X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel VS Hiz-bullies Part IV (MERGED)

Continuing on...

Re: Israel VS Hiz-bullies Part IV

Just posted:

22:37 Haifa residents rush to bomb shelters after sirens heard throughout city (Haaretz)

www.haaretz.com

Comment

I was trying to post when the thread closed...Tom, doesn't it seem obvious that the amount of rockets being fired by Hezbollah today has greatly increased! I wonder what the "last straw" will be? I pray that Israel is not being drawn into a trap, but I think this is all leading to Is. 17 and horrible, horrible times for Israel. They need our prayers so desperately, not only for now...but when we are gone, that the prayers we pray for for them in the tribulation.

Comment

Apparently the IDF is attempting another night raid into Lebanon?

Al-Manar: Heated exchange of fire in Shaba farms region

A report by Hizbullah's Al-Manar TV stated that heated exchanges of fire took place between IDF and Hizbullah forces in the Shaba farms region. According to the report, Hizbullah operatives are trying to prevent IDF forces from entering Lebanon.
        http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...277506,00.html

Comment

Israel closes Haifa port - key port

Israel closes Haifa port
          http://www.news24.com/News24/World/M...969255,00.html

Israel closed its port in the northern city of Haifa on Monday in the wake of Hizbollah rocket attacks from Lebanon, the transport ministry said. The port is one of the country's key shipment points.

Haifa 'just the beginning'
          http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...968593,00.html

Hizbollah chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said on Sunday confrontation with Israel was just beginning after the bombardment of the Israeli city of Haifa. ... "We promise them surprises in (any) confrontation." ...

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
            I was trying to post when the thread closed...Tom, doesn't it seem obvious that the amount of rockets being fired by Hezbollah today has greatly increased! I wonder what the "last straw" will be? I pray that Israel is not being drawn into a trap, but I think this is all leading to Is. 17 and horrible, horrible times for Israel. They need our prayers so desperately, not only for now...but when we are gone, that the prayers we pray for for them in the tribulation.
            Not sure - missile counts are somewhat (pardon the poor pun) - hit and miss in terms of either increase or decrease in a given 24 hour period.

I suspect the efforts of the IDF and IAF are making it more and more difficult to get launchs off?

Certanly if Olmert keeps with his speach today, and his slap-down of Peres for wanting to run off and talk with Lebanon, I don't see a "happy ending" for all this - eventually something major will get thru, and Israel will be forced to once again respond in a bigger manner... meanwhile I personally expect this to drag on for many more days - if not weeks?

Comment

What about Saudia Arabia...I heard all these praises this morning that they "blamed Hezbollah" and then they condem the Int'l Community for not stopping Israel. Talk about straddling the fence!

21:10 Saudi Arabia blasts int`l community for failing to halt IDF attacks on Lebanon (AP )

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
                What about Saudia Arabia...I heard all these praises this morning that they "blamed Hezbollah" and then they condem the Int'l Community for not stopping Israel. Talk about straddling the fence!

21:10 Saudi Arabia blasts int`l community for failing to halt IDF attacks on Lebanon (AP )
                Keep in mind that Iran is Persia and no love lost with the Arabs - in addition to Saudi's, Egypt and several other Arab nations are very fearful of Iran going nuclear and becoming the dominent regional power... to me that's once key reason we have not seen a stronger response from the Arabs so far....

Comment

http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publ...le_16694.shtml

Iran says Hizbollah will not disarm

Jul 16, 2006
                  Financial Times

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran's supreme leader, said on Sunday that Hizbollah, a key ally of Tehran, would not disarm, despite calls from the US and Israel. His remarks, reported by state television, came as Iran was increasingly drawn into the Middle East crisis.

"The American president says Hizbollah should be disarmed," said Ayatollah Khamenei. "But it will not happen...The Lebanese people appreciate the resistance because their powerful limbs have been responsible for not allowing the Zionists whatever they want, whenever they want in Lebanon."

Iranian officials earlier denied Israeli and western allegations of direct military support for Hizbollah.

Hamid Reza Asefi, foreign ministry spokesman, said no Iranian Revolutionary Guards were in Lebanon and that reports of shipments of Iranian missiles were "not correct". But Mr Asefi also warned that aggression against Syria would bring Israel "unimaginable damages".

Well, I guess this confirms what I posted on the last page of Part III. Iran will continue to supply the Hezbollah with whatever they want.

Comment

Jul. 17, 2006 21:35
                    IDF forces conquer area inside Lebanese territory
                    By YAAKOV KATZ

IDF forces conquered Ghajar, an area inside Lebanese territory, it was released for publication on Monday.

The troops remained in the area and built a barrier to fortify their position
                    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Comment

23:36 Peretz authorizes plan for limited call-up of IDF reserves (Haaretz)
                      www.haaretz.com

In the last week I have already seen reports of at least one reserve armored and one reserve infantry division being called up - as well as IAF resources - apparently this is a fresh call for more resources...

One could surmise that the lame-stream media reports coming out today claiming that Olmert is ready to call a halt are very pre-mature..?

3 reserves battalions to be drafted in upcoming days

Three reserves battalions – infantry, engineers, and artillery – will be drafted in upcoming days and will replace regular forces in Judea and Samaria.

This is in order to allow the regular forces to tale part in IDF operations in the north. (Hanan Greenberg)
                      http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...277523,00.html

Comment

French PM joins Blair, Annan in calls for int'l force in Lebanon

By Aluf Benn, Haaretz Correspondent, Haaretz Service and Agencies

French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin on Monday joined British Prime Minister Tony Blair and United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan in calling for the deployment of an international force in southern Lebanon, in order to end the spiraling conflict between Israel and Hezbollah.

Villepin also called for an immediate truce between Israel and Lebanon on humanitarian grounds.

De Villepin was speaking after meeting the Lebanese government in Beirut in an effort to find a solution to the confrontation between Israel and Hezbollah guerrillas.

The French premier arrived in Beirut on Monday to meet with Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora and express France's support for Lebanon.
                        http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/739352.html

And in other news France's De Villepin stated that he wanted French troops to take part - i.e. as it would be a real honor for france to surrender to the brave Hezballah fighters...

Comment

Israeli envoy to Washington...."Now is not the time for Rice to travel to Israel"....Haaretz Ticker...

Which got me to thinking....remember Israel's 48 hour warning? With the comments about Rice and Olmerts speach this morning, I am assuming "time is up"?

Comment

Devil Lepan...I mean De Villepan is running for PM...lots of muslims he is catering to for votes? France is never one to run TO a battle.

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                              [B][SIZE="4"]

And in other news France's De Villepin stated that he wanted French troops to take part - i.e. as it would be a real honor for france to surrender to the brave Hezballah fighters...
                              ROFLOL! That was a good one!

Bluejaye

Comment

Working...
                              X