X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

PlumBob: Personally I doubt that Israeli soldiers will be involved in the "dirty work" of removing settlers. Perhaps if they try in Gaza they will realize how disgusting this whole thing actually is. It would be more expedient (and less danger of civil war) to simply let the "peacekeepers" do this. It would not surprise me if the Gaza evaculation were to get stalled and dovetailed into a broader deal. Either way, I'm sure there are plenty of countries who would volunteer troops to implement this evacuation.

Don the Baptist: I suspect that there might be a lull between the destruction of Gog's military coalition and the subsequent "fire falling on the coastlands" in judgment. There will be plenty of accusations and blame when the entire "peacekeeping" force gets wiped out. Realistically that might be over 100,000 soldiers required, especially if they were tasked with the actual removals of settlers. Yet who do you blame when the cause of the destruction is "Nature"?

During this lull I see two migrations occuring. The first will be Jews from America (the last bastion of Jewry outside Israel) and especially NYC moving to Israel. They will leave on their own, or perhaps be driven out as per your hunter comment. The second large exodus will be Arabs, at least the Muslim ones, out of the Israeli areas. The God of Israel will have met the God of Islam on the "field" and the Arabs will know it. This chapter in the endtime chronology will thus result in most Jews in the world ending up in Israel, and it being almost completely Jewish in character. Look for enormous expression of religious celebration to then occur (building of the Temple etc) The Jews will be ready to embrace Messiah (unfortunately for them the wrong one).

Comment

HBS...

Interesting thought... two migrations!!!

I agree with you that God witholds His Hand until His People leave, and then He rains down Fire & Brimstone [Almost sounds like Sodom & Gemorah?] on "The People-of-the-Coast"!!!!! It comes to mind that we here in North America [USA & Canada] are not far off being very much like Sodom & Gamorah!!!

What if... The People of the Coast were USA & Canada??? For the very reason mentioned above! Would United Europe immediatly rise as the New Super Power? Perhaps as the Revived Roman Empire??? To whom Israel might want an economic connection? Perhaps initiating a "Seven-year Contract" for Safety & Security??? Part of the deal being permission to Re-Build their Temple... as the Dome-of-the-Rock will have crumbled as the earth shook as the Mountaiuns of Israel were shaken by God Himself??? A Contract with Death perhaps?

Things are aligning so very quickly with Scripture... it is prudent to know were each one of us stands in relationship to our Saviour... Going Home might be a whole lot closer than most of us believe.

Comment

I quote Don's words below, and notice particularly how he underlines the fact that only about one third of the Israelis today are attuned to the will of God.
        He says:

I see a clear division... about one-third to two-thirds [Orthodox to Secular]. Now this is interesting to me to also note that during the "WinePress" Great Tribulation [Jacob's Troubles]... two-thirds of them are killed!!! The one-third remaining turn to Him in a day... Looking on Him whom they have pierced, they will moan and cry like one who has lost their first-born..... could it be that He has brought them back to His Mountains of Israel to once again bless them, and keep them, protect them and watchover them? To turn their dessert into bloom as can be seen today? Jeremiah clearly says that God will reveal Himself to His People IN THEIR LAND! He will do it in a Day, and they will turn to Him in that Day! Everyone that remains will turn to Him! Look up Jer. 16:16...

When I read his words, my mind went immediately to the text in Zephaniah which speaks of the majority of Israel who completely disregard the infuence of God in the outcome of events--if they honor Him at all, they regard Him as being quite incapable of determining anything.

The notion also came to me, that even now in this present test, God is selecting and marking Zechariah 13:8's two thirds for failure, who are to be violently eliminated and discarded: but the believing "Settlers" probably are the core group who will be spared alive to see their Messiah face-to-face.

Zephaniah 1:12 puts it this way:

And it shall come to pass at that time, that I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will he do evil.

And then Zechariah 13:8,9.

And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

God may have begun the process of dividing the sheep from the goats in Israel

Comment

I keep thinking of Matt 24 when Jesus told the disciples about the Tribulation time saying

"Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,'* spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be."

What connection do you think this has with the 1/3 who are to be saved, and those who are orthodox jews living in the settlement areas on the mountains of Israel now? Perhaps a way of gathering the believing remnant together (in the settlements?) for protection against the wrath that will be poured out on the rest?

Comment

Now Sandi, there's a great thought. It just may be that God will send special protection to the "mountain" group, who are now cohering in faith around the Lord. An extended insight may be that the "Jerusalem" crowd--those identified with government and administration and politics, and who are now speaking and planning for the second time of giving away God's gift to the nation--will be the crowd which is abandonned particularly to the "deadly hug" of the nations. The whole scenario sure fits into the texts which speaks of God saving "the tents of Judah first." That seems to fit in nicely too with the Zephaniah text which speaks of folks on their "lees" and are identified with Jerusalem.

Mind you, God did say that the deliverance of Israel in the last days would be similiar and greater than that which took place in Eygpt. God marked out a safety "no fly" zone then too, by sending special special protective angels around the area of Goshen, where He did not allow even a dog to bark at the children of Israel. We may see an increase in incidents of miraclulous preservation in Gaza and Gush Katif.

Comment

hello all. If you knew there was a huge earthquake coming all along the rift valley system of Israel would you beat it or hang in there and watch God in action. As an aside "fleeing to the mountains" used to be explained as running to Petra in Jordan..the city of rock. In the time of the Jewish wars when the Romans laid seige to Jerusalem the Christians found refuge in Pella, on the east side of the Jordan River.
              Last edited by HSB; 02-14-2005, 06:10 PM.

Comment

HSB, "the mountains" which may be a source of danger for one group, may be just the opposite for another. This "mountain" word is becoming much highlighted these days.

Comment

• Oops! You need to listen to this!

Please latch on to www.israelnationalradio.com Then scroll on to the Tamar Yonah's archive program "Investigating the 'good guys.'" At the beginning of the broadcast, a professor Eidelberg speaks out about conditions in Israel and ideas on how to block the disengagement plan. It appears to be just on the edge of civil war, if you ask me!

Comment

Here's a link to an article in Arutz Sheva....

http://israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=76926

This seems to bolster the idea that there is deep division in Israel over the disengagment plan.

Aaaaahhhhhhh... I'm sitting here listening to Tamar Yonah's program. She just said the plan is to invite ". . .Egyptian forces from the South and Jordanian forces from the north. . ." to move the Jews. The speaker is calling for a "Congress of National Salvation" to take an ". . .uncompromising stand on the soverignty of the Jewish nation. . ."

It will be VERY interesting to see where this goes.

You know, it would be very helpful is someone would post a nice, concise little map or 2 of Israel, for everybody that has not been over there to get their bearings. Where is Gush Katif, for instance.
                    Last edited by PlumBob; 02-14-2005, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Plumbob, this is getting interesting indeed

Plumbob, I appreciate the link which you gave to the article about the people who visited Gaza today.

I was very much intrigued by the section in the article, where it says But then, added the Rabbi, “G-d tells Moshe ‘don’t scream at me, talk to the children of Israel and go forward’. I guess that if the business at hand was not so serious, I imagine that one or two of the angels at the Red Sea would have bent over and laughed their heads off, if indeed God did put it in as many words, such as "don't scream at me..."

This reminds me of the later incident, when Joshua rushed into God presence without the usual respects and protocol being given, and begins to complain to God of how He had let Israel down at the first battle for the city of Ai. God said to him in as many words, "Get up of your face." I guess that God does not skylark with anybody!

I hope that the folks in Gush Katif take God's words, which He spoke previously, as fact, and simply go forward.

Comment

• I wonder how many....

I wonder how many younger believers out there are taping and printing this treasure-trove of prophecy-in-the-live which is now being offered by this Board? Take the submissions by Don Brooks, or those by HSB for example. There's enough right there to enlighten a young believer on the movement of prophecy in the last days.

Comment

This has been a fascinating thread to read!!!! Everyone's insights and scenerios are interesting and I'm learning a lot.

We are definitely living in exciting times....looking up!

Judy
                          Last edited by JudyAnn; 02-15-2005, 07:31 AM.
                          Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

To all: this thread seems to be continuing to live because it is describing and discussing events that are actually happening in real time around us. It's all incredibly exciting!

For those who are confused about the references to locations, Gush Katif is a name given to the settlements in Gaza, along the coast south of Tel Aviv, close to Egypt. As a result of the wars in 1948 and 1967 there are a lot of Arab refugees living there in camps, just north of the Jewish areas. That is why the region is such a hotbed of Arab terrorists and missile launchers. Sziderot is a city in Israel proper, not far from the arab refugee camps of Gaza, within range of their little rockets. Mostly these missiles do little damage, but on occasion someone is seriously injured or killed when they explode. Gush Katif is the first area slated for "evacuation".

When we visited Israel last November, the story was told that Dutch Christians had just visited Gush Katif loaded with tulip bulbs for the Jews there. The Christians told the Jews to go ahead and plant the bulbs and enjoy the tulips... because THEY WEREN'T GOING ANYWHERE!! What an encouragement to these people. Some of these settlements have been there since the early 1900s.

I am 4000 miles away from my home so it is difficult to post a little map. What is incredibly ironic when you visit the country of Israel today is that the whole thing is backwards compared to Old Testament times. Whereas the Israelites of old were in the hills ("mountain men and women") and came down to fight the Philistines who were along the coastal plain, today it is the exact reverse. The Jews largely live along the coastal plain (Tel Aviv is a large western type city) and the West Bank area is located on top of the mountains of Israel. The Jews who live in this area are the "settlers" who will soon be uprooted if the "Road MAp" gets implemented. They are typically observant Orthodox Jews who take their daith very seriously.

Comment

Thank you for explaining the geography. I didn't realize a lot of Orthodox were living in the West Bank area.

I'm sure you were an encouragement when you told them to plant the tulips!

InHim,
                              Judy
                              Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

Judy Ann. Actually it was the Dutch Christians who told them to plant the bulbs. But we did get the opportunity to visit many West Bank settlements and encourage people there. I brought along a little letter from ZionGene that I read to a number of people as well. They really appreciate all the support they can get. In May we are returning with a tour group.

Comment

Working...
                                X