Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel VS Hiz-Bullies Part II (MERGED THREAD)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Israel VS Hiz-Bullies Part II

Notice on DEBKA that Egypts Air Sinai had cancelled flights into Israel to
    protest Israels actions. I don't know if this airline is goverment owned, but
    I wonder if the goverment ordered the action.

Comment

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/ShTickers.html

20:24 PMO official: Those who fire into a densely populated area will pay heavy price (AP)

20:15 No injuries reported in Haifa rocket strike (Haaretz)

20:14 Rocket hits residential building in Safed (Channel 10)

20:13 Four Katyusha rockets hit Safed (Haaretz)

20:12 Katyusha rocket hits Stella Maris in Haifa (Haaretz)

20:02 Report: Hezbollah rockets strike Haifa (Channel 10)

19:48 One person hurt as rockets fired from Lebanon hit group of journalists in Nahariya (AP)

19:47 Katyusha rocket hit on Nahariya building (Haaretz)

19:32 Hezbollah renews Katyusha fire on Nahariya (Haaretz)

19:31 Syria opens its borders to tourists fleeing Lebanon (Reuters)
      If I were a tourist, I would continue running to Turkey with no pitstops along the way.
      19:23 Iraqi parliament speaker: Jews are financing acts of violence in Iraq (AP)
      What the??????????????????????

Comment

As expected........

IDF strikes Beirut-Damascus road

Jul. 13, 2006 8:12 | Updated Jul. 13, 2006 19:20

The IDF struck on Thursday the Beirut-Damascus road. The road served as the main access between Lebanon and Syria, along which people and weapons were transferred into Lebanon.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Comment

Originally posted by Ready2beraptured
          [url]

19:31 Syria opens its borders to tourists fleeing Lebanon (Reuters)
          If I were a tourist, I would continue running to Turkey with no pitstops along the way.
          19:23 Iraqi parliament speaker: Jews are financing acts of violence in Iraq (AP)
          What the??????????????????????

I think I would feel safer going south into Israel than going into Syria
          at the moment, got a feeling that it may not be a very good night
          in Damasacus.

Comment

There was an "Islamic" rep and an "Israeli" (Ahlon Somebody) rep, sorry didn't get the names or organizations...but the "Islamic" rep said that this only proves that the "moderate Islamic" people have gotten nowhere with the West and that they have weekened the Islamic countries and it is time to face the fact that the "more radical" Islamic groups are who the West and world need to deal with and put into power in these countries like "Palestine", not the likes of Abbas. It seems like there's been a pivital turn and the "radical" side of Islam is finally showing the world it's face.

Comment

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/ShTickers.html

20:54 Lebanon asks UN Security Council to call cease-fire with Israel, lift siege (AP)

20:49 Israel says concerned by EU`s disproportionate use of one-sided language (Reuters)

20:47 Israeli diplomat: Rocket strike on Haifa a `major, major escalation` (Reuters)

20:46 IDF orders residents of Haifa and the north to stay near home, listen to radios (Ch. 10)

20:45 Israeli diplomat in U.S.: Iran, Syria `playing with fire,` will face consequences (Reuters)

20:35 Hezbollah denies firing Katyusha rockets at Haifa (Haaretz)

Comment

U.S. Blames Iran, Syria for Attacks
                on Israel, But Russia Could
                Be the Real Culprit

The United States has publicly pointed the finger of blame for the terrorist attacks against Israel squarely at Iran and Syria, but ultimately there is a powerful source of unrest that is responsible for the financial, technological and military sustenance of Syria, Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah that has yet been unnamed—Russia,

The White House condemned the attacks on Israel by leaving out Russia and by laying blame elsewhere in saying, “We also hold Syria and Iran, which have provided long-standing support for Hezbollah, responsible for today's violence.” State Department Spokesman Sean McCormack linked Hamas and Hezbollah in his statement, “there is that linkage between Damascus and Hezbollah. There's also a linkage between Damascus and Hamas…So very clearly these are attempts by those in the region who want to derail any possibility of reconciliation between the Israeli Government and the Palestinian people.”

more
                http://www.watch.org/showart.php3?id...wsubj=1&mcat=1

Comment

I'm sure we've all been thinking this but - I have a feeling the US is about to get hit - and hit hard.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Andy. Time will tell.

_

Comment

what do you have in mind when you say the U.S. is about to get hit?

terrorism?

Comment

Originally posted by sojourner52

terrorism?
                        My guess is some type of terriorist attack, or a series of attacks.

Comment

Why now? Is it because our president stood up for Israel in his recent remarks?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ready2beraptured

Am I imagining this or am I correct in remembering Ahmedinijad warning we could be hit with suicide bombers within our borders? If (and when?) we enter this conflict I wonder if this will become true....or again, is this just my imagination?

from the Hezbollah in the USA thread......

Comment

Originally posted by sojourner52

terrorism?
                              Most definitely. I believe these other attacks around the world are "practice" in a way. India was the most successful - they are mastering their methods of attack. Sooner or later they will hit the US and it's my opinion it will be the most coordinated, effective and devistating hit the world has seen to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkling-of-an-eye
                                Why now? Is it because our president stood up for Israel in his recent remarks?
                                1. I imagine it will be either be because:
                                2. of our support of Israel
                                3. because they are trying to provoke us into war
                                4. preemptive strike against us
                                5. or it will occur after we (potentially) enter the conflict
                                6. or all of the above.

Comment

Working...
                                X