X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hezbollah claims to have kidnapped 2 IDF soldiers in clashes on Lebanon border

13:57 IDF says all hope lost of retrieving abducted soldiers with ground forces (Channel 10)

What does this mean? They will "set back Lebanon's clock" and sacrafice their soldiers?

Comment

Re: Hezbollah claims to have kidnapped 2 IDF soldiers in clashes on Lebanon border

www.haaretz.com

Events continue to move very rapidly....

14:21 IAF warplanes flying over Lebanese capital of Beirut (Channel 10)

14:17 EU demands immediate release of IDF soldiers captured by Hezbollah (AP)

14:06 Britain: Hezbollah attacks `will further escalate already tense situation` (Haaretz)

13:57 IDF says all hope lost of retrieving abducted soldiers with ground forces (Channel 10)

13:37 Hezbollah says it destroyed an IDF tank in Lebanon (AP)

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady

What does this mean? They will "set back Lebanon's clock" and sacrifice their soldiers?
        To me it's a threat of all out war against Lebanon - setting back their clock 20 years would place them in the same situation they were in during the 1980s when the US sent in the Marines, etc - i.e. split into waring factions - no ruling central gov't

Comment

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/737744.html

Last update - 14:55 12/07/2006

ANALYSIS: Israel prepares for a wide military escalation

By Amos Harel

On the 18th day since the abduction of Corporal Gilad Shalit the picture becomes all the more complex: From limited fighting on a single front (the Gaza Strip) the Israel Defense Forces is approaching what might evolve into nearly an outright war on two fronts.

This is the most intricate crisis Israel has faced since the Defensive Shield operation in 2002, when Israel curbed with success Hezbollah's bid to spark a confrontation on the northern border in response to the conquest of West Bank cities by the IDF.

The winning formula for resolving the crisis consisted of military actions combined with diplomatic pressure.

In some respects, however, the situation is even more complicated now than what it was in 2002, because terror groups are holding three adducted soldiers captive: Gilad Shalit in the Gaza Strip, and two other soldiers who were kidnapped Wednesday morning on the northern border.

The attack on Israel is an impressive military achievement for Hezbollah and a ringing failure for the IDF. Despite intelligence analyses, despite the wide operational deployment, Hezbollah has succeeded in carrying out its threat of more than two years, at the most sensitive timing from Israel's perspective.

Up to this moment Israel responded with restraint by bombarding bridges in central Lebanon and attacking Hezbollah positions along the border. But the nature of the information leaked from the military high command's current evaluations, it is clear that the IDF is interested in inflicting a much deeper blow on Lebanon.

Senior officers say that the Lebanese government is responsible for the soldiers' abduction. According to the officers, if the kidnapped soldiers are not returned alive and well, the Lebanese civilian infrastructures will be taken back in time 20 and maybe 50 years.
          A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
          A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Wow...woke up to this news...amazing!! Thanks everyone for keeping this updated so very, very well!!

Wow!!! Lots of prayer going up for Israel.

Comment

I think it's funny (odd, not ha ha) that the Hezbolah is claiming that Israeli's are using "new weapons." Isn't that the point? If you want an advantage over your enemy, you use new technology they aren't aware of.
              I'm wondering what it is though, if these people are being killed without a single piece of shrapnel to be found.
              That in itself should scare Hezbolah, but I doubt it.
              Maybe setting it back 20 years refers to a new weapon they have, that could wipe out electronic stuff.
              These guys are on the edge of technology, no question about that.
              So we won't know unless they use it.

Comment

From another perspective, however, the opening of a new front somewhat eases Israel's dilemma. It now seems that the government may be able to stop acting like it is walking on eggshells, as it has thus far.
                http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/737744.html

Sounds about right to me...?

Comment

www.haaretz.com News Updates

16:06 Hezbollah`s Nasrallah to hold 5 P.M. press conference on captured soldiers (Haaretz)

15:50 Germany condemns capture of 2 soldiers as `irresponsible,` urges their release (AP)

15:46 IAF strike kills three Palestinians laying explosives near Khan Yunis (Haaretz)

15:43 Hamas praises Hezbollah for kidnapping two soldiers on northern border (AFP)

15:25 PM: Response to Hezbollah attack `will be restrained, but very, very, very painful` (AP)

14:44 Syria says Israel deserves Hezbollah attacks (Reuters)

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                    www.haaretz.com News Updates

16:06 Hezbollah`s Nasrallah to hold 5 P.M. press conference on captured soldiers (Haaretz)

15:50 Germany condemns capture of 2 soldiers as `irresponsible,` urges their release (AP)

15:46 IAF strike kills three Palestinians laying explosives near Khan Yunis (Haaretz)

15:43 Hamas praises Hezbollah for kidnapping two soldiers on northern border (AFP)

15:25 PM: Response to Hezbollah attack `will be restrained, but very, very, very painful` (AP)

14:44 Syria says Israel deserves Hezbollah attacks (Reuters)
                    TomT - This is a little off topic, but I have a question for you: When do you ever get any sleep? You seem to be on this stuff 24/7. I love it; Keep it up!

Comment

Israelis Ordered Into Bomb Shelters in Nor

http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=107094

Israelis Ordered Into Bomb Shelters in North

(IsraelNN.com) Residents in northern Israeli communities were ordered into bomb shelters on Wednesday in the wake of massive shelling on Israel’s northern border by terrorist organization Hizbullah.

Two soldiers were kidnapped by members of the terror organization. Their whereabouts are unknown. Hizbullah is calling for negotiations on a prisoner exchange deal.

Comment

Originally posted by imready
                        TomT - This is a little off topic, but I have a question for you: When do you ever get any sleep? You seem to be on this stuff 24/7. I love it; Keep it up!
                        Actually I woke up at 3am and had the sense that something big was developing with respect to Israel - I could not go back to sleep and finally got up to log and see what was happening - and lo and behold...

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                          Actually I woke up at 3am and had the sense that something big was developing with respect to Israel - I could not go back to sleep and finally got up to log and see what was happening - and lo and behold...
                          Ah - one of those "Holy Spirit Wakings". I've had a few of those over the years.

I get the distinct feeling Israel is going to find itself spread real thin, real soon - and will be FORCED to use more sophisticated weaponry to achieve much more rapid victories. I don't know if it'll be nukes or neutrons but they simply can not withstand a long, drawn-out conventional ground war against all of their enemies on every side. Shear numbers alone will crush them. Since we know this can't happen something has to change in how this plays out (other than the logical conclusion).

It's going to be wonderful to watch how God protects His chosen nation.

Comment

I'm going to stick this thread, too. Let's keep all articles relating to the conflict with LEBANON to this thread (versus Gaza).

Comment

IAF attacks 30 targets in southern Lebanon

IDF sources reported that the Israel Air Force has attacked more than 30 targets in southern Lebanon since Wednesday morning.

Earlier, the Al-Arabia news agency reported that IAF planes were circling over the Lebanese capital of Beirut. According to another report, from Lebanese news agency, LBC, the IAF attacked Hizbullah targets in Tyre, in southern Lebanon. (Hanan Greenberg)
                              http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...274561,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                                I'm going to stick this thread, too. Let's keep all articles relating to the conflict with LEBANON to this thread (versus Gaza).
                                Great idea - this is shaping up to be a two-front war (so far)

Comment

Working...
                                X