Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli VS Hamas Part I (MERGED Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSNBC: Israeli forces push into Gaza, planes hit targets (MERGED)

Now that the dealine is passed, I notice the Kotel kam is now blacked out.

http://aish.com/wallcam/

Comment

The Islamic University from Fox News

Comment

They wanted to get wiped off of the face of the earth real bad.

Early Morning Kassam Rocket Attacks
        07:35 Jul 04, '06 / 8 Tammuz 5766

(IsraelNN.com)

Three Kassam rockets were fired at western Negev communities during the past hour. The rockets, which were launched from northern Gaza, landed in open areas without resulting in injuries.

IDF artillery fire has resumed in response to the rocket attacks.
        http://www.arutzsheva.org/news.php3?id=106548
        They have passed the deadline by 90 minutes and are still attacking.

Comment

So...I was wrong...again. Amazing, nothing seems to be "predictable" anymore...

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/734055.html

Three Palestinian militants wanted in connection with the abduction and killing of an Israeli youth last week surrendered to IDF troops early Tuesday morning in the West Bank city of Ramallah.

IDF soldiers surrounded a local Palestinian Authority police station where several wanted militants, including the three suspected of killing Eliyahu Asheri, had taken refuge.

The three men, Bassam Ktia, Hamze Taktouk and Hisham Kamangji, agreed to surrender to IDF troops after a three hour standoff, and were taken by Shin Bet officials for further questioning.

"We arrested three of the murderers," said one IDF source. "Forces came to the building of the Palestinian police. They called on them to come out. After a few hours they did come out. There was no shooting."

Comment

• Hamas Leader Mashal meets IRANIANS

Hamas Leader Mashal meets Iranians
            http://www.infolive.tv/index.php?id=82

Just a few hours before the Shalit ultimatum expired, Khaled Mashal leader of Hamas' Syrian branch came out of hiding to appear before Arab television cameras with Iranian leaders. Mashal had gone underground since the kidnapping of Cpl. Gilad Shalit.

The Iranian delegation reportedly came to Damascus in order, "To encourage the determined opposition to freeing the kidnapped solider without a deal on releasing [Palestinian] prisoners." Syrian President, Bashar Assad confirmed yesterday that he supported the Hamas demands for a prisoner swap...

(Notice how intricately they are all involved w/each other - the Palestinian Arabs, Syria, & Iran, etc...)

Comment

• Report: Israel, Palestinians close to Shalit deal

Report: Israel, Palestinians close to Shalit deal
              http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

The London-based Al-Hayat newspaper reported on Tuesday that Israel and the Palestinians were close to an agreement over kidnapped IDF soldier Cpl. Gilad Shalit...

Comment

There are reports of a deal but the latest word at this time...

PM reiterates refusal to negotiate with kidnappers

Olmert told the conference that he had instructed the army to continue with a ground offensive in the Gaza Strip aimed at freeing Shalit.

The soldiers' captors have demanded that Israel release hundreds of Palestinian prisoners, a condition Israel rules out. Egypt has been trying to mediate a solution
                http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Comment

fox has breaking news that Israel now says they will go after EVERYONE responsible for the kidnapping. as in syria? iran?

Comment

Olmert warns of "long war"

By Nidal al-Mughrabi
                    52 minutes ago

Israel warned the governing Palestinian faction Hamas that the "sky will fall on them" if they harm a captured soldier after a deadline passed on Tuesday for the Jewish state to accept a prisoner exchange.

While Israeli tanks and infantry massed along the Gaza Strip's northern border for a threatened ground incursion, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said the campaign to free Corporal Gilad Shalit could turn into "a long war."

Three Palestinian factions, among them the Hamas armed wing, pulled out of negotiations with Egyptian mediators trying to end the standoff over Shalit, a Hamas political leader said.

Israel rejected the 6 a.m. (0300 GMT) ultimatum set by the factions, which demanded that the Jewish state free 1,000 prisoners in exchange for Shalit.

But Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh of Hamas called on the factions to return to the negotiating table, putting himself at odds with militants who said further discussions over Shalit's fate were out of the question.

Haniyeh, whom Israel has hinted could be targeted for assassination, also urged militants to keep Shalit alive.

The factions had warned Israel that it will "bear full responsibility for future consequences" if their prisoner swap demands were not met.

Israel has given the army a green light to launch a deeper incursion into northern Gaza, though there was no indication when it might begin, the Maariv newspaper reported.

"This is a long war," Olmert said. "It requires lots of patience, sometimes endless restraint. We have to know when to clench our teeth and to deal a decisive blow."
                    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060704/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

Comment

This doesn't appear to be going in a "peaceful" direction.
                      I need to look up our man of the hour's activities. I did see where the EU was meeting on this crisis somewhere in a "weird" northern EU/Asian country. But i never went to the article to read it. I think I need to find it again.

Comment

Originally posted by sojourner52
                        fox has breaking news that Israel now says they will go after EVERYONE responsible for the kidnapping. as in syria? iran?
                        That's the way I heard it this morning. No matter where, it appears. That obviously includes Damascus, headquarters of the real Hamas leader.

It appears neither side is going to back down anytime soon. IMO, Israel will continue to raise the stakes and incease pressure, the only question being at what point will the Palestinians say "OK". But then, the Palestinians have that martyrdom - 72 virgins thing going on in their heads. They may not back down, at which time I believe Is 17 is a real possibility.

BTW, what happened to the second front that Hezbullah threatened to open on northern Israel?

WLNF

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060703...l_060703100016

There it is: FINLAND
                          "EU ready to make a contribution".....of course.

Comment

Originally posted by WasLostNowFound
                            That's the way I heard it this morning. No matter where, it appears. That obviously includes Damascus, headquarters of the real Hamas leader.

WLNF
                            http://www.interfax.com/17/171386/Interview.aspx

July 4 (Interfax) - Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni has warned the Syrian authorities that they will not escape responsibility for their support for the Hamas movement.

"The leadership of Hamas, which was granted political asylum in Syria, is also responsible for these terrorist attacks," Livni said in an interview with Interfax on Monday. Livni said she was speaking about the abduction of an Israeli serviceman and the murder of an 18-year-old Israeli.

"Syria, which supports this organization and has granted political asylum to its leaders, should understand that it will not escape responsibility for it. For this reason, I can say that each state should act in areas where it is able to produce an influence," the Israeli minister said.

22 minutes ago:

Israel blames Syria for crisis
                            04/07/2006 15:01 - (SA)

Jerusalem - Israel on Tuesday stepped up the pressure on arch-foe Damascus, accusing it of supporting Palestinian militants behind the capture of an Israeli soldier that has sparked a new crisis in the Middle East.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert ordered security forces to pursue military operations against the militants and those who command and shelter them, in a thinly veiled reference to Damascus.

"I gave the order to continue operations to strike terrorists, those who protect them and those who give them orders," he told a meeting of business leaders in the southern city of Beersheva.

"We will hit all terrorists. No one who attempts to harm the state of Israel will be spared," he said.

Israel has threatened to kill Hamas leaders based in Damascus and repeatedly demanded Syria take responsibility for sheltering Palestinian militants in the wake of the June 25 capture of its soldier on the Gaza border.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...962582,00.html

This is starting to sound serious!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                              In this scenario, where does the 11th verse of 38 fit in? Unprecidented peace - so much so that Israel completely lays down all defense.

I'm convinced God used 5 adjectives in that verse to paint a picture of peace such as Israel hasn't experienced since the days of Solomon (preceived peace, of course, we know it's not real).
                              I agree with you, however there are no indications in the verses that Is 17:12-14 "immediately" follow the destruction of Damascus. There are many times in the Bible, as you know, where there are time lapses without being explicitly stated. What better way for the Israelis to feel secure than to dessimate Damascus and destroy Hamas and Hezbullah and the other radical groups? If I were an Israeli and that happened, I'd definitely celebrate in the streets, tear down the wall and fences, and reoccupy all of the West Bank, Gaza, and Golan Heights. There may even be a period of unparalleled prosperity thrown in as well- "Have you come to take a spoil?"

WLNF

Comment

This thing is getting more serious each day or maybe by the hour. The
                                statement by Israel's P.M. this morning seems to point at Syrian and
                                maybe Iran being in there crosshairs. Our time on this earth may be
                                getting very short. The situation seems ripe for someone to step
                                in and declare peace(though temporary)

Comment

Working...
                                X