Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli VS Hamas Part I (MERGED Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli VS Hamas Part I (MERGED Threads)

Breaking Palestinians: IDF forces on the move to southern Gaza

Palestinian sources reported that they have witnessed IDF forces moving toward the Palestinian territory in southern Gaza Strip, mainly from Sufa crossing. At the same time IAF helicopters and fighter jets are hovering above the Gaza Strip. (Ali Waked)

Just up on Ynet in the last 30 seconds

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...268276,00.html

This could be it - say a prayer for Israel and the IDF

Re: Breaking Palestinians: IDF forces on the move to southern Gaza

I ask everyone to please pray for Israel and I ask everyone, no matter what may come...no matter how things may appear...God is in control, He is on the throne, nothing will happen outside of what HE allows. Do NOT take your eyes off from Him...He is our rock and our refuge, our ever present help in time of trouble. Keep the faith. God bless us all.

Comment

Amen to that...

Still monitoring JPo and Haaretz - nothing showing up yet.... could be a gov't imposed news black-out for the first hour ....?

Or another false alarm as we had yesterday?

Comment

Sorry - still no confirmation

Comment

I don't know Tom....I am just waiting to see God's hand at work. Satan seems to have been pulling out all his stops to get his plan in motion lately. I just really have such a burden on my heart for Israel and her soldiers and especially those people in Judea and Samaria!

Comment

Full ynet article here - no new details - what was seen appears to have been "re-positioning" of IDF forces in advance of an attack.

It's the middle of the night in Israel and I would imagine any movement in force into Gaza would not occur before dawn on Wednesday....

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...268283,00.html

In other reports it is stated that all other nations have ceased their efforts to secure the soldier's release as they state that discussions with Hamas and Abbas were going nowhere.

Egypt is still claiming to be talking to the Hamas god-father in Damascus -

....so it looks like time has run out in terms of Diplomacy

Comment

Just up on www.haaretz.com News flash

23:51 Witnesses: IAF aircraft strikes bridge in central Gaza (Reuters)
              Has it begun..?

Report: IAF bombs a bridge in Gaza

Second report:

Witnesses said that the Israeli air force has bombed a bridge in the center of the Gaza Strip. There are no further details at this time. (Reuters)
              http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...268294,00.html

Comment

Arab League: UN should prevent Israel from Gaza operation

Secretary-General of the League of Arab States Amro Mousa called on the United Nations Security Council to get involved in the crisis in the Gaza Strip and prevent the IDF from entering Palestinian territory.

"The Security Council should order Israel not to occupy the Gaza Strip, a move that will cause great suffering to the civilian population," said Mousa. (AFP)
                http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...268286,00.html

Comment

00:06 No injuries reported in attack on Gaza bridge (Haaretz)

00:05 IAF attacks main Gaza bridge to keep militants from moving Shalit (Haaretz)

www.haaretz.com

It's now moments past midnight in Israel - once could infer that this effort to keep him in place would be followed by a raid at dawn's early light...

Comment

www.cnn.com/world

> BREAKING NEWS Israel Radio reports Israeli air strike and ground troop movement in northern Gaza, AP reports.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                      www.cnn.com/world

> BREAKING NEWS Israel Radio reports Israeli air strike and ground troop movement in northern Gaza, AP reports.
                      Thanks - note "Northern Gaza" - intial reports had sightings of IDF force movements in the far south - pincher movement ....?

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
                        Thanks - note "Northern Gaza" - intial reports had sightings of IDF force movements in the far south - pincher movement ....?
                        Could also come in by sea with beach landings?

Comment

Hitting from all sides at once?? Man, if that's the case, this is a MAJOR operation that my actually be a re-taking of the land?? Is that even possible to think under this dovish leadership?

Comment

Latest @ J Po

IAF aircraft blew up a bridge in the northern Gaza Strip shortly before midnight on Tuesday. The army said that the operation was intended to keep Hamas from taking kidnapped soldier Cpl. Gilad Shalit out of the Gaza Strip.

In addition, IDF tanks were stationed around Gaza, and were awaiting orders to begin a ground incursion into the strip.
                            However, the army contradicted an Israel Radio report that the tanks had actually begun moving into the Strip.
                            http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                              Hitting from all sides at once?? Man, if that's the case, this is a MAJOR operation that my actually be a re-taking of the land?? Is that even possible to think under this dovish leadership?
                              Great question - we will certainly see....

I think that we can all safely predict that within hours of the IDF going in that Abbas plus the usual international suspects will all be screaming and crying for the UN to take actions against mean ole bully Israel...

Comment

Working...
                              X