Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli VS Hamas Part I (MERGED Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSNBC: Israeli forces push into Gaza, planes hit targets (MERGED)

Saudi Leaders Draw a Parallel Between IDF and Nazi Germany
    01:21 Jul 04, '06 / 8 Tammuz 5766

(IsraelNN.com) Saudi Arabia government officials released a statement comparing IDF operations in Gaza with a concentration camp.

“Israel’s objective by refusing to enter into negotiations is to turn Palestinian Authority (PA) autonomous areas into a concentration camp in which Palestinians are found under curfew and starving. Israel has implemented the policy of collective punishment by cutting electric and water to Gaza areas,” read the Saudi statement.
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=106527

If the actual fighting gets as heated as the war of words and insults this could get pretty nasty..?

Comment

Originally posted by WasLostNowFound
      A few weeks ago, I started a thread called "Is Isaiah 17 tied to Ezekiel 38", where I used the above verses to show a possible connection. There wasn't much comment at that time, but I still feel a connection is possible.

Here's what I wrote in the thread: "Subsequent to the destruction of Damascus, it appears that the "nations" swarm into Israel (the "us" in the above verses), but God rebukes them, and destruction comes upon them in the evening, so that in the morning they are no more. Destruction comes upon those "that despoil us" (ASV says "despoil", KJ2000 says "plunder" ("Have you come to take a spoil?"). Sounds like the lead in to the Ez 38 war to me.

WLNF
      In this scenario, where does the 11th verse of 38 fit in? Unprecidented peace - so much so that Israel completely lays down all defense.

I'm convinced God used 5 adjectives in that verse to paint a picture of peace such as Israel hasn't experienced since the days of Solomon (preceived peace, of course, we know it's not real).

Comment

IAF strikes building at Islamic University in Gaza City

By Aluf Benn, Avi Issacharoff and Amir Oren, Haaretz Correspondents, and News Agencies

Israel Air Force planes early Tuesday launched missiles at an Islamic University building in Gaza City, Palestinians said.

Black smoke rose from the building, set on fire in the attack. There was no immediate word of casualties.

The University is considered a Hamas stronghold. The building, where the Hamas-dominated student council meets, was heavily damaged.
        http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/733789.html

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
          In this scenario, where does the 11th verse of 38 fit in? Unprecidented peace - so much so that Israel completely lays down all defense.

I'm convinced God used 5 adjectives in that verse to paint a picture of peace such as Israel hasn't experienced since the days of Solomon (preceived peace, of course, we know it's not real).

Place me in the Dr. McGee camp - i.e. this "peace" is the one that the AC formulates at the start of the tribulation period - and thus the Gog-Magog event is what sets off the tribulation wars of the last 3.5 years...

Comment

Perhaps this has been discussed here before, but I haven't seen it. Are the following scriptures a prophecy that relates to the present day situation we are seeing with Israel and the Pallistinians in Gaza and West Bank?

Zeph. 2:4,5
            4. Gaza will be abandoned
            and Ashkelon left in ruins.
            At midday Ashdod will be emptied
            and Ekron uprooted.
            5. Woe to you who live by the sea,
            O Kerethite people;
            the word of the LORD is against you,
            O Canaan, land of the Philistines.
            "I will destroy you,
            and none will be left."

Zech. 9:5,6
            5. Ashkelon will see it and fear;
            Gaza will writhe in agony,
            and Ekron too, for her hope will wither.
            Gaza will lose her king
            and Ashkelon will be deserted.
            6. Foreigners will occupy Ashdod,
            and I will cut off the pride of the Philistines.

Amos 1:6-8
            6. This is what the LORD says:
            "For three sins of Gaza,
            even for four, I will not turn back my wrath .
            Because she took captive whole communities
            and sold them to Edom,
            7. I will send fire upon the walls of Gaza
            that will consume her fortresses.
            8. I will destroy the king of Ashdod
            and the one who holds the scepter in Ashkelon.
            I will turn my hand against Ekron,
            till the last of the Philistines is dead,"
            says the Sovereign LORD.

It would seem that Israel abandoned Gaza last fall fulfilling the first part of Zeph. 2:4. With the people safely out, now destruction can come as the rest of the scriptures would indicate. If that is the case and after reading those verses, then things will get very serious in a hurry based on the day's events.

I would expect Syria to launch against Israel too as Gaza is being destroyed, leading to Isa. 17 being fulfilled. And then Iran into the act?

What do you think about the above scriptures? Are they for today?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy

Ezekiel 38:11
              And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

Israel's cities don't have walls and bars do they? Israel thinks they are dwelling safely at rest when they think they can:
              • Give up Gaza
              • Give up the west bank
              • Let Arabs in Jerusalem tread upon the temple mount
              • Let the hostile Arab invader have their own wannabe country inside the land of Israel

The may not be secure but they act as though they ar safer than other countries which do not have formal enemies. What about New Zealand? Who is trying to take them out right now? Would they let a bunch of thugs try and make a new country inside theirs? No, they wouldn't buty Israel thinks and/or acts more trusting and open than New Zealand.

Comment

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

http://www.debka.com/

Peretz is holding Assad responsible for Shalit's. Among other things he has said, "we will know how to strike those who are involved."

http://jta.org/page_view_breaking_story.asp?intid=3396

“I suggest to Bashar Assad, who is trying to turn a blind eye, that he open his eyes, as the responsibility is at his doorstep,”

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                  Place me in the Dr. McGee camp - i.e. this "peace" is the one that the AC formulates at the start of the tribulation period - and thus the Gog-Magog event is what sets off the tribulation wars of the last 3.5 years...
                  I tend to agree. God doesn't mince words and it's my opinion this peace is not a pseudo-peace like we've seen to date where sides sign "agreements" but yet Israel never lets down her guard. They haven't let down their guard since 1948 and it's my opinion that the ONLY thing that will cause that to happen is, like you say, the Anti-Christ. Such unprecidented peace right on the heels of a viscious war like Isaiah 17 (IF it's war that destroys Damascus - God doesn't say how it will be laid to ruin) just doesn't seem to fit, in my view (my opinion, of course).

Comment

Ezekiel 38:11

And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
                    The Israeli's against the dictates of the World Court, the UN and others are close to completing the separation wall - which was first started by the Israeli government in April 2002, and consists of a series of walls, trenches and barbed wire fences in the Palestinian West Bank - as well as a major wall that seperates Gaza from Israel....

of unwalled villages; = p@razah (Hebrew) = open region, hamlet, unwalled village, open country

to them that are at rest, = shaqat

1) to be quiet, be tranquil, be at peace, be quiet, rest, lie still, be undisturbed

a) (Qal)

1) to be quiet, be undisturbed

a) to be at peace (of land)

2) to be quiet, be inactive

b) (Hiphil)

1) to show quietness

a) quietness, display of quietness (subst)

2) to quiet, be quiet

3) to cause quietness, pacify, allay

safely, = betach 1) security, safety

without walls, = chowmah (root) surround - as a city wall

and having neither bars = b@riyach

1) bar

a) of wood

b) of city gates

2) of tribulation, a fortress

nor gates, = deleth

1) door, gate

a) a door

b) a gate

Note - all of the above @ www.blueletterbible.org

Comment

Thousands gather in Egypt, call for war against Israel

By LAUREN FRAYER
                      Associated Press writer

CAIRO, Egypt -- Several thousand protesters at one of Cairo's main mosques called Friday for holy war against Israel to help the Palestinians in their conflict with the Jewish state.

The Middle East on the Muslim day of prayer saw other few protests against Israel's offensive in Gaza, except for small rallies by hundreds in Palestinian refugee camps.

More than 3,000 people packed Al-Azhar Mosque, the most prominent institution in the Sunni Arab world, for prayers and a demonstration organized by the Egyptian government's top rival, the Muslim Brotherhood.

"Rulers of Arab countries, start holy war! God is great!" men shouted, their voices ringing through the rafters of the 1,000-year-old building.

Participants said they had little hope their governments would listen.

"We have a chronic problem in the Arab world; policies don't reflect what the people want. People inside the mosque say they will die to save Palestine, but our governments don't do anything to help," said Mohammed al-Zaeem, 36, a visiting Syrian.

.....Police agreed not to arrest protesters if they remained inside the mosque, said Abdel-Galil el-Sharnoubi, a member of the Brotherhood's political bureau.

....Clerics from Baghdad to Beirut referred to "American-Zionist terrorism" and a "war to annihilate the Palestinian people."

But Arab governments appeared eager not to enflame popular sentiment. Al-Azhar's government-appointed cleric conspicuously avoided the topic of Israeli-Palestinian fighting in his sermon.

"The U.S. supports Egypt with weapons and soldiers, so our government is paralyzed and unable to do anything," said worshipper Mahmoud Abu el-Bashir.
                      http://www.casperstartribune.net/art...9d006e5caa.txt

Comment

unwalled villiages? -from a different sort of proposal

Instead of two states side by side, why not one superimposed on the other?

There would be no need for security fences or barriers, no need for corridors or safe passages, and no need for checkpoints.

http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...ead.php?t=8809

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie W.
                          unwalled villiages? -from a different sort of proposal

Instead of two states side by side, why not one superimposed on the other?

There would be no need for security fences or barriers, no need for corridors or safe passages, and no need for checkpoints.

http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...ead.php?t=8809
                          Interesting article however I am hard-pressed to envision a situation where Israel would ever agree to that type of arrangement -

...so called land for peace, etc is the order of the day,

....however Israel knows full well that unless they separate themselves from the Arab population that within one to two generations (with the high Arab birth rates) that "Israel" as a nation would be taken over by Arabs with legal status and voting rights that would way outnumber the Jews

Comment

Deadline expires for captured Israeli soldier July 3, 10:00 pm Central time

A deadline set by Palestinian militants for Israel to free hundreds of prisoners in exchange for a captured soldier has expired with the Jewish state rejecting any swap.

Comment

Gaza faction says 'discussion closed' on soldier

One of the Palestinian terror groups that abducted an Israeli soldier said no further information would be given on the captive's fate after Israel refused to meet a deadline on Tuesday to free prisoners.

"Discussion is closed," said Abu al-Muthana, spokesman for the Islamic Army in the Gaza Strip.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...270810,00.html

Hamas sources said Western diplomats, whom they did not name, had told the group that Israel had prepared a 13-man hit list headed by exiled leader Khaled Meshaal and including Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh and Foreign Minister Mahmoud al-Zahar.
                              http://today.reuters.com/news/newsar...1-ArticlePage2

Comment

http://www.haaretz.com/

01:23 IAF aircraft launch missiles at Islamic University building in Gaza Strip (AP)

I thought this was an old story, but apparently happened early this am, picture of burning Univ. at Haaretz site...don't think this would go over well with the Pally-thugs and their sympothizers...

Comment

Working...
                                X