Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli VS Hamas Part I (MERGED Threads)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSNBC: Israeli forces push into Gaza, planes hit targets (MERGED)

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/733358.html

Thousands protest across Mideast against Gaza offensive

By The Associated Press

Thousands of protesters in several Muslim countries took to the streets Friday in reponse to the Israeli military offensive in the Gaza Strip.

"Rulers of Arab countries, start jihad (holy war). Allah Akbar (God is great)," shouted a group of men in the mosque, while nearby several dozen women worshippers chanted, "Keep our country free and tell the (Israeli)
    ambassador to leave. We will not be afraid, we will not back down, we will not be silent."

Demonstrators rally in Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, TurkeyIn a sermon Friday, Lebanon's most senior Shiite Muslim cleric denounced what he called "the war to annihilate the Palestinian people ... by the malicious, racist Jewish army."

Comment

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert discussed Israel's ongoing military offensive in Gaza with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday, the Kremlin said.

Putin told Olmert about Russian efforts to help settle the crisis and resume the peace process, the Kremlin said in a statement. The conversation was initiated by Israel, it said.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Thursday said he and his Group of Eight counterparts were united in their demand that the Israeli soldier be released.

What's the point is asking Russia to help settle the crisis? Would Russia go to another country for the same type of help.......or would Russia do what needs to be done? Personally, I think they need to get rid of Hamas and take back Gaza. They should call me!
      A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
      A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Also from the above article...but a possible reason that they are turned down finally for EU membership and ally with Gog for Ez. 38/39. The new leader of Turkey has been known for saying that he will return the pride to Turkey as that of the days of Saledine.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/733358.html
        In Turkey, thousands of angry protesters burned Israeli flags and chanted pro-Hamas slogans.

Hundreds of women, many wearing black chadors or Islamic-style head scarves, carried Palestinian flags and yelled, "Murderer Israel, get out of Palestine!"

A man with a loud speaker warned Israel that it was turning Turkey's 70 million Muslims against it. "Inshallah (God willing), all of Turkey will show in coming days that it is behind Palestine!" he said.

"Inshallah!" the crowd yelled back.

Comment

I find this VERY unlikely...
          http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/733326.html

Lebanese daily: Deal brewing on prisoner-soldier swap
          According to a report in the Lebanese daily As-Safir, which is known to be affiliated with pro-Syrian circles, Israel and Hamas are finalizing an agreement whereby Israel would release a significant number of Palestinian prisoners in exchange for the kidnapped soldier Shalit.
          The newspaper says that Jerusalem would agree to release the prisoners only after Shalit's release into international or Egyptian custody.

The proposed deal, which is being mediated by Egypt, would also include an Israeli pledge to withdraw its forces to the Green Line (apparently outside of the Gaza Strip, Y.S.) and the reopening of Gaza trade crossings.

Both sides would also commit to a month-long hudna (ceasefire) during which Israel would refrain from targeted killings and Palestinian armed groups would agree to a halt of Qassam rocket fire.

Comment

Exiled Hamas leaders under pressure

But both Syrians and Palestinian refugees are apprehensive that the retaliation will be felt in Damascus. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5134500.stm

Thousands in Egypt rally for Palestinians
            Several thousand protesters at one of Cairo's main mosques called Friday for holy war against Israel to help the Palestinians in their conflict with the Jewish state.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060630/...a/arabs_israel

23:06 Hezbollah to Gaza militants: Only free IDF soldier in exchange for prisoners (Reuters)
            http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/ShTickers.html

Comment

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...FD25B26973.htm

Hamas will not bow to Israeli force

Friday 30 June 2006, 17:27 Makka Time, 14:27 GMT

The Palestinian prime minister has vowed that his Hamas-led government will not give in to force, saying Israel has to halt its Gaza offensive if it wants to free a captured soldier.

The prime minister said his government would not trade the abducted Israeli soldier for the cabinet ministers and 56 other Hamas officials Israel arrested on Thursday.

He also said "there would be no referendum on a statehood initiative", referring to an initiative by Mahmoud Abbas, the president, to hold a referendum to determine if Palestinians would recognise the state of Israel.

Hamas does not recognise the Jewish state.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie W.
                Israel defeated at UN Human Rights Council

With 29 countries in favor, 12 opposed, Arab countries pass decision according to which Council’s inspectors will prepare special report on human rights violations committed by Israel in territories, issue will be discussed in all Council meetings

Diplomatic blow: The United Nations Human Rights Council on Friday accepted a resolution according to which human rights violations committed by Israel in the territories will be discussed on a permanent basis in all of the Council’s meetings.

Israel’s Ambassador to the UN in Geneva Yitzhak Levanon told Ynet in response: “I am very sorry that the Arab group took us back to the dark ages of the committee which passed away due to such behavior.”

more
                http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...269531,00.html
                This council resolution is insane. It is getting crazier and more dangerous all the time. If they keep putting a stick in this hornets nest, someone will get stung. Could it be Damascus?

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkling-of-an-eye
                  This council resolution is insane. It is getting crazier and more dangerous all the time. If they keep putting a stick in this hornets nest, someone will get stung. Could it be Damascus?
                  If this continues it's a possibility, IMO
                  But both Syrians and Palestinian refugees are apprehensive that the retaliation will be felt in Damascus.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5134500.stm
                  Amo 1:3 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Damascus, and for four, I will not turn away [the punishment] thereof; because they have threshed Gilead with threshing instruments of iron:

Syrian involvement against Israel

1. 1948 - war of independance
                  2. 1967 - Six-Day War
                  3. 1973 - Yom Kippur War
                  4. ?

Comment

4. Gog-Magog War? Just because they are all in the valley fighting don't forget Israel is shooting and bombing and maybe nuking things outside the valley too !! Like Damascus and maybe Babylon at the same times ? (My visual picture of all this is becoming so much clearer with the current events taking place.)

Comment

Originally posted by DawnGrace
                      4. Gog-Magog War? Just because they are all in the valley fighting don't forget Israel is shooting and bombing and maybe nuking things outside the valley too !! Like Damascus and maybe Babylon at the same times ? (My visual picture of all this is becoming so much clearer with the current events taking place.)
                      I'll have to go check, but I don't think Syria is listed in the nations that come against Israel in the Gog - Magog war, which tends to make me think that Damascus is destroyed before that...perhaps as a precurser to the Gog - magog war.

Comment

Amnesty International accuses Israel of war crimes in Gaza, urges UN action

Amnesty International on Friday accused Israel of war crimes in Gaza and the Palestinian militias of violation of fundamental principles of international law by kidnapping Corporal Gilad Shalit and killing settler Eliyahu Asheri, urging the international community to act.

"Deliberate attacks by Israeli forces against civilian property and infrastructure in the Gaza Strip violate international humanitarian law and constitute war crimes," Amnesty International said in a statement distributed here.

Israel "must now take urgent measures to remedy the long-term damage it has caused and immediately restore the supply -- at its own cost -- of electricity and water to the Palestinian population in the affected areas," the organization said.

"As the occupying power, Israel is bound under international law to protect and safeguard the basic human rights of the Palestinian population," it added.
                        http://www.kuna.net.kw/Home/Story.as...en&DSNO=882028

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie W.
                          I'll have to go check, but I don't think Syria is listed in the nations that come against Israel in the Gog - Magog war, which tends to make me think that Damascus is destroyed before that...perhaps as a precurser to the Gog - magog war.
                          That has always been my understanding as well - i.e. Syria is not part of the Gog-Magog alliance - thus one could infer that Damascus (and the surrounding area) has been laid waste...

Comment

Hezbollah begins to surface...

01:38 Hezbollah: Militants should free IDF soldier only as part of prisoner swap (Reuters)
                            www.haaretz.com

Comment

Yep. I saw this little tidbit someplace and thought, well, the rats are starting to slink out. They are surely misled if they believe that Israel will exchange 1000 people for 1 man.

Comment

Lieberman: Hamas talks are harmful

Israel Beiteinu Chairman Avigdor Lieberman accused Israel on Friday of negotiating with Hamas, including the organization's leader in Damascus Khaled Mashaal. Lieberman said that the talks were critically harming the Israel's ability to deter, as well as the security establishment's morale.

He stated that the security forces must stop firing at sand dunes and start doing what should be done. "They know better than me and all the ministers [what should be done]," Lieberman asserted

He said that the forces were ready and willing to operate, but that they were prevented from doing so.

more
                                http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Comment

Working...
                                X