Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel VS Hamas - Part II (Merged Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW Sticky: Israel and Gaza - The Saga Continues! (MERGED)

TURKEY: ANKARA IN TALKS WITH SYRIA OVER MIDDLE EAST CRISIS

Istanbul, 4 July (AKI) - As a crisis deepened in the Middle East .... Turkey has sent a special envoy to meet Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad in a bid to defuse a crisis between Israel and the Palestinians......

.....Before sending the envoy to Damascus, Erdogan spoke over the telephone with US president George W. Bush and UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, as well as Israeli and Palestinian leaders.

Syria is under fire for sheltering leaders of the Palestinian movement Hamas......

Israel has threatened to kill Hamas leaders, including its leader Khaled Meshaal, who lives in exile in Damascus.
    http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level_En...17504527&par=0

Comment

Last update - 03:27 05/07/2006

IAF strikes PA Interior Ministry; (for the 2nd time) three wounded

By Amos Harel, Haaretz Correspondent

Israel Air Force missiles tore through the Palestinian Interior Ministry in Gaza before dawn on Wednesday, causing extensive damage and wounding at least three people....

....The IAF struck the same Interior Ministry complex on June 30.

The new raid largely destroyed the building and damaged adjacent apartments, where medics rushed children suffering from shock to hospital.

Another IAF air strike targeted an empty school in northern Gaza which an IDF spokeswoman said was used by Hamas activists at night. There were no reports of injuries.

IAF earlier Wednesday attacked a training base used by Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, but the facility had been evacuated and no one was hurt, witnesses said.
      http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/734653.html

Comment

Originally posted by JackieJ
        I happen to be sitting at work on this fourth of July, and believe it or not I work in the Labor and Delivery department at my local hospital. I know all about contractions and I would venture to say about the time the contractions start to be very painfull the woman is asking for something for pain. You are correct in that we see alot of contractions going on from all around us. And they are getting longer and more painful and I believe that it won't be long before the world is asking for something to ease the pain. Maybe in the form of a man who will claim he has the way to peace and the world will be in so much pain they will gladly receive him But now we have Israel and Gaza, Iran defying and getting on with the plan for world dominance. North Korea playing war and the whole world watching and holding their breath. But the thing that really catches my attention is the frequency because at work when we have a patient who comes in huffing and puffing we know that we are going to be delivering a baby and very soon. Ring any bells?
        The world is looking for a giant episiotomy but I don't think it's going to work. Perhaps the will try for the epidural next.

Comment

Jerusalem Post

IDF raises alert on Syrian borderThe IDF has raised the level of alert along the northern border with Syria out of fear that President Bashar Assad would launch a strike against Israel in response to a recent IAF buzz of his palace.

Syrian military forces, IDF officers confirmed Tuesday, have also gone on high alert, and the assumption in the IDF is that Assad would order a harsh military response if Israel decided to take additional steps against Damascus in relation to the kidnapping of Cpl. Gilad Shalit in the Gaza Strip.
          http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
          Each side keeps raising the stakes.

Comment

Maybe this is where Damascus will get what's coming to them....at some point according to the Bible they will.

Comment

Israeli Cabinet OKs deeper Gaza incursion
              1 hour, 1 minute ago

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Israel's Security Cabinet approved a deeper military incursion into the Gaza Strip Wednesday after Palestinian militants fired a rocket at a major Israeli city, an official at the meeting said.

The army has been given the green light to enter residential areas but will not reoccupy the Gaza Strip, the official said. He spoke on condition of anonymity because no official statement has been released from the meeting yet.
              http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060705/...l_palestinians

Comment

Israeli military to expand Gaza operation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060705/...l_palestinians

JERUSALEM - Israeli leaders stepped up a ground offensive in the Gaza Strip, authorizing troops Wednesday to move into residential areas and create a security zone to prevent militants from firing rockets into Israel. The Security Cabinet's decision indicated that Israel could be prepared to partially reoccupy Gaza, less than a year after withdrawing all troops and settlements from the coastal strip.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert convened the urgent meeting after militants from the ruling Hamas group fired a rocket into the southern Israeli city of Ashkelon late Tuesday. Although the attack caused no injuries, it was the first time a rocket has flown so far into Israel, signaling that militants have improved the range of the primitive weapons and escalating a crisis over a captured Israeli soldier.

Before the meeting, Olmert called the strike a "major escalation" and vowed harsh retaliation.

"There will be steps taken and they will be very serious," said Cabinet Minister Yitzhak Herzog. "There is a very broad operation here. It will continue."

Participants said the Security Cabinet authorized the army to enter densely populated residential areas, which militants often use for cover to fire rockets.

(excerpted though not req'd by Yahoo!)

Comment

Re: Israeli military to expand Gaza operation

It will be intersting to see what the other arab nations say about this,
                  they will probably issue some threats and warnings, but my guess
                  is for now they will rattle a lot of sabres.

Comment

Re: Israeli military to expand Gaza operation

Probably. They won't use their military unless they want to lose a lot more equipment and soldiers.

Comment

I doubt the other nations will jump in , unless they start getting serious
                      political pressure from there military and from militant clerics. The
                      Egyptians and Syrians have strong radical movements and they could
                      begin to stir up the public. I am sure the Syrians and Egyptians have
                      not forgotten there past clashes with Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennken
                        I doubt the other nations will jump in , unless they start getting serious
                        political pressure from there military and from militant clerics. The
                        Egyptians and Syrians have strong radical movements and they could
                        begin to stir up the public. I am sure the Syrians and Egyptians have
                        not forgotten there past clashes with Israel.
                        Although Syria and Egypt are much stronger now than they were in the '70's, especially Egypt thanks to the US. I doubt Israel could take an all-out offensive in the north and the south as well as deal with the palestinians.
                        Of course, thats were The LORD comes in! this is what the Arabs fail to factor in.

Comment

BIG NEWS!!

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50921

FROM WND'S JERUSALEM BUREAU
                          Hamas rocket attack 'act of war'
                          Missile hits strategic town, Israelis vow major response

Posted: July 5, 2006
                          11:22 a.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
                          © 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

JERUSALEM – A Hamas rocket fired yesterday at a high school in a southern Israeli town is viewed by top military echelon here as an "act of war" that will be met with an escalated operation in the Gaza Strip, a senior defense official told WorldNetDaily today.

The rocket was the first ever to land in central Ashkelon, a town of 120,000 residents that is home to Israel's main electric supply station and critical gas and oil pipelines. The rocket, an updated version of the Palestinian Qassam missile, was launched by militants only a fifth of a mile from Israeli ground troop concentrations stationed in Gaza.
                          The Qassam rocket yesterday hit Ashkelon's Ronson High School at about 7 p.m. Jerusalem time, causing damage but no casualties even though many parents and children were in the vicinity during the attack to register for the coming school year.

Hamas took credit for the attack.

The rocket bombardment was the farthest a Palestinian projectile had ever traveled – about eight miles. Regular Qassam rockets have a range of about three to five miles.

Israeli security officials said the Qassam used in yesterday's attack was an updated version, possessing two engines instead of one.
                          The situation keeps getting worse and worse. I'm expecially praying for the safety of the Israelis.

Comment

Yeah, and don't forget that this past year or two they've been warning Israel that they are building up bigtime and preparing for the big showdown. They've been saying they're getting upgrades and will soon be using WMDs against Israel. They included 'chemical' in their wording that was in the news. And they warned of using kidnapping as well. They said they have their goal to take all the land from the Jordan to the Mediterranean, and that they would NOT stop until that goal is accomplished. That's all of present day Israel left. God-given ISRAEL is actually a VERY LARGE area of land going up into present day Iraq, Syria, etc.

Anyway, I tend to think their enemies' primitive unguided rockets are more a deflection to what is building up behind-the-scenes, and also in Syria and Egypt as well. As they said Israel is soon in for a big SURPRISE. And IMHO, Israel KNOWING about the buildup and the Arab nation plans of using their Arab people in Israel to run Israel down from within to help accomplish it, is why they're doing what they're doing right now also. IMHO, I think Israel is doing what they're doing because of this much bigger reason right now. They've been getting some computers and files, etc. and must be getting some good intel w/that. They're very smart about this stuff and have prevented TONS of attacks, including what they explained would've been 'mega-attacks'.

Israel 'usually' knows when there's a new pattern playing out. Only God is all-knowing, but for earthly intelligence, I believe Israel is one of the very tops. While I don't trust their dovish leadership, I do know GOD is in control and said He makes leaders rise and fall and will use them all for HIS greater purposes. So, HIS plans laid out in the Bible will happen, and from the buildup going on and all the interesting 'meetings' of Arab nations w/each other and other 'enemy' nations, as well as Russia even, you can see the whole picture coming together right now. Intriguing days for sure.

Comment

Haaretz Updates

20:17 U.S. Marines struggle with Iraqi insurgents for control of Ramadi hospital (AP)

20:10 Unconfirmed report: Khaled Mashel and family leave Syria for Algeria (Channel 10)

19:50 UN expert says U.S., EU, others ignoring rights abuses by Israel (AP)

19:50 Rights group: Israel preventing families from visiting security prisoners (Haaretz)

19:21 Palestinians: IDF tanks enter additional area of northern Gaza Strip (Reuters)

19:05 Condoleezza Rice: `High time` for Hamas to free kidnapped IDF soldier (Reuters)

www.haaretz.com

I wonder if Mashel is realing leaving Syria or if they want Israel to think
                              he is, and if he is leaving is he doing on his own or being kicked out.

Comment

Arab League Transfers $50 Million to Abbas w/more $$$ on the way

Arab League Transfers $50 Million to Abbas

17:58 Jul 05, '06 / 9 Tammuz 5766

(IsraelNN.com) The Arab League transferred about $50 million directly to Palestinian Authority chairman, and head of the Fatah terrorist organization, Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) on Monday. The Saudi Arabian government is set to transfer another $50 million in coming days, according to Arab League officials.

http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=106662

Comment

Working...
                                X