X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Israel VS Hiz-bullies Part IV (MERGED)

Jul. 20, 2006 13:43
    Russia blasts scale of Israeli actions in Lebanon
    By ASSOCIATED PRESS
    MOSCOW

Russia sharply criticized Israel over its offensive against Hizbullah guerrillas in Lebanon on Thursday, saying its actions have gone "far beyond the boundaries of an anti-terrorist operation" and repeating calls for an immediate cease-fire.

In a statement issued to media, the Foreign Ministry said that Russia affirms the need to fight terrorism and called for the immediate release of Israeli hostages, but added that the "unprecedented scale of the casualties and destruction" in Lebanon indicates that Israel is using too much force.
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

__________________________________________________ ______

Building for a future basis to act....?

Comment

Originally posted by RickA
      15:38 House of Representatives to vote Thursday whether to support IDF offensive (AP

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/ShTickers.html
      Others around the world are opining that the "drums of war" against Iran are begining to sound in Washington....

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HG21Ak02.html

....US Senate voted unanimously on Tuesday to approve a resolution that not only endorsed Israel's military actions in Gaza and Lebanon without calling on it to exercise any restraint, but also urged US President George W Bush to impose across-the-board diplomatic and economic sanctions on Tehran and Damascus. The House of Representatives was expected to pass a similar resolution on Thursday.

Comment

... Russia affirms the need to fight terrorism and called for the immediate release of Israeli hostages, but added that the "unprecedented scale of the casualties and destruction" in Lebanon indicates that Israel is using too much force.
        So much room to talk ....

We want to remind you that Chechnya is a tiny spot of land with the area slightly over 6,000 square miles which was inhabited by about 900 000 people in 1991 when Chechnya declared its independence from Russia. Grim statistics of two Chechen wars: Chechen war: 11th of December 1994 - August 6th 1996 Capital city Grozny turned into a ghost city; 5000 Russian soldiers killed in just three days of the New Year attack on Grozny; A number of shells, mortars and bombs falling on Grozny during the fiercest fighting in Grozny was 4000 an hour compared to 3000 per day, according to an American Human Rights activist Fred Cuny; Russian invasion in 1994 - 1996 claimed lives of about 80 000 peoples; 1500 people were missing. Their fate remains unknown until today;. Half a million mines left on a territory of 6,000 square miles; Thousands of innocent civilians were crippled in the concentrations camps.
        http://www.tzfa.org/r_rpt004.html

Issachar
        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar
          So much room to talk ....

http://www.tzfa.org/r_rpt004.html

Issachar
          Agreed - and in other news of the day from Moscow "the pot called the kettle black"....

Comment

Selected News Flash of interest www.haaretz.com

16:18 Saudi Arabia: Israel can`t be allowed to continue bombardment of Lebanon (Reuters)

16:18 UN: Middle East conflict could turn into `catastrophe` (Sky News)

14:18 Warning sirens heard in Haifa, Tirat Hacarmel, Nesher, and the Krayot (Israel Radio)

14:03 Katyushas strike Tiberias and Carmiel (Channel 10)

Comment

Jul. 20, 2006 17:23
              Lebanese Army may join forces with Hizbullah
              By JPOST.COM STAFF

The Lebanese Minister of Defense warned Israel Thursday that if IDF ground forces are sent into southern Lebanon, Lebanese troops will fight along with the Hizbullah against Israel.
              While this would certainly be tough for Israel, IMO it would be a lot tougher on Lebanon's Army.... hopefully all Hezbollah supporters will rush to defend the border and thus can be "addressed" once and for all....

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                Others around the world are opining that the "drums of war" against Iran are begining to sound in Washington....

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HG21Ak02.html
                You can't help but wonder, how soon it will be until the United States
                is directly involved in this war.

Comment

• Re: Israel hints at a full-scale invasion

This may be the action that forces other arab nations to take action,
                  either militarly or some other type of support aganist Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                    Jul. 20, 2006 13:43
                    Russia blasts scale of Israeli actions in Lebanon
                    By ASSOCIATED PRESS
                    MOSCOW

__________________________________________________ ______

Building for a future basis to act....?
                    Yea sure seems to follow that Russia is building towards the moment when she'll lose 83% of her armed forces. Or perhaps 1/6th of the population is left? It's hard to tell from Ezekiel.

Comment

I wasn't aware that there was much of a difference between the Lebanese Army and Hizbollah (tongue in cheek.) If this joining of forces occurs, I can envision Syria jumping on the band wagon. We already know Iran has troops on the ground. Not a good scenario, any way I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennken
                        This may be the action that forces other arab nations to take action, either militarly or some other type of support aganist Israel.
                        Maybe force the US into $6+/gal. gasoline? That would have an immediate, negative impact on the US economy. Americans would either be crying out for smashing the OPEC nations or crying out to stop supporting Israel. I think they'd go for the latter.

Issachar
                        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Just posted: Olmert to allow transfer of aid to Lebanon

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert decided together with Foreign Minister Livni and Defense Minister Peretz to allow the transfer of humanitarian aid to Lebanese citizens via Cyprus.

The prime minister answered calls by the international community for the aid. The route will also be used to evacuate foreign citizens from Lebanon. (Ronny Sofer)
                          http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...279079,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar
                            Maybe force the US into $6+/gal. gasoline? That would have an immediate, negative impact on the US economy. Americans would either be crying out for smashing the OPEC nations or crying out to stop supporting Israel. I think they'd go for the latter.

Issachar
                            So far in the past 4 days oil has actually dropped from a peak price of over $78 barrel to under $72 -

....in other words the oil trader's "war scare" tatics could not sustain the run-up in prices in the face of the fact that no oil has ceased to flow anywhere in the world - and that gasoline inventories in the US (i.e. world's biggest consumer) are now at record highs...

Comment

• Re: Massive wave of rockets hit northern Israel around 3pm

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/740309.html

Hezbollah fired more than 100 Katyusha rockets at Israel on Wednesday, killing two brothers from Nazareth, aged 9 and 3, and sending 135 people to the hospital in Nazareth alone. The deaths bring the number of Israelis killed by Hezbollah rockets since the fighting began to 15.

A massive wave of rockets battered northern Israel at around 3 P.M. Wednesday, with strikes in Haifa, Carmiel, Tiberias, Afula and communities in the Galilee. Some 70 rockets were fired at Israel within the space of an hour.

Comment

I agree on the current oil/gas situation. I was speculating with my answer to the comment by Tennken:
                                or some other type of support aganist Israel.
                                that what the Arabs may do, should they want to act against Israel, is do an oil embargo against the US/any Israel supporter. I wasn't clear on that in my post. sorry ...

Issachar

p.s. Of course, should that happen, gasoline inventories would fall very fast ...

Comment

Working...
                                X