X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

Originally posted by Don Brooks
    . . . this is Hatred of Israel! These are seen as God's People, and the World hates God... they desire with every fiber of their Beings to be free from any kind of restraint. This is a very tangible way of demonstrating this feeling to God Himself! . . .
    DON! I had never considered this particular position before! You do know how to provoke the thought process! I suspect you have hit on a very salient point.

Hummmmm, now this will take some time to chew over. Thanks....

Comment

Don"s Post above is exactly why I dont understand the sense in this hatred of Israel. The reason I dont understand is that it does not make sense form a rational point of view,but form a spiritual point of view. The spiritual wickedness in high places is driving the decisions in the EU, UN etc. And because these leaders are not walking in the spirit but in the flesh, they will act according to the flesh and the powers that drive the flesh.

I think that the Arab race on a whole is most hard to love with their hostilities and wild-unpredictability. Even the Bible called Ishmael --a wild donkey of a man--which to me means wild, stubborn, and rash. The Arab nations seem that way to me. While Israel seems calm, thoughtful and seeking peace. So why rule in favour of the Arabs in the UN --yes oil etc/ but spiritual wickedness in high places and no armour worn by proud Godless leaders.

The best thing the nations other than Arab could do is set a plan to bouycott Arab oil over a few years and bring in more of our own oil exploration, alternative sources of energy and fueling cars. That would put them in their place and shift power back more pronounced on our side. They cant eat sand and dates forever.

Comment

Looks like this thread has slowed down a bit while everyone waits to see what Sharon's next step is. Dodging an ousting by his party will only make him think that he is the man to lead Israel in the future. I do not think this is a good thing for the people. He is a very shifty person, and I think the weeks ahead will spell certain disaster for Israel.

We are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. We are praying for you all.

Snoopy.

Comment

The enemies of Israel have certainly strengthened their positions since this thread started.

Comment

Originally posted by Lay it to Heart
            The enemies of Israel have certainly strengthened their positions since this thread started.
            You can say that again!

Snoopy - I've thought about you lately. Good to see you. Hope all is well. Is that baby here yet?

I wouldn't be surprised to see A. Sharon be the one to lead Israel into it's final peace - until the Lord comes back, that is.

Comment

PLUMBOB....the baby is here and doing great. Gillian is 3 months old now and loving the world. I just hope that there is time for her to grow up and experience everything this world has to offer.

At the rate the Sharon ROADMAP plan is happening though, God may have other plans for her and our family.

Time to get back on track with finishing up my survival kit.

Snoopy.

Comment

Snoopy - my, how time flys! Great news about Gillian!

HSB, I see that you are on this afternoon, too. Hello....

I've been considering all of this (again ) for the last 3 or 4 days, looking for a good excuse to bring this thread back to the front page. What I think I'm seeing/feeling now is that the Pals are so fractured that I'm wondering if they will ever be able to pull off anything resembling forming a country! Which brings me back to the last major premise - perhaps God isn't so concerned about giving the Pals the keys, as long as the Israelis don't give them the deed.

Kinda remindes me of the old Jackson Browne song, "Running on empty." I think that's what the Pals are doing.

What do you think?

PB

Comment

I think the Palestinians are wild donkeys just like their forebearer Ishmael.
                  Funnily when Haagar was crying in the dessert over the way she had been treated by Sarah and Abraham (having been told to pack up and leave). God saw her and it is the first mention of His name as "EL ROI the GOD who SEES Me". He acted in mercy toward Hagaar and her wretched son and told her he would be a great nation.

God said this in respect for Abraham Gen 21:13 because Ishamel was his offspring. I'm thinking if Abraham could have looked into the future and seen what havoc these unruly people would cause he would have told God not to bother preseving this seed.

God still is the GOD WHO SEES ME--in the sea of multitudes God is God who sees the individual and has a plan. Bush and the boys may have roadmap but God has the plan. In the midst of the turmoil we must still pray to the GOD WHO SEES and ask Him for the peace in Israel and Jerusalem.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumBob
                    Kinda remindes me of the old Jackson Browne song, "Running on empty." I think that's what the Pals are doing.

What do you think?

LOL. I think I have a hard time picturing you as a Jackson Browne fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Radio Free Narnia
                      LOL. I think I have a hard time picturing you as a Jackson Browne fan.
                      LOL- You and I are going to have a good time, someday, talking about "the old days."

Originally posted by wendyj
                      I think the Palestinians are wild donkeys just like their forebearer Ishmael.
                      I just hope we're not here to see the donkey get smashed across the head w/ a 2x4.... But other than that, I've always kinda liked donkeys.
                      Last edited by PlumBob; 10-03-2005, 08:11 PM.

Comment

PlumBob: the situation in Israel appears to be muddled, with Hamas fighting it out with PA etc. I am waiting for the next phase of the RoadMap to get played out. I am still convinced that there will never be a palestinian state that lasts in the West bank. Meanwhile in the local paper where we live there was an article concerning the return to Israel of the Menashe tribe of Israelites who have been living for the last 2.5 Millennia in north end of India. What an incredible development that Israelites of ancient times are returning to homebase in our lifetime.

Comment

I remember talking about the fishermen and hooks and the Hunters both mentioned in Jeramiah and Ezekiel. Here is an exciting article I happened across.
                          The Time of the Hunters
                          By voicefromzion
                          Jan 25, 2005, 09:51

The Time of the Hunters
                          Jeremiah 16:16

"I am about to send for many fishermen" -the Lord's declaration-"and they will fish for them. Then I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them down on every mountain and hill and out of the clefts of the rocks for My gaze takes in all their ways. They are not concealed from Me, and their guilt is not hidden from My sight.”

In these prophetic verses the Lord declared He would first send fisherman to fish for the Jewish people to bring them out of the lands where He had scattered them. If they would not return voluntarily then He would send “many hunters to hunt them down on every mountain and hill.”

As the Lord prophesied, the time of “the hunters,” has arrived for the Jews who live in Russia. This week a group of Russian nationalist lawmakers is calling for an investigation aimed at outlawing all Jewish organizations in Russia, accusing Jews of inciting ethnic hatred and provoking anti-Semitism. They declared the Jews are anti-Christian and anti-human and hatred of them is justified.

In a letter dated January 13, about 20 members of the lower parliament house, the State Duma, asked Prosecutor General Vladimir Ustinov to investigate their claims and, if they are confirmed, to launch proceedings "on the prohibition in our country (Russia) of all religious and ethnic Jewish organizations as extremist."

A letter was faxed in part to the Associated Press by the office of Soviet lawmaker Alexander Krutov. In his letter he argued that Jews themselves are to blame for anti-Semitism, so the authors of the letter want Jewish groups outlawed based on legislation against extremism and fomenting ethnic discord.

The stunning call to ban all Jewish groups comes amid concerns of persistent anti-Semitism that continues to plague Russia. Jewish leaders have praised President Vladimir Putin's government for encouraging religious tolerance, but rights groups accuse the authorities of failing to adequately prosecute the perpetrators of anti-Semitic and racial violence.

Russia’s Chief Rabbi Reacts:

Russia's chief rabbi, Berel Lazar, said the lawmakers were either insane or "quite sane but limitlessly cynical" and were hoping to win support "by playing the anti-Semitic card."

Speaking with Israel Radio, Lazar called on Russia's chief prosecutor to move to expel the legislators from the parliament since, he said, they were acting against all religions and were harming Russia.

"Everyone who read this letter surely understood that something irregular had taken place. It is a known fact that there are those in parliament who posses these views. However, it has been a while since an anti-Jewish theme has been raised, and suddenly everyone is talking about it", Lazar told the radio.

According to the rabbi, "The timing was not coincidental and was made on the same day in which the UN commemorated 60 years since the liberation of Nazi death camps. President Putin is slated to visit Auschwitz in the near future and they probably wanted to express their objection to the upcoming visit by sending this letter."

With Putin planning to join events this week commemorating the liberation of Auschwitz by Soviet troops, Russia's Holocaust Foundation head Alla Gerber said it was "horrible that as we're marking the 60th anniversary of this tragic and great day ... we can speak of the danger of fascism in the countries that defeated fascism."

Responding to the lawmakers' letter, Israel’s Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom said on Israel Radio that the Israeli government "will act on every level to combat this. We do not let any group or country live peacefully with phenomena like these."

Echoing anti-Semitic tracts of the Czarist era, the letter's authors accuse Jews of working against the interests of the countries where they live and of monopolizing power worldwide. They say the United States "has become an instrument for achieving the global aims of Judaism. It is possible to say that the entire democratic world today is under the monetary and political control of international Judaism, which high-profile bankers are openly proud of," the letter says.

Along with outlawing Jewish organizations, the lawmakers call for the prosecution of "individuals responsible for providing these groups with state and municipal property, privileges and state financing."

The prosecutor general's office could not immediately be reached for comment on the letter, which the Interfax news agency said was signed by lawmakers from the nationalist Rodina and Liberal Democratic parties as well as the Communist Party.

I Will Bring the Children of Israel from the land of the North:

Jeremiah 23:7-9

“Therefore, behold, the days come, said the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD lives, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; But, The LORD lives, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, (Russia) and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.”

The lord prophesied that He would bring back the Jewish people from the land of the north, and this return began in 1989 with the fall of the former Soviet Union.

Prior to 1989, a Jew could not emigrate from Russia to Israel. Those who tried were called “refusenicks,” and were persecuted relentlessly by Soviet authorities. Jews were imprisoned, denied jobs and medical insurance, persecuted, and lived in great fear of the Russian secret police.

Yet, what happened to the second most powerful nation on earth? It fell in 1989, collapsed from within without a single shot being fired. The once might Soviet Union disintegrated overnight. Why?

The reason the former Soviet Union fell is because it was time that the prophecy foretold in Jeremiah 13:7-9 was to come to pass. God brought down the second most powerful nation on the planet so He could “bring His people from the land of the north,” to the land of Israel.

Between 1989, when the former Soviet Union fell and 2004, an estimated 1.1 million Soviet Jews immigrated to Israel. This group now comprises almost 20% of the entire population of the nation of Israel.

The Time of the Fisherman and the Hunters:

However, not all of the Jews of the former Soviet Union chose to come to Israel. Little did they understand that between 1989 and 2004 was the time of “the fishermen.” Now the time of “the hunters” has come.

For the Jewish people of America it is still the time of “the fisherman.” The day is rapidly approaching when it will be the time of “the hunters.”

How do we know this?

Ezekiel 39:25-29

“Therefore thus says the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name; After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid. 27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there. Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, said the Lord GOD.”

When the Lord said, “But I have gathered them unto their own land, and left none of them any more there,” – none means none!

Isaiah 46:9-13

“Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. Hearken unto me, you stout hearted, that are far from righteousness: I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel My glory.”

© Copyright 2003 by VoiceFromZion.com

Comment

Originally posted by HSB
                            . . . the situation in Israel appears to be muddled, with Hamas fighting it out with PA etc. . . I am still convinced that there will never be a palestinian state that lasts in the West bank.
                            Yes, a real bowl of worms. As soon as we think we know who's in charge, they kill themselves. Go figure. One of the marks of a truly civilized nation.
                            Originally posted by HSB
                            Meanwhile in the local paper where we live there was an article concerning the return to Israel of the Menashe tribe of Israelites who have been living for the last 2.5 Millennia in north end of India..
                            Yes, that surely is amazing.

Originally posted by wendyj
                            I remember talking about the fishermen and hooks and the Hunters both mentioned in Jeramiah and Ezekiel. Here is an exciting article I happened across.
                            Wendy, thanks for posting that very interesting article. Prophesy being fullfiled in real-time, and living color.

Comment

Thanks to Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel WEDG posters for keeping this thread alive!

Comment

THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD

God declares through His prophet Ezekiel that He will defeat Russia and its allies in the greatest military disaster in history. According to Ezekiel 39:2, five-sixth's of the Russian led armies (85 percent) will be annihilated by God upon the mountains of Israel. The Lord will trigger the greatest earthquake experienced thus far in history, centered in the mountains of Israel, but affecting the cities around the globe. In addition, the supernatural destruction will be accompanied by God's additional judgments, including "pestilence, overflowing rain, great hailstones, fire, brimstone" (38:22). The Lord will send such confusion and chaos upon the enemy that "every man's sword shall be against his brother" (verse 21). The devastation and loss of human life will be so great that "seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them" (Ezekiel 39:12). The captured weapons and fuel supplies will provide fuel for the towns and villages of Israel for seven years. (verse 9)

It is interesting to note that new Russian weapons are being produced using a new material known as lignostone. Prepared from compressed wood-product, this material was developed in Holland to be used as fuel. However, the Soviet weapons laboratories discovered that this unique substance, called lignostone, is as strong as steel, light, pliable, and almost invisible to radar. These unique characteristics encouraged the Russian military to utilize this material in many military vehicles and weapons. One of the characteristics of lignostone is that it burns at very high temperatures and can be readily used as an alternative fuel. The use of lignostone, and the fact that mobile Russian military units can carry large amounts of fuel (in containers 100 yards across) for their tanks and helicopters, may explain the prophecy that the defeat of this army will provide ample fuel for Israel for a period of seven years.

The prophecy recorded in Ezekiel 38:21 and 39:21Â*22 indicates that God's purpose in this extraordinary intervention in history is to glorify and sanctify His Holy Name in the sight of Israel and the Gentile nations. The awesome destruction associated with this victory over the Russian led armies will not be confined solely to the invading armies. God declared, "And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the Lord" (Ezekiel 39:6). Russia (Magog) will be devastated by the wrath of God, as well as those nations "dwelling carelessly in the isles" which may refer to Europe and America.

Russia has pre-positioned enormous military supplies in Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Libya, and Egypt in preparation for the coming Russian-Arab invasion of Israel. It is both easier and more efficient for Russia to airlift huge numbers of lightly armed men into Syria, Egypt, and Lebanon to pick up previously positioned weapons, than to airlift the military supplies for them. Military equipment often weighs five to ten times the weight of the soldier who will use that equipment. The same logic motivates the United States military to preposition enormous amounts of military supplies in Europe to be available for American and Canadian troops who would be flown into France and Germany in the event of a Russian invasion of Western Europe. The PLO, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, and Syria are themselves already so heavily armed that they have little practical use for this additional equipment.

Prophecy author, Grant Jeffrey gives some possible insight into the timing of the Magog invasion. He writes: Although Scripture does not indicate the year in which this future invasion and defeat of Russia will occur, the prophet Haggai gives us a strong indication of what the actual day may be. Haggai reveals that on the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month (Chisleu) of the Jewish calendar, the day before Hanukkah, God will deliver Israel as He did twice before on this day: (1) the defeat of the Syrian army and recapture of the Temple in 165 b.c. and (2) the British capture of Jerusalem from the Turks in 1917 during the closing battles of WW1.

The prophet Haggai declares: "The Word of the Lord came unto Haggai in the four and twentieth day of the month [Chisleu], saying, Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, I will shake the heavens and the earth; and I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother" (Haggai 2:20Â*22).

This description by Haggai, and the exact language of his prophecy, is uncannily like the language of Ezekiel 38 and 39 that describes Russia's defeat. The interesting point is that Haggai names the exact day of the year on which this will occur. Since so many other prophecies have been so precisely fulfilled to the day, there is a strong probability that this prophetic event will also occur on its appointed anniversary date of the biblical calendar. "Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord God; this is the day whereof I have spoken" (Ezekiel 39:8). God's appointment with Russia is set; it will not be postponed.

Russia and it's allies have their date with destiny, we also have a destiny "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) and "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23), but unlike Russia and it's allies, we can change our destiny! To find out how you can change your destiny,

http://www.prophecyupdate.com/thebattle.htm

Are we living carelessly in the isles?
                                Last edited by wendyj; 10-07-2005, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X