Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel VS Hizbullah Part V (Merged Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Israel VS Hiz-Bull-oney Part V

Originally posted by DawnGrace
    Don't you think there would be enough "voice" in America that would stand up and holler if they saw Israel being defeated by an enemy and us not helping them? And consider this....if the enemy was Hezzbull--ah/Syria/Iran?
    I wouldn't think our President would allow THOSE enemies to swallow Israel without us lending a hand big time....
    America will not only allow Israel to be defeated but will help bring about it's demise. Here is what the US has already done:
    1. It slandered Israel and supported its enemies when it called for restraint. Isreal is using restraint, is fully justified in its action and is actullay acting very gently.
    2. America put a time limit of one week on Israel. We started bombing Afghanistan in 2001 and are not out yet. We struck Iraq in 2003 and have no hope of a quick departure. How dare America give Israel one week.
    3. The US is not satisified with Israel and before the time limit is up we have already joined with the enemies of God in an alternate solution to be created in Rome starting this Wednesday.

Comment

Seems to me the VietCong must have tought the arabs how to build tunnels!!!
      The Israelis can bomb shell even invade but unless they find the tunnels the arabs will be back next week.....

Comment

Israel raids Lebanese villages - no full-scale invasion

By Lin Noueihed
        38 minutes ago

Israel raided Hizbollah weapons caches in Lebanese villages close to the border and bombarded southern Lebanon on Saturday, but said it planned no full-scale invasion for now.

.......An Israeli army spokesman said the army was operating one or two kilometers (about a mile) inside Lebanon.

Troops backed by around a dozen tanks and armored vehicles were in the village of Maroun al-Ras, scene of intense battles earlier this week, where they found Hizbollah bunkers and weapons stores, the spokesman said.

"It will probably widen, but we are still looking at limited operations," he said. "We're not talking about massive forces going inside at this point."

Israeli forces had urged residents of 14 villages in south Lebanon to leave by 4 p.m. (1300 GMT) ahead of more air raids.

Israel has been building up its forces at the border and has called up 3,000 reserves. Defense Minister Amir Peretz has talked of a possible land offensive to halt rocket attacks that have killed 15 Israeli civilians in the past 11 days.

But Israel is wary of mounting another invasion, only six years after it ended a costly 22-year occupation of the south. Already, 19 soldiers have been killed in the latest conflict.
        http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060722/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

Comment

LITTH posted, in part: America will not only allow Israel to be defeated but will help bring about it's demise. Here is what the US has already done:
          1. It slandered Israel and supported its enemies when it called for restraint. Isreal is using restraint, is fully justified in its action and is actullay acting very gently.
          2. America put a time limit of one week on Israel. We started bombing Afghanistan in 2001 and are not out yet. We struck Iraq in 2003 and have no hope of a quick departure. How dare America give Israel one week.
          3. The US is not satisified with Israel and before the time limit is up we have already joined with the enemies of God in an alternate solution to be created in Rome starting this Wednesday.
          Questions for you LITTH--When did the US slander Israel? I think President Bush has made it very clear that we are 100% behind Israel, not to mention Condoleeza Rice's statements yesterday (see that thread for exact quotes.)

Where did you read that America put a time limit on Israel of 1 week? I have not seen this anywhere?

What do you base your statement in 3 above upon? Not trying to be argumentative here, but I would like to see you support those allegations.

Comment

GH
            You may want to go over the posts as the US did give Israel one week, at one point.

Comment

SAT--I appreciate your reply and will weed back through all those threads. Having stayed on top of this from the beginning though, I don't recall the US ever giving Israel a deadline--but in fairness I will spend the time to dig around and look again.

Having looked through all 17 pages of the initial thread on the War, I have found absolutely nothing that even hints at the US giving Israel any time frame. Instead, I found a number of links to articles wherein the US came out strongly behind Israel--note the dates: sorry but I didn't copy all the dates but they were all within the same day, July12th.

(IsraelNN.com) The Bush administration said Wednesday afternoon that “Israel must do whatever necessary to protect itself.”
              http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=107103

The White House on Wednesday condemned the capture by Hizbullah guerrillas of two Israeli soldiers and blamed Syria and Iran for the attacks.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice spoke with Minister of Foreign Affairs Tzipi Livni about the escalation in the region. (Ronny Sofer and Reuters)

(07.12.06, 20:42)http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...274671,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by SAT
                GH
                You may want to go over the posts as the US did give Israel one week, at one point.
                The one week deal was tossed about in the British press which is very anti-Israel, and thus I would not personally bet the farm that it was totally accurate in the first place.

It's rather obvious to me anyway that the US is doing all that it can to stall the rest of the world to try and buy some more time for Israel to root out Hezbollah -

Likewise it was Israeli military brass (as quoted in Jewish press by name) just a few days ago that claimed to have destroyed 50% of Hezbollah's strength and that another "week" should be just about enough to degrade them fully...

Now that it's become obvious that it's taking longer it appears that the US is still trying to buy more time for Israel - i.e. in terms of stalling international intervention.

In fact just in the last 48 hours the US military is airlifting a shipment of 100 of our biggest "bunker-buster" weapons for Israel's use against Hezbollah targets.

July 19th - Guardian

The US is giving Israel a window of a week to inflict maximum damage on Hizbullah before weighing in behind international calls for a ceasefire in Lebanon, according to British, European and Israeli sources.

The Bush administration, backed by Britain, has blocked efforts for an immediate halt to the fighting initiated at the UN security council, the G8 summit in St Petersburg and the European foreign ministers' meeting in Brussels.

"It's clear the Americans have given the Israelis the green light. They [the Israeli attacks] will be allowed to go on longer, perhaps for another week," a senior European official said yesterday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/...823924,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lay it to Heart
                  America will not only allow Israel to be defeated but will help bring about it's demise. Here is what the US has already done:

I really think that America would like Israel to survive and do well as an ally and western presence in the ME---but if Israel were gone really it would be so much simpler for everyone. Not because Israel is bad or even part of the problem--its jus that the Arabs would settle down and oil would flow freely and all would be at peace if Israel were wiped off the map. Also its not really genocide as many jews still exista nd are happy in their various homes throughout the world and are welcome there.

Thismay be the thinking that brings about Ez38/39---I hope to goodness the USA and Canada hold strong intheir support of Israel ---but remember that whent he going gets tough people will change sides and clamour for their govts to do the same.

In Canada---I hope that Stephen Harper was elected --place here by God --"for such a time as this." Remember Esther?!! MOre than ever we really need to pray for our leaders wisdom and strength during these times.

Comment

I agree with your assessment Tom. Giving Israel the daisy cutters (which are the bunker busters we used in Afghanistan??) is definitely a show of support. You are also right regarding the reporting in the lame-stream media.

Plus, the missiles have started to flow again:

Katyusha Fire Resumes, 19 Injured in Attack on Haifa
                    14:39 Jul 21, '06 / 25 Tammuz 5766
                    by Alex Traiman

Several katyusha rockets have slammed into Israel Friday. 19 are reported injured, as rockets slammed into Haifa buildings. The injured have been rushed to the Rambam and Bnei Zion Medical Centers.

After nearly 24 hours of quiet in Haifa, Israel's northernmost metropolis, katyusha attacks resumed sending residents fleeing into bomb shelters.
                    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=108033

Comment

Israel takes Lebanon foothold

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ast/index.html

Israeli military seizes Lebanese town

Attacks rain down from both sides of border

AVIVIM, Israel (CNN) -- Israel sent tanks and troops across the Lebanese border Saturday and seized the southern village of Maroun al-Ras, Israel Defense Forces said.

The IDF said gunfire was exchanged. But Israeli military officials and diplomatic sources insisted the operation was not the beginning of a full-scale ground invasion.

Hezbollah guerrillas fired barrages of more than 100 rockets from southern Lebanon into Israel on Saturday, continuing the conflict that began with militants capturing two Israeli soldiers on July 12.
                      (See map of area)

About 5,000 Israeli troops are massed at the Lebanese border as speculation grows that the military -- which so far has relied mostly on air power -- plans a major ground offensive.

The IDF said 15 civilians and 19 soldiers in Israel have been killed, and more than 300 people have been wounded.

(excerpted as req'd).

Comment

Re: Israel takes Lebanon foothold

Think there's any chance they may go into the Bekka Valley?
                        A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
                        A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Re: Israel takes Lebanon foothold

I would think th Bekka Valley would only be entered after intense airstrikes. Israel had problems in there until they learned the enemy's SAM's were fired on drones because they freaked out thinking they were IAF fighter-bombers.

Comment

IDF: Troops have seized key Hezbollah stronghold

Bush: Way to stem crisis is to confront Hezbollah

www.haaretz.com

Comment

I know this may not be popular and others could object but personally I don't really see any reason to believe either the US or Canada are really behind Israel. The growing evidence is quite the contrary.

The elite they represent find Israel to be a convenience at this time. Israel is taking care of their enemy. Nothing more, nothing less. No they don't have a particular hate or dislike for Israel but neither do they see Israel in the same way those of you in this site do. None of you would have drawn up the "Roadmap".

But just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Glorify Him
                                LITTH posted, in part: America will not only allow Israel to be defeated but will help bring about it's demise. Here is what the US has already done:
                                Questions for you LITTH--When did the US slander Israel? I think President Bush has made it very clear that we are 100% behind Israel, not to mention Condoleeza Rice's statements yesterday (see that thread for exact quotes.)

Where did you read that America put a time limit on Israel of 1 week? I have not seen this anywhere?

What do you base your statement in 3 above upon? Not trying to be argumentative here, but I would like to see you support those allegations.
                                The world "restraint" is slanderous in itself. It clearly implies, and has been time and time again, to say that Israel is using too much force. How dare anyone use you this word against Israel.

Here is one article from July 20, 2006 about the ungoldy request to limit the time:
                                U.S. Gives Israel One Week to Cripple Hezbollah, Then It Will Support Ceasefire

President Bush has announced the United States will wait one more week before backing an international ceasefire in Lebanon of the sort advocated by UN Secretary General Kofi Annan (See recent article in The Guardian).
                                http://worldnews.about.com/b/a/257420.htm

You can read about the conference on another thread on the forum.

Any reasonable person has to know this won't work.

Comment

Working...
                                X