, started trusting in themselves instead of God and has basically asked Him to leave. One day He will remove His covering from America too.

Warnings...I am one who does believe that things have happened in America in response for our actions for touching Israel. I believe that 9/11 was a call to people to repent and turn to him (striking her "towers" and Pentagon, the symbols of money and might)....people did pray and rush to the churches, for about 3 weeks; Katrina; our border issue... I know there are those that disagree these are things that God allowed for our own chastisement, but I see it differently. I hope that explains my statements better.

Comment

• Re: Israel VS Hiz-Bull-oney Part V (Merged Threads)

Thanks for additional details

No I can't say that I agree that otherwise natural occurrences such as even bad hurricanes (even though God controls nature) is somehow always a national chastisement - ?

Perhaps it is a distinction without a difference, however I would agree that as America as a nation has turned more and more away from God, that He was over time begun to lift His Hand of Divine Protection and covering - and thus we as a nation are subjected to a greater number of severe events.

Comment

Working...
                                X