This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel VS Hamas Part III

Let's start a new one on this battle front.

Re: Israel VS Hamas Part III

N1095A
    Default Re: Hezbollah kidnapped 2 IDF soldiers in clashes on Lebanon border (MERGED)
    Something is definitely going down. Olmert and co. have stunned me.

Is Israeli intelligence aware of something that was going down that is causing this much retaliation? I don't think I'm saying this right, but they are now fighting on two major fronts, plus the Syrian situation and who knows what next. They have bit off a ton....did intelligence show that these different terrorists groups were going to attempt to annihilate them in the very near future??? Sorry if that's a weird question.

Comment

Originally posted by fiddler
      Is Israeli intelligence aware of something that was going down that is causing this much retaliation? I don't think I'm saying this right, but they are now fighting on two major fronts, plus the Syrian situation and who knows what next. They have bit off a ton....did intelligence show that these different terrorists groups were going to attempt to annihilate them in the very near future??? Sorry if that's a weird question.
      Fiddler: those are my inner thoughts. Why else would the doves of power in Israel be moved to act so. Intelligence must have alerted them to something and they cannot go public with it. Remember that whenever Israel defends itself even slightly they are critized by teh international community and their friends. But things have been strangely quiet in all this. Almost like some of that community is wishing and condoning Israel's actions but not wanting to overtly be seen as doing so (oil). Its such very lately that some critizism is starting from the expected places ie. France (glad they didnt win the W. cup!) and UN Mr. Annan and buddies feeding at the trough of nations

Comment

A war Israel must win

If Hamas, Hizbullah win war they have declared, Zionist project is nearing end of its days

This is no competition of false machismo. This is a fateful decision: Even if these two radical Islamic movements gain symbolic propaganda victories – it could free other enemies around the Middle East. The need to win this war is absolute. There can be no debate about it. .....

.......The more the gap widens between "we'll show you, this time we'll really teach you a lesson" and Israel's actions on the ground, the more Israel's soft underbelly will be exposed.

The choice is either to close the gap between declaration and action, or to stop bragging and boasting. We must speak quietly, say little, and tell the truth: Israel has a right to know exactly where this government is leading the country, before battle and death give the government very limited credibility.
        http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...274844,00.html

Comment

It is not a question that only you have asked yourself. I believe they had intelligence something was coming. Where those soldiers were, they had been warned of possible kidnappings. NOW...that said, what has driven this to spiral? It seems as though...and THIS IS SCARY...this is a set up by those who seek to destroy Israel...especiallyIran, set them up and create a "validation" to respond. They seem to be baiting Israel, baiting her and trying to lure her into something very big that they have planned...otherwise, why has the fight back by Hezbollah and Co. not been very strong?

I'd be more afraid of where they are luring her, except I know that He who watches over Israel never slumbers nor sleeps and I am getting an impressing or feeling that God is going to answer all our and Israel's prayers that are being sent, and the "whatever" they plan on pouring out on Israel is going to fall back on their own heads! That seems to be the theme in these Psalms that I have said I have started reading outloud. Ps. 107, 108, 109, 7, 2, 34, 35, 36, 37 and of course 91 and 2. I read them outloud as prayers as they were written by David with under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, so I feel I am really praying in His will when I am reading these and adding at the end prayers for both of our leaders, troops and for those who are still not saved. AND...praising Him when I see His hand move...like the US vetoing the UN Resolution!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Comment

Wow...FoxNews is saying that Hezbollah denies firing the missle that reached Haifa...NOW Israel has said that the missle was from Iran AND fired by Iranian guards fighting WITH Hezbollah on the border!!!!!

Edited to clarify my comment...The Iranian rocket was fired from Lebanon by Iranian guards who are in Lebanon working side by side with Hezbollah...I didn't mean to imply "Iran" the country was "overtly" fighting in this. I hope that makes sense.
            Last edited by Biblenuggetlady; 07-13-2006, 06:33 PM.

Comment

If they got proof of the Iran involvement, Israel needs to go to the UN right now before things get outta hand.
              Also, if Iran is involved, I hope Bush stands up and goes to bat for Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
                Wow...FoxNews is saying that Hezbollah denies firing the missle that reached Haifa...NOW Israel has said that the missle was from Iran AND fired by Iranian guards fighting WITH Hezbollah on the border!!!!!

I just heard the same thing...I thought that was odd that Hezbollah is claiming the credit. Something else is definitly going on IMHO...

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady

Edited to clarify my comment...The Iranian rocket was fired from Lebanon by Iranian guards who are in Lebanon working side by side with Hezbollah...I didn't mean to imply "Iran" the country was "overtly" fighting in this. I hope that makes sense.
                  Any news sources on this???

Comment

Re: Any Russian involvment??

I had heard a brief statement around midday that Russian was sending a number of troops/ships south to help contain the problem....Was switching between CNN, MSNBC and FOX, but have never heard this again or seen in print. Did anyone else see/hear this????

Comment

Originally posted by VickiV
                      I had heard a brief statement around midday that Russian was sending a number of troops/ships south to help contain the problem....Was switching between CNN, MSNBC and FOX, but have never heard this again or seen in print. Did anyone else see/hear this????
                      No - but it would be big news is accurate....?

Google news search brings up nothing on this?

Comment

Syrian forces

Brother Tom,

Thanks again for keeping us udated on the current crisis!

I was wondering what condition is the Syrian Air Force in? I mean can they put up a decent fight or are they old soviet technolgy that's in disrepair?

Comment

Re: Syrian forces

Originally posted by SGT JP
                          Brother Tom,

Thanks again for keeping us udated on the current crisis!

I was wondering what condition is the Syrian Air Force in? I mean can they put up a decent fight or are they old soviet technolgy that's in disrepair?

As you are aware in prior ME wars the IAF (while loosing aircraft) really kicked the heck out of Egypt and Syrian air forces - and presumably would do so again -

Syria might do more damage to the IAF with their anti-aircraft missle systems?

Due to the high security level on everything military the past and the present of the Syrian Arab Air Force is still pretty foggy.

This makes it hard to judge the real strength of the air force today.

It is known that the Syrians are equipped with MiG-25s which are most likely going to be upgraded to the latest M version and the main task of these birds would then be the destruction of AWACS aircraft.

Of the many MiG-21's and MiG-23's delivered most likely only a few are currently operational.

After the death of Hafez al Assad (his son taking over from him) the Syrians strengthened their ties with the Russians and delivery of new MiG-29s were a result of it. So far only a few MiG-29s are delivered and they are apparently based at two bases, one being close to Turkey (still one of the biggest enemies of Syria) and the other is located in the Damascus area. More Russian deliveries are rumoured.
                          http://www.scramble.nl/sy.htm

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                            No - but it would be big news is accurate....?

Google news search brings up nothing on this?
                            Okay...I finally found what it is that I thought I heard today. (FOX) A few days ago apparently some Israeli diplomate asked Russia to get involved before things progressed further.

Guess that's kind of like asking the fox to come down to the chicken coop to help keep the family dog out.

Comment

Originally posted by VickiV
                              Okay...I finally found what it is that I thought I heard today. (FOX) A few days ago apparently some Israeli diplomate asked Russia to get involved before things progressed further.

Guess that's kind of like asking the fox to come down to the chicken coop to help keep the family dog out.
                              You had me scared for a minute - I Russia starts moving troops that direction I believe ite US would have to do the same

Comment

Working...
                              X