X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

ZionGene: I found the Hebrew word for settlers in the article from JPost that I linked above. Good luck checking it out!!

Comment

Brace yourselves folks: Debka follows:

Israeli police on maximum terror alert. From Sunday, roadblocks at town entrances, special patrols at schools at crowd centers, transport terminals against at least 50 attacks known to be planned by Palestinian terrorists

Comment

You do not stop overnight a trend of suicide bombing and killing which was nurtured for a generation. When nations go to war, there is only "peace" when one participant is completely defeated and disarmed.

By the way, I notice today, how that a huge loss of assets was caused in Iraq, when a fuel-supply pipeline was destroyed and set on fire there. There certainly is no peace there, and until one side has no option but to sue unconditionally for peace in the Israeli-Palestinian feud, there will not be any "peace" there neither--unless of course, the Messiah shows up pretty soon.

Comment

Hello all...

I wrote to Tamar Yonah again yesterday, trying to give some words of encouragement, and gave her some brief news of this thread. I heard back this afternoon.

She didn't seem to remember my previous e-mail (where I had asked for a translation of "Hope of the Settlers".) Her reply was short and she seemed very preoccupied. I can only imagine the anguish in her soul over this issue. She didn't seem to click at all w/ the notion that God will physically intervene and save the settlers (and destroy the enemies.) She did encourage us to continue to listen to the programs, and to tell others about Israel National Radio.

I think we should add Tamar (personally) and the station to our prayers, as they try to (humanly) prevent the settlers from being uprooted. They are all going to need a bunch of prayer, ladies and gentlemen. The emotional cost to these people must be enormous.

Comment

• Dear PlumBob

Dear PlumBob

I appreciate your staying in contact with Tamar Yonah

If I am not mistaken, Tamar Yonah is the wife of an Orthodox Jewish rabbi. We need to remember. that whereas few of our Orthodox friends expect a serious setback for Israel before they see the Messiah, I believe that the majority of them thought that the world and Israel were moving directly into the Days Of The Messiah, with all that means for the boon and blessedness of Israel.

We on the other hand who know Christ, and connect Zechariah 12:10 ("and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced..." as being a reference the next encounter of Jesus Christ with Israel nationally), expect very serious reverses in the fortunes of Israel in days just ahead, which the orthodox Torah-believing Jew must find very puzzling and troubling indeed.

There is another point in this regard, which we believers in Christ must be conscious of, when we speak of these developing events, and are being overheard by Jews.

Many Jews believe that when most Christians speak of the time generally know as Jacob's Trouble, that they are expressing a gleeful wish, more often than not. This phenomenon can be easily understood, when we remember that most Jews regard most of the story of Jesus in the New Testament is a fabrication--and especially prophetic sections like Matthew 24. We need to emphasis to Jews, that we have no wish for their ill-- as I hope that the tenor of this thread emphasizes--but that we grieve with them at every sad turn in their history, and sincerely wish that it was'nt so.

Therefore PlumBob, do not be surprised if individuals in Israel expess a certain impatience with us and everybody else besides. Times are very frustating for them

Comment

• Re: Dear PlumBob

Originally posted by ZionGene
              I appreciate your staying in contact with Tamar Yonah. . . . If I am not mistaken, Tamar Yonah is the wife of an Orthodox Jewish rabbi.
              I didn't realize that Tamar is married to an Orthodox rabbi. That makes all the sense in the world. No wonder she is so marvelously versed in Hebrew.

Thanks for the note, ZG.

Comment

I invite you to check in on www.israelnationalradio.com Then scroll down to the Ei Stutz/Yishai Fleisher archives, and stop at the program which asks if Ariel Sharon has gone crazy--or something like that. Then listen to the whole show You don't want to miss anything

Notice the comment by a caller-in who quotes Mr. Sharon's words concerning Gaza a few years ago.

Comment

The show about Sharon being crazy is fantastic, ZG....

Now, go back and listen to Tamar's show Six Year Old Boy Predicts The Redemption Will Be Very Soon It is in Tamar's section. Wow!! I'm not a sensationalist by any means, but gee, everything is sure lining up straight. Straight enough even to make a PlumBob say things are pertty well in line....

Comment

I talked to Tamar again this morning a couple of times. She still seems a bit preoccupied, but much less than a few days ago. She has a pretty good sense of humor, actually.

ZG, I was particularly interested in the caller on the Stutz/Fleisher show, that told them to essentially ". . .sit back and don't worry so much. God isn't going to let the settlers be dispossessed. He's got it all under control. . ." Could have been someone from this board, by listening to her.

Comment

• Hi. Lay it to Heart & PlumBob et al

Lay it to Heart made a point which I nearly overlooked, about how Ahab the king of Israel was put to death by God--through happenstance seemingly-- for dispossessing a man of his land; that caller into the Tamar Yonah show, to whom PlumBob referred, quoted Micah 2:8-10. Here is what it says

Micah 2:8-10
                      Even of late my people is risen up as an enemy: ye pull off the robe with the garment from them that pass by securely as men averse from war. 9 The women of my people have ye cast out from their pleasant houses; from their children have ye taken away my glory for ever. 10 Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.

I would analyze statements in it for present applications:

"My people are risen up as an enemy." Israeli leaders are doing to their people that which is normally expected of an enemy nation

"Ye pull of the robe with the gaarment from them that pass by securely as men averse from war." Many a faithful Israeli veteran soldier will be stripped of an honorable status because of his refusal to go against his people

"The women of my people have ye cast out from their pleasant houses...." Many a decent Israel woman will be forcibly evicted from her well kept estate, or an attempt will be made to do so.

"From their children have ye taken away my glory forever." I can see here the detention of many an Israeli father for a long time (forever to a child), because of his refusal to go peacefully. (Remember that scripture says that the glory of a child is his father)

Then there is the article below, wherein a rabbi warns the leaders, like God did to Cain (in my opinion), that sin croucheth at the door--and that is, some very bad ones too

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1078027574097

All of these comings together seem to be a pattern led by the Ruah HaKodesh (The Holy Spirit)!

Comment

Please read that article from the Jerusalem Post at the bottom of the last post carefully, and for a second time. I myself only did a light scan the first time.

I do not see how the government of Israel can now proceed with what it is doing, in light of the points raised in it. If it does, then indeed it is dryer morally than any of Ezekiel's dry bones.

Comment

Well, I hope that I am not tiring you with reference to Tamar Yonah's program at www.israelnationalradio.com This latest one is better still--if that is possible. Go to that site and latch on to the latest archive program. Professor Eidelberg shockingly says that men are killers, and Israel had better come to realize it. The program is intense intense!

Comment

ZionGene,

I was looking at Micah just this morning, and saw those same verses - I think Chapter 4 verses 11-13 are also important -

Mic 4:11 "And now many nations have been assembled against you (Zion) who say, 'Let her be polluted, and let our eyes gloat over Zion.' 12 But they do not know the thoughts of the LORD, and they do not understand His purpose; for He has gathered them like sheaves to the threshing floor. 13 Arise and thresh, daughter of Zion, for your horn I will make iron and your hoofs I will make bronze, that you may pulverize many peoples, that you may devote to the LORD their unjust gain and their wealth to the Lord of all the earth."

What this says to me is that when the battle gets rolling, God, perhaps through the IDF, is going to be - as I have often heard it said - "Taking names and kicking (heads)." I imagine that at this late hour, it'll mostly be "kicking", and not too much name taking. I think this whole thought is very appropriate, since going on in Micah Chapter 5, it is clear that this is Messianic in context.

Now, off to another brief thought. I don't know if anyone has had a chance to listen to Tamar's show about the Jewish boy who has possibly had some relevation in this regard - but I thought it interesting that he seems to indicate that A. Sharon will "come to his senses" and become an old war-hawk again, and perhaps actually lead the people correctly toward their destiny w/ God. Now wouldn't that a kick in the pants...

Comment

A great listening treat would be to latch on to www.prophecytoday.com -- Mr. DeYoung's prophetic site--and listen to the This Week's Interview between Mr. DeYoung and and Mr.Dolan. They comment on many issues which have been raised on this thread: something probably will occur to derail Mr. Sharon's plans (probably fire in Syria); civil war in Israel is a real danger; Sharon's statement that he does not believe that the bible is relevant today; Mr. Rabin was an out-and-out atheist; there is a threat to crash an aeroplane into the Dome Of The Rock; Israel may assist in an American attack on Iranian nuclear facilities

Good listening!

Comment

PlumBob

PlumBob, I appreciate your continuing effort to relate our opinions expressed here to scriptural contexts. I am not smart enough to float opinions which crop up entirely from my own mind. Furthermore, to the many folks who have logged onto this thread, we have an obligation to submit our notions to “Thus saith the Lord.

I love Micah. Little does the caller-in to the Tamar Yonah show know what a blessed line of thought she initiated, when she inadvertently led visitors of this thread to that book.

If any book is Messianic, then Micah is. Look at that “…the mountain of the house of the Lord, shall be established in the top of the mountains” of chapter 4:1; or the “…they shall smite the Judge Of Israel with a rod upon the cheek” of chapter 5:1. I am fascinated with the fact that the historical timing of the fulfillment of these events, do not follow the order of placement in the book, and that much is left to the one who has the Holy Spirit to sort out. The literary context is not necessarily the one of Ruah HaKodesh’s. Gee gee! The right order only appears to those that have ears to hear and eyes to see! A “Thank you Jesus” is in order at this point.

It intrigues me here, as it does elsewhere in the prophetic writings, that God intertwines promises of redemption—both national and personal for Israel—with those from sin of the whole human race, both of which only The Messiah-Jesus Christ can accomplish.

In your last post, you zeroed in on chapter 4, from about verse 10 to verse 13. The first section of that portion speaks of the degradation of Israel in Babylon, YET, the last part underlines the exaltation of Israel from verse 11 through 13, and I agree with you PlumBob that it has a current applications too.

Comment

Working...
                                X