This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Israel VS Syria (THREADS MERGED)

In the report Olmert clearly tells them that he KNOWS they're transporting weapons and supplies to the Bullies - they have pictures of it, and they'd better STOP - and NOW. The writer of the article gives his opinion that he doesn't think Israel erally is at the point of attacking Damascus but clearly, Olmert has put them on notice...cut it out, or suffer the consequences.

My guess is Syria and Iran are HOPING for an Israeli hit on Syria - this would play right into their hands, IMHO.

Comment

I am thinking there is a trap set for Israel too, praying that the plans of the enemy falls back upon their own heads.

Maybe they wipe themselves out by accident, though we know the world would not believe Israel if they did...could that be "the great deception" "they will believe a lie"??? hmmmm Just something to ponder on.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
        In the report Olmert clearly tells them that he KNOWS they're transporting weapons and supplies to the Bullies - they have pictures of it, and they'd better STOP - and NOW. The writer of the article gives his opinion that he doesn't think Israel erally is at the point of attacking Damascus but clearly, Olmert has put them on notice...cut it out, or suffer the consequences.

My guess is Syria and Iran are HOPING for an Israeli hit on Syria - this would play right into their hands, IMHO.
        A certainly agree - and also have to assume that US intel - if not the initial source for the Israeli's - is certainly using high-tech intercepts and spy in the sky assets to confirm Syria's and Iran's participation.

United States dug in its heels on Wednesday

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The United States dug in its heels on Wednesday against U.N. calls for a ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon, saying such a measure made little sense between a state and a "terrorist group" like Hizbollah.

Speaking hours after France proposed that the U.N. Security Council consider a resolution calling for a lasting ceasefire, U.S. Ambassador John Bolton said the council should focus on disarming the Hizbollah militia and extending Lebanese government control over the entire country.

"It is very hard to understand from the people calling for a ceasefire how you have a ceasefire with a terrorist organization like Hizbollah," Bolton told reporters.

"I am not sure that conventional thinking about a ceasefire makes any sense when you are dealing with a terrorist group that fires rockets at civilian populations and kidnaps innocent Israelis," he said.
        http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

Comment

Not to mention Iran. Imo he can't bearly wait to show his might militarily with a just cause, and by having Syria draw Israel into the conflict he can be welcomed in.

Comment

http://www.nysun.com/article/36289

Assad: U.N. Mediation Team Member Not Welcome in Damascus for Peace Talks

By BENNY AVNI - Staff Reporter of the Sun
            July 19, 2006

UNITED NATIONS — A U.N. team sent to mediate in the Israeli-Lebanese conflict hit a snag yesterday when President Assad of Syria said one of the team's members, U.N.envoy Terje Roed-Larsen, would not be welcome in Damascus.
            Latest reports state that the UN team gave up and are returning to NY without going to Syria....

It seems that Terje Roed-Larsen is quilty of having authored UN reports that were critical of Syria....

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
              Thats what I was thinking, it's what the Iranians & Syrians want, what better way to force the Arab states to 'join the fight'.

Comment

BREAKING - this could be the straw that breaks the camels back..?

http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...ead.php?t=9212

Comment

Tom, nothing comes up for that link!! Gotta know what you're talking about!

Comment

I think 9212 (the thread number) was the one I just merged into the main Hizbullah thread. Once it is merged the thread number ceases to exist and it just becomes part of the main thread.

Comment

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=107746

This just went up on another site as a breaking story - maybe it's old news from last night? - I took the night off for a change - sorry if it's a false alarm

Comment

Syria bars UN team seeking end to Mideast attacks

Syria barred a U.N. mission to the Middle East unless it excluded one of its members, Norwegian Terje Roed-Larsen, the U.N. adviser on Syria-Lebanon issues, a U.N. official said on Wednesday.

Mark Malloch Brown, the deputy secretary-general, told reporters the mission decided not to go to Damascus because it urgently needed to return to New York to brief the U.N. Security Council on a flurry of diplomatic initiatives.

"The mission did plan to go to Syria and one of the issues we would have had to grapple with is what to do with Roed-Larsen," Malloch Brown said. "What would have been a tough choice is one we did not have to make."

Damascus, diplomats said, had barred Roed-Larsen because of his previous reports on Security Council resolutions demanding Syrian forces withdraw from Lebanon and militia disarm. His reports have also cited weapons flowing to Lebanon's Hizbollah militia across the Syrian border.

more
                        http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N19243407.htm

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                          http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=107746

This just went up on another site as a breaking story - maybe it's old news from last night? - I took the night off for a change - sorry if it's a false alarm
                          FWIW....Fox Shephard Smith said for some reason there has not been any firing of rockets for the last hour and they don't know what to make of it?

Comment

This guy is on a huge power trip! Arutz Sheva is usually pretty accurate--I'm going to go mine the web and see what else is out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
                              FWIW....Fox Shephard Smith said for some reason there has not been any firing of rockets for the last hour and they don't know what to make of it?

Thanks - hopefully it's because they have run out and are having a hard time getting more out of Syria (although I doubt it).

Hezbollah I believe now realizes that for them this is a fight to the death - i.e. either they "suceed" in making a huge blow on Israel that kills hundreds (and then call that victory) - or they wait and get pounded into the ground by the IDF

Comment

Tom,
                                Hezbollah I believe now realizes that for them this is a fight to the death - i.e. either they "suceed" in making a huge blow on Israel that kills hundreds (and then call that victory) - or they wait and get pounded into the ground by the IDF
                                Makes you wonder what weapons they'll choose out of Syria/Iran inventory.
                                Last edited by Julian4JC; 07-19-2006, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X