X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

Snoopy...
    To the best of my knowledge, for the Time-of-the-Gentiles God has seen fit to have a blindness cover the minds of His People... He still has His remnant as He has always had down through History... but the Natural Branch [Israel] has been broken off so that the Wild Branch [Gentiles] may have access to this Salvation.
    They don't see by-en-large because they have been blinded... But... only for a time [2000 years]! All is unfolding just as He had planned before He Created anything... God is God and He still is in control of His Universe... That is what makes Him GOD!

To All....

NOW is the Time to hear from you...

'IF' this Thread has been a blessing to you...

'If' this Thread has given you insights into His Word...

'If' this Thread has caused you to want to read His Word again... THEN...

PLEASE let PlumBob, ZionGene, HSB, and Snoopy KNOW IT!!!!

We need to hear from you... Get REGISTERED, and send in your two Shekel’s worth... it just might keep these guys from morphing into something else, than the Man-in-the-Gap that they have become... Shouting the Warning that the World's Saints need to hear!!!

Lets hear from You.... NOW!!!

HSB... Thank you for having the insight to have gotten this Thread going!!!
    Last edited by Don Brooks; 03-28-2005, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy
      . . . how can the people of Israel still be blind to the scriptures and not see the words of the bible? . . .
      And that is an excellent question, addressed appropraitely by Don, I think.

But when you have read through the Bible in its entirety (enough times) you will see that since the time of Moses - (actually, I think earlier than that - but we'll start w/ Moses here) the Jewish people have not been particularly careful to obey what God has told them very specifically to do.

God has, throughout history, repeatedly said "Jewish people, do Thus and So."
      The Jewish people have repeatedly done a little of Thus, some of So, and a good bit of What Felt Good, or what was the least scarry.

Now, from there you have to go to the Bible scholars to discern how God presently, and in the future, will deal w/ them. But I think there is no question that God loves them dearly, and intends in the end for them to all respond appropriately to that love.

They take too literally the D-S Axiom. They are waiting until the SEE it (Messiah), to believe.

Don thanks for the kind words, but this answer to Snoopy just demonstrates to me that I've got to take some time to become more agile in the Word and more solid in my examples.

Comment

PlumBob: I understand that the Jewish people throughout history have tended not to follow too closely the words of God. Foolishly and sometime blatantly defying Him. I guess I am a little confused as to how this is a reoccurring theme in their history as well as their future. I have a strong need for facts and evidence, but as I have faith and religion in my life as well, I sometimes battle internally with these two things. How can logical people, in todays society, with all that we have technology wise and information wise, still not decipher or even acknowledge what we are discussing here in this thread, as being a possible outcome to what is written in Ezekiel? And if they have, not be scared to death of what lies ahead. It boggles my mind.
        Now I am under the belief that when the “End of Days” is upon us there will be no mistaking the signs, and as of right now, there are many things that are of great importance happening, but none that are so plainly obvious that I cannot deny them as “the signs”. What scares me, is that we have been given a tool in the bible, that gives us insight into our own futures, and the people of Israel will choose to ignore it until it may be too late.

Snoopy

Comment

The following was in my original post in January.

"On the near horizon, the single greatest impact event I see coming is the attempt to create a Palestinian state. If this turns out to be successful, let's all put our books away for another 50 years because the "mountains of Israel" would then be the "mountains of the Palestinian Arabs".

If this new state is to be foisted on the Jews, and we know it will be, then I ask who is going to implement it? It won't be the IDF, with over 10,000 military personnel already signing a petition that they would refuse to uproot Jews from settlements. It will require a large multinational "peace" force. I believe this is the force that will constitute Gog's "coalition".

All I would appreciate is a consideration of the consequences of implementing an arab state on the west bank, and the abandonment of the very area God is speaking to in Ezekiel 36. Somebody is going to have to show up soon on the mountains of Israel to do the dirty work. Could this be the hook in the jaws? My point is that if Americans are involved in this exercise, then run for cover as divine judgment will speedily be on the way."

Since then the "peace deal" has developed a full head of steam, the US and EU governements have raised the pressure, a chance to have a referendum on the topic in Israel failed today! The last chance other than divine intervention appears to be the budget that must be passed before March 31st ends or the government will fall. I suspect the budget will get passed.

I wish a pleasant rest to those who wish to "take a break" from the issues on this thread. If the land for peace deal gets established peacefully I will join you for a very long break. In the meantime I intend to raise the POSSIBILITY that the act of dragging thousands of Jews out of their homes against their will, then bulldozing their homes or better still giving them to Hamas terrorists will bring down the wrath of God Himself on whomever is involved. Tell me it matters a lot if the folks doing the dragging are gestapo thugs or blue berets from the UN, or nice guys from the Midwest USA. The effect will be the same.

To Snoopy: I don't think Christians have been any better than Jews in the past when it comes to reading and following Scripture. That's another whole thread discussion though.

Let's all hope that it's the Russians who ride in on their horses to steal the cattle that don't exist in Israel. But just spend one shekel of your investments watching the stock future of USA deployment on the mountains of Israel. As I said too many times already ...REGARDLESS OF THE PRETEXT.

I will continue to contribute to this thread and hope that others will as well. Even those who strongly disagree are welcome to join the discussion (please acknowledge and backup your assumptions though. I am still waiting to hear back from a number of folks who posted and I asked for supporting documentation.)

If anything I have become more convinced that this land deal with the arabs will accomplish nothing other than the destruction of a whole lot of things, perhaps even us! Pray I'm wrong but "please do not adjust your set" quite yet.

Comment

I've been reading! It's been a great thread! I can certainly understand the need for a vacation...but I hope it's not for long.

I'm here..I just don't have much to say...but I'm reading

Comment

I have enjoyed this thread from the start and this is the first place I come to in this forum, hope you guys and gals continue to update this thread with new info as it happens.

kennygg

Comment

Lightseeker and kennygg: keep reading and posting as you see fit related to this issue (it's not going away anytime soon ) Also to lewishb: I appreciate your comments, even though we may disagree on some of the details/timing etc. Keep challenging us! PS How do you KNOW that the AC sets up the peace before Gog arrives? I can understand that as a possibility but you speak as if it were a certainty.

To ZG and PlumBob:have a rest but do not stay away too long. the issues keep percolating... (PlumBob thanks for the great maps)

To everyone: This thread reached into the thousands of hits for two reasons. One is the fact a few people decided to keep a conversation going (It is tough to do that with yourself) But secondly people read it because they are concerned about what is happening in the world, israel and America. No one has forced anyone to read any of these posts. I certainly don't agree with everything that people post, but really appreciate the thoughtfulness of the interactions. WE ALL GROW!!! we are not trying for any kind of record on "hits". but I think the number reflects the interest in the topic. I don't see how anything is gained by starting a "Son of Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains that used to be Israel before they got taken away forcefully". the moderators are quite capable of "zeroing" the counters if they want to. In the meantime I will continue to post information that comes my way, as well as respond to the best of my ability to questions or comments others raise. Shalom. HSB
                Last edited by HSB; 03-29-2005, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I, too, have followed this thread from the beginning and it certainly has opened my eyes! It has presented scenerios I had never considered, always thinking Gog had to be Russia. This is the first thread I look for everyday. Thank you to all who have contributed....I may not contribute but I have definitely been reading everyday and have recommended it to several friends.
                  Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

thanks for the comments JudyAnn. I appreciate the fact that people like you are willing to consider the POSSIBILITY of other solutions then the Russian horde on horseback arrival. I think we are about to enter a period when even vast numbers of Christians will be totally shocked at the developments around them, and have absolutely no idea where any of it came from. And yet, while this scenario we have discussed may be wrong (I for one certianly hope it is wrong) it is certainly more than possible, it is becoming likely. There are elements (jigsaw pieces according to PlumBob) that can be assembled this way and do no "violence" to the Scriptures. I have asked repeatedly for someone who believes the Gog comes from Russia on horseback to explain why he is after "cattle" that don't exist in Israel, or to explain the effect of God sending "fire on the coastlands" as making any sense when almost nobody in Russia lives along their coasts due to the ice. Folks are justifiably sceptical of my scenario, but I am still waiting for a detailed critique to knock the pins out from underneath it. Keep reading and occasionally posting info or questions.

Comment

Hello all....

I just came across a wonderful statement in Arutz this morning, and had to share it...

"As long as you think you have a better idea," Rabbi Moshe David Tendler recently said, "one that the Master of the Universe didn't think of, He waits until you finish. Once you make up your mind that there's nothing to do, then you come to the conclusion, ‘We have no one to rely on, except our Father in Heaven.'" Rabbi Tendler, of Yeshiva University.

That, my friends, is what will happen more & more as the Wine Press is tightened on Israel... until not only the Rabbi's, but every Israeli Citizen will realize... There is no one left to turn to but God Himself... And that is the very Time... Messiah shows up... for the second time... The One that had been pierced for all of us!

HSB... Thanks for your commitment to this Thread... I believe that as 'others' tell 'others' about it, a groundswell will begin that may eventually challenge the Theologians of the last 200 years into considering something other than Gog as Russia!!! Remember... of the approximately 2.8 Million who came out of Egypt, only two of those twenty years old and older actually understood, and acted on that understanding thereby gaining the Promised Land!!! The ratio isn't too much different even today... At the time of His first appearance... most of the established Religion had decided how things would be and they were WRONG... few recognized the Saviour then, and few will understand now! I'm not saying that you have a hold on the only explanation... but I will say... No-One has come forward with a better explanation for our current and immediate future.

Thanks for making the offer to stay tuned and respond to questions... and add commentary from time to time... Your a good man Charlie Brown [Notice: I didn't use Ichabod or Crane]
                      Last edited by Don Brooks; 03-29-2005, 11:15 AM.

Comment

HSB, why am i certain that the Gog war is the 2nd seal of Rev? please note that Israel is at peace before the Gog invasion, thinking that they are SAFE!
                        no effort by the present cast of delusional characters can possibly make them feel safe and stop the constant terror attacks!!! Ezekiel says Israel is Recovered from war, has no bars or gates meaning no way to defend herself!
                        Israel would only give up her nukes, weapons if she felt safe, felt that the Messiah had finally come!!!( this all places the Gog-Magog war DURING the tribulation as in the seccond seal !!! The battle of armageddon After the abomination only lasts 45 days. The Gog war and Armageddon are two separate wars separated by allmost 7 years of time!! I posted my timeline before elsewhere.

Comment

One thing that I forgot to mention in my last post, the one w/ the links to the maps, was this....

I also found a map showing the fault lines in Israel. That data must be kept secret or something, because I couldn't find anything that was "official." But - what I found was a little PowerPoint presentation that someone from the University of Miami (large percentage of Jewish students, I understand) had put together. In a nutshell, the map indicates that there are 3 known fault line systems in Israel. One runs essentially north-south, in the Jordan river valley. Another runs parallel to that, and to the west of it, from approximately the Sea of Galilee south-south-west to somewhere in the Jerusalem vicinity, then curves off south-east, through Jordan. This second fault line appears to run smack-dab through the center of the "Mountains of Israel", being those mountains between the Jordan valley and the coast, that I showed on the other map. The last is a system that appears to originate somewhere south of Jerusalem, and run parallel to the others, southward-ish, again branching into an essentially east-west fault that runs westward into Egypt, and another that takes off south-east, through Jordan.

The map also denotes that there have been earthquakes along the fault line in the mountains.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of either the map, or my description of it. Again, it didn't come from any "official" source. But it was interesting, never-the-less.

I also noted today that the Iraqi government is having a hard time getting started. I think it would be very interesting (and significant) if the UN or EU were to step in over the next few weeks to "assist the Iraqi's".... Hummmm.

Andy, Severo, if there is some way for me to post a ppt. file for folks to downolad, if anyone has any interest, I'll be happy to. It's 91kb. It doesn't have any kind of indication of copyright. I've got it here.

PB
                          Last edited by PlumBob; 03-29-2005, 08:52 PM. Reason: correct misspelled word (gasp)

Comment

I for one would like to see it!

Comment

OK, we'll see what the admins can do. If I can't post it here, I'll go back and try to find the link again.

Later -

Well HSB, there ya go. Budget (Israel's) passed, referrendum defeated. Disengagement on its way, like it or not.

I thought that Bibi (Netanyahu) had always been more hawkish. I see that even he says that a PA state would be "acceptable" under certain conditions. There's a rotten fish in Denmark! This is in Arutz Sheva...

Then in JPost, it says he's "against" disengagement. Boy, this is strange!
                              Last edited by PlumBob; 03-29-2005, 08:42 PM.

Comment

PlumBob...
                                I too would be interested in your Power Point...

I found your Bibi reference interesting as I recall about two years ago reading of the Bible Codes that... Bibi (Netanyahu) has ASSASSINATED across his name in similar fashion as did Yitzhak Rabin... not only that, but in Amman Jordan. I remember thinking at the time... Bibi would have to become Prime Minister again [A very distinct possibility in the very near future], be invited to Amman Jordan [What better pretext than Peace talks], and taken out for having ordered the Assassination of the Leader of Terrorism in the Middle East right there in Amman Jordan years ago while he was Prime Minister... Under the logic of.. "A Life for a Life"... I believe that Bibi will be taken out in Amman Jordan in retribution for his ordering this Assassination years ago. This will trigger a concerted Arab attack on Israel assuming that confusion reigns within Israel... Once again God protects His Name, and His People.

We live in very interesting times my good friends... The Roller Coaster Ride is leaving the Station... "Hang-on"!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X