Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli VS Hamas Part I (MERGED Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSNBC: Israeli forces push into Gaza, planes hit targets (MERGED)

Originally posted by Tennken
    It sounds like this could be in the process of widening, if Egypt is giving
    warnings. The Israelis seem to be hitting a the heart of the P.A. goverment
    buildings, they may not be intending to wipe out the P.A. but they are
    going to seriously disrupt there goverment.
    Note that in all the Israeli bombing and shelling there is only one report of a wounded child....

Israel is bending over backwards not to actually engage the pally terrorists in any sort of a showdown fight to the finish - which IMO they may later regret not having done...

Comment

For months now we have been subjected to a daily barrage of lame-stream media reports citing various bleeding-heart groups, the UN, Abbas and Hamas, etc crying and screaming about the West cutting of 100s of millions in aid money and that this was so mean and cruel....

Now in the just posted NYTs article read carefully where the IDF went to "arrest" the Hamas leadership...

Jihad al-Wazir, the former Palestinian finance minister and deputy governor of the Palestine Monetary Authority, was one of those rousted out of bed early this morning by Israeli soldiers in combat gear who hammered with their feet on his door.

"I tried to calm them down, and said, 'Come in, come in,' said Mr. Wazir, who lives in the elegant Gemzo Suites apartment building in Ramallah, just across from the headquarters of the Fatah faction.

Numerous Hamas ministers and legislators of the government of the Palestinian Authority live there too, and they, like Mr. Wazir, were ordered to dress and come outside. Unlike Mr. Wazir, many of them were taken away, their hands cuffed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/29/wo...rtner=homepage

From the www:

Hotel name : Gemzo Suites
      Hotel rank : five stars

Comment

My heart bleeds for him, while most of the citizens are living in
        poverty the goverment officals are living in luxary.

Comment

You are right, it is good they are hitting at goverment and other material
          targets, but they should be hitting at the terriorist themselves. A
          suicide bomber does not need a building or lights.

NEWS ANALYSIS
          Israel's Gaza incursion just a big show?

Aaron Klein says PM Olmert afraid to order any significant operation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Posted: June 29, 2006
          6:26 p.m. Eastern

KIBBUTZ NAHAL OZ – In following most major media coverage of the events here the past few days, one would think Israel has been conducting a massive assault against the Gaza Strip.....

....Some Israeli ground troops entered the southern Gaza Strip but have not been authorized to conduct any operations there other than to remain on the ground.

The Israeli Air Force conducted a few surgical strikes of empty training camps and a bridge. Artillery was fired today at vacated sections of northern and southern Gaza, with one round hitting an electric facility
          http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=50854

Comment

Debka is reporting that the IDF leadership is furious at Perez for holding them back from any real action against the terrorists...

Israel’s Gaza Operation is put on hold Thursday – according to DEBKAfile’s exclusive sources by a deadlocked dispute between prime minister Olmert and defense minister Peretz ...

The armored forces and tanks which rolled into southern Gaza Tuesday night have been stationary for 24 hours, only directing desultory artillery fire at empty ground in the north.

.....Amir Peretz is blocking a swift and expeditious offensive urged by the prime minister’ Ehud Olmert and the IDF high command to rescue Gilead Shalit, the Israeli corporal kidnapped by Hamas Sunday, June 25, and eradicate the Qassam missile infrastructure.

Yet the prime minister is hesitating to pull rank and pass orders to the army over the defense minister’s head

.......PMO officials and top commanders are furious with the defense minister and take strong exception to his assertion Thursday: “We stand at one of the most significant moments for setting new game rules between us and terrorist elements in the Palestinian Authority.”

Terrorism is not a game, they say. Frustration with the defense minister was sensed in the speech delivered by the army chief Lt. Gen Dan Halutz
            http://www.debka.com/

Comment

Makes you wonder who is running the country. I would think if the
              defense minister would not carry out the prime ministers orders, he would
              be replaced with someone who would.

Comment

Makes you wonder who is running the country. I would think if the
                defense minister would not carry out the prime ministers orders, he would
                be replaced with someone who would.
                Then again the WND article also posted above claims it's "olmert" being the wimp?

Both Olmert and Perez are big time "doves" and between them don't have enough military background or knowledge to run a platoon of raw recruits....

Something in the back of my mind keeps setting off alarm bells that these IDF troops may become "setting ducks" for a massive assault of truck bombs full of explosives...?

On October 23, 1983, around 6:20 am, a yellow Mercedes-Benz delivery truck drove to Beirut International Airport.

It was at the airport where the 1st Battalion 8th Marines, under the U.S. 2nd Marine Division of the United States Marines, had set up their local headquarters. The truck turned onto an access road leading to the Marines' compound and circled a parking lot. The driver then accelerated and crashed through a barbed wire fence around parking lot, passed between two sentry posts, crashed through a gate, and barreled into the lobby of the Marine headquarters building. The Marine sentries at the gate had loaded pistols but were not able to stop the driver even though they shot at him. According to one Marine, the driver was smiling as he sped past him.

The suicide bomber detonated his explosives, which were equivalent to 12,000 pounds (about 5,400kg) of TNT. The force of the explosion collapsed the four-story cinder-block building into rubble, crushing to death many inside.

About twenty seconds later, an identical attack occurred against the barracks of the French Third Company of the Sixth French Parachute Infantry Regiment. A truck bomb drove down a ramp into the building's underground parking garage and exploded, levelling the headquarters.
                Rescue efforts continued for days. While the rescuers were at times hindered by sniper fire, some lucky survivors were pulled from the rubble and airlifted to Cyprus or West Germany.

The death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 Navy personnel, and 3 Army soldiers. 60 Americans were injured. In the attack on the French barracks, 58 paratroopers were killed, and 15 injured
                Most (notably the U.S. government) believe the Hezbollah militant group, backed by Iran and Syria, was responsible for the bombings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Be...rracks_bombing

So where does the IDF set up base?:

With bulldozers clearing they way of mines and bombs, IDF armor rolled in, taking up positions at the non-functional Gaza International Airport in the extreme southeastern corner of Gaza, just a few miles from Rafah.
                http://inbrief.threatswatch.org/2006...rain-idf-ente/

Comment

My heart bleeds for him, while most of the citizens are living in
                  poverty the goverment officals are living in luxary.
                  They are just following the example their "leader" gave them...Arafat had a gold mine and MANY of the "elite" live large off the moneys sent to feed, cloth and house the civilians that are forced to live in refugee camps and used to educate and indoctrinate a generation of terrorist who have been raised to believe that their peril is all Israel's fault. How much did Arafat's wife end up getting when he died? I believe she "settled" for $22 million and was furious at that...she lives in Paris with their daughter.

Comment

I remember the bombing of our marine barracks in Lebanon, I remember the
                    shock that our soldiers were setting ducks, you would think others would
                    learn from our mistake. I wonder if this operation has any real objective
                    or if it the leaders are planning it hour by hour.

Comment

SWC calls for international arrest of Hamas leader

The Simon Wiesenthal Center called for an international arrest warrant to be issued for the apprehension of Hamas leader and one of Israel's most wanted men, Khaled Mashaal, according to a press release put out by the organization.

Mashaal is the real face of Hamas and as long as the international community allows him to live freely and continue his terrorist activities, there will be no road map and no prospects to achieve Middle East peace," added Hier.

the whole article
                      http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Comment

I would love to see a warrant issued, but I doubt we will see it, it would
                        not be the politicaly correct thing to do. The sad thing is most of the
                        world look at Humas and other similar groups as freedom fighters.

Comment

Mr. Mashaal has a bullseye on his head according to Israel's govt--for assassination.

Comment

I would love to see a warrant issued, but I doubt we will see it, it would
                            not be the politicaly correct thing to do. The sad thing is most of the
                            world look at Humas and other similar groups as freedom fighters.
                            Agreed - well-intended remarks by other Jews will not stir the hearts or minds of anyone in the UN or elsewhere to take meaningful action towards Syria to expel or arrest the Hamas godfather Khaled Mashaal....

I have little doubt but what Israel is even now pulling out all the stops with there resources and agents in Damascus to pin down his whereabouts for a "kill"..

Comment

• Tennken...

I'm sorry I deleted one of your posts. I don't know what happened but my screen CLEARLY showed a duplicate post so I deleted, what I thought, was a duplicate...turned out I was wrong and it was the only one. Furthermore, I did a hard delete (instead of "hide") so I can't even remember what it said.

Sorry!!

Comment

Thats ok Andy, I am always hitting something wrong on the computer
                                at work, I blame it on the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X