X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

Dear brothers in Christ,

Thank you for taking my question about Damascus into consideration. I have a feeling I will be able to delve more in-depth into this subject the next couple of days. [My sinuses are a human barometer and know one to two days ahead when a storm is coming. I don't deal well with low pressure systems at all! ]

I shall have to listen to the next installment of Tamar's show. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Keep up the good commentaries!

YSIC,
    Carol

Comment

Hi All:

I have a few moments and thought that I would again jump into the frey! This really is a cool Thread... and there is a whole lot of Wisdom contained in these pages. Somebody could write an interesting book... No Left Behind Here! Just some really down to earth, and very frightening observations... that are grounded in His Word!

As for the statement "It will never happen"... keep in mind... Daniel CH #1 verse #2 it is God Who delivers Judah into the hands of Nebudchanezzar... God did it then... and I submit that God is going to do it again as the 'Wine Press' is tightened, and tightened, and tightened moreso! This is NOT going to be pretty folks, as the Heavy Hand of God is applied to the Nations that curse Israel, AND to Israel herself. Nations are going to be given licence to hurt His People for a while. This newly re-initiated Sanheadrin is going to make the second biggest mistake in their existance, that being a seven-year agreement with death!

We are truely living in momentous moments... My last thought is this... God Himself loves to play hide & seek... He hides and is delighted when we seek until we find! What we are doing here delights the very heart of God! I believe that, and it encourages me to delight in having His Holy Spirit open up His Word [Scriptures] to me in ways I could never have imagined.

BTW my lecture on Daniel went from 10:00 am through 9:30 pm and my what a wonderful ride... some of you and your comments were highlighted. Thanks for sharing your hearts. Some day we are all going to be in His Train-of-Triumph... as a sweet smelling savor... a delight to Him!

Its good to be back...

Comment

Hello everyone -

Wow, a really full plate tonite.

Shelby, I hope you get to feeling better! I don't suppose an aspirin would help? I know this great hospital that has lots of aspirin - and really good testimonials.

Seriously, your question really provoked some other thoughts, but they are centered around the geopolitical implications of the destruction of Damascas, so I'll hang onto them for now.

But, I want to reference the thread Javier Solana "The sooner the better" by kennygg, just down the list. http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...ead.php?t=1469

kennygg quotes "Solana told Tuesday in London that "much work remains to be done in the area of security" but that the EU "stands ready to continue and enhance" its aid to the Palestinians to help restructure its police forces."

Does it strike anyone else as strange that here we have a disfunctional bunch of arabs, that don't have any kind of organized police, no spoof of an effective centralized command & control organization, no monetary system, no output of goods or services, etc., etc. ad infinitum, that wants to start its own country? The EU is apparently willing to put millions of euros into the process of helping the Palestinians set up a "police force" - before they have a central bank? Now I may be way off base, but I'm wondering here if it is NOT, in fact, going to be the Israeli's that constitute the police/military force to "evict the Jews", but rather the palestinian police force, supported and funded by the EU. I'm having a hard time chasing all these possibilities down in my mind, but it seems that would solve several fundamental problems: 1) the IDF is out of the equation. 2) the Kinesset is "blameless" - they simply signed the land over to the Palestinians. 3) who's going to yell at the process? Oh gee, Ms. Singer, we're sorry you felt "roughed up". The EU is so big and impersonal, that they can easily absorb all the "blame".

Sorry folks, this just doesn't wash. This isn't designed to be a Palestinian state - this is an excuse for the EU to have direct control over a major chunk of the state of Israel. And I think we all understand why.

HSB, I think that would still fit into your original premise that the "police force" simply "deployed" (showed up), started it's work, and got swallowed up by an earthquake. Hey, actually, I'm reminded of watching the orks fall into the giant rift in the earth as Barad Dur crumbled, at the end of the Return of the King. And it goes even further - the rifts went right around the good guys, Aragorn's army.

Anyway, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Kinesset doesn't just pass the work off to the Pals - after all, it's going to be their land
        NOT!

Thoughts?

Shelby, get well! ZG, you're a master w/ scripture! Don, good to see ya back.

HSB, your PM box is full! Hey, I really like the plum PlumBob!. THANKS

Comment

I also think that every 275 posts or so we need to take a break and take a breath, so -

From a friend who sent me several examples of "They walk among us" -

The writer lives in a decidedly rural area. A new neighbor moved in from the city. After a few weeks the neighbor called the county sheriff and asked that the Deer Crossing sign on the road, near his house, be taken down. The sheriff asked "Why?" The new fellow replied "There's too many deer being hit by cars, so I don't want them to cross there anymore."

They walk among us.......

Comment

I guess that we have thrashed this issue quite thoroughly, and I am trying to find some practical spiritual things to do to help the beleagured folks in Judaea, Samaria, and the Gaza Strip. The folks there need the help of God now

How many days is it from today until the proposed evictions in July of this year: does the number forty fit in anywhere here?

As of this day, I will, first of all, be asking the Lord daily, in Jesus name, to visit those who trust in the Lord in the areas mentioned, through visitations of angels. I hope to encourage thousands who have visited this thread to do the same. I solicit especially the prayers of elderly Christian women

Secondly, I plan to post daily--if the Lord permits--warning texts from the Lord through David in the Psalms (and also from the biblical prophets), and to address them directly to parties who are getting involved in chasing Jews our of parts of their God-promised land.

Comment

God bless your efforts ZionGene! when I was last in Jerusalem I was walking along the roadway that runs beside Temple Mount and the Kidron Valley. I met a dear Christian lady from Texas and had lunch with her elderly mother who lives right there. Literally out one window is the East Gate of Temple Mount and out another window is the Garden of Gethsemane. She is an Intercessor Prayer Warrior who prays daily for Israel. What a powerful calling!!

To PlumBob: I cleared some room in my mailbox for ya. Regarding the PA it is painfully obvious that they do not have any semblance of infrastructure to set up an independent state. Everybody in the world is suddenly tripping over one another trying to fill the void and offer assistance. the world desperately wants an arab state to take hold..presumably to get the Muslim terrorists to quit their actions. Unfortunately they have found that suicide bombings and random acts of terror have a wonderful consequence in terms of media coverage and accomodations.

I smell a rat in terms of EU interest in the area. It would give them a place to stand strategically and thus diminish some of the overwhelming presence of America in the region. Europe wants the Middle East to be part of its hinterland neighbourhood and freeze America out. Of course the Russians would like the same thing. But I still think you will see far more open American involvement as the chess game unfolds. (The Americans already have these 5 large autonomous bases in Israel) Personally I think any attempt to have Palestinian forces uproot Jews from their homes would bring an immediate and ugly civil war in Israel. The dirty work will need to be done by somebody the Israelis trust... guess who?
              Last edited by HSB; 03-03-2005, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumBob
                From a friend who sent me several examples of "They walk among us" -

The writer lives in a decidedly rural area. A new neighbor moved in from the city. After a few weeks the neighbor called the county sheriff and asked that the Deer Crossing sign on the road, near his house, be taken down. The sheriff asked "Why?" The new fellow replied "There's too many deer being hit by cars, so I don't want them to cross there anymore."

They walk among us.......

Deer Me!!! PlumBob you need more than an aspirin!! Actually I am trying out the system of capturing a quote and responding. I am practicing with this funny little story so I will be ready when something big comes along and needs immediate attention. I laughed a lot at your deer story (even though one once jumped right in front of my car and did a lot of damage to both car and deer). I am still trying to figure out though who is "walking among us"

Comment

• This should give somebody pause!

Below is an excerpt from an article in Today's Jerusalem Post. Oh, if only Mr. Sharon knew what he started!

Gaza settlers threaten suicide

Yaakov Katz, THE JERUSALEM POST Mar. 3, 2005

Will Jewish settlements in the Gaza Strip turn into a second Masada? According to some far-right activists and Gaza residents, there are groups of settlers who have decided that no matter what the cost – even if it means committing suicide – they will not evacuate their homes under Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's disengagement plan.

The rest of the article can be found in today's Jerusalem Post

Jerusalem Post - http://www.jpost.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HSB
                    Deer Me!!! . . . I am still trying to figure out though who is "walking among us"
                    In general, people who engage mouth, before, or w/o engaging brain.

So, with that in mind, let me just finish the thought and be done w/ it. The other story goes like this -

"My wife and I bought a new car. On the appointed day, we went to the dealership to pick it up. When we got there, the salesman told us it would be a few minutes, because someone had accidentally locked the keys in it. We went out to the service area, where a mechanic was feverishly working trying to get the driver's side door open. I was approaching from the other side and just instinctively reached down and pulled the passenger's door handle. IT OPENED.
                    'Hey' I shouted across the top, 'It's open!' 'Yeah, I know' the fellow said, 'I got that one first.' "

They walk among us.
                    Last edited by PlumBob; 03-03-2005, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I
                      Scriptures showing where God gave the land to Abraham/Isaac/Jacob, in chapters of the Book Of Genesis

12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: 19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, 20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, 21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girga****es, and the Jebusites.

17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

17:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. 21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

26:1 And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar. 2 And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: 3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father; 4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

28:10 And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. 11 And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. 12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. 13 And, behold,
                      the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;

49:8 Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee. 9 Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up? 10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Comment

The following from ArutzSheva:

Israel in Retreat - Part I
                        by Rachel Neuwirth
                        Mar 02, '05 / 21 Adar 5765

[John Landau contributed research and reporting to this article.]

Under intense pressure from the United States, the European community, Russia and the United Nations -- the so-called "Quartet" of world powers -- Israel is pursuing a suicidal course that may well cause the state to collapse, and place its five-million-plus Jewish inhabitants at the mercy of Arab enemies who mean them no good. To put the matter bluntly, a second Jewish Holocaust, only sixty to seventy years after Holocaust I, may be in the offing in the not-too-distant future. American Jews, and the American public as a whole, are completely oblivious to these horrific developments. Worst of all, the majority of the Israeli public seems to be acquiescing in the suicidal policies of their own government, without realizing the tragic fate that awaits them if these policies are allowed to continue.

The Israeli cabinet has now given formal approval to the insane "disengagement" scheme of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, which calls for the destruction of twenty-two Jewish communities in Gaza and Samaria, the expulsion of the ten-thousand-plus Jewish inhabitants of these communities, abandonment by the Israel Defense Forces of vital military positions in Gaza, and the release of a minimum of nine hundred* Palestinian terrorists from Israeli prisons, including many with "blood on their hands" -- all in return for absolutely nothing at all from the Arab side.

That's right. Israel is retreating unilaterally, and expelling thousands of its own people from their homes, without even receiving a promise from the Palestinian Authority to put a stop to terrorism and violence against Israel. The most that the PA's "new" leader, Mahmoud Abbas ("Abu Mazen"), has promised to do is to jaw-bone Palestinian terrorists into suspending their attacks for a time. Friday's bombing reveals his lack of such influence. He has also made a public commitment not to use force to restrain the terrorists or disarm them. But surely Abbas knows -- and both Israel and American officials should know -- that verbal exhortations to terrorists to exercise restraint are completely ineffective and worthless.

Hamas and Islamic Jihad, two of the most vicious of the terrorist organizations, have publicly promised to continue their reign of terror despite Abbas' pro forma jaw-boning. Abbas' response has been to announce that six hundred Hamas and Islamic Jihad terrorists will be inducted in the Palestinian Authority's "police force". And Abbas freely admits that his primary motive for this decision is to protect the terrorists from possible arrest and retaliation by Israel.

The much-ballyhooed "summit" between Sharon and Abbas in Sharm El-Sheikh earlier this month broke up without a joint declaration, a joint press conference -- or a promise from Abbas to do anything at all to stop terrorist aggression.

Despite claims by some Israeli officials that Abbas has toned down anti-Israel and anti-Jewish incitement in the Palestinian Authority-funded-and-controlled media, a study published by the authoritative Israeli website Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center reveals only superficial improvements in the Palestinian media's war and hate propaganda. For example: the number of songs broadcast daily on PA television urging children to become shaheeds ("martyrs" or suicide bombers) in the war against Israel has declined from thirty a day to "only" about four a day. However, sermons by Muslim preachers urging war with Israel and the "liberation" of all "Palestine" -- including every acre of Israel, even Tel Aviv-- continue to be broadcast regularly by the government-owned television station. For example, in a recent broadcast, the chief Muslim clergyman in Gaza - whose salary, like all Muslim ministers, is paid by the PA - explained to television viewers that any settlement with Israel, even one that forced Israel back to its pre-1967 borders, would only be a temporary stage on the way to the liberation of all of "Palestine."

Israel has not even demanded that alleged Israeli agents sentenced to death by the PA and held in Palestinian prisons be exchanged for the five hundred terrorists that Israel has already released, or the four hundred more that it planned to release shortly. Instead, Abbas has affirmed the death sentences of these brave Palestinian Arabs, the true resistance fighters of the Palestinian territories, who have put their lives on the line to protect Israelis from terror, without so much as a whimper of protest from Israel. This betrayal of Israel's loyal and courageous friends among the Palestinian people, whose lives could easily have been saved by insisting on their release along with the accused terrorists, is perhaps the most shocking, but also the least publicized, aspect of the Sharon government's appeasement policy.

Meanwhile, the expulsion order against the Jewish inhabitants of Gaza and Samaria is straining Israel internally to the breaking point. Politicians on all sides of the political spectrum speculate openly about the possibility of "civil war". According to numerous leaks of government documents published in the Israeli press, the government is planning to set up detention camps to hold thousands of Gaza and Samaria Jews, and their children, if they offer any resistance, even non-violent, to the expulsion order. The camps will also be built to accommodate thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of protestors against the expulsion.

Government cabinet ministers have been talking for months in public about detaining opponents of the expulsion, without any criminal charges or evidence of crimes committed by them, in order to ensure that the withdrawal and expulsions proceed smoothly. Senior officials of the government have labeled any public opposition to the expulsion order as "incitement", which under Israeli law is grounds for imprisonment, and they have suggested that anyone who speaks out against the policy should be arrested. One government minister said that it was "incitement" for anyone to oppose the expulsion "as an organized group," or even for members of parliament to "threaten" not to vote for the government if it goes ahead with the expulsion.

All of this talk carries with it an ominous threat to carry out the harshest and most massive political repression in Israel's history, one that would transform the country from a democracy, however flawed, into a dictatorship. And all this to placate and appease terrorists who have made it plain over and over again, by word and by deed, that they are implacable and unappeasable.

Nor will we have seen the last of the unilateral withdrawals and expulsion of Jews from their homes once the eviction of the ten thousand Gazan and Samarian Jews from the twenty-five villages ("settlements") now on the chopping block is completed. Minister of Trade and Industry Ehud Olmert, a close advisor and confidant of Sharon, says that the present disengagement plan is only a preliminary for "Disengagement Plan # 2," which will be a "massive" withdrawal and forced evacuation of Jews from Judea and Samaria. Sharon's office issued an immediate denial that this was government policy. But Sharon has disassociated himself from Olmert's "trial balloons" in the past, only to announce his decision to carry them out a few months later.

Over the past four years, since becoming Prime Minister, Sharon has reversed himself on nearly every policy and principle that he advocated, and practiced, throughout his adult life. Why should it be any different with Olmert's latest "trial balloon"?

The patriotic warrior Ariel Sharon that the Israeli public had come to love and respect seems no longer to exist. It is almost as if an alien spirit, a dybbuk or golem, had taken over the old soldier's body and mind.

[Part 1 of 2]

Comment

Israel in Retreat - Part II
                          by Rachel Neuwirth
                          Mar 03, '05 / 22 Adar 5765

[John Landau contributed research and reporting to this article. Part one can be read at http://www.israelnationalnews.com/ar...php3?id=4847.]

Why is Israel's government behaving in this craven and self-destructive fashion? Why is it appeasing terrorists while oppressing its own people? As an American, I am ashamed to admit the truth: one reason is relentless pressure on Israel from the United States government, from our own president, George W. Bush, and his assistants and advisors, to do exactly what Israel's government is now doing. In November and December of 2004, President Bush's White House advisor for Middle Eastern Affairs, Elliot Abrams, told closed meetings of American Jewish leaders that the administration expects Israel to dismantle all of the Israeli "settlements" outside the "security fence" that Israel is now building.

Some sources suggest that Abrams did not specify the precise route of Israel's future border fence. But the usually well-informed Debka internet newspaper says that it must exclude all "settlements" to the east of the segment of the security fence that Israel has already built, along its narrow, ten-mile-wide "waist". This would place Israel's border literally a stone's throw from its major metropolitan area, Tel Aviv, and the neighboring towns and suburbs along Israel's central coast. If Debka's information is correct, nearly all Israeli towns and villages ("settlements") outside of Israel's 1949 armistice lines would have to be abandoned under the Bush plan, and their inhabitants expelled and resettled -- well over 400,000 people in all, including some 200,000 within the city limits of Jerusalem. Among the communities that would have to be "dismantled", according to Debka, are Ariel (18,000 inhabitants), Maale Adumim (30,000), Efrat (7,300), Kiryat Arba (7,500) and their nearby villages. Debka also asserts that Abrams will soon be appointed America's new ambassador to Israel, with the mission of "ascertain [ing] that these Jewish sites are removed from the West Bank."

According to the Jerusalem Post columnist Caroline Glick, a position paper written jointly by a team consisting of officials of the US State Department, the Egyptian government, the Palestinian Authority, Canada and the World Bank, joined by representatives of Israel's leftist opposition -- but without any input solicited from the Israeli government -- lays out the Bush plan in greater detail. The chief architect of the document is George Bush the First's former Secretary of State, James Baker, who is still a major player behind the scenes in the administration of George the Second. The present Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, relies on this document for guidance, according to Glick.

The Baker "street map to the Road Map," as one U.S. diplomat calls it, makes it explicit that all 400,000-plus Jews living outside Israel's pre-1967 borders must be expelled to make way for a "contiguous" and ethnically pure Palestinian Arab state. The document doesn't even mention the word "terrorism", and does not require the Palestinian Authority to crack down on terrorism or dismantle terrorist organizations. An international force will patrol the frontier between the Palestinian state and what is left of Israel, thus making it impossible for Israel to strike back at the terrorists if there are more attacks. Israel will be required to facilitate the training, arming and operation of the Palestinian "security forces", without interfering with them in any way. Political "reforms" will be instituted in the Palestinian state with the objective of "consolidating Fatah [a terrorist organization dedicated in its constitution to the destruction of Israel] as the main political player in Palestinian society." And enforcement of the settlement will be controlled by the US Embassy in Tel Aviv, thus depriving the State of Israel of sovereignty even within its truncated borders. Egyptian military forces will play a more important role in implementing the "agreement" than the IDF.

Apparently, Israel's Foreign Minister, Silvan Shalom, has been informed of these American dictates and has acquiesced to them. When asked by a reporter about the future of Israeli settlements outside the pre-1967 lines, he said that US has never accepted the idea of settlements in the territories, and that the consent of the Palestinians would be needed for their long-term survival. Needless to say, that consent will not be given.

It was the late Foreign Minister Abba Eban who first called the pre-1967 Israeli borders, to which the Bush Administration demands that Israel retreat, the "Auschwitz borders". No nation in today's high-tech world could survive within such frontiers against an enemy armed with superior numbers, state-of the-art weapons, and the training and will to use them effectively. And if history is any guide, the impact of repeated retreats and forced evacuations displacing hundreds of thousands of people from their homes, all without any real letup in Arab terrorist attacks and hostility, will be so demoralize and divide the Israeli people that they will lose the will and psychological stamina to defend themselves. Signs of this demoralization, war-weariness and deep internal divisions are already all too evident in Israel.

Under similar external pressure from "friends" as well as enemies, Czechoslovakia withdrew from the predominately German-speaking areas of their own country in 1938. Czech refugees streamed out of the areas seized by Nazi Germany under the terms of the Munich "peace process". Within five months, the Czechs had surrendered their country without a fight. In 1975, following the withdrawal of US troops from South Vietnam and cutbacks in American aid, President Nguyen Van Thieu decided on a strategic withdrawal of South Vietnamese troops from the Central Highlands region, then under attack by the North Vietnamese forces, to what he thought would be more defensible positions near the coast. But the mass flight of soldiers and civilian refugees demoralized the army and the whole nation. Within seven weeks, North Vietnamese tanks were in Saigon. Czech and Vietnamese societies couldn't hold up under the pressure of withdrawals and mass evacuations before an advancing foe. Can we assume that things will be any different for Israel?

The Jewish people in America and throughout the Diaspora must shake themselves out of their comfortable lethargy, ignorance and indifference to what is going on before it is too late. They must raise the alarm and cry out "No" to the Bush-Baker-Sharon plan from the rooftops, with all their heart and soul. Only then, perhaps, will Israelis be roused from their world-weariness and demoralization, and their slavish obedience to US government pressure. There is no time to lose; in a few months, it may be too late to prevent Holocaust II.

[Part 2 of 2]

Comment

Psalm 83:1

Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God. 2 For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head. 3 They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones. 4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance ..... 9 Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera....10 Which perished at Endor: 12 Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession. 13 O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind. 14 As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire; 15 So persecute them with thy tempest, and...with thy storm.... 18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Isaiah 30:26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound. 27 Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire: 28 And his breath, as an overflowing stream,... to sift the nations and there shall be A BRIDLE IN THE JAWS OF THE PEOPLE, causing them to err. 29 Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of the LORD, to the mighty One of Israel. 30 And the LORD shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones. .... and in battles of shaking will he fight with it. ... the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.

Isaiah 31:1 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD! 2 Yet he also is wise, and will bring evil, and will not call back his words: but will arise against the house of the evildoers, and against the help of them that work iniquity. ... When the LORD shall stretch out his hand, both he that helpeth shall fall, and he that is holpen shall fall down, and they all shall fail together. ... so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion,

Psalm 9:13 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death: 14 That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation. 15 The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made: in the net which they hid is their own foot taken. 16 The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah. 17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. 18 For the needy shall not alway be
                            forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever. 19 Arise, O LORD; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight. 20 Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.

Comment

Links of Jesus Christ to the Jews in Matthew's Gospel

Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Matthew 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, 2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 21:15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his
                              angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father,
                              inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Matthew 27:11 And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.

Matthew 27:28 And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe. 29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!

Romans 11:1: I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias?....Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning
                              the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

l

Comment

Identification of Jesus Christ with Israel and the Jewish People in John's Gospel

John 1:11 He came unto His own.

Jesus said to the Samaritan woman in John 4:22, "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews."

Speaking to the religious leaders of Israel Jesus said, in John 8:37, "I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you." (Notice here that Jesus acknowledges that the Jews are the seed of Abraham through Jacob and Israel. When Jesus spoke these words, He was not speaking to any of the descendants of Ishmael )

In John 12:12, Jesus accepts the praise of the people as the greatest of Israelites.

"On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. 14 And Jesus, when he had found a young donkey, sat thereon; as it is written, 15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an donkey's colt."

Pilate, in spite of himself was obliged to acknowledge whose king Jesus was, that was being put death in John 19:19 "And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS."

It was the King Of The Jews who was sacrificed for me too!.,

Comment

Working...
                                X