X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

Originally posted by HSB
    You name a scenario and I will tell you why I personally have difficulty with it in light of the Scripture.
    I don't think you are really intending to say that you have prejudged every other possible scenario that might be presented - even those of which you have not yet heard - and rejected them a priori, are you? Let it not be so, my friend.

Originally posted by Humble
    An interesting idea.
    Can anyone tell me about fasting? How is it done? Has anyone ever done it?
    Has anyone ever not eaten for 40 days?
    Humble, your question is best answered by someone other than me, but since there are no replies - let me interject-
    ZionGene is not suggesting that any of us go without food for 40 days. Although perhaps some one or two possibly could, it would not be wise. The idea which ZG is proposing is that individually, we might set aside a specific day of the week, perhaps, and resolve that on that day we would spend most, if not a significant part of the time in prayer. My appreciation of the original implication of fasting was that the person was so burdened and so engrossed in the process of praying, that they simply forgot about the need for food. The evolution became that one might make a conscious decision to abstain from food, and in some instances, beverage as well, as a way of expressing to God their intense concern and desire for His intervention about something. Generally, I think, the fast lasts for a 24-hour period. Certainly, there is nothing that keeps one's mind reminded about what it is that one is fasting about, more than hunger.

Comment

PlumBob: I should clarify what I meant. In the last few posts there was reference to a Russian incursion (remember the 10^91 certainty ) and another article talking about a Muslim led Jihad. When I said name a scenario these were the ones I was thinking of in particular. But I don't really mean to prejudge others that haven't even been presented. Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Comment

I am torn between trying to maintain a friendship, and further proving that a postion on the subject under question is in error.

Comment

ZionGene: please share your thoughts in terms of what you believe. I don't mind somebody saying "I believe you are wrong for these reasons". Alternatively simply outline what you believe will transpire, when and how. We differ on the nature of the "hook" and who is involved. I understand and respect your position. I know we differed on the "horses" etc. Perhaps we differ on most elements of the narrative, other than we share a deep love and affection for Israel and share the concern that what is planned against them is nasty business. We are brothers in the Lord, that makes us family in which we can love and respect each other, even as we differ on some points of explanation. HSB

Comment

Sharing one's thoughts is perfectly harmless, but when others are held up as being dishonest, it goes beyond the pale in my estimation.
            Last edited by ZionGene; 06-28-2005, 04:00 PM.

Comment

ZionGene, I for one would like to see us move forward with the examination of the original texts, which you started in posts 826 & 829 (page 83) and post 838 (page 84). I found that to be particularly interesting and meaningful. Especially to look into the original of Ezek 38:13, I think it was.

Comment

ZionGene and others: I have reviewed my earlier posts. I apologize for the comment about dishonesty made concerning some linked articles. (eg the comment about certainty 10^91) It would have sufficed for me to simply say I disagreed and let it go at that.

Comment

Dear PlumBob

I want to be careful not to flaunt my insights into Hebrew to browbeat others, who may have greater gifts from God in other spheres.

I would only get back to looking at the introductory paragraph of Ezekiel 38:4, if someone else with equal or greater skill in the Hebrew language places their insight into the same text beside mine, and comment specifically about the time sequences indicated by the placement of the vavs (ands in English) which I emphasized. I need to have confirmation as to whether my position is valid or not.
                  Last edited by ZionGene; 06-28-2005, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have any info on why a smart soldier like A. Sharon is promoting the Disengagement? I mean we have basically concluded that he is either deluded, insane or being pushed around. Is it possible there is a wise strategy involved?

Comment

Does anyone know what the relationship is like between Russia and China?

Comment

Russia and China are playing well together as I understand it. China considers America as its greatest enemy.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050630/...u/russia_china

MOSCOW - Russian President
                          Vladimir Putin met his Chinese counterpart Thursday in a bid to strengthen ties between the former Cold War rivals and to quadruple trade now worth about $20 billion a year.
                          ADVERTISEMENT

The two leaders were upbeat, noting Beijing and Moscow had progressed on several issues in recent years. Chinese President
                          Hu Jintao's four-day trip reflects the strategic importance Beijing places on ties with Russia.

"Our countries signed a strategic accord on cooperation and resolved our border issues. Russia and China are actively cooperating on the international arena," Hu noted in talks late Thursday with Putin.

Hu and Putin were also to sign a declaration reaffirming their nations' call for respecting international law and establishing a stronger U.N. role internationally.

After decades of rivalry, Moscow and Beijing developed what they call a strategic partnership since the 1991 Soviet collapse. They pledged their adherence to a "multipolar world," a term that refers to their opposition to the perceived domination of the United States in global affairs.

"I am sure that your arrival in Russia will act as a fresh impetus to advancing our ties," Putin told Hu, whom he called "a friend."

While Russia and the United States remain allies in the war against terror, Moscow has bristled at Washington's voicing concerns about alleged backtracking on democracy under Putin.

Some Russian officials and lawmakers accused the United States of instigating regime change in the former Soviet republics of Georgia, Ukraine and Kyrgyzstan over the past 18 months — a claim the U.S. administration has denied.

Moscow and Beijing dominate the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, a regional security grouping that includes the ex-Soviet Central Asian nations of Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. Uzbekistan's President Islam Karimov, facing Western criticism for his government's bloody suppression of a May uprising, has found staunch support from Russia and China.

China and Russia have been concerned about increased U.S. influence in Central Asia since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, which led to American troops' deployment in Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan for operations in neighboring
                          Afghanistan.

The Russian and Chinese militaries were due to hold their first joint maneuvers — which observers have seen as Russia's response to cooling relations with the U.S. and other Western nations.

China has purchased billions of dollars worth of fighters, missiles, submarines and destroyers after the Soviet collapse, becoming the No. 1 customer for struggling Russian defense industries.

Now it is eager to gain access to Russian oil and gas to fuel its booming economy and has lobbied hard for priority access over Japan to an oil pipeline carrying Siberian crude to Asian markets.

During Putin's visit to China in October, the two nations settled the last of their decades-old border disputes, and China endorsed Moscow's bid to join the
                          World Trade Organization.

Russian-Chinese trade stood at about $20 billion last year, and Hu told the ITAR-Tass news agency that it could reach between $60 billion and $80 billion by 2010.

Comment

This morning on CNN news, Tony Blair announced that the G8 has pledged 3 billion dollars in aid to help establish the Palestinian state.
                            I am fearful that this may pull Canada into the Gog final struggle.

Any Thoughts?

Snoopy

Comment

Barring a miracle, Canada is hooped already.

Comment

Originally posted by Lay it to Heart

We tell Israel we love her and will respect her in the morning. We claim we love Israel but we act as though we our married to many other women. We wake up in the morning and catch the thief taking half of her house and tell her to negotiate with the thief. The thief strikes her, drawing blood, and we say she should show restraint. We carry a gun but tell her she doesn't need to. We have shot thieves before but how dare she even think of doing the same. She goes to the kitchen and we say she is occupying the thief's place. She locks a door and we say she is violating international law. If she wants to join in on the war against crime, she is going to have to cooperate. She calls the police who say she is intolerant and needs to withdraw from part of the house if she wants to get along with the thief. The thief says he wants to run her out of the house and into the sea and we give the thief money. The thief destroys her pictures and scrapbook and we won't even discuss it. We claim that the thief and his friends have rights to share her bedroom as well as she does. Do we love Israel? America treats Israel like a cheap one-night stand.
                                Wow, very well said.

Comment

Working...
                                X