X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Israel VS Syria (THREADS MERGED)

Originally posted by TomT
    Now this report.... "me thinks" Israel is preparing for another move...

www.haaretz.com
    This is just a thought and I don't know - but can ground radar be used to watch for ships? If they take out costal radar does/can that help protect Israeli warships?

Comment

Re: DAMASCUS given 72hr. ultimatum by Israel

Originally posted by Twinkling-of-an-eye
      major escalation....So when did the 72 hours begin and end?
      Maybe on the 14, so maybe Sunday or Monday. Man! This just keeps escalating, could we really be at the end, I know I'm not ready to meet Jesus, but trust me, I've been trying to get right, He knows that, but what if after all these years, this is it people? Maybe spending the weekend getting right and not running all kinds of life erands might be in order, now obviously we have to run some, but...Who knows.

Comment

A Patriot missle has been deployed in Haifa...........they're getting ready for the mid-range one to come in.
        A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
        A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
          This is just a thought and I don't know - but can ground radar be used to watch for ships? If they take out costal radar does/can that help protect Israeli warships?
          Certainly the coastal radar - however "army" radar in northern Lebanon close to the Syrian border is a whole other matter...

Comment

Remember too, that this is the middle east and that wars vs. Israel happen here all the time. It has been quiet a bit and now this but another possibility is that :it is just another in a long series of conflicts.

If Damascus is blown up, what then? We can still be a fair ways off. My caution is to pray this through but not to get overly involved inthe hype of it all--its not a movie--I've been cautioned to be still and know that I AM
            GOD.
            Has anyone else had that message?

I've been feeling scattered and inattentive--overly so (I have a brain injury which gives me ADD symptoms and info processing challenges) but all this info has caused me to miss intimacy with God. I would like to have more clear direction and a clear role in honouring Him with knowledge I possess.

All the Glory to God in the Highest and on Earth peace through our Messiah Jesus Christ.

Comment

Well, I cant find it
              but there is a scripture that says something like "in the evening there will be sudden terror, but in the morning they(Israels enemies) are gone"

Comment

Originally posted by lewishb
                Well, I cant find it
                but there is a scripture that says something like "in the evening there will be sudden terror, but in the morning they(Israels enemies) are gone"
                Isa 17:14And behold at eveningtide trouble; [and] before the morning he [is] not. This [is] the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us.

Comment

The following map was on a Israeli news article from a few years ago, I saved it to my computer.

Comment

This tough: When the enemy comes in like a flood, He will raise up a standard. Standard--banner. One of the names of the LORD is the LoRD is my Banner. I would like to see this high and lifted up for the world to see .
                    He who guards Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. May many in Israel have ears to hear and eyes to see what the spirit is saying to them--us too.

Comment

Assad pledges Syrian help for Lebanon

Syria will put its resources at the disposal of Lebanon to help cope with Israeli attacks devastating the country, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad told Lebanese President Emile Lahoud by phone on Saturday.

The official news agency SANA said Assad expressed solidarity with Lebanon, where Israeli bombing has killed around 100 civilians since Hizbollah captured two Israeli soldiers in a cross-border operation on Wednesday.

It was the first comment by Assad since the confrontation began between Israel and Hizbollah, which is backed by Syria and Iran.
                      http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060715/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

Again vague as to the types of "resources"..?

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie W.
                        The following map was on a Israeli news article from a few years ago, I saved it to my computer.
                        http://www.geocities.com/sugarbear_woods/damascus2.jpg
                        Thanks - it really helps place into perspective the reasons as to why Israel would at some point decide that Damascus had to be taken out....

Comment

This almost sounds like a promise of troops and weapons, if so he just
                          commited Syria to the war, and begin his own demise. Let's see if in the
                          next day or so if we see Syrian troops heading toward Lebanon, my
                          guess is they will never be allowed to get there, or if they do they will
                          get a welcome they will regret.

Comment

This report from Bahrain tones it down to non-military

Al Assad affirms Syrian solidarity with Lebanon

http://english.bna.bh/?ID=47507

date: 15 07, 2006

Beirut, July 15, (BNA) Syrian President, Bashar Al Assad, on Saturday, expressed his country's full solidarity with Lebanon and offered to put all Syrian potentials at its disposal mainly to rescue and treat the injured, ensure food and medicine supplies and help restore the bridges destroyed by Israel.

In a telephone call to Lebanese President, Emile Lahoud, Al Assad also affirmed that Syria would accommodate the refugees and treat them like Syrians. Lahoud valued Al Assad's initiative, affirming that Lebanon will resist to and repel the Israeli aggressions thanks to internal unity and the solidarity of its brotherly and friendly states.

Comment

Jul. 15, 2006 20:20 | Updated Jul. 15, 2006 20:46
                              MoD to declare "special sec. situation"
                              By YAAKOV KATZ

Defense Minister Amir Peretz was expected on Saturday evening to declare a "special security situation" in Israel, enabling certain cities to be subject to martial law. The status constitutes the second highest level of alert before an emergency status.

Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Dan Halutz was expected to meet with Home Front Commander Yitzhak Gershon to discuss which cities would be covered by the directive.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                                Thanks - it really helps place into perspective the reasons as to why Israel would at some point decide that Damascus had to be taken out....
                                You're welcome. ON the top left hand side PIJ (political, military offfice of PIJ), what does PIJ stand for? My husband asked and I am having a blank moment

Comment

Working...
                                X