This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel VS Syria (THREADS MERGED)

Syria stated that it will come to the defense of Hizbullah and Lebanon, Fox News reported early Saturday.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Israel VS Syria (THREADS MERGED)

This is very SURREAL to read. Wow!

Report: Israel demands that Assad(Syrian leader) prevent Hezbollah attacks
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/738315.html

The London-based Al-Hayat newspaper reported Saturday that Israel issued an ultimatum to Syrian President Bashar Assad, according to which a regional war would erupt within 72 hours if Damascus does not prevent Hezbollah attacks

In recent days, senior U.S. administration officials, led by President George W. Bush blamed Syria for the escalation of violence in the region. Syria's ambassador to the U.S. regarded U.S. policy in the region as favoring Israel, which he said was not helping the situation.

According to analysts and senior officials in Syria, Damascus is aware of the threat of an Israeli strike. In recent days, senior officials warned Israel against attacking. Lawmaker Muhammad Habash stated that if Damascus is attacked, another front would open on the Golan Heights. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has warned Israel against attacking Syria.

"If the Zionist regime commits another stupid move and attacks Syria, this will be considered like attacking the whole Islamic world and this regime will receive a very fierce response," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying in a telephone conversation with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Comment

Re: DAMASCUS given 72hr. ultimatum by Israel

WOW! I just fell out of my chair.Thanks for the article!!! kennygg

Comment

Originally posted by kennygg
        WOW! I just fell out of my chair.Thanks for the article!!! kennygg
        Agree with Kennygg. This is just amazing. Could it be that our Lord is so close to returning! He is our strong tower. I have to remind myself of that as I read these threads, and pick myself back up from falling over as well.

Comment

major escalation....So when did the 72 hours begin and end?

Comment

So when did the 72 hours begin?
            Good question! It doesn't say.....but I certainly would like to know!

The last few days, I've had the feeling we are going to see Isisah 17 fulfilled soon. This declaration from Israel really makes it seem it could happen!

I also wonder....if Damascus becomes a ruinous heap....could that be the "hook in the jaw" for Russia to get involved.....to help "protect" the
            area???
            Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

Originally posted by JudyAnn
              Good question! It doesn't say.....but I certainly would like to know!

The last few days, I've had the feeling we are going to see Isisah 17 fulfilled soon. This declaration from Israel really makes it seem it could happen!

I also wonder....if Damascus becomes a ruinous heap....could that be the "hook in the jaw" for Russia to get involved.....to help "protect" the
              area???
              I wonder the same thing. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to think that Russia will help protect the area.

Comment

Israel VS Syria (THREADS MERGED)

Looks like it's time, folks.

I can NOT believe the times we are living in...

Comment

Re: Israel VS Syria (THREADS MERGED)

Since I'm out of the loop right now, I just stand in awe at what is going on!

Comment

Here's more on what Faith posted...........

Report: Israel gives Syria ultimatum
                    London-based Arabic language newspaper Al-Hayat says Israel gave Syria 72 hours to stop Hizbullah’s activity, bring about release of kidnapped IDF troops. ‘Israel will not end military activity until new situation created that will prevent Syria, Iran from using terror organizations to threaten its security,’ newspaper quotes Pentagon official as saying
                    Roee Nahmias

The London-based Arabic language newspaper Al-Hayat reported Saturday that “Washington has information according to which Israel gave Damascus 72 hours to stop Hizbullah’s activity along the Lebanon-Israel border and bring about the release the two kidnapped IDF soldiers or it would launch an offensive with disastrous consequences.”

The report said “a senior Pentagon source warned that should the Arab world and international community fail in the efforts to convince
                    Syria to pressure Hizbullah into releasing the soldiers and halt the current escalation Israel may attack targets in the country.”

Al-Hayat quoted the source as saying that “the US cannot rule out the possibility of an Israeli strike in Syria,” this despite the fact that the Bush administration has asked Israel to “refrain from any military activity that may result in civilian casualties.”

'Hizbullah made the same mistake'

The report also mentioned that President George W. Bush has repeatedly put much of the blame for the recent escalation on Syria.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...275886,00.html
                    A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
                    A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Oh my.....this is getting "weely" good Doc !!!

Comment

wow i am so excited, i bearly fell a sleep last night knowing that Damascus is on the israel's mind. And now this ultimatum, wow
                        great aritcle Faith!!

Comment

***** PLEASE READ ******

PLEASE keep the discussions in these threads unique to the title of the thread! What I mean is - if you want to give general comments on what's going on in the world, please put these comments in the main WeDG forum and keep these threads unique to news and comments SPECIFIC to the thread.

Does this make sense?

Thanks!!

Comment

Apparently IDF Denies Report............not sure what to believe now.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/738315.html

Last update - 18:05 15/07/2006

IDF officer: Israel has no plans to attack Syria

By Yoav Stern, Haaretz Correspondent, and News Agencies

Responding to a report in a pan-Arab daily newspaper that Israel presented Damascus with an ultimatum, an Israel Defense Forces officer said Saturday that targeting Syria is currently not on Israel's agenda.

"We're not a gang that shoots in every direction," the officer said. "It won't be right to bring Syria into the campaign."

The London-based Al-Hayat newspaper reported Saturday that Israel issued an ultimatum to Syrian President Bashar Assad, according to which a regional war would erupt within 72 hours if Damascus does not prevent Hezbollah attacks.

According to the report, a Pentagon source said that if Syria does not try to influence Hezbollah, Israel could bomb essential installations in Syria. The source neither confirmed nor denied rumors that Israel had given Damascus 72 hours to comply with international demands
                            A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
                            A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

I wonder if Israel may have made the "72 hour" statement full knowing that Solana would be there Saturday trying to bring peace to the region; or at least end the current conflict, and so they can use whatever he (Solana) does/says as a reason to stop what is going on but at the same time, they made a world renowned statement that let's the world know that they are to be taken seriously? Does that wording make sense?

On one hand, this could result in the Isaiah 17:1 thing concerning Damascus, which would certainly go bigger were that to happen but, on the other hand, it could just simmer down and be yet another step towards what we are all anticipating.

Issachar
                              The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Working...
                              X