Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel VS Hizbullah Part V (Merged Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Israel VS Hiz-Bull-oney Part V

Originally posted by Issachar
    I've been away the entire day ........ watching Nightline now.

AMEN

I have been wondering all day, not knowing what new developments were happening, why, since Israel is fighting a major terrorist organization, they are going it alone?! Isn't there a "war on terror" going on? True the US is supplying Israel with weaponry, spare parts and presumably satellite/intel/info, but ........ didn't the US want actual troops from other countries in it's "global war on terrorism" in both Afghanistan and Iraq? There was a LOT of terrorism in the world prior to 9/11. Where was the "war on terror" then?

I'm not really coming against anyone or anything .... it's just that even though I don't know even one Israeli over in Israel, I feel like "friends" are being attacked over there and even though they are putting up a valiant fight, couldn't they use a bit of help? Is there really a "global war on terrorism" or is that only when the US is directly attacked?

Issachar
    Issachar, I have the feeling the US has troops at the ready to help Israel as soon as she asks. We have a lot of Naval ships over there and I don't think they were sent there, just to help with evacuations. Remember too, there was that US/Israeli base that was built. I think the US and Israel just may have a card of their own up their sleeve. I could be wrong, but I feel that the US is standing at the ready. Also, Israel has God Almighty, Jehovah Jirah with her, better still will be when she calls on Him and He will get the victory, Amen!

For sure, we need to keep in prayer for Israel. I believe God puts that love we have for her and the Jewish people upon our hearts for that reason. And keep in prayer for the "church" too, I sense some serious spiritual warfare going on.

Comment

I have wondered if we have kept some the troops in Iraq, to assist
      Israel if necessary.

Comment

Thisis from Zion Gene's website: http://www.biblicalnuggets.com/

He used to be on this site and I miss his input as he loves Israel greatly. He thinks Israel will be sorely defeated. What do we all think? I am wondering if he is right as Israel is godless for the most part and followiing secular leaders who want to mix with the world (horses and chariots)and its prosperity rather than rely on their God. The dividing of the land ///and the quote that Olmert wants an everlasting covenant with the Arabs rings bitter in my stomach. Here is what Zion Genene had to say.

NUGGET NO.2,7/17/06. ISRAEL AND THE REENGAGEMEMT WAR. There is war going on right now between Israel and Lebanon, and I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be the first war in its modern history, in which Israel will lose. I suspect, that as America did in Vietnam, Israel will come out of this war much humiliated. I believe that God will abandon Israel to a defeat of sorts because the leadership of Israel did not take Him and the Land into account, when they violently drove Jews out of Gush Katif and other places in Gaza, in August of 2005.

Comment

Don't you think there would be enough "voice" in America that would stand up and holler if they saw Israel being defeated by an enemy and us not helping them? And consider this....if the enemy was Hezzbull--ah/Syria/Iran?
          I wouldn't think our President would allow THOSE enemies to swallow Israel without us lending a hand big time....

Comment

Certainly while it is relatively easy for us to view, assess, and in a certain sense "judge" all these unfolding events in relation to our Biblical understanding of the nation of Israel as God's chosen people and end-times prophecy, etc.....

I think it is equally important to for us to recall that the vast majority of the world, including the majority in America (and American leaders) do not view all this in the same (or similar) context....

.....nor as far as I can tell from the Bible will they ever - right up thru the time of the rapture. IMO the triple combination of:

(1) General spiritual blindness,

(2) Widespread ignorance / disinterest regarding Bible prophecy - even among those that are viewed as "born-gain" believers (Realizing THAT THIS PERVASIVE ATTITUDE STARTS IN THE Pulpits OF America's Church's)

(3) Distrust / hatred of the Jews on a global / historical basis (other that a core group of Christians in America)

Will all continue to result in situation where it is God, and God alone, that will be the "savior" of Israel in terms of direct defense against the worst of these events.....

Comment

With all that is happening so fast some may have missed this - I know I did.

It seems that the 100+ big US "bunker buster" bombs that Israel requested over a year ago (and was approved to receive) were never actually delivered - i.e. as Israel decided to use the available military aid funds for other purchases.

Now that it has proven that the IAF has been (so far) unable to penetrate these very deep / reinforced Hezbollah bunkers the US is now expediting delivery of these "bunker buster" smart weapons to Israel

....the Bush administration was rushing a delivery of precision-guided bombs to Israel after receiving a request last week, The New York Times reported. The munitions were part of a multimillion-dollar arms sale package approved last year that Israel could tap at any time, the Times reported in an article posted on its Web site Friday night.
              http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060722/..._pe/us_mideast

More...

The decision to expedite the weapons to Israel was made with relatively little debate within the administration of President George W Bush, the officials said on Friday on condition of anonymity.

The Times said the disclosure threatens to anger Arab governments and others because of the appearance that the United States is actively aiding the Israeli bombing campaign in a way that could be compared to Iran’s efforts to arm and re-supply Hezbollah....

(Note how once again our own lame-stream / leftist media is pushing the "moral equivalent" argument)

.....Pentagon officials declined to describe in detail the size and contents of the shipment to Israel, and they would not say whether the munitions were being shipped by cargo aircraft or some other means, the Times said.

An arms-sale package approved last year provides authority for Israel to purchase from the United States as many as 100 GBU-28s, which are 5,000-pound (2,268-kilogram) laser-guided bombs intended to destroy concrete bunkers. The package also provides for selling satellite-guided munitions, the newspaper said.

One US official said normal procedures usually do not include rushing deliveries within days of a request. That was done because Israel is a close ally in the midst of hostilities, the official told the Times.
              http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1043135

Comment

Iranian army chief: Arab states should cut oil supply to Israel

The head of the Iranian armed forces, Maj.-Gen. Hasan Firuzabadi called on Arab states to cut oil supplies to Israel in response to its military offensive against Lebanon, the Iranian news agency ISNA reports.

Firuzabadi said military action against Israel by Arab armies should be a last resort in dealing with the current crisis. (Dudi Cohen)
                http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...279613,00.html

Ahmadinejad: Israel 'threatens regional stability'

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Israel is "a threat to the region's security", adding that if its military operation in Lebanon succeeds it will widen its military aggression, the FARS news agency reports.

In conversation by phone with leaders of Muslim countries Ahmadinejad urged more involvement.
                http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...279627,00.html

Comment

Syria has 1,000 plus agents in southern Lebanon

......Michigan Congressman Mike Rogers says that Syria has more than a thousand agents in southern Lebanon.

He says they either work directly for Syrian intelligence or get paid by Syria for information.

Rogers says the agents are there help prop up the Hezbollah militia, which is fighting with Israel.
                  http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.a...80109&nav=0Rce

Frankly my own guess would have been much higher than 1,000....

Comment

Israel Airstrikes Hit Transmission Towers in Northern Lebanon
                    By VOA News
                    22 July 2006

Lebanese officials say Israeli warplanes have destroyed transmission towers for television stations and mobile phones in two parts of northern Lebanon.

......Meanwhile, Israeli troops and tanks are massed along the Lebanese border as ground forces carry out attacks against Hezbollah in southern Lebanon. Israeli officials called the operations limited and say they are against targets that cannot be hit by airstrikes.

U.N. peacekeepers on the border say Israeli forces are still in the Lebanese village of Maroun al-Ras near the border.

The Israeli offensive has been countered by frequent rocket attacks by Hezbollah, including in the port city of Haifa Saturday.

Israeli aircraft dropped leaflets over southern Lebanon on Friday, urging civilians to move north of the Litani River, about 30 kilometers north of the Israeli border.
                    http://voanews.com/english/2006-07-22-voa2.cfm
                    __________________________________________________ __

This latest strike by Israel on "communications" that would be used by Hezbollah (and/or the Lebanese Army) seems to be yet more preparation for the so called "limited" ground invasion....

Comment

EU to coordinate aid for Lebanon

The EU said Saturday it will coordinate aid deliveries from European nations to Lebanon.

The bloc was also sending a team to help Cyprus handle the thousands of evacuees crowding the island's ports and hotels. (AP)
                      http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...279663,00.html

Comment

Breaking 9am EDST (Saturday) - the Invasion may have just offically started:

15:47 IDF tanks, bulldozers knock down border fence, enter southern Lebanon (AP)
                        www.haaretz.com

Fox News now also reporting:

Israeli Tanks Enter Lebanon moving towards Maroun Al-ras

Comment

16:33 IDF radio broadcasting in Lebanon warns residents of 13 villages to flee by 4 P.M. (AP)
                          www.haretz.com

Comment

Israeli tanks and hundreds of troops moved in and out of Lebanon on Saturday, taking over a village, entering a U.N. observation post and engaging Hezbollah militants by land, sea and air as part of the country's limited ground campaign. Meanwhile, the Israeli military said that Hezbollah guerrillas attacked a military base near the border, wounding one soldier.
                            http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060722/...non_israel_330

Comment

I wonder what kind of technology they can use to find Hiz-Bulloney terrorists in underground caves, bunkers and tunnels.

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                                Israel warns the residents to leave before they strike, and their enemies do not do the same for them, and yet the bleeding hearts news coverage seems to only talk about the poor folks having to leave their homes because of Israels army and no mention of how many northern Israeli residents have had to flee ...and....without any warning of bombs coming in from Lebanon. It is amazing and so frustrating to see the world take the side of the blood thirsty terrorist and constantly condemn Israel for self defense.
                                whew...I guess I'm done venting for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X