X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

Mu husband and I were discussing this last night, and we cam to the conclusion that this is all because of one thing - OIL. That and the fact that Bush is drowning in Iraq. I believe that his war in Iraq will only be "won" if he gives away Israel to the PA. He is in bed witht the Saudi's and the only thing the Saudi's care about is annihilating Israel. They don't care about the US, they don't care about Iraq, and they certainly don't care about the Palestinians. They do care passionately about destroying God's Holy People and their land.

I believe that in order for Bush to gain control in Iraq, save his boys, and pull out, he must forfeit Israel. And he will do so without conscience if it means pleasing the folks at home.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

I believe that Bush has lost sight of pleasing the people at home, as he cannot serve another term. I do believe however that he is playing his cards now, to ensure his family stays wealthy in the future. This will be his driving force in his decision making and in the end guide his plans for Israel. If helping in the disengagement aligns his efforts in Iraq then he will be all for it. Oblivious to the impending doom he will be bringing to the USA and North America as good old Martin will follow suit rather quickly...

Snoopy

Comment

Not sure which thread to post this one in so I'll just put it here.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44564

WND Exclusive FROM WND'S JERUSALEM BUREAU
        Netanyahu: Gaza evacuation a reward for terror
        Former PM sounds off regarding plan to withdraw Jewish communities
        Posted: June 3, 2005
        1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
        © 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Following is a WorldNetDaily exclusive interview with Israel's Finance Minister and former Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has emerged as one of the main opponents to Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's plan to evacuate Jewish communities from Gaza and parts of the West Bank this summer. Netanyahu explains to WND why he thinks the withdrawal plan will fail and sounds off about recent events in the region.

WND: In short, why are you opposed to Sharon's plan to evacuate the Jewish communities of Gaza and parts of the West Bank?

BN: Well, I voted against the government with regard to the withdrawal and presumably I will vote against it when it comes up in another vote before the plan is actually carried out. I won't change my vote. This is because the Palestinian terrorists don't view our departure as a reasonable move but as a flight from terror and a sign that terrorism works. If you flee from terror, then terror continues to chase you. This plan simply emboldens the terrorists to continue their tactics until the completion of their ultimate goal: the destruction of Israel.

WND: Do you see Hamas creating a de facto state in Gaza after the withdrawal?

BN: Absolutely. This isn't just my estimation, but these have been the constant warnings confirmed by the chiefs of Israel's security. Both [outgoing Israeli Defense Forces Chief of Staff Moshe] Yaalon and [outgoing Shin Bet Director Avi] Dichter have said the departure from Gaza is a victory for Hamas, and as a result, they are gaining strength in Gaza. Hamas has its own army, and we see the foundations of a possible Hamas regime. Hamas, we are seeing, could topple [Palestinian Authority president] Abu Mazen.

I would love to see these warnings prove to be wrong. I would love to see thousands of Palestinians participating in peace demonstrations. But we are seeing instead thousands upon thousands of armed young thugs waiving Hamas flags and chanting slogans that after [Israel vacates] Gaza, it opens the road to Tel Aviv.

WND: Disengagement is drawing closer, but if you visit the residents and leaders of Gush Katif (the main Gaza Jewish community), they will tell you they are certain they will remain in their communities, that something will happen to stop the plan's implementation. But now that the budget is passed and there will not be a national referendum, do you see anything that can stop it from going through?

BN: Well, I don't see any possibilities in the political sphere. I hope, though, there will not be a violent rupture, but I cannot say for sure what will happen on the Palestinian side or on the Jewish side. This is why I favored conducting a national referendum. Taking people out of their homes results in passions on the Jewish side that can lead ... I cannot say for sure.

WND: Israel has said it wants Egypt to take over security of the Gaza/Egypt border. Meanwhile, IDF officials at the border tell me Egypt has done nothing to stop the weapons-smuggling tunnels, and media monitors say Egypt continues to demonize Israel in its state-run press. What are your thoughts on Egypt assuming security control?

BN: I opposed this from the start. Egyptians won't die for us. Furthermore, in order for them to even do it, it means Israel will have to allow an even stronger Egyptian force along the border, and this is in direct violation to our peace treaty with Egypt – which means we have to manipulate a treaty that has held up for decades. Regardless and quite apart from the problems we have with a cold peace with Egypt, such as the propaganda you describe and the failure to stop the weapons smuggling, this cold peace is better than a hot war. I am not saying there will be a war, just that with the treaty, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

WND: How then should Israel protect its borders after Gaza disengagement? The whole point of the withdrawal, presumably, is for Israel to completely leave Gaza.

BN: There is no substitute whatsoever for Israel's control of the Philadelphi route (the Egypt-Rafah border in Gaza). That is the one guarantee the area won't become a Hezbollah-land or a Hamas-land once we depart.

Cont...
        Last edited by Sandylion; 06-03-2005, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Benjamnin Netanyahu interview 2

WND: Critics of the withdrawal plan have said they are worried this is just the beginning, that there will be further withdrawals from other lands after Gaza. Already Vice Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has floated the idea of withdrawing from certain parts of eastern Jerusalem. Will there be further withdrawals under Sharon?

BN: Naturally, if I oppose this plan, which has no reciprocity on the Palestinian side, I oppose anymore withdrawals.

WND: Yes, but do you think there will be more withdrawals?

BN: It depends on what happens in Israeli politics after this withdrawal. I don't see it working without any benefit for Israel, such as incorporating main settlement blocks within the Israeli fence, incorporating parts of the Jordan Valley. We are giving territory, so we should be getting territory! Instead, it's a clear feeling that terrorism is working.

There is no point in making further concessions. Our policies need to be bringing down the hopes of terrorists. But the Palestinian street instead is accepting the Hamas line that terrorism is what drove Israel out of Lebanon in 2000, and it is driving Israel out of Gaza now. Next the West Bank, and on to Tel Aviv, Haifa, the rest of Palestine.

WND: What do you think is Sharon's motivation for all this?

BN: You'll have to ask Sharon.

WND: We witnessed the collapse of the Oslo process and ideology at Camp David, that land for promises of peace just doesn't work with such regimes. If disengagement isn't the answer, what should Israel's current and ultimate policy be toward the Palestinians?

BN: I would prefer an agreement with a Palestinian leadership that has abandoned terror. But in absence of that, now there are several choices. Among them is a unilateral withdrawal, but it should be one that enforces reciprocity, one in which we get territory. We should not be giving the Palestinians any freebies.

WND: Abbas just visited the White House and is being embraced by the international community, as well as many in the U.S. and Israel, as a moderate willing to make peace with Israel. Are we witnessing the same mistake the world made in building up Arafat? Is Abbas a moderate?

BN: Abbas is different from Arafat in that he is not pushing terror. He would like to stop terror for utilitarian reasons, because terror is threatening him. But Abbas doesn't differ from Arafat on the ultimate goal, just the tactics to get him there. He keeps talking to his people about the realization of the right of return, which means flooding Israel with millions of Palestinians.

So he does differ in certain ways. But while Abbas may not be encouraging terrorism, he doesn't lift a finger to stop terror. And that leads into the whole paradox of cuddling Abbas, of helping Abbas out now, of releasing prisoners and other gestures toward him. All it does is delay his motivation to carry out steps to dismantle terrorism, to take apart the government of gangs that have been created.

WND: A major emerging threat in the Mideast seems to be Iran's determination to go nuclear. What should be Israel's posture?

BN: Well, it isn't Israel's problem alone. This is a threat to the U.S. and the whole world. A nuclear Iran would give a nuclear umbrella to radical Islam and the terrorists, and would encourage the implications of September 11, only worse. We cannot be sure Iran wouldn't use these weapons. It is in the interests of the entire world, including Europe, to prevent Iran from having atomic bombs. The U.S. understands this, but from the looks of it, the Europeans either don't understand, or they are cowering before the threat.

WND: What if it becomes absolutely clear the diplomatic track isn't working, Iran forges ahead, and no other country is willing to do anything about it? Should Israel attack Iran if no one else is willing?

BN: It's not useful to make public speculations on any military options except to say that the U.S. understands the danger and it is the leader of the free world, so it is charged with acting as that leader.

WND: Syria is still supporting Hezbollah, which maintains now 12,000 missiles pointed at Israel and has been backing suicide bombings and attempted bombings in Israel. Syria also allows Hamas members to live there openly. Should Syria be the next target in America's war on terror?

BN: Syria has shown it is a backward regime that learned nothing from 9-11. It continues to play footsie with terrorists, not only those threatening Israel, but those killing Americans in Iraq. The U.S. should apply maximal pressure on this backward and dictatorial regime. Syria should have no economic base to continue its actions. It needs to be increasingly isolated in the modern world.

Comment

Gaza villagers fear slaughter if forced to remain

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1117678731166

Another small, yet tragic outcome of the disengagement plan. But who cares about these folks? I pray God does.

Comment

Sandi- this is a fascinating group. When my wife and I drove through the Gaza settlements a couple of weeks ago I was surprised to find arab families living between the main access road that links the settlements and the coast. As you might see on a map of the area almost all Jewish settlements are east of the roadway, not on the coast. Now it makes sense. These folks are under Israeli military supervision but PA administration. However near Rafah there is a sizable secure fence/wall that separates the autonomous PA area from the Israeli section. The article you posted indicates that these arabs have cooperated and assisted Israel over the years. I pray that they will be "looked after", not simply abandoned to the clientel that rushes in after the evacuation, firing their guns in the air and celebrating how they "drove" the Jews out of the area.
              Last edited by HSB; 06-04-2005, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Wow!

George has really let the proverbial 'cat-out-of-the-bag'!

NEWS BRIEF: "Bush's 3 little words, 1 big betrayal", by Hal Lindsey, WorldNetDaily, June 2, 2005

"The Israelis are reeling from the body blow delivered them by President Bush following his meeting with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas. In one pronouncement, Bush totally scuttled all the hard-fought, blood-bought gains Israel has made in the three wars forced upon her. All peace negotiations and concessions by Israel in the pursuit of peace with the Muslim Nations and Palestinians since 1949 have been rendered null and void ... President Bush's astonishing and unexpected statement reversed long standing American policy. In his joint statement with Abbas, he declared that any final status changes in the peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians must be mutually agreed to on the basis of the 1949 armistice lines.

"To my horror, this statement is the greatest betrayal of Israel committed by any American president in history."

Read the whole article at: http://cuttingedge.org/newsletters/ scroll to item #3... III. President Bush seemingly sold Israel down the proverbial river this past week, sparking a cry from Bush apologist, Hal Lindsey.
                Last edited by Don Brooks; 06-04-2005, 08:49 PM.

Comment

So is Hal Lindsey hinting that maybe Gog and Magog are not Russia ,but might be George from USA and maybe he was wrong???

Comment

Now only some exciting news about and mega Oil well found in Israël and Bush will find some reason to enter the holy land as he did with Iraq !!!

Comment

Mr Sharon is pleasing Mr. Bush, and Mr. Bush is pleasing Mr. Blair, and none of them care about pleasing God.

Comment

I hope that none of the main points raised in the article below are true. Because if they are, then indeed, the fact stated in the end of the verse in Daniel 4:17 does apply.

http://arutzsheva.com/print.php3?what=article&id=5176
                        Last edited by ZionGene; 06-05-2005, 08:02 AM.

Comment

I think, dear friends, that time windeth down quickly. We are but observers of the final act of the final drama.

Comment

And only nine more posts on this thread untill the rapture!!!!!!!! (666)
                            this thread alone would make quite a book........ in fact a great book could be made on "wedge quotes" anyone interested? what say the management ??????? Lewis

Comment

Zion Gene: the article on Arutz Sheva is one of the bluntest condemnations I have read in a long time. there is a real sense of desperation and feeling of being totally "sold out" for other interests. The whole thing is making me feel really ill and I am not even living over there.
                              In my morning paper there were two full pages devoted to the Settlers "losing their religion". "They see themselves as missionaries sent out to save Judaism, and now they are being asked to renounce that mission. Lost and angry, they're hoping for a miracle THAT ISN'T COMING" (my emphasis). What an incredible statement to make... it's still a bit early to tell whether God Himself will intervene or not.

Comment

HSB, everyone in America should read that article. I could not help noticing how the author nearly slid into cursing at the end of it. I can now see why a curse was put on Mr. Rabin. What murky filthy business these guys are up to.

The sad fact of the matter is, that if a parent or a leader decides on a certain course of action, God very often lets it stand and have everyone suffer the consequences. The example of where David inisisted on numbering Israel, contrary to God's prescription comes to mind. God had 70000 (seventy thousand) people in Israel killed for that wilful evil act of the leader. God might just stand aside and let Mr. Sharon go right ahead and do his lousy worst.

I have a suggestion for the people in Gaza and Samaria, and it is taken from the teachings of One whom you have neglected for too long.

Why not for once take a suggestion from Jesus's Sermon On The Mount! Do not leave your houses voluntarily, but when your Jewish brethren come to throw you out, lie down on the floor in your homes, and invite them to do whatsoever they want to do with your bodies, and do not say a word. See how turning the other cheek will devastate your tormenters, and will make very nice footage to be seen around the world.
                                Last edited by ZionGene; 06-05-2005, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X