X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Israel VS Syria (THREADS MERGED)

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
    I know what it looks like... and I know that the PTB are running around trying to pull something together, I just can't see how all nations could agree to anything unless they had a world's equivalent "9/11" in order to agree to a treaty and "save the human race". How do you get these two branches of Islam to agree to anything when they, themselves are divided? Iran wants Israel wiped off the map, did you see Ah-ma-mad-man's rant today? It was on Al Jazeera but I can't find it now? Afghanistan and Iraq are unraveling...I think there has to be a lid put on one of those branches of Islam first in order for THE false treaty to be confirmed. "Radical" Islam, for a time they needs to be squashed. Know what I mean?
    And IMO it is the whole Iran situation with their nuke threat, and the EU's desire to see it resolved ASAP, that is the key as to why the world (as led by the EU) will in fact insist on a supposed comprehensive ME "peace" settlement.... one that Israel will be eventually forced to accept...

Comment

Then Iran will need to be dealt with, don't you think?

Comment

IMHO
        I believe there will be an attempt to bring a ME peace plan. What is fascinating is the terminalogy they are using. This seems to be something other then Israel" focused. Something other then the Roadmap, which Bush is still insisting be followed.
        The world is being broken up into 10 trading blocks, they seem to be referring to the ME trading block which hasn't been resolved because of the terrrorist.
        I suspect we are about to hear for the first time reference to what is to be that block.
        The reasons I say this is not just the terminalogy but who they are sending to produce this deal. The Foreign Ministers.
        I know it is far from being ready to accept this in the ME but it seems to me to be the opening show. They seem to be talking about a whole area and not just one portion.
        PS LOL
        Just something I thought I would throw out there. I could be very wrong.

Comment

Then Iran will need to be dealt with, don't you think?
          ...precisely in what manner ?

Certainly they should probably be bombed to take out as much of their nuke development as possible - but IMHO that will never happen short of them launching missiles towards Israel...

Iran is looking to be further "bribed" by more and more promises from the EU - economic and otherwise.... and being given greater latitude in the ME - all of which the entire world (except for the US and Israel) is more than ready to grant to them....

Also recall that weeks ago (when Solana put together his package of bribes for Iran) there were numerous veiled references to making promises to Iran that the so called "Israeli threat" to ME peace and stability would be part of what Iran would receive in return for supposed good behavior..

Comment

These statements (below) seem to express the views of most of the world - with the notable exception of the US -

....thus IMO the whole world (Western, Arab, Muslim, China, Russia, etc) is rapidly lining up to find a way to impose their collective will on Israel in so far as what they consider to be the "right" answer to a lasting peace....

U.K. minister warns Israel of consequences of IDF assault

By The Associated Press
            A British government minister called on Israel on Sunday to consider the political consequences of its military offensive in Lebanon.

Foreign Office minister Kim Howells, meeting Israeli officials in Haifa, said public recognition was needed of the scale of destruction in Lebanon.

His comments were a departure from the message of British Prime Minister Tony Blair, who has urged Israel only to be proportionate in its actions.

......"I very much hope that the Americans understand what's happening to Lebanon," Howells said, after visiting locations in Lebanon a day earlier.

"The destruction of the infrastructure, the death of so many children and so many people. These have not been surgical strikes."

Howells said that to secure continuing support from the international community, Israel needed to demonstrate it is committed to in future living peacefully with Lebanon.

"What's going on won't be won simply by a military exercise, it has got to be a political victory as well. That means the forces of sanity have got to win out," he said.

"It's time the whole of the international community woke up to just what a threat this conflict is ... to all of us," he added.
            http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/741764.html

Comment

Which makes me think, once again, the deal Rice is bringing to the table in Rome, will deal with the whole area and not just Israel.

Comment

Olmert to German foreign minister: Hizbullah operated by Iran and Syria

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told Germany's Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier that "Hizbullah is being operated by Iran and Syria.

The Iranian issue is the issue that will keep the world busy in the coming months and what is happening here is the preparation."

"If the world doesn't stand with one front against Hizbullah operated by Iran, how can it convince the Iranians that it is really against them?" Olmert said. (Ronny Sofer)
                http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...280307,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by SAT
                  Which makes me think, once again, the deal Rice is bringing to the table in Rome, will deal with the whole area and not just Israel.
                  I think you may be spot on - accurate.

IMO Rice for well over a year has been taking her "positions" directly from Solana's EU play-book -

....and everything I have seen tells me that Solana is working hard to arrive at a huge ME peace / economic agreement - that ties in not just Israel and her immediate Arab neighbors - but also Iran, Syria, etc....

Comment

See Post No 155 above...

Netanyahu Responds to Britain for Criticizing Israel
                    22:20 Jul 23, '06 / 27 Tammuz 5766

(IsraelNN.com) The head of the Likud party and former prime minister, MK Binyamin Netanyahu, harshly criticized Britain’s minister for Middle Eastern Affairs who accused Israel of using disproportionate force in Lebanon.

Netanyahu said that Britain’s response to Germany’s rocket attacks during World War II was much more severe than Israel’s response to Hezbollah’s rocket attacks.
                    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=108163

Comment

Exactly. We knew eventually they would have to deal with it as the rest of the world is all but completed. The EU "Neighborhood Deal" is also coming up quickly, less then five months.( Another Foreign Ministers deal)
                      It would shift more of the responsibility for Iraq to the world and not just on US shoulders.
                      The language being used about this deal just isn't the same.
                      It would be the perfect time to bring this up.

Comment

Well, if things go like they have been for the last 2 decades...appease, appease, appease...then yes I guess we could see the world putting a bandaid over Iran and a treaty brought forward...then Iran and Russia will unleash Gog/Magog right when the world is saying "Peace, safety...and sudden destruction will come upon them".

Who knows...the whole thing is making me tired! Maybe that is the why God puts hooks in the jaws...here He has made a way for Israel and the US to stand up against Islam and destroy them....just like OT times when they were told to destroy the Caananites and didn't...nothing new under the sun.

Comment

Well, if things go like they have been for the last 2 decades...appease, appease, appease...then yes I guess we could see the world putting a bandaid over Iran and a treaty brought forward...then Iran and Russia will unleash Gog/Magog right when the world is saying "Peace, safety...and sudden destruction will come upon them".

Who knows...the whole thing is making me tired! Maybe that is the why God puts hooks in the jaws...here He has made a way for Israel and the US to stand up against Islam and destroy them....just like OT times when they were told to destroy the Caananites and didn't...nothing new under the sun.
                          I think you nailed it - IMO every indication is that radical islam will play a very major role in the tribulation wars, thus it is highly unlikely that either Israel or the US alone (or in combination) will somehow deal them any major blows prior to the rapture...

Comment

Working...
                          X