Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli VS Hamas Part I (MERGED Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSNBC: Israeli forces push into Gaza, planes hit targets

17:28 Hamas-led government calls for prisoner exchange to secure IDF soldier`s release (AP)

17:17 Report: Some 30 IDF vehicles are surrounding a building in Ramallah (AP)

www.haaretz.com News Flash

Comment

The Mossad is the world's best intelligence agency, I have know doubt they know exactly where key players are and that they have wanted to do this for some time BEFORE they ended up in this situation. Praying for God to supernaturally give wisdom to Israel's leaders and mililtary personnel. (For Olmert, that WOULD have to come supernaturally.)

Comment

Originally posted by TomT
        17:28 Hamas-led government calls for prisoner exchange to secure IDF soldier`s release (AP)

17:17 Report: Some 30 IDF vehicles are surrounding a building in Ramallah (AP)

www.haaretz.com News Flash
        Is Abbas's offices or home in Ramallah? I know Arafat what forced to stay in his compost, I mean compound there for over 2 years, just not sure if after he died if the headquarters remained there? I forget where Hama's offices are, those were threatened by Fatah loyalists just within the last 30 days if I recall the time right.

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady
          Is Abbas's offices or home in Ramallah? I know Arafat what forced to stay in his compost, I mean compound there for over 2 years, just not sure if after he died if the headquarters remained there? I forget where Hama's offices are, those were threatened by Fatah loyalists just within the last 30 days if I recall the time right.

compost...compound....is there really a difference?

Comment

Abbas does have an official office in Ramallah - not sure as to his "home"

Comment

IDF in Ramallah in Search of Kidnapped Civilian
              18:03 Jun 28, '06 / 2 Tammuz 5766

(IsraelNN.com) IDF forces are operating in Ramallah, east of Jerusalem, in an effort to find the kidnapped 18-year-old from Itamar, Eliyahu Asheri. The Al-Jazeera satellite television network reported a short time ago that soldiers are targeting the offices of the Fatah terrorist organization in the city.

A Palestinian Authority terrorist group affiliated with Hamas, called the Popular Resistance Committees (PRC), claims to hold Asheri, who has been missing since Sunday.

However, analysts familiar with the PA terror groups suggest that the PRC in Gaza was providing cover for Fatah in Samaria, which actually carried out the kidnapping.
              http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=106221

Comment

Sounds like a house divided...now if they only read the Bible they'd realize that a house divided against itself can't stand. It's like fighting between brothers, he did it....no he did it...no he did it, I swear!, hu uh, gimme it, I had it first, so...MOM... (mom's will get this for sure.) Wonder what will become of the PA leadership, Abba's already had a target on him by Hamas' backers, I think they let him live this long just because he deflected a little attention away from themselves while they "planned". Wonder where Queria is?

Comment

Latest Haaretz News ticker....

18:08 Bill allowing women to freely decide to have abortions rejected (Haaretz)

18:08 Palestinians report gunmen have kidnapped a third Israeli (Channel 2)

18:00 Part of ceiling collapses in Netanya mall; five people lightly hurt (Israel Radio)

Comment

Secret Opertations Under way by IDF....

While the Israel Defense Forces' Operation Summer Rains continued, Southern Command Chief Major-General Yoav Galant said that other concealed operations are also being carried out as part of the effort to return kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit.

"This operation has hidden and known aspects, which is characteristic of such events," Galant said upon arriving Wednesday afternoon at an area near Kibbutz Mefalsim, where the Israel Defense Forces gathered ahead of entering the Strip as part of the operation.

"There are things that the media is not aware of. I can only promise that we will do everything it takes in order to return Gilad home. He is now inside the Gaza Strip. All the forces brought here were no brought for nothing," the commander said, adding that he cannot elaborate on new information regarding the abducted soldier.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...268635,00.html

Comment

Wikipedia info on Ramallah and the HQ and Abba's Offce. (If you know wiki, the rest of the info is VERY slanted)

The Mukata'a
                      Ramallah is also famous for the Mukata'a which now serves as the governmental headquarters of the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah. The Mukata'a also recently became known as "Arafat's Compound". In December 2001, Yasser Arafat was at the Mukata'a in Ramallah for regular meetings that he sometimes held in Ramallah (Arafat usually held his meetings at his main headquarters in Gaza City, where he lived with his wife and daughter). Twin suicide bombings occurred in Haifa during Arafat's stay, after which the Israeli government decided to ground him, confining him to the Ramallah compound. In 2002, the compound was partly demolished by the IDF's bulldozers and Arafat's building was cut off from the rest of the compound. Israel showed pictures of illegal weapons allegedly found in the Mukata'a and said it proved Arafat's link to terrorism against Israel; the Palestinians countered that these weapons belong to the Palestinian security services. On November 11, 2004 Arafat died at the Percy training hospital of the Armies near Paris and on November 12, 2004 Arafat was laid to rest in the courtyard of the Mukataa. The site still serves as the Ramallah headquarters of the Palestinian Authority as well the official West Bank office of President Mahmoud Abbas.

Comment

White House: Israel has right to defend itself

Israel, which has moved troops into the Gaza Strip, has the right to defend itself, but should ensure innocent civilians are not harmed, White House spokesman Tony Snow said on Wednesday.

"The hostage taking and the attacks by Hamas last weekend have precipitated the current events in Gaza," Snow said after Israel launched its first ground offensive since leaving the territory last year. (Reuters)
                        http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...268695,00.html

Someone please go thump Dr. Rice's ear...

Comment

Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades Claim to Have Kidnapped Another Israeli
                          18:30 Jun 28, '06 / 2 Tammuz 5766

(IsraelNN.com) Arab sources in the Palestinian Authority claim that the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, affiliated with Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah organization, have kidnapped another Israeli. The purported victim is a 60-year-old man from Rishon Lezion.

At this time, there is no confirmation of the Arab claim
                          http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=106222

This could start to get real ugly real fast...

Comment

Re: 3rd kidnapping

I was just going to post about hte 3rd kidnapping. Just like Israel knew they were constantly building all these weapon/people smuggling tunnels all over the place for years and much more recently, they also knew the Palestinian plans to start a kidnapping phase. The enemy stated publicly that they would be doing that, and they sure started it in a series now.

Could be why they are showing up in force right now to Gaza. They know their plans.

Comment

another israeli kidnapped

fox is reporting another israeli has been kidnapped. sounds like they're asking for it.

Comment

Continuing on my thread of "If I could be".... Tony Snow for a day....OK...for just ONE live conference. president@whitehouse.gov But since I can't here is the President's email if you'd like to send your comments supporting Israel's right to defend herself and whatever else you might want to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X