X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

TO THE COMFORT OF JACOB AND ISRAEL

Isaiah 44:21 Remember these, O Jacob and Israel; for thou art my servant: I have formed thee; thou art my servant: O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten of me. 22 I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee. 23 Sing, O ye heavens; for the LORD hath done it: shout, ye lower parts of the earth: break forth into singing, ye mountains, O forest, and every tree therein: for the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and glorified himself in Israel. 24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Lamentations 1:2 She weepeth sore in the night, and her tears are on her cheeks: among all her lovers she hath none to comfort her: all her friends have dealt treacherously with her, they are become her enemies.

Isaiah 40:1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. 2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.

Psalm 130:7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption. 8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Psalm 131:3 Let Israel hope in the LORD from henceforth and for ever.

Psalm 146:5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: 6 Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever::

Jeremiah 14:8 O the hope of Israel, the saviour thereof in time of trouble, why shouldest thou be as a stranger in the land, and as a wayfaring man that turneth aside to tarry for a night?

Psalm 130:7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

Joel 3:16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Joel 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. 15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. 16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. 17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and
    there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

Isaiah 51:3 For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

Zechariah 1:16 Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem. 17 Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

Comment

ZionGene: thanks for the tip off to Israel national Radio broadcast on the Ark. Isn't this a wonderful resource. I love the way they discuss issues that are current and religious/spiritual at the same time. It is a blessing to listen to this, as well as read ArutzSheva.
      I have read through your recent posts about Gentile powers. I found your comments helpful and clarifying. Oh that our entire Gentile world would attribute whatever glory and excellence that is achieved to the real source of all wisdom and understanding The Lord God Almighty, Creator of EVERY good thing.
      All of the Gentile powers you mentioned lie now in the dustbin of history. The Jews continue (and I would suggest their finest days lie AHEAD!!!). When my wife and I were in Athens years ago we ate dinner within view of the Acropolis. I told the waiter it was magnificent! He said why do you sya that. So I extolled the accomplishments of the ancient Greeks and marvelled at the architecture of the Parthenon etc. Do you know what he then said to us?? "He said "It's just a pile of rocks up there" LOL. On the spot I told my wife I would have failed the waiter for Tourism 101! But you know what? He was absolutely right. Same for the Forum in Rome, another DEAD place. But standing in the plaza beside the West Wall in Jerusalem you sense the vibrancy, conflict and challenges of the entire world... Gentile powers will come and go (our own included) Whatever spark and sizzle they display is a tribute to divine grace, but Israel will continue to outlast them all (just like the little Energizer bunny rabbit with the drum)

Comment

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/ob...?itemNo=549938

(Notice the comment of the rabbi in the second paragraph below. If even the words of the false prophet Balaam of old, was acknowledged to have weight before God, then I say that words such as those below, uttered by a leading rabbi today, should incline Mr. Sharon to put his house in order.)

Last update - 20:51 09/03/2005
        Ovadia Yosef won't face probe for saying PM is evil
        By Yuval Yoaz, Haaretz Correspondent and Haaretz Service

Attorney General Menachem Mazuz decided Wednesday not to launch an investigation against Shas party spiritual leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef after the rabbi called Prime Minister Ariel Sharon "evil".

In a pre-Purim sermon at a Jerusalem synagogue, the rabbi expressed fierce opposition to Sharon and his disengagement plan, saying, "What a cruel and evil man who does such things." Yosef also commented that "God will strike him with one blow and he will die, he will sleep and not awake."

Senior sources in the Justice Ministry said that Yosef "hopes [that this] will happen to the prime minister, but there is no clear, operative instruction to his listeners [to act], and thus there is apparently no grounds for an investigation."

Yosef told the leader of the Sephardi ultra-Orthodox party, MK Eli Yishai, on Wednesday that he is sorry if his comments were misconstrued and that he wishes Sharon a long-life. He also told Yishai that he also hopes Sharon will be blessed with wisdom, and go back on his decision to carry out the unilateral disengagement.

Shas members downplayed Yosef's remarks, saying the rabbi did not wish for Sharon's death, but rather the death of the disengagement plan.

"The rabbi was speaking against the disengagement, the rabbi has criticism against the prime minister, but you cannot say the rabbi called for harming the prime minister," Shas MK Shlomo Benizri told Israel Radio.

But others slammed Yosef. "He hates Israel, hates the Arabs, incites and calls on heaven to strike down the prime minister, it is unbelievable," Roni Brizon, a lawmaker from the secular Shinui party, told the radio.

On Tuesday, Yosef met with settlement rabbis, and rejected their request to support a national referendum on the withdrawal.

Comment

Le's face it HSB, the business in which we are involved in this thread has its risks. If I am not attacked personally soon, I would be suprised! And if I had not been blessed exceedings, with blessings which money cannot buy, I would not post another word that is to the blessing of Israel and the Jews. Doing this simply does not make you and me--and others--popular with many folks.

Comment

Stop the presses! I just saw a Golgi body running past the window...I think he escaped from the Golgi Archipeligo! LOL

PlumBob: I remember golgi bodies from University Biology classes so many years ago, but have no idea what they are any more...so I asked my wife the Biology major what they were. She said "They're part of a cell! Look it up on the internet" Suddenly I felt very old. I hope doctors who work on patients don't have senior's moments like this often!

from your "silver tongued friend".... hopefully it's not a silver fork

Comment

ZionGene: i was just thinking about the Christian attitude towards the Jews down through the years. Many Christians believe that when a Jew "converts" to Christianity he/she should give up the Jewish distinctives.. because in Christ there is "neither Jew nor Greek" etc. Now Paul said the same about men and women as I recall..but nobody suggests we should go completely to unisex clothing and hairstyles etc. It occurs to me that if Jews in fact had all believed in Jesus AND then given up their distinctives, then there wouldn't even be any Jews left, because they would ALL have been assimilated. It follows then that the only reason there are Jews today that are recognizable is because they clung onto the distinctives. It seems bizarre to be in a position where the very group that we want to respond to the gospel would cease to exist if in fact they did!! That seems to me to be exactly what replacement theologians are after...

I for one am happy to be a "grafted in Gentile"

Comment

To: LewisB
                It just occured to me that you had posted a scenario very early on in this thread...how do you see the forced evacuations fitting into things? Will they go ahead smoothly? will there be chaos? will God intervene? how does the A/C get to make a treaty with the Jews? who does he represent (EU etc)? why is a treaty even necessary..protection from the Arabs etc? I'd really like to hear some more of your thoughts on this.

Comment

Dear HSB

I think that it is easy to establish the fact, that the New Testament, in the Acts of the Apostles and in the Epistles, support the point that it is God's will--although not now a law for them--that Jews maintain their disinctiveness and religious customs, even after coming to Christ. The reason for this is, that God plans to use the Jewish ethnic pedigree of Jacob and Israel to His glory in the future, for which reason, He wants the Jews to preserve that. The only modifications which such Jews are subject to, would be those updatings and fulfillings by the words of Jesus Himself, such as are found in the Sermon On the Mount.

On the other hand, no non-Jewish believer in Christ is required of the New Testament to live like a Jew naturally does, and if he does so, he benefits only to the degree that that culture, which was handed down from Sinai, has great health benefits, among other things. But in doing so, that Gentile believer in Christ, is not in the least pleasing God more than anyone else, who does not ascribe to that culture--in such things as circumcision and the observance of the Seventh Day Sabbath. I think of the sharp rebuke of Peter, metered out by Paul about the former's insistence that born-again Gentiles live like Jews

Comment

Hello All...

This thread has been wonderful to follow; to occasionally jump in and provide a couple of shekel’s worth of opinion. Thank you HSB for throwing out the concept... your 'scenario' of things to come from your current observations, understanding of Scripture, and insights have generated great dialogue. You've painted a picture that is hard to ignore, and even more difficult to refute. I like your added challenge to argue in the Public Forum.

In my wandering(s) around the Net, I came across this little nugget of fascinating information… add it to this ever-growing body of understanding for whatever worth you choose to give it.
                    THE HILL OF EVIL COUNSEL[CENTER]

In the January 2000 issue of Israel Today, a magazine published, obviously, in Israel is the story of the "Hill of Evil Counsel". This hill is south of the Old City of Jerusalem and south of the Mount of Olives. It has had its name since the time of Jesus.

Interestingly, in order to get to the Hill of Evil Counsel from the Old City one must pass through the Valley of Gehinnom (or Gehenna) or through Akeldama. In Greek Gehenna means "hell". It was where the city’s trash was thrown. There were rats and vermin there and fires smouldered there continually. Akeldama is the field Judas bought with the money obtained by his betrayal of Jesus (Acts 1:19).

In the time of Jesus, the Hill of Evil Counsel was where the homes of two High Priests were located. Hannas and his son-in-law Caiphus lived there. It was Caiphus who led the Sanhedrin when it demanded the death of Jesus.

Prior to the time of Jesus this same hill was home to Antiochus Epiphanies IV. It was he who in 165 B.C. foreshadowed the anti-Christ by desecrating the Temple of God. It is said that he sacrificed a pig on the altar of the Temple.

In 1920 the Hill of Evil Counsel became home to Government House, the headquarters
                    for the British in Palestine. The British were not very supportive of the Jews. The Jews suffered at the hand of the British. The Jews were not allowed to have any weapons, not even pistols or revolvers. In 1948 when Israel became a state, the British withdrew from what they called Palestine and left all of their weapons, tanks and artillery, to the Arabs!

By the way, the land is properly known as Israel. It was Israel until the Romans deported the Jews in 135 A.D. The Romans shipped the Jews to slave markets all over the Roman Empire and then renamed the land of the Children of Israel. They named the land for the enemy of the Jews, the Philistines. In Latin "Philistine" is Palestine. In their own language today the Palestinians call themselves "Philistines".

It is interesting how traditions continue to hold true. Black or darkness traditionally indicates evil. White or light traditionally indicates good. The Hill of Evil Counsel traditionally has been the location of anti-God or anti-Israel forces.

Who lives on the Hill of Evil Counsel today? The United Nations has an administrative compound on the hill. In the future will the United Nations fill the role of an anti-God or anti-Israel oppressor?

My Prayer is that this article is a blessing to you. If you would like to receive these messages please email Ron Taylor, Bro42@comcast.net

For an archive of articles go to http://www.luke810.com/series.htm
                    =================================

We are truly blessed to be living right now, as the ‘Day-of-the-Lord’ approaches. It occurs to me that God has had a remnant of His Chosen People all down through History to do what He had called them to do… demonstrate His Character, His Nature, His Persona, to we Gentiles. Yes they messed up… but when it became ‘The Time-of-the-Gentiles’ we too messed up… both Jew & Gentile messed up because of the sin-nature within us. SOOooo… it is nothing of any good within us that He saw, or needed, but it was while we were yet ‘sinners’ He demonstrated His Love towards us.

For the Time of the Gentiles, God has turned His attention away from His Chosen People, all the while retaining a Remnant. Now as the Time of the Gentiles is coming to an end… He is once again turning His attention to His Chosen People. There is much chaos and suffering to come, as the Wine-Press is squeezed, but the Glorious end result is that His People turn to Him in a Day, and none are lost. However, the Wine-Press is to take two-thirds of the Nation… Hitler managed to get one-third… the A/C will better that attempt by a factor of two times… what terrible pain and suffering lies ahead, as God permits His People to be squeezed to the point that there is no one on earth left for them to turn to other than ‘Their God’! They missed Him again in the end as they signed an agreement ‘with Death’… thinking mistakenly that the A/C was their Saviour… what a terrible mistake! We are currently watching what is called in a ‘Sting’ Operation the “Set-Up”!

Yes! Other Nations have risen and fallen… left in the dustbin of History! Only Israel has existed down through the ages… demonstrating that God has a plan [not many plans] and He is unfolding it as accurately today as He did in the 600 years after He told Daniel what was to happen… He was accurate then as He continues to be accurate now… that is what makes Him God!

And He has made us His Sons… Joint-heirs with Jesus, having the Father’s Name and the right to the Birthright of the Firstborn Wow!

Comment

I invite you to click onto www.israelnationalradio.com ,and scroll down to an archived program by Tovia Singer. The name of the program is, "Disaster In The Name of Allah," and the lady being interviewed is a Ms. Denise Gary-Pandol

Comment

You know, right on the eve of the Six Days War in 1967, Mr. Rabin, who was then Chief Of Staff (if I remember correctly) had a nervous breakdown, as a result of the pressure and threats of noisy Arabs neighbors. Also, the then Prime Minister (his name escapes me at this minute), also showed signs of great emotion distress and paralysis.

I remember too, that Prime Minister Begin had to resign from the premiership position in Israel, as a result of his depression caused by the loss of men in Lebanon and the death of his wife.

I would not be surprised if, as a result of the truma and confusion being caused by this disengagement business, and the mental distress that it must be bringing to all the leaders in Israel--who must be having terrible bouts with their consciences--that the government comes to the brink of collapse and inertia, AND THAT THE SANHEDRIN WILL BE CALLED IN TO SAVE AND LEAD THE NATION

Comment

Originally posted by ZionGene
                          You know, right on the eve of the Six Days War in 1967, Mr. Rabin, who was then Chief Of Staff (if I remember correctly) had a nervous breakdown, as a result of the pressure and threats of noisy Arabs neighbors. Also, the then Prime Minister (his name escapes me at this minute), also showed signs of great emotion distress and paralysis.

I remember too, that Prime Minister Begin had to resign from the premiership position in Israel, as a result of his depression caused by the loss of men in Lebanon and the death of his wife.

I would not be surprised if, as a result of the truma and confusion being caused by this disengagement business, and the mental distress that it must be bringing to all the leaders in Israel--who must be having terrible bouts with their consciences--that the government comes to the brink of collapse and inertia, AND THAT THE SANHEDRIN WILL BE CALLED IN TO SAVE AND LEAD THE NATION
                          ZionGene...
                          I believe that the Sanhedrin are going to play a very significan role in the affairs of Israel... However, with some two-thirds [2/3's] of Israel being secular, and making Lot's Choice to keep the 'good-land' for themselves, and give away... what constituted all of Israel when Saul was crowned King at Gilgal; it is going to be interesting to see how the Power struggle works itself out over time... And there just isn't much time left anymore.

In either case; Sanhedrin and/or Gov't, the combined result is to sign-on with the wrong 'Guy'! EU economic clout, combined with NATO might is going to look pertty good to Israel as a way for Peace & Safety to be realized... And when they say "Peace & Safety" then sudden destruction shall come upon them... The Wine Press is quite literally being prepared right before our eyes, and Israel is going to be 'hearded' right into it! Pray that this time [Wine Press] be shortened! There is a whole lot of 'hurt' coming.
                          Blessings: Don
                          Last edited by Don Brooks; 03-10-2005, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Hi Don the Baptist. I love how sometimes little typos can be so interesting. You mentioned "The wine press is being quite litterly..." No doubt you meant "literally" but I think the "litter" comment is also appropriate. There is a lot of litter around, so many unfulfilled peace commitments, so many broken promises...

Comment

please see following articles for activity by Egypt and Jordan among others to sweeten the deal for Israel:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/550151.html

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1110165540762

Comment

Originally posted by HSB
                                Hi Don the Baptist. I love how sometimes little typos can be so interesting. You mentioned "The wine press is being quite litterly..." No doubt you meant "literally" but I think the "litter" comment is also appropriate. There is a lot of litter around, so many unfulfilled peace commitments, so many broken promises...
                                HSB...

Thanks for the learning exercise... no doubt there is some "Teacher" in you or your background... Yes! There is a whole lot of "Litter" involved with what is going on over there. As quickly as I made the correction to my 'post', He could clean up all the 'litter'... some Day He will... I think that He referenced it as "The-Day-of-the-Lord"... All the 'Litter' will be addressed... by... MR. CLEAN! And when He cleans it all up... it will be clean in deed!!! Quite Litterless!
                                Bye...
                                Last edited by Don Brooks; 03-10-2005, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X