Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli VS Hamas Part I (MERGED Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSNBC: Israeli forces push into Gaza, planes hit targets (MERGED)

Originally posted by Shelby
    Here is the latest headline on Drudge:

Israel warns: free soldier or PM dies

Middle East correspondent Martin Chulov
    July 01, 2006

Rest of story at:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-601%2C00.html
    Abbas once again slams Hamas - no doubt Abbas would dearly love to see Hamas tossed from power...

Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas said mediation efforts by Egypt and other countries to resolve the crisis over abducted Israel Defense Forces soldier Gilad Shalit had yet to bear fruit mainly because it was unclear who in Hamas - the militants or the group's leadership abroad - was authorized to make decisions about Shalit's fate.

Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, a Hamas leader, apparently has no say in the matter, according to a statement from Abbas' office.

"The next hours are critical, sensitive and serious. And though the efforts are still ongoing, we have not reached an acceptable solution until now," Abbas' office said in a separate statement.
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/733349.html

Sounds like maybe something new is in the works?

18:15 Defense Minister Amir Peretz meeting with IDF, Shin Bet officials (Israel Radio)
    www.haaretz.com

Comment

WOW!!!

I've been on a 2 week family vacation and am visiting a friend in Dallas ( hi Andy! ) and finally have access to a computer. I can't believe everything that has been going on....and the length of this thread! I knew an Israeli soldier had been kidnapped but I have NOT seen all of this in the newspapers......things have been heating up....FAST!!!

This morning I thought about the rapture and it being as a "thief in the night".
      I truly believe this is how it will feel to the U.S........we go through our daily routines and the majority have NO IDEA what is going on in the world....or care.

Thanks for all of the news, Wedgies, and keeping everything up to date!

I won't have access ( after today ) for another week....and then it will probably take me a week to catch up....lol!

Blessings to you all and thank you for this wonderful website, Andy and Severo.....I know I can always find out what is going on in the world by logging on here.

It is great to chat with people who believe and care about the Lord's return!!

YSIC,
      Judy
      Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

Have a blessed vacation, Judy Ann! Glad that you could stop by

Comment

ul. 1, 2006 19:38 | Updated Jul. 1, 2006 21:13
          Peretz: Syria responsible for Shalit

Defense Minister Amir Peretz spoke on Saturday evening with US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and asked her to send an "aggressive" message to Syrian President Bashar Assad.

Peretz said that he saw Syria as responsible for the kidnapping of IDF Cpl. Gilad Shalit last Sunday, and therefore Assad had a responsibility to secure Shalit's release....

Meanwhile, the US is calling on Syria to stop all support to the Hamas and to close the organization offices in Damascus.

At the same time, diplomatic sources say there is no sign of American pressure on Syria to act on this issue.

The administration is not considering further sanctions on Syria and is focusing its pressure on other issues, including the Hariri assassination investigation and the Syrian role in assisting the insurgency in Iraq.
          http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

__________________________________________________ ______

In sum the US is all "talk" and no "action" when it comes down to Syria - or as we say here in Texas " all hat and no cattle"...

Comment

Meanwhile, the US is calling on Syria to stop all support to the Hamas and to close the organization offices in Damascus.
            Oh, boy! Have we opened a can of worms here or what? Could this be the thing that brings about Isaiah 17:1???

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby
              Oh, boy! Have we opened a can of worms here or what? Could this be the thing that brings about Isaiah 17:1???
              Only time will tell - my own opinion is that it will be Israel that takes out Syria and Damascus - NOT the US....

Comment

Jul. 1, 2006 21:31
                Israel to allow humanitarian aid shipments to GazaBy JPOST.COM STAFF

Israel intends to ease the closure around the Gaza Strip over the next few days in order to facilitate the transfer of humanitarian aid - mainly staple foodstuffs and medicine - to civilians.
                http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Just as a reminder, despite all the lame-stream rhetoric no one in Gaza is going hungry, or without reasonable medical treatment

Comment

As one might expect....

Security Council Fails to Reach a Decision on Gaza
                  00:55 Jul 02, '06 / 6 Tammuz 5766

(IsraelNN.com) The United Nations Security Council failed to reach a decision regarding the crisis in Gaza during an emergency session prompted by Arab nations.

Palestinian Authority (PA) Observer Riyad Mansour accused Israel of implementing “collective punishment” against the civilian population, citing aerial assaults as well as tank and heavy gunfire.

Israel’s deputy UN ambassador explained Israel has exercised restraint and has only implemented a very limited military response.....

The council did not vote on any resolution during the session.
                  http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=106367

Comment

I am really glad the security council did not come to a decision, if they
                    had I am sure it would have been a rebuke to Israel for it's agression
                    aganist the "poor inicident goverment of Humas". I am sure if something
                    like that came up the U.S. would use its veto, I hope.

Comment

I am sure if something like that came up the U.S. would use its veto, I hope.
                      Indeed the US has many times in the past

Then again the entire UN body can, and has, voted to condemn Israel something like 100 times for so called aggression - representing 99% of all such UN "resolutions"

Comment

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...rld&id=4324960

Israel Hits (Hamas) Palestinian Prime Minister's Office

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- July 1, 2006 -

Israeli forces targeted the offices of Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniya in Gaza City early Sunday, Palestinian sources said.

An Israel Air Force attack helicopter launched a missile before dawn Sunday striking the office of Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh in Gaza City. Neither Haniyeh, nor any of his aides, were in the vicinity at the time of the bombing, however damage was done to the building.

Israel Radio reported that the structure burst into flames, and firefighters rushed to the scene shortly after the attack to extinguish the fire.

The attack was similar to Israel's strike against the Palestinian public security minister - who, like Haniyeh, is a member of Hamas - two days ago.
                        http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/733349.html

Again sounds "strong" - but keep in mind Israel is bombing in the dead of night when these various offices are empty...

Comment

U.S. warns Israel not to harm Abbas, Palestinian civlians

By Aluf Benn, Haaretz Correspondent

The United States government has laid down three rules for the current Israel Defense Forces operation in the Gaza Strip, according to senior sources in Jerusalem:

No harming Palestinian Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas; no harming civilians and avoid damaging infrastructure.

Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni will brief the cabinet on the international situation. Livni has been providing Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice with daily updates and is in touch with the UN secretary-general, the coordinator of foreign policy in the European Union and the foreign ministers of Italy, Spain and Qatar.

Foreign Ministry officials expressed satisfaction over the weekend with the results of their efforts to obtain international legitimacy for Israel's operations.

According to the senior sources, the main concerns raised by the international community have been humanitarian, and to a less extent focused on the arrests of senior Hamas officials in the West Bank.

Overall, there is understanding for Israeli actions....
                          http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/733573.html

Comment

Official denies reports on Abbas' plan to form emergency govt

www.chinaview.cn 2006-07-01 21:41:30

GAZA, July 1 (Xinhua) -- Mohamed Dahlan, a Fatah lawmaker, denied on Saturday reports that President Mahmoud Abbas was planning to form an emergency government to replace the Hamas-led one.

It was reported that after Israel detained one third of Hamas-led cabinet ministers in the West Bank, Abbas was weighing the formation of an emergency government.

"These reports are totally untrue. This subject has not been even raised by the Palestinian leadership," Dahlan told reporters.
                            http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_4781172.htm

IMO there is no doubt that Abbas wants to see the Hamas gov't crater and that he be allowed to pick up the pieces along with his Fatah cronies...

Comment

President Abbas calls for transfer of financial aids

date: 01 07, 2006

Ramallah, July 1, (BNA) Palestinian President, Mahmoud Abbas called on the Secretary General Amr Mussa to transfer all the funds allocated for the support of the Palestinian resistance to the accounts of the Palestinian National Authority.

The Presidency Official Spokesman, Nabil Aburdina said in a statement today that President Abbas called for money transfer to confront the current difficulties and appalling conditions.
                              http://english.bna.bh/?ID=46841

Comment

I guess is that that key international players already knew the Israel plan to go into Gaza. That's why the plan is a bit on the lame side. They want Israel to do their dirty work ie. remove Hamas gov't and invent a reason for the "terrorist in the suit"---Abbas to take over in Gaza. The international players are then safe to critize Israel if there is a major SNFU , but also safe to stay somewhat silent or neutral tot he goings on there.

The "up" side to Israel is they may get their man back and they fainally get to teach these vultures a lesson or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X