X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

Originally posted by HSB
    Looks like the Golani Brigade are refusing to cooperate with evacuations. At some point in time there will be a need to involve outside military to get a Palestinian state going- the IDF simply won't do the dirty work!...
    I looked up the Golani Brigade. Here is one source:
    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...i_brigade.html

They appear to be named after the Golan but they have served all over. These guys are intense. In one battle "some soldiers flattened the barbed wire coils by lying down on the wire, thus allowing their colleagues to step on them and proceed into the fort." Ouch!

There is a tie between Galilee, the Golan and the coming peacekeepers who will be buried east of Galilee.

Comment

Doug- 1969 birthdate? you sure sound mature for such a youngster
      I liked your analogy to the Jews being "grounded". Unfortunately they are about to lose their "ground"

Comment

Youngster at 36? Jesus got His salvation project going at about 30, and finished the job and wrapped it all up 33. That should be a pattern if ever there was one.

They tell me that at 70 one should be ready to see His Maker, which makes 35 well seasoned middle age.

I wish and pray that Doug would get on with his life's work, and put in a full 40 years of great service if the Lord tarries, and do better than me. I wasted more years than Doug has been in this world

Comment

The following scripture and its implications coursed through my mind today, as I thought of America's and the world's efforts to establish a Palestinian state

Psalm 127:1 Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

I believe that this text applies to the establishment of cities and states and nations in particular, and I would like some history buff to prove me wrong on this point. I do not want to run with it, if it is a faulty concept

I believe that every city or state or nation in the world that was ever founded, was done so with goodwill in the hearts of the founder or founders, at the time of its founding. I would like to know if there was ever an exception to this rule, where a city or nation came to brith, with the declared purpose of destroying another nation or city or state.

Comment

A fair question ZionGene. This whole situation of nationhood is such a sad sorry tragedy. At what point in time have the arabs who live in the area actually expressed a desire to form a sovereign state?...oh they have expressed a lot of desire to destroy the sovereign state of Israel but help me with some references to yearnings for their own statehood. They simply do not exist to my knowledge. What DOES exist is enormous pressure from the USA and EU for a Palestinian state in the area. Not only will the Quartet plan the delivery but somehow will provide the baby as well!

Comment

Therefore, if God is the One who establishes states, and the scriptures which He dictated say that He has given the land between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River (plus) to the seed of Jacob, THEREFORE, there will never be a state established in the territory in that area, otherwise than the nation of Israel. And whoever objects to that may go up to God's throne and evict Him, and give Him a good spanking. Or better still, go off and make his or her own universe,

Comment

Originally posted by HSB
                A fair question ZionGene. This whole situation of nationhood is such a sad sorry tragedy. At what point in time have the arabs who live in the area actually expressed a desire to form a sovereign state?...
                It's simply beyond belief that this group of people actually believe they can form a nation - without any of the trappings "nation-ism." No output of goods and services to speak of. No effective organized military. No central monetary system. Etc. etc. etc ad infinitum.
                Not only will the Quartet plan the delivery but somehow will provide the baby as well!
                And a malformed, and non-viable baby it will be. It will not long survive, I imagine. Only about as long as it takes Michael the Arkangel to get down here w/ his Legion.

Even if God tarries, it won't live w/o intensive care and life support.
                Last edited by PlumBob; 06-19-2005, 01:16 PM.

Comment

And now my friends we go full circle... IMO as soon as this malformed infant arrives... Egypt will come after what Egypt once Owned! Jordan will come after what Jordan once Owned! Syra will come after what Syria once Owned! That is "if" God allows the establishment of such a MalFormed Tyke!

I think that the 'fat' lady is getting ready to sing the 'Rapture Chorus' to be followed immediately by 'Jacob's Troubles' and the Final Curton!!! Last Act! Shows over! A millenium later The Encore Too is Over! WE WON!

Let me repeat! WE WON!

My goodness friends... there is little or no time left! How does one tell his Church! his Friends! his Relatives! his Neighbours! ANYBODY! Who out there is paying attention?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Brooks
                    I think that the 'fat' lady is getting ready to sing the 'Rapture Chorus'
                    My Goodness, DtB. So you are staking that as a position? I asked "When does the rapture fit in all this?" once, and nobody was willing to say.

Comment

All I know is, our pastor has been preaching through the Book of Revelation (just did a message on Chapter 10 last Sunday) and preached in it yesterday to continue the continuity of the messages as we've seen it interrupted a few times since eht start this year. That's right, continued the REvelation series even though it ws Father's Day and you'd expect a traditional Father's Day message.

THe Spirit knows something's up. And the good servant (and he's an excellent one) simply submits to His will.
                      My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
                      Please print, pass on these items:
                      http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
                      http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

PlumBob... I think that on several occasions I've 'hinted' at a possible scenario as I have painted some 'Pictures' from the Old Testement... Rember Leah and Rachel ??? Just a picture - just a hint. As I have stated before. I believe that He has kept things sufficiently ambigeous for a reason. Face it! If we all knew for sure that His Return to Planet Earth was on the 26th September, 2007... Then... we would all wait untill the 24/25 September, 2007 to get ready! That is Human Nature or should I say Old Nature!

We are required to be ready at all times a) to share the Hope that is within us, b) to be expecting and ready for His Return!

These are exciting times to be alive my friend!

Comment

The Point In Time of Taking Away Of The Church

Unlike the prophetic books of The Old Testament, which speak principally to events among the Jewish People, the Book Of The Revelation addresses future events in the Church and in Israel-- and in the world too. It includes both the Time Of Jacob’s Trouble and Israel’s restoration; and the removal and glorification of the Church. It appears to me, that unlike many of the OT prophetic books, Revelation definitely follows a time line. And the one which I would like to follow, goes up to where John is taken up into heaven

First of all, Rev 1:1 speaks of “the things which must shortly come to pass,” beyond the point when John was writing—approximately 100AD.

Then in Revelation 1:19, the Risen Christ says to John, “Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter…” and because verse 20 speaks of then existing churches, I believe that all of chapters two thru three tell of the state of the churches, local and continuing up to the beginning of The Day Of The Lord.

The first event of The Day Of The Lord will be the withdrawal of Christ’s ambassadors in the Church, represented in the call to John to “Come up hither” in Revelation 4:1, AND the presence of the 24 elders (represented by two perfected groups—12 plus12-- of Jews and Gentiles) in the one Body, in heaven, confirms the fact to me that nobody who knew Christ in the groups represented in chapters two and three, will be around to experience the seals, and trumpets, and bowls, and vials of judgments etc. For this reason, I do not believe that anyone now present on the earth—even if he or she is a church member--will be able to identify who the antichrist will be, since that information was a bit down the road even in John’s experience, well beyond his taking away in Revelation 4

Revelation 4:1 “After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. 2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. 3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. 4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.”

John then sees all that follows (Revelation 5-22) from his location in heaven. He is not down here when he sees these visions, as was the case with many other prophets of the Old Testament. That tells me very much

In my opinion, the time line continues further on through the Book Of Revelation, but what interests me is the point where John is raptured.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Brooks
                            I think that on several occasions I've 'hinted' at a possible scenario as I have painted some 'Pictures' from the Old Testement... As I have stated before. I believe that He has kept things sufficiently ambigeous for a reason.. . We are required to be ready at all times . . .
                            Yes, DtB, indeed you have hinted at some scenarios in the past - however this time I detect much more excitement and expectancy in your voice (uhh- fingers) in post #773. As I have said before, I do think that "the closer we get, the clearer the picture will be," therefore, it's interesting to watch as some folks seem to become less tentative and more sure, as time goes by.

ZionGene, what a marvelous way to bring Revelation to the point, in just a few sentences. Your excellent wisdom is always appreciated.

It's also extremely interesting to watch the dancing w/ each other by at least 2 disparate groups in this thread, as to the (possible) sequencing of the End of Days.

Comment

PlumBob: when you are firing live bullets into the floor we all feel an obligation to dance!

OK a few comments. I am thrilled that DtB is looking forward to Christ's return..so am I! But I don't see how the uncertainty of date makes such a big difference. If that were so why do engaged couples pick an actual date for their marriage. In one sense the bride "starts to get ready" just before the wedding but that is outward appearance for the ceremony not inward character or love....if you get my point. Also while the notion of Leah and Rachel is an interesting one I don't see how that connects with a timeframe..other than the one this thread has focused on from the beginning, namely the timeframe of attempting to implement a Palestinian state bringing down the wrath of God.

ZionGene: you may be correct about "come up hither" representing the Rapture but I suggest that is at the level of "plausible speculation" as opposed to firm prophecy. I don't know in what sense John himself claims to represent the church. Also the reference to 24 happens also to be the number of courses of priests who served in the Temple..there are other explanations. That is what is so good about this web site- you can throw out ideas and "as iron sharpens iron" we all benefit.

The only connection with timeframe mentioned in the Bible that I have referenced before is the one in Isaiah to "within 65 years" after the birth of the miracle baby in chapter 7 verse 8. In Exodus God says "Israel is my firstborn son". If I were an Orthodox Jew studying the Tanach I would look for something very special to occur in 2013 (1948 + 65) If I were Messianic I would think that that date minus 7 years (ie about 2006 or 2007) would be especially important as the last week of Daniel's prophecy has yet to be played out. What is interesting with the 2006/2007 timeframe is that it just happens to be the last couple of years of the current president's term of office. He has declared that the Palestinian state will implemented on his watch. good luck Mr. Bush and Ms. Rice

I hope that the Rapture occurs tonight if not sooner, but I will prepare to be here for the next few years...and yes I firmly expect us to run out of oil (check Royal Dutch thread) VERY SOON. Talk about interesting times ahead! WE NEED TO PREPARE TO GO THROUGH ADVERSITY, and then all be pleasantly surprised if we get raptured out ahead of the chaos that is coming.

Comment

It seems to me that the two yet-outstanding questions related to this thread are these:

Will the Church Of God, comprised of all believers who have born again by the Spirit of God, be in this world during the time of Gog's invasion against Israel?

And:

Does one's attitude toward these prophetic matters having any bearing on a believer's security in Christ?

Players and scenarios leading to Gog's appearance have been put forth, but I do not think that anyone has ventured to say where the rapture of the Church fits into all this.

Comment

Working...
                                X