Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel VS Hizbullah Part V (Merged Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Israel VS Hiz-Bull-oney Part V

Originally posted by Andy
    This may sound bad but - I do have to wonder why Israel has to knock out power plants. I can understand knocking out bridges, highways and airports (stop the continued import of weapons) but - why do they have to hit power plants? I'm sure they have their reasons but that one eludes me.
    Back on June 27th Israeli army officials said the strikes - including the one on the power plant - were intended to prevent Hamas from removing kidnapped soldier Cpl. Gilad Shalit from Gaza..... and also as part of their strategy ahead of moving major IDF forces into Gaza...

For military "invasion" purposes knocking out power is (rightly or wrongly) a common strategy - the US did some of the same when going into Iraq.

Not to worry - the plant is insured by an agency of the US Government so we know who will soon be rebuilding it.

Comment

www.haaretz.com

18:06 First shipment of U.S. aid arrives in Lebanon (AP)

17:45 Officials: Up to 20,000 peacekeepers needed to take over south Lebanon (Reuters)

17:22 Russian President Vladimir Putin says Israel has the right to security (AP)

Comment

Lasest reports indicate that the IDF is having a good measure of sucess clearing out a major Hezbollah strong-hold

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

......Col. Amnon Eshel Assulin, Commander of the IDF Armored Brigade, told The Jerusalem Post that IDF troops operating in the village of Bint Jbeil, considered the "capital of terror" in southern Lebanon, had proven their ability to reach any location in Lebanon, and could even enter Beirut if the government decided on that course of action.

Assulin told the Post that that IDF had taken control over Bint Jbeil and had so far killed at least 40 Hizbullah guerrillas.

...."The town is completely controlled by us," Asulin said, adding that dozens of Hizbullah guerrillas had been killed in clashes with Golani troops, paratroopers, and tanks.

Soldiers, Assulin said, took several guerrillas captive during the fighting. He said that there were still pockets of resistance on the outskirts of the village, and most of the Hizbullah guerrillas left inside, just under 100, were hiding in the Kasbah marketplace.

The IDF was still encountering Hizbullah gunmen who were shooting form inside mosques, hospitals, and schools. They take advantage of the population, Assulin said, "But the IDF has high moral values and does its best to avoid harming anyone uninvolved."

....."Two tank battalions fought bravely, killed terrorists, and evacuated their wounded comrades from the battlefield," Assulin told the Post when describing the fighting in Bint Jbeil since early Monday. He said that infantry battalions were working cohesively with tanks, and that "one could not exist without the other."

Comment

Cut off their funds--good idea:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14015377/

WASHINGTON - Fifteen hundred times in the past two weeks, an Israeli jet has taken off with a load of bombs. But as NBC News has learned, the targets have not just been military.
          Israeli intelligence sources tell NBC News that among the targets hit in Lebanon are as many as a dozen financial institutions — part of a previously secret campaign to destroy Hezbollah's financial infrastructure.

Comment

I guess the funds were not FDIC insured?

Comment

Originally posted by Glorify Him
              Cut off their funds--good idea:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14015377/

WASHINGTON - Fifteen hundred times in the past two weeks, an Israeli jet has taken off with a load of bombs. But as NBC News has learned, the targets have not just been military.
              Israeli intelligence sources tell NBC News that among the targets hit in Lebanon are as many as a dozen financial institutions — part of a previously secret campaign to destroy Hezbollah's financial infrastructure.
              Good strategy, cut the head off the snake that is casuing the problem and
              also eliminate the one feeding the snake.

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
                I guess the funds were not FDIC insured?
                And I would not be at all shocked to one day learn that some of the "targeting" is being directly provided to Israel by US intel sources....

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                  And I would not be at all shocked to one day learn that some of the "targeting" is being directly provided to Israel by US intel sources....
                  Me neither, I am glad would be glad to hear that we are assisting the
                  Israelis, who are one of our few true allies in the war on terrior. I am
                  in favor of giving them any aid they need to eliminate Hamas and
                  the Hizbullies.

Comment

Too bad Israel can't capture some of those funds to help pay for the damage the Bullies are doing on civilian targets in Israel.

Of course we won't hear from Lame-stream media how much damage and death is occuring in Israel (of civilians). They're too busy pointing accusitive fingers at Israel for every little thing they think the IDF/IAF is doing wrong.

Comment

The media is very quick to point out the suffering of the citizens in
                      Beruit, but the either briefly mention or ignore the fact that the citizens
                      of Hafia and other northern Israel cities are living in bomb shelters almost
                      24 hours a day. Nor do the mention the number of dead and injured they
                      have occured. Let's face it, to the world the suffering of the Israelis are
                      just numbers, they don't want to put faces to them.

Comment

http://www.gamla.org.il/english/news/news.htm

IDF force kills Hizbullah senior commander in southern Lebanon
                        GAMLA: News and Views from Israel

An Elite IDF force killed a Hizbullah senior commander near the villages of Maroun al-Ras and Bint Jbeil.

An army source told Ynet that the terrorist was killed by soldiers when the force invaded a structure used by Hizbullah as a war room.

Comment

I hope they were able to gather some GOOD intelligence in that room. Plans, deployment strategies, rocket sites, etc.

Comment

Sadly...I feel like we will help, supply and support Israel now...but in return we want what? What will be the cost to Israel? A divided Israel and implementation of the Roadmap.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                              I hope they were able to gather some GOOD intelligence in that room. Plans, deployment strategies, rocket sites, etc.
                              I'm seeing various reports (too numerous to post) indicating that the IDF now has a number of prisioners - some of which will no doubt soon be convienced to "talk"...

I'm also seeing reports that the IDF is now in direct contact with a number of "Lebanese" in the south that were their "allies" during the many years of Israeli occupation - and that they are sharing a lot of detailed intel with the IDF as to Hez. positions, storage points, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
                                Sadly...I feel like we will help, supply and support Israel now...but in return we want what? What will be the cost to Israel? A divided Israel and implementation of the Roadmap.
                                While this may be a sad fact keep in mind, too, that Israel is not the victim here. They WANT this "roadmap to peace". Their secular government rejects everything the bible says for their land and instead they go to "Egypt" for their help. This is their choice. Were they truly faithful to God they wouldn't care what the rest of the world thinks or tries to pressure them into - they would stand alone with God and easily defeat anyone that attempted to foil their plans.

I think we tend to forget all too often that the current PEOPLE of Israel are not blessed - not yet. They are still under the curse of an unbelieving generation. Now, once God has put them through the fires of discipline/judgment and a remnant comes to Him, that's a different story. But until then we can expect people like Olmert to keep looking to the world for their answers.

Comment

Working...
                                X