Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel VS Hamas - Part II (Merged Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NEW Sticky: Israel and Gaza - The Saga Continues! (MERGED)

Originally posted by Debbie W.
    Shalom sends warning to government in Damascus

All the weapons that are being used come through Damascus. Damascus must know that we cannot tolerate this.

"We must act immediately, said Shalom.
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
    Wow - great find..... amazing.....

Comment

I was watching Fox News and they interviewed the former Ambassador to Morocco--I can't remember his name but you would all know it. He stated that it is obvious that both Iran (through Syria) is pulling the strings on all of this action. That may not come as a surprise to us, but to hear someone who is considered an "authority" say it was quite a shock to me.

BTW Tom, you are flying thru the Avatars again, Bro. Where do you find all of those cool things?

Comment

Originally posted by Glorify Him
        I was watching Fox News and they interviewed the former Ambassador to Morocco--I can't remember his name but you would all know it. He stated that it is obvious that both Iran (through Syria) is pulling the strings on all of this action. That may not come as a surprise to us, but to hear someone who is considered an "authority" say it was quite a shock to me.

BTW Tom, you are flying thru the Avatars again, Bro. Where do you find all of those cool things?
        Hear and there...

The "writing" says Shalom to our Arab Friends...

Comment

Yes, I saw the writing and that is what caused me to ask. Gives a whole new meaning to Shalom, doncha think?

Comment

DEBKAfile reports: Iran’s national security adviser Ali Larijani flies to Damascus aboad special military plane Wednesday night as war tension builds up around Hizballah kidnap of 2 Israeli soldiers

Larijani is also Iran’s senior nuclear negotiator. He will remain in Damascus for the duration of the crisis in line with the recently Iranian-Syrian mutual defense pact. His presence affirms that an Israeli attack on Syria will be deemed an assault on Iran. It also links the Israeli hostage crisis to Iran’s nuclear standoff with the West.

The White House released a statement holding Syria and Iran responsible for Hizballah abduction and demanding their immediate and unconditional release.

The Syrian army has been put on a state of preparedness.

DEBKAfile’s military sources add that the Iranian air force, missile units and navy are also on high alert.

More....

Comment

Originally posted by kennygg
              DEBKAfile reports: Iran’s national security adviser Ali Larijani flies to Damascus aboad special military plane Wednesday night as war tension builds up around Hizballah kidnap of 2 Israeli soldiers

Larijani is also Iran’s senior nuclear negotiator. He will remain in Damascus for the duration of the crisis in line with the recently Iranian-Syrian mutual defense pact. His presence affirms that an Israeli attack on Syria will be deemed an assault on Iran. It also links the Israeli hostage crisis to Iran’s nuclear standoff with the West.

The White House released a statement holding Syria and Iran responsible for Hizballah abduction and demanding their immediate and unconditional release.

The Syrian army has been put on a state of preparedness.

DEBKAfile’s military sources add that the Iranian air force, missile units and navy are also on high alert.

More....
              Well, there is the Iran link. This looks more like all of their neighbors are getting into the act. I wonder if the rest of the Arab world will join now.

Bluejaye

Comment

Following his trip to Brussels, Belgium, to discuss the nuclear deal, Iran's national security chief, Ali Larijani, made his way to Damascus on July 11 to meet Syrian Vice President Farouk al-Shara to reaffirm Iran's commitment to Syria and stress the importance of the Hezbollah attack as a way to signal Israel that Syria is not letting go of its potent militant asset.

Moreover, military cooperation between Iran and Syria has been significantly bolstered in recent weeks.

According to the London daily Asharq Al-Awsat, "Iran has agreed to finance Syrian military deals with Russia, China and Ukraine, to equip the Syrian army with cannon, warheads, army vehicles and missiles manufactured by the Iranian Defense Industries, and to enable Syrian navy drills. Syria, on its part, has renewed its previous agreements with Iran which allow Iranian ammunition trucks to pass [through Syria] into Lebanon."
                http://www.stratfor.com/products/pre....php?id=269018

Comment

I have not read or heard of any reaction from Egypt, I wonder how long
                  they will set on the sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennken
                    I have not read or heard of any reaction from Egypt, I wonder how long
                    they will set on the sidelines.
                    My own guess is that they would be the last to jump in... certainly not ahead of Syria or Iran

Comment

Hamas leader badly hurt in Israeli bombing

By THOMAS WAGNER and SARAH EL DEEB, Associated Press Writers
                      33 minutes ago

A Hamas militant leader who has topped Israel's most-wanted list for a decade was badly wounded and underwent four hours of spinal surgery Wednesday after being wounded in an Israeli airstrike, security officials said.

The top fugitive, Mohammed Deif, could end up paralyzed, Palestinian security officials said on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss his condition. Wednesday's blast marked the army's fourth attempt to kill Deif, held responsible for suicide bombings in Israel. In a 2002 missile strike, he lost an eye.

.......Nine members of one family were killed in Wednesday's airstrike, with an Israeli F-16 warplane dropping a quarter-ton bomb on a home in a crowded Gaza City neighborhood. The strike was by far the deadliest in Israel's 15-day military campaign in Gaza, launched after Hamas-allied militants kidnapped an Israeli soldier.

Israel's air force targeted the two-story house of Nabil Abu Salmiyeh, a Hamas activist and university lecturer, after getting intelligence information that the leaders of Hamas' military wing, responsible for the abduction of the soldier, were meeting there. Palestinian security officials said seven or eight top Hamas officials were present.
                      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060713/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

Comment

How long before these thread(s) become the Arab/Israeli war thread since it its getting way beyond Gaza?

Comment

Originally posted by kennygg
                          How long before these thread(s) become the Arab/Israeli war thread since it its getting way beyond Gaza?
                          My money is on sunrise day after tomorrow....

Comment

I say...can't we start a new thread.... "Israel at War" or something and just have one link to go to now that this is unfolding the way it is. I can't keep up with all these threads going now?

Comment

DITTO!!

Comment

On FoxNews, I caught Ollie North speaking with Hannity...about the only "news personality" that "gets it". He was trying to stress the importance of what is going on with Israel and Ollie said..."Damascus, be afraid...be very afraid"!

Comment

Working...
                                X