X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

And is what is the point of all this listing of the connection between Christ and Israel; and between the Jews and Jehovah?

The point is directed at you guys who would try to squeeze and diminish Israel today: God has made an investment in Israel and the Jewish People, which goes beyond them as individuals. When He wanted to demonstratre to Mankind the benefits of His Laws and His ordained culture, He took this people out of Egypt and used them as objects lessons--very often to their terror--but most of the time to their felicity.

Then, God set up the Levitical system and made Israel adopt it as a habit, even to the nitty-gritty of having a special tribe of Israel appointed to slay sacrifical lambs, thereby "legitimizing" the self sacrifice of Lamb Of God, Jesus Christ, because, among other things, he was put to death at the request of priests and Levites. If they did not "do it" to Jesus, God the Father would not have accepted Him as that Lamb. Christ even died according to the clock of redemption which was maintained by the Jews over the centuries! And the Lamb of God Himself must have had Jewish dna, too, by the way. No one from my ehnic background could have died for the sins of the world--neither from yours if you are not Jewish! That's a fact!

And continuing in God's demonstrating His ways in using Israel and the Jews as object lessons: He even used them historically to illustrate what it means "to fall in the hands of an angry God." Which gives nobody an excuse to say that he did not know that there was a penalty for sinning.

And now today, after having invested so much, and used that People to bring both the written and Living Word to the human race, do you suppose that the same God who appeared as Jehovah to Moses will permit anybody to twart or divert his plans to use that same people further, in the overall redemption of the Human Race. UN; USA: Ms Rice; Mr Tony Blair; the European Union; Mr. Abu Mazen; Mr. Ariel Sharon: halt! You are fighting against God! And if His words are not heeded, He will get rough!

And so, I continue reminding us what God has to say about the matter. Perhaps....

Comment

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/...p?storyid=3488

: U.S. Answerable to God for Pushing Israel's Withdrawal from Gaza
      Posted by Senior Editor on 2005/3/4 21:49:00
      By Jim Brown

(AgapePress) - A Christian author and Middle East expert says the U.S. and other countries backing Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's Gaza expulsion plan will be held accountable to God for those actions.

Sharon is currently coordinating the Gaza withdrawal plan with Palestinian leaders, despite hostile objections from Jewish settlers. The plan to pull settlements out of Gaza has been hailed by President George W. Bush as "historic and courageous," and applauded by the European Union -- but it still has its critics, including many evangelical supporters of Israel.

Among those critics is Christian author Dave Hunt, who writes for an Oregon-based ministry called The Berean Call. Recalling God's instructions in Leviticus 25:23 -- "The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants" -- Hunt says God will hold the U.S. and other nations responsible for pressing Israel to give away its land.

"Of course, the Israelis are accountable, too," Hunt says. "They have been trading this land for peace with an enemy that is sworn to exterminate them. But the worst thing they have done is to give it away."

The author notes that the Old Testament prophet Joel unambiguously states that God will judge all nations for scattering His chosen people, the Jews, among the nations, and for dividing His land. Hunt, who as authored numerous books on Israel and Bible prophecy, believes he knows why President Bush and his administration have called for Jewish settlers to be expelled from Gaza.

"He's got some advisors who are re-constructionists," the author states. "They deny that Israel has any more importance in God's plan, that God has excommunicated Israel because of her disobedience and she no longer has any part in this, so they spiritualize the promises of the restoration of Israel. They say that belongs to the church now."

Hunt notes that when Israel was conquered in the past, the conqueror did not divide the land as is happening now, but instead possessed it.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Jim Brown, a regular contributor to AgapePress, is a news reporter for American Family Radio News, which can be heard online.

Comment

http://www.jnewswire.com./library/pr...?articleid=454

Jerusalem Newswirewww.jnewswire.com Print
        Close Possibility of civil war becomes a reality
        By Jerusalem Newswire Editorial Staff

March 4th, 2005

JERUSALEM - Events this week indicated the threat of a civil war over Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s “disengagement” plan might be more of a reality than many Israelis care to acknowledge.

(Read rest of article at link given above)

Comment

ZionGene,

You are one prolific Bible scholar!!!

Thank you for being so faithful to this task.

Comment

Post 287

Hunt notes that when Israel was conquered in the past, the conqueror did not divide the land as is happening now, but instead possessed it.
            I didn't realize that. Maybe that means it won't happen now? God won't let it happen? Israel is under attack...the ultimate goal is to take over Israel..which of course won't happen. It's a bit different but similar.

If that statement is true..it just seems significant some how. Maybe I'm off on a rabbit trail?

Comment

I continue to refer to the New Testament to underline God's estimation of Israel and the Jews in His plans

Statements made during the time of the birth of Christ

Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Luke 1:54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; 55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, 68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: 71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; 72 To
              perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; 73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
              74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, 75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Luke 2:29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: 30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, 31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; 32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

Acts 13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Acts 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. 15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, 16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: 17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Comment

Below are further references on what is God's continuing attitude toward the Jews according to the New Testament.

Romans 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.,

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;:

1 Corinthians 10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

Philippians 3:3 If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: 5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. 7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt;.... 10 For this is the covenant that I wil make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious,
                even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Revelation 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Comment

Hi All:

A friend of mine sent these along... enJOY them!!

Comment

More enJOYment...

Comment

There was a report by abcnews that Israel will begin to hastily withdraw for a city of Judaea in Tuesday next. I recorded the url below, but when I went back to get it again, it did not compute. I thought to quote one or two "haste" texts from the scriptures in response (I PUBLISH THESE SCRIPTURES (IN HASTE) ON THE BEHALF OF THE SETTLERS WHO LOOK TO GOD FOR DELIVERANCE)

http://abcnews.go.com/International/print?id=555757

Deuteronomy 32:36... For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.

Psalm 40:13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me. 14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil. 15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha. 16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified. 17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Psalm 70:1 Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O LORD. 2 Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt. 3 Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame that say, Aha, aha. 4 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. 5 But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.

Psalm 141:1 LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee. 2 Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice..

Isaiah 52:12 For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward.

Isaiah 44:23 Sing, O ye heavens; for the LORD hath done it: shout, ye lower parts of the earth: break forth into singing, ye mountains, O forest, and every tree therein: for the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and glorified himself in Israel. 24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; 25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish; 26...That saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof: 27....and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

Comment

• The Latest From Israel !!!

Tamar Yonah is interviewing a lady (as I type) who is organizing a protest in Gush Katif -

The people of Gush Katif are asking for as many people as possible to "move to Gush Katif" immediately, with the intent of staging a huge demonstration against the 'disengagement'.

They have 60 Israeli attorneys working against the disengagement, and those attorneys will represent any protesters that are arrested, etc.

The contact in Gush Katif is a lady named "Datya". They need all kinds of help, graphic artist, communicators, etc, etc. Anyone who would like to discuss helping in any way can call -

Telephone numbers (from the US) are:

(voice) 0-119-728-684-7048
                        (fax) 0-119-728-684-5128

They are also asking for donations - food, appliances, furniture, etc. to support the people who move in. Overseas people who want to help with $$ can donate (tax deductible) to an organization in the United States -
                        http://www.womeningreen.org/

Interestingly, Tamar and her co-broadcaster (I don't know her name) are now saying that there are indications in Israel that there is not as much support in Israel as we (not in Israel) are led to believe. They may in fact force a referenudm, and it is believed that will FAIL miserably. They now believe that Likud will essentially force a referendum before it's all done.
                        Last edited by PlumBob; 03-06-2005, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• New Elections In Israel, Perhaps

Tamar and her co-host, Malkah Fleisher, are now reporting that Likud has agreed in principle to new elections in June or July.

Comment

BOOK OF JOEL

Dr. McGee is in the Book of Joel at www.ttb.org In the archives section, programs on the first part of book may be brought up. He is well into chapter 1 now.

Comment

Today, the Moslem authority which controls the mosque on the temple mount was attacked. Individuals are still being held as hostages.

( http://www.israelnationalnews.com/pr...=news&id=77852 )

Arutz Sheva - IsraelNationalNews.com

PA Anarchy Rages at Jerusalem Waqf Office
                              Thursday, March 3, 2005 / 22 Adar 5765

A resurgence of anarchy in the PA spilled over into Jerusalem Thursday as Fatah gang members forcibly seized the offices of the Moslem religious trust (Waqf) in the El Azariyeh neighborhood.

The Waqf office was raided by some 70 gang members who held several Waqf officials hostage.

This morning, it was announced that the entire "Organization Bureau" of Fatah had resigned, in protest of what they called the "continued deterioration" in their movement. One member said that there is near-total anarchy within Fatah.

The raid last night was prompted by a Waqf decision to transfer administration of charitable organizations to local authorities. The decision went against local Fatah leaders, who claim that some of the charitable organizations are collaborating with Israel.

One of the hostages is Salah Zukheika, an official of both the Fatah and the Waqf in Jerusalem.

PA officials are trying to maneuver an end to the siege and the release of the Waqf officials. The main beneficiary of the crumbling of Fatah is Hamas, which is expected to make electoral gains at Fatah's expense.

The Israeli police have not been reported to be involved in the incident or in apprehending the gang members, despite the security and criminal ramifications of carrying out such a raid in Jerusalem on Israeli sovereign territory.

The Fatah group forms the dominant faction in the PLO and the PA, and is a leading perpetrator of terrorist activity against Israel though its military wing, the Al Aksa Brigades.

Comment

Hello All.....

ZionGene, we’ve really been blessed by your diligent work finding all the scriptures which you’ve posted over the last couple of days. It seems like there are more of them than one could possibly keep straight. You’ve really been carrying the lion’s share of the work. THANK YOU!

HSB, and everybody else, over the past day or two I’ve really been feeling somewhat “unsettled” about this whole thing. So I thought I’d jot down a few observations - my opinions only...

I just am not sure (again) that we’ve really got a good view of this thing. The process seems to be getting more and more complex as we go along.

I, for one, had (past tense) pretty well accepted the premise that there will be a disengagement - a pullout - a handing over control and (eventually) sovereignty of the “West Bank” and “Gaza” to the Palestinians. I think I see things changing within the past few days, to the point that I’m no longer convinced.

Why the big waffle? Consider the headlines - most of which have been cited in separate places on this board, but I’ve pulled them together so I could make some generalized comments.-

The political climate in Israel is far from stable. What we might have presumed a few days ago to be “rock solid resolve” may be turning more to be the house built on the sand.

There is a strong undercurrent of resistance to the present Israeli government’s policies -
                                Possibility of civil war becomes a reality March 4th, 2005
                                http://www.jnewswire.com./library/ar...?articleid=454

There is a growing resistance movement to the intended actions -
                                Gazás Jews Rush to Accommodate Expected Influx of Residents Mar 07, '05
                                http://israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=77959

The popular press is openly asking when sanity will prevail -
                                When will Israel finally say ‘enough is enough’? March 7, 2005
                                http://jewishworldreview.com/mort/zuckerman030705.php3

To the point that the press is openly talking about a change in government -
                                New Elections Are a Possibility Mar 06, '05
                                http://israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=77936

The Arabs certainly don’t have their act together -
                                Galilee Arab Arrested in Plot to Attack the Knesset Mar 07, '05 http://israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=78021

The Arabs certainly don’t have their act together part 2 -
                                Abbas: Israel to blame for Tel Aviv bombing March 7th, 2005
                                http://www.jnewswire.com./library/ar...?articleid=455

The Arabs aren’t sure what they are really willing to accept -
                                (spell that they don’t have their act together part 3) -
                                PA Chief Commits to Hold a Referendum Mar 07, '05
                                http://israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=78012

But the really Biggie, is - from the Jerusalem Post, for crying out loud -
                                JPost.com » Israel » Article Mar. 8, 2005
                                Analysis: Sharon gets key Bush backing
                                http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1110165542535

I quote in part, what I consider some of the more ‘interesting’ parts of the article

“Prime Minister Ariel Sharon will meet many of the world's leaders in Jerusalem next week for the opening of Yad Vashem's new museum, and when he does, one message will surely roll off his tongue: the diplomatic process will not move forward until the Palestinian Authority dismantles the terrorist infrastructure.

“Sharon believes that only by dismantling the terrorist infrastructure, by arresting terrorists, confiscating arms, interrogating activists and destroying mortar and arms factories, will the PA be sending a clear message that terrorism is not a tactical option, and that the present quiet is not something to be turned on and off at a whim.

“Jerusalem is already convinced that the EU would like to shortcut the road map, and move as soon as possible to political negotiations between Israel and the PA on final-status issues, even before the terrorist infrastructure is dealt with, as spelled out in phase one of the road map.

“Sharon had to have smiled widely when he heard US President George W. Bush's weekly radio address Saturday. In that message, Bush explained to the American people that at the London meeting the international community ‘expressed their support for the Palestinians' efforts to reform their political institutions, their economy, and their security services.’

“And then, in a line that must have been music to Sharon's ears, he said, ‘And the first reform must be the dismantling of terrorist organizations.’

“Only by ending terrorism can we achieve our common goal of two democratic states, Israel and Palestine, living side-by-side in peace and freedom."

I’ve just got this nagging feeling that - well, the scenario we’ve been working with from HSB’s post #1 may not be exactly what we see play out. I’m not ready to put the books away, HSB, but I just don’t see so clearly, that we’ve got all the pieces to this puzzle.

(Putting on Nomex flame-retardant suit now)

Comments?

Yikes... I was going to also note ZionGene's article just ahead of this post as
                                The Arab's can't get their act together part 4
                                Last edited by PlumBob; 03-07-2005, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X