X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

WLNF: thanks for that. I found this info on another site and missed the Wedg thread by Glenn on this topic. Sure hope that these soldiers were all connected with a missile defence exercise

the last part of that message sounded downright gloomy until the last sentence:

Pray for our tiny country here, we are in the middle
    of a spiritual battle to actually lose the Jewish
    homeland if Almighty God of our fathers does not
    intervene.
    We have lost Gaza and Gush Katif, we have lost Judea
    and the Galilee, we are losing the Negev and now it
    looks like all of the Eastern Jerusalem is being
    planned to be returned to the arabs.
    We are now surrounded by enemies. I think of the Psalm
    3 of King David that even if we are surrounded by
    10,000 of the enemy we will not be afraid, because God
    is with us. WE all know the glorious end
    Last edited by HSB; 04-09-2005, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Remember the discussion on this thread about the possibility of a coup d'etat in Israel. Well we are not alone. see article from Arutz Sheva:

MK Yatom Fears 'Religious Revolution'
      00:12 Apr 10, '05 / 1 Nisan 5765

Danny Yatom, a Labor party Knesset member and former head of the Mossad, expressed fears that the growing number of senior religious army officers could result in a military coup.

Several Knesset members and a leading pre-military educator denounced Yatom's statements, which he made Friday during a discussion in Tel Aviv about a recent book which deals with a fictional coup. Religious soldiers have been more prominent in the IDF in recent years and several are senior officers.

"Soldiers wearing 'kippot' (skullcaps) are excellent soldiers, but their rabbis have a great influence over them," Yatom said. "They are prepared to obey a rabbi before they obey IDF officers. A few years ago, I thought this scenario was a hallucination, but since then we have seen the de-legitimization of the government and Knesset and Rabbis inciting and encourage rebellion and refusal - many soldiers consider the orders of rabbis stronger than the orders of officers. It is impossible to consider a coup d'etat as imaginary.

Yatom warned that senior military officers "can take their units and stage a coup."

About one-third of the soldiers in Army elite units and in officers courses are religious, according to Rabbi Moshe Hagar, a reserve Army colonel and head of the association of 24 pre-military academies ("mechinot").

Dismissing any possibility of a coup d'etat, Hagar said Yatom's comments were a "personal injury" to the army and to his own standings as a reserve officer. He emphasized that the pre-military academies and several leading rabbis have opposed the idea of refusing to follow army orders.

"I am sorry that MK Danny Yatom does not deal with the main issue," Hagar added. "He is part of a government that acts in an undemocratic way and tries to impose on the IDF actions that are against the conscience of the people."

Yoel Hasun, head of the Young Likud, responded with charges that Yatom's comments were incitement and called on the Knesset Ethics Committee to investigate. National Union MK Uri Ariel said Yatom spoke with unjustifiable hate against religious soldiers "whose loyalty to the army and government is unquestionable."

Comment

Don't forget tomorrow is Nisan 1, the real new year. Originally 10,000 were expected to come to the temple mount. Now that the government said not to come does that mean they will stay home? Maybe it does. Maybe they will come instead. Also we should remember that Israel is a tiny nation. I believe the logistics of staging a coup are far easier than in a large nation.

Comment

Sharon meets with George Bush at the Ranch on Monday. I hope he is ready for the extra pressure to leave the West Bank. here's a little part of today's Arutz Sheva:

"But Maaleh Admumim and the outpost issue may be only small potatoes compared to what the U.S. will soon be demanding of Israel, says Arutz-7's Haggai Huberman. U.S. media, influential academics, and leading American opinion makers have been very critical of Sharon’s Maaleh Adumim proposal, Huberman reports. "They intend to use antagonism to that proposal, along with the impending disengagement from Gaza and Northern Samaria, to sway public opinion in favor of having the administration pressure Israel for substantial territorial withdrawals in Judea and Samaria, in order to make way for an independent Palestinian state," he says."

Comment

Hello All...
            It would seem that this process of disengagement is going forward regardless of anything that the Residents might try... as can be seen in this article... The Command Structure is being put in place to effect the moves as planned.
            ===============
            NEWS BRIEF: "Special command set up to oversee elite pullout units", Ha'aretz News, April 8, 2005

"The Israel Defense Forces and Israel Police have recently set up a special command to coordinate the activities of the select units that will take part in implementing the disengagement plan. Teams from the select units will be deployed close to the settlements slated for evacuation, and will serve as 'intervention forces' to deal with possible violent opposition to the pullout, including the use of live weapons. The special command will be headed by Brigadier General Amos Ben-Avraham, who has extensive experience in overseeing the operations of small, elite forces. Ben-Avraham, who now heads the IDF's Leadership and High Command School, spent a large portion of his military service in the General Staff's elite commando unit, heading the unit in the early 1990s.

"Ben-Avraham's command will oversee teams from a number of elite units, including the Police Special Anti-Terror unit, the Naval Commando, the Israel Air Force's Shaldag unit, the Prisons Service's Massada unit, and the Eilat District's Anti-Terror unit, which is made up of reservists ... The units chosen for the task have extensive experience in dealing with complex situations that arise in small areas ... it appears that the Police Special Anti-Terror unit and the Prisons Service Massada unit are the most well-trained and experienced ... The soldiers and police who participate in the pullout will be unarmed, with only the members of the special units allowed to carry arms in the area slated for evacuation."

At this sensitive moment, when forces are poised for possible conflict, Prime Minister Sharon suddenly struck a responsive chord, calling for a more "sensitive" pullout. Of course, the fact that some settlers were willing to leave en mass if they were relocated as a community, probably had something to do with the "gentler" Sharon.
            ===============
            Sharon today is in Texas meeting with George and no doubt discussing both the Disengagement currently scheduled, but also... Israel's Nukes; Further Disengagements in Judea & Samaria; and of course the New Oil Field in the Northern Israeli territory just South of Haifa. We now have two "Oil"-Men or should I say "Oily"-Men talking about what their plans are for {The Mountains of Israel}... I doubt that their plans align with those already laid down in God's Word.

There is a whole lot of hurt coming... and coming soon!

Comment

Don the Wee Baptist: I love the "oily men" comment. What follows is a cross post of a response I made to PlumBob's question if God will abandon His people:

well what do you think they have been doing over in Israel for the last almost 40 years?..failing to possess the Land that God gave them in 1967. He has allowed them to languish in unbelief for the past 38 years, with only some courageous Jews willing to settle the ancestral land of Israel, only to have their legs cut out from underneath them. IMHO the God of Israel is about to enter the equation in a BIG WAY. I believe we will see this mess continue to fester up to and including the start of forced evacuations from the whole west bank area with the assistance of foreign troops (a coalition of the willing) to turn the Mountains of Israel into the Mountains of Fatah and Hamas. Is it not interesting that in Ezekiel 36 God does not even bother to speak to the people? He is speaking to the Mountains themselves to inform them what he is about to do for the glory of His own Name.
              PB I think 40 is a significant number. 40 years after Jesus crucifixion the Roman armies arrived and administered God's judgment on the nation by flattening Jerusalem and destroying the nation. 40 years after Sinai the Israelites entered the Land. It was 38 years after the rejection at Kadesh Barnea, so we are getting close to something BIG happening in Israel if you start the clock ticking in 1967.
              I believe it is noteworthy that in the Gog/MaGog "invasion" there is no resistance mentioned in the text. It will be God ALONE who acts in power, in spite of the "wisdom" of the Government of Israel or the USA or the EU etc.
              Well I have said enough. That is why I have tried to keep the Ezekiel 36 thread going (not for head count certainly) to keep these issues right in front of our eyes right down to the hour when the BIG ONE (a 10+) flattens the mountains of Israel and takes out Gog, his friends and settles the question of who owns the Land over there.
              I will cross post this to the Ezekiel thread for anyone that might be interested in continuing the conversation..I don't want to hijack your thread PB!

Comment

In Chapter 39 verse 4,5
                4Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.

5Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.

IMHO it seems like these people will Die on the field and be left for the animals and take (7months) to clean up the dead. If it was an earthquake that takes the lives of these people surely only the people near structures would be killed by falling debris. What about the bodies left for the animals, and birds as in the passage.

I have an idea. There has been much talk of the U.S. forcing Israel's hand to disarm their nukes (the ones they have never claimed openly to have). What if the Earthquakes that we all feel are coming to the mountains, caused a meltdown. This could cause some serious poisoning of any troops nearby. Leaving them dead where they stood.

Just an idea.....

Comment

in addition to the earthquake I think you will find reference to a whole array of other stuff (brimstone etc) I suspect there will be a lot of firey debris coming down. Oh then there is the fact that the "allies" all turn on each other. That was a favorite tactic used by God in the ancient times..get the bad guys all shooting at each other in total confusion (remember Gideon?) Any way you slice the deck you end up with a whole lot of hurting. I read not long ago that the reference to leaving one sixth of the group alive was itself a mistranslation..that the entire group will be anhiliated. Either way it will be a dark day for Gog and his associates.

Comment

So are we (Canada) to be considered guilty by association to the U.S. if the wrath of God comes to the U.S.?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy
                      I have a question for the people of this thread. . .
                      My question is, with the disengagement plan moving ahead with alarming speed, what long term money or financial gains are the United States, or in particular the Bush family hoping to gain by backing this agenda? . . . What long term agendas are being set up here? Will any of it even matter if the U.S. Sends in troops to help with the plan causing the “end of days” to commence?

Comments or ideas?
                      Snoopy -

I've been pondering the questions you pose for several days now, and since I don't see anyone else explicly addressing the questions, I'll give you my 2 shekles worth

First, I'll go back historically to a time, likely before you were born, when another Christian was elected to the presidency of the US. Jimmy Carter, although of the other political party, was also widely perceived to be a Christian, with roots in a protestant denomination in Georgia. I guess he also had peanut "roots" in Georgia, too. I was much younger then, and did in fact vote for Mr. Carter, and vividly remember encouraging an older Christian lady to do the same - even though she quite clearly told me that she had some reservations about him - simply because of my perception of his Christianity. In retrospect, I consider Carter to be one of the worst presidents we've had in modern times, and now IMHO is a shameful example of the worst in ex-presidents.

As I've stated in this thread before, I did vote for Mr. Bush. Would I do differently if we could revote? Absolutely not! When I'm 100 I may look back and tell you that George Bush was a terrible president, but I will not do so now.

Clearly Mr. Bush is not walking the path that: 1) I perceived that he would walk under the circumstances that I thought I saw from my vantage point. 2) Has failed to interact w/ Israel as I might wish that he would. 3) Has seemingly done an about face.

Just as clearly, I am WAY OUTSIDE the Beltway (Shoot, I'm on the other side of the Mississippi River )

As I've stated before, my heart tells me that Mr. Bush knows something that the rest of us don't. I hope and pray that he's acting in a way to protect North America - you included - from an enemy that you and I don't perceive. This is NOT to be construed as a "spiritual" enemy, rather I'm thinking flesh-n-blood terrorists.

Another fact here, to which I can personally attest, is that MOST of Christendom, even "Evangelicals" don't have a clue about matters that are discussed in this Board. Deaf, Dumb, Blind, and Silly. My sense is that very likely Mr. Bush comes to us from a background of spiritual teaching/learning, where these matters are not even discussed. Certainly not emphasized. Although it's easy for us to take pot-shots at him, he may in fact be spiritually feeling his way along in the dark.

I will be surprised if, in the end, we find the Bush family to have been acting against North America's - your's included - best interests, for personal gain.

Whatever Mr. Bush does, and doesn't do, w/o any other evidence, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, I will not speak against him. His actions may not be what I perceive I would do - his actions may not be what I would think he should do, based on what I can see from here, but until I see something that looks a lot more sinister, I am going to believe that he is leading the US in the best way that he knows, under the circumstances that he perceives.

Please note, Dear Snoopy, that this is not Snoopy bashing, either

I think we are all caught up in the midst of a very serious spiritual battle here. We cannot even pretend to understand what's going on in the other dimension.

ZionGene and I covenanted w/ each other weeks and weeks ago, to pray daily for our leaders, including Mr. Bush. I continue to do so. Again, I would solicit every reader of this thread to do so with us!

You are correct in your question about (paraphrase) "will it matter anyway?" No. God has appointed a time. That time is as certain as the fact that the sun rose this morning. God will carry out his plan according to His will. Our task is to watch and pray, and be instrumental in leading others to Christ while we can.

Comment

PlumBob thanks for not bashing...

I think for the most part President Bush is naive to the End of Days scenario. I do however believe that the people around him are not. My heart wants to believe that President Bush is a young christian struggling with his new found faith and fumbling along as he learns how to grow, but the skeptic in me feels that God would not let one of his own be the leader in a plot that brings about the End of Days. If he truly is a believer then would he not be spared? If this be the case how can Gog from the Land of Gog be a true statement? Would Bush not be Gog? If he is spared then are we not heading to the End of Days as this thread is pointing out?
                        I think that if Bush leads the charge into the disengagement plan, then he is not the believer he claims to be.

Snoopy.

Comment

Snoopy here is a cross post to some comments I made recently to Jason about "going down the wrong road":
                          Hi Jason: I got to thinking about your comment about the President: "I know he is going down the wrong road with the road map - " Let's think about wrong roads for a moment. Sometimes when I am driving along I take a wrong road...normally the only consequence is the bit of gas burned (oops that is now a BIG consequence ) and the loss of time involved. Now let's suppose that I make a mistake driving in the mountains and that the road I follow in error turns out to lead over a precipice...not only me but my whole family gets killed. IMHO the consequences of what is about to happen in the Middle East are much closer to that second example. If the USA follows a President "down the wrong road" the consequences will be catastrophic, not simply inconvenient.
                          I once heard the story of the father driving a station wagon on vacation. he was backing up the car and asked his son to check and see if there was anything out behind. The son said "no, there isn't". Fortunately the father decided to check himself. He was terrified to find out there was NOTHING out there AT ALL! he was near the edge of a parking lot with a very long drop to the bottom into a deep ravine. I don't want to be the little boy who tells the President "There's nothing out there" I want to hammer on the hood and say "Stop the car before you kill us all"!

Comment

HSB, I like the picture you paint, it is very clear.

My issues are not with the understanding of your point, it is just that I do not agree with it. I can't believe that a person that has put their faith in God, as Mr. Bush has proclaimed many times, could be leading the charge into Israel blindly or by choosing the wrong road. If Gog is to be an example of God's Might and protection of Israel...then how would he sacrifice one of his followers to meet this design. I think that if Bush leads the charge into Israel, then sadly he is not a believer, and if he does, and he is a believer then he can not be Gog. Sadly we will not know this until after it has happened.

Snoopy.

Comment

Snoopy here is another comment. When I returned from Israel in 2000 I was really concerned about the possibility of George= Gog that I heard from some Orthodox folks over there. I did a lot of study in language sources, Hebrew texts of Ezekiel etc. The more I studied the more I was alarmed at what seemed to be emerging....a coalition of the willing being deployed to implement a Palestinian state in the Mountains of Israel. So what to do??????
                              I wrote to John Hagee who I understand is a good friend of the Bush family to share my concerns and flag the issue for at least consideration. What I got back from the Hagee staff was a polite thank you for thinking of us note, mentioning that they reviewed the material I forwarded and would not be passing it along to Dr. Hagee for consideration.
                              Last November I was in Israel and met a prominent Canadian evangelist associated with the Crossroads ministry. He recounted to me the large number of miracles that had occured at the birth of the nation of Israel in 1948. His father had been very active in missions in the Mid East area at the time. So I said what did he think about the plan to give the entire ancient kingdom of Israel to the arabs, dispossess hundreds of thousands of Jews who have moved there as a result of alyea and in the process work directly against the word of God in Ezekiel 36? He said "I don't think we should be meddling in the political affairs of another country!" So then I asked him.."what if in the process of this evacuation Canadian peacekeeper troops are front and center and as a result the judgment of God falls on Canada? he said to me "well we will just have to wait and see, won't we?" Read my story above about the station wagon with "nothing out behind".
                              There is something terribly wrong with a replacement theology that is BLIND, DEAF and DUMB when it comes to the "facts on the ground" Snoopy. I am tired of "banging my fist on the hood of the car and yelling Stop, you are going to kill us all!!!"
                              So to the dear Canadians who cannot wait to see Canadian troops "helping out" in Israel, I say get ready for the judgment of God!
                              PS NOt everyone will be able to squeeze into PlumBob's hideyhole West of the Mississippi. At least it isn't on a "coastland"

Comment

Snoopy- I guess we will wait to see what "fruit" comes out on the branch. Just remember that if you see a large deployment of soldiers into Israel, friendly sorts who have only come to pull people out of their homes in the middle of the night, brace yourself.
                                I don't know if George Bush is a Christian or not, I surely hope he is!! If he leads a coalition into Israel against the express written word of God, he will be smashed and his country with him IMHO. Now some others on this thread have indicated that George is certainly a real born again Christian and that no child of God could be Gog. In that case we need not worry..somehow George will see the wisdom of avoiding the wrath of God and let someone else do the dirty work. I CERTAINLY HOPE SO!!! But each passing day the sky darkens a little Snoopy.
                                IF my ugly little scenario in fact plays out there will be a huge crowd of Christians, let alone others, saying WHAT HAPPENED??? That will turn out to be perhaps the most pathetic consequence of all.

Comment

Working...
                                X