X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

Hello, HSB.....

Back to the discussion of the 12th mahdi possibly being AC, if you will, for a moment -

I was reading in Daniel this morning.... Specifically 10:10 through the end of the book. Much of which, admittedly, either I don't understand, or it is essentially a "blow by blow" account of some future battle (or perhaps past? But I tend to think not.)

Specifically, 11:2 looks to me as if it is speaking about "kings" arising in Persia. What I do not sense, is that these kings, or even the principal one, are European, specifically Roman. They are Persian - Arab, it take it. It struck me as funny, and makes me wonder if we are seeing images of AC here....

Your thoughts?

PB

Comment

Persians are not an Arabic people.

Comment

PB: I believe everything up to 11:35 has been completed already in history with the King of the North (Seleucids) against the king of the south (Ptolomies).However starting in verse 36 the writer is describing a new individual. Notice in verse 40 he is being engaged by both king of north and king of south, whereas above verses have him as being the king of the north. Antiochus fulfilled an early version of the prince who will arrive to desecrate a rebuilt Temple IMHO. I suspect that king of north still applies to Syria and the king of the south applies to Egypt. Who the new "prince" turns out to be is the $64 trillion dollar question (note: value assumes the collapse of the US dollar through hyper inflation ...just kidding)

Comment

Excellant discourse as usual!!!! those interested in Revelations 4 horsemans should study Zechariah ch 1 's 4 horsemen/ horses, a great parallel!!! the murtle trees may be israel! the "bottom"" is Israels wetched condition..... but GOD is still there with them even so also the four horns (empires in Daniel) troubbleing Israel and the 4 Carpenters (succeeding empires) destroying the 4 horns......
          the last carpenter is Jesus

Persia destroyed Babylon, Greece destroyed Presia, Rome destroyed Greece and Jesus destroyes Rome !!!excellant usually overlooked symbology!!!
          a must study!!!

we did a verse by verse study of Zechariah in sunday school in 2004 we've been doing Isaiah for the last 12 months

Comment

HSB and Lewis -

Yes, indeed an excellent discourse. Thanks to both of you for your thoughts. I suspect this will take me a few days to digest

Comment

Very good article, it all sounds good to me. But who really knows how it will play out. One thing we all can agree on, is that its near.

http://www.prophecyforum.com/kelley/prophecy.html

Comment

As the election results provide for a center/left government under Ehud Olmert, the plan to evacuate the West Bank is now slowly emerging: see below some extracts from Haaretz/AP. http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/700253.html

Kadima: West Bank withdrawal will take a year to finalize

By The Associated Press

Kadima will need at least a year to finalize plans to withdraw from parts of the West Bank, expand Jewish settlement blocs and draw Israel's borders with a future Palestinian state, an architect of the plan told The Associated Press Wednesday.

Kadima legislator Otniel Schneller said he has spent the past few weeks putting together the plan that will make it possible for Acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert to fulfill his pledge to finalize Israel's borders with a future Palestinian state by 2010.

During its first year in power, Kadima will wait to see whether the new Hamas-led Palestinian government will moderate its views, said Schneller, himself a West Bank settler. During that period, Olmert will talk to Jewish settlers about alternative places to live, he said.

In the following two to three years, Israel will build alternative communities for the settlers, either in existing West Bank settlement blocs that Israel wants to retain or in areas in Israel, and move the settlers there, he said.

In drawing its borders, whether through unilateral withdrawals or negotiations, Israel will make sure the Palestinians will get contiguous territory so they will be able to establish a viable state, he said. In the absence of a peace deal, the army will remain in evacuated areas, Kadima officials have said.

The plan has no exact timetable, Schneller said, and Israel could give the new Hamas-led Palestinian government more or less than a year to recognize Israel, accept past peace deals and renounce violence - demands set by Israel and the international community for having ties with the militant group.

Olmert's so-called "convergence plan" is meant to be carried out in cooperation with the settlers, unlike Ariel Sharon's withdrawal from the Gaza Strip last summer, which led to confrontations with the residents of those communities.

But Pinchas Wallerstein, a Jewish settler leader, said settlers would resist. "A withdrawal of the kind that we saw in saw in (Gaza's) Gush Katif, with hugs and kisses, will not repeat itself," Wallerstein said.
                Last edited by HSB; 03-29-2006, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I have a feeling things are really going to get ugly - and soon. Israel has given her final word on how they feel about the land God's given them.

Comment

Andy: I cannot help but feel some very ancient decisions are being played out all over again: Consider this. The Israelites left slavery in Egypt and about 1 year and a few months later they made a frightful decision at Kadesh Barnea. They refused to enter the promised Land down near Gaza and Beersheva. So they were condemned to wander around the desert for a grand total of 40 years then entered near Jericho to GET what is the present west bank . Fast forward to today.
                    In mid 1967 the jews were GIVEN the entire West bank and Gaza by God in six days. Forty years later they are GIVING AWAY the entire West Bank. Oh, and that would be a year and some months after GIVING AWAY Gaza. It is the whole story all over again, only this time it is in reverse. Amazing!! The same decision based on fear and refusal to follow God's direction.

Comment

In mid 1967 the jews were GIVEN the entire West bank and Gaza by God in six days. Forty years later they are GIVING AWAY the entire West Bank. Oh, and that would be a year and some months after GIVING AWAY Gaza. It is the whole story all over again, only this time it is in reverse.
                      Now THAT is interesting.

As Andy just said, "I have a feeling things are really going to get ugly - and soon." ....... sadly, amen.

Issachar
                      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I wonder how long the world will search for our bodies after we disappear. I know Moses actually died (so I'm not trying to make a connection there) but I've wondered how long searches will go on when we disappear.

I was just musing over the events of the wilderness. The spies, the 2 that were faithful (two witnesses?), etc.

Thanks, HSB, for pointing out the 40 years. That is REALLY an amazing "coincidence" especially if they really do give up 1/2 of Jerusalem in 2007.

Comment

Here we go folks... interesting thias must occur during the George Bush term in office. Read the first 1000 posts to find out why that is important!

..Last update - 23:48 09/04/2006

Kadima says convergence will begin before November 2008

By Mazal Mualem and Aluf Benn, Haaretz Correspondents

Kadima does not intend to delay the implementation of the convergence plan, and expects to begin implementing it in 2008, Kadima representatives said on Sunday. The comments were made during coalition negotiations between Kadima and Likud officials.

Likud representatives quoted the Kadima officials as saying they plan to begin implementing the convergence plan during U.S. President George W. Bush's tenure, or by the end of 2008.

Kadima representatives also clarified that they do not plan to hold a national referendum on the convergence plan. Prime Minister-designate Ehud Olmert said recently that the March 28 elections were themselves a referendum on Kadima's diplomatic initiative, and that the nation had decided in favor of the plan.

Over the weekend, Olmert expressed his determination to implement the convergence plan in the West Bank in his first interviews to the foreign media since the elections, with the Washington Post and Newsweek. Olmert committed to providing territorial contiguity for a future Palestinian state in the West Bank, after removing most isolated settlements and converging them into blocs of settlements that will remain under Israeli control.
                          Last edited by HSB; 04-09-2006, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I have attached a link to a note posted on the Five Doves site today. The author raises a very good question....how can the Jews in Judea flee from the abomination of desolation if there are no Jews left there as a reult of the Kadima evacuation orders???

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/apr2006/davidm426.htm

Comment

WOW, that's some good thinking!

So - either Israel never leaves Judea or - they come back. Not likely once they've left the land to those thugs they'd ever get it back so apparently, as this author suggests, they're not going to give it up in the first place.

Comment

Wow!! That does bring up some interesting questions/thoughts.

If they never leave the land then we are very close.....so many possibilities!

Great find, HSB ( as always! )

On a side note....HSB...are you still planning your trip to Israel in May?
                                Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

Working...
                                X