X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

bump!

Comment

Wendy: I went looking for the article you posted on the link provided. Could not find it there but did find links to psychic readings, Edgar cayce etc. Did I get to the right site?? I would like to provide a few comments about the article. Thanks, HSB

Comment

Yikes HSB ! I will try and find the artical. I know it wasn't the psychic-link page.

Comment

HSB : I have edited the web page reference on my last posting. Seems I spelled prophecy wrong, with an "s" one lands on an occultic spot. Here is the correct ref.

http://www.prophecyupdate.com/thebattle.htm

Comment

With all the signs that are going on, and as close as it appears that the fulfilment of Ezekiel 36,37, & 38 could happen, it makes me think in the list of countries mentioned Gog,Magog, Tubal and so on.... That none mentioned represent Syria or at least I don't believe so. So where is Syria? Well Syria may not be there at all because of Isaiah 17: 1 & 14 and Jeremiah 49: 24-25

So if we're around for awhile (hope not)the next thing we may see is Syria being destroyed.
            Any thoughts on this or has it been discussed on this thread before ( I think it would take me a week to check)

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Allthingsnew
              . . . or has it been discussed on this thread before ( I think it would take me a week to check) Jeff
              LOL, we've discussed so many things on this thread, none of us remember them all.

Comment

So if we're around for awhile (hope not)the next thing we may see is Syria being destroyed.

I have often wondered who was going to destroy Damascus, and under what circumstances.
                Is it going to be Israel? If so, then why?
                Is it going to be the US?
                If so, is it because of a terrorist attack that was proven to originate from there?
                So many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Humble
                  So many questions.
                  Aren't you glad you know the Man w/ the answers, tho....

Comment

Aren't you glad you know the Man w/ the answers, tho....

Sometimes I wonder how well I know him.

Comment

Here is a link to a site that has a very plausible scenario of what could bring about the distruction of Syria. Check it out.

http://www.trumpetsounds.com/isaiah17.html

Comment

Allthingsnew,
                        That was a good article.
                        But, wouldn't all of that happen after that rapture or before?

I thought that Israel would not accept God until after the tribulation.
                        Or did I misunderstand it?

Comment

To Allthingsnew: greetings. I would like to respond to your question about Syria not being included in the list of Gog's friends who come calling on Israel in Ezekiel 38 and 39. It is noteworthy that Israel has fought a number of wars since 1948 with 3 major arab countries that touch her border. NONE of these are included with Gog... so we might as well ask what happened to Egypt and Jordan as well as Syria. It is possible that those other two countries might simply "sit out" a major incursion like that described when Gog arrives "like a cloud" over Israel. Perhaps but I can think of another explanation.

In the Ezekiel 36 thread somewhere along the line I tossed out a scenario that suggested that Gog's arrival was NOT in fact an invasion at all, but rather possibly an international peacekeeping force associated with the implementation of a Palestinian state (a "coalition of the willing"). It is reasonable that Israel might welcome US troops in large quantity and at least tolerate other arab/Muslim token forces for the sake of optics/balance (eg Turkey and perhaps at that time even Libya and Iran. Israel might well not tolerate former direct belligerents (Egypt, Jordan and Syria) to deploy ground troops as part of this venture (look how long Syria decided to stay in Lebabon). Something to at least consider...

Comment

Originally posted by Humble
                            Allthingsnew,
                            That was a good article.
                            But, wouldn't all of that happen after that rapture or before?

I thought that Israel would not accept God until after the tribulation.
                            Or did I misunderstand it?
                            Thats kinda the way I think its going to happen, but I'm not sure. I mean who knows this may be what brings Gog and Magog down. So we may be outta here when that happens.
                            I just thought I'd post it, to get some feedback from others to see what they thought. Theres alot more smarter people on here than me.

Jeff

Comment

Wendy: thanks for the revised link to the article on Russia. I reviewed the information which appears to be old (eg. reference is made to large Russian caches of equipment in Iraq..I think the US marines would have found this, unless it is hidden as well as the WMD ) Also I believe the PLO is a rather dated reference to what has been the PA for a number of years. However I don't want to be picky on these points.

I do take issue with bold statements like the following "God declares that He will defeat Russia" and that 5/6 of the Russian led army will be annihilated. The translation that only 1/6 will be left turns out to be a mistake. If you check various translations you will notice that they do not any longer make reference to 1/6 remaining. But my main problem is that I have looked high and low for a long time to find any reference in the Bible that "God will defeat Russia" It is simply NOT in Scripture. A series of assumptions must be made to get people who lived south of the Caucasus mountains in Ezekiel's time to migrate north to Moscow and eastward to Tobolsk beyond the Urals to fulfil the reference to Mesheck and Tubal (TBL) and that the prophetic area described by Ezekiel migrated with them.

It is even easier to conclude that TBL refers as it originally did to Tibilisi (TBL) the capital of the country of Georgia, and Mesheck to Mts'kheta (the ancient capital of Georgia which is close by, in the very area Gog ang magog occupied in Ezekiel's time. Incidentally there are huge airbases there that during the cold war were occupied by Russian forces but now thanks to the War on Terror and Georgia leaving the USSR confederation are now happily being used by US forces, with huge stockpiles of American equipment. (Incidentally in addition to the War on Terror there is the new Baku to Ceyhan,Turkey pipeline that crosses through Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. I guess the Russian invasion forces will need to fly over top of US forces deployed in the same region in order to seize Israel. Possible but I doubt it!!

More likely to me is that the heavy equipment that arrives in Israel as part of the Gog incursion will have stars on the side but they won't be red (for Russia) but white (for the good ol USA) After all, even God Himself has told the President to form a Palestinian state on the West Bank according to recent link articles posted here on WEDG.

Comment

Thanks HSB for you last post,I read the article but never made the connection to this thread until now.Wow,sure sounds like a hook to me.

After all, even God Himself has told the President to form a Palestinian state on the West Bank according to recent link articles posted here on WEDG.

Comment

Working...
                                X