X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

In Precepts class today. We thought about he year of Jubilee and what it means. Land is returned and freedom for slaves is returned and families go back to their land. My mind wandered and I thought of the Gaza and the West Bank and I longed for the Jubillee that will happen soon, when the King of Kings returns--Our Kinsman Redeemer/Blood Avenger who alone has the power to return the land to the rightful heirs. I feel such a confidence and joy in this From Boas through Obed and Jessie to David ---the Root of David return and things shall be whole. The whole of creation can cease form groaning and travailling. I cant wait. Until then lets stand in the gap and pray for Israel---for peace, for wise rulers, and the salvation of our Jewish brothers. Pray also that islamic people in prisions of lies will also find salvation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonrise
      Lay it to Heart,

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, in order to achieve their second goal, America must be destroyed first, right? That might mean physically, militarily or economically or a combination?
      All of the above plus the rapture would do the trick.

Comment

The West bank settlements are about to get squeezed even more: (our tour group will be travelling through this area extensively in May. This time we will be in a bus rather than cars.) HSB

FROM WND'S JERUSALEM BUREAU
        Officials predicting
        'West Bank intifada'
        Follows terrorists' warning to WND
        of 'massive new war' against Israel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Posted: March 1, 2006
        9:47 a.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
        © 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Outbreak of 2000 intifada
        JERUSALEM – With a large increase in the number of shootings, stabbings, stone and Molotov cocktail attacks against Israelis the past few weeks, Israeli security officials today said they fear the violent trend might indicate a plan by Palestinian terror groups to launch a new intifada, or "uprising," against the Jewish state, focused mostly against Jews in the West Bank.

The warning follows a widely circulated article in which leaders of all the major Palestinian terrorist organizations told WorldNetDaily recent events here are leading their groups to initiate what they called a third intifada against Israel, consisting of suicide bombings, rocket attacks against Jewish communities and "a few new surprises in our arsenal."

Major increase in 'low-level' attacks

The Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, the declared military wing of the long-ruling Fatah party, claimed responsibility for the fatal shooting today of a Jewish man at a gas station southeast of Nablus in the West Bank. An Israeli was injured near the West Bank town of Qalqiliya in a second shooting attack today. Yesterday, Palestinian terrorists stabbed two Jewish men in the West Bank, and at least four other stabbings were prevented.

Such incidences of stone-throwing, Molotov cocktail lobbing, shooting and stabbing have been reported daily the past two weeks, mostly in the West Bank. During this period, 50 firebombs were thrown, compared to 35 in the previous two weeks; 39 incidents of violence or damage to Jewish property were reported, compared to 26 in the previous two weeks; and there were 225 stone-throwing incidents, compared to 200 in the same period. Shooting attacks reportedly rose from 26 to 37 in the last two weeks, and the number of bombs planted from six to 15.

Security officials said more data needs to be collected before determining the implications of the rise in violence, but they warned the information coincides with trends indicative of the start of the previous two Palestinian intifadas.

The Palestinians started their first intifada in 1987, which developed into a well-organized violent rebellion orchestrated by Yasser Arafat's Palestine Liberation Organization from its headquarters in Tunis. It began with lower-level attacks similar to those seen the past few weeks, such as rock throwing.

The so-called second intifada was initiated in 2000 after Arafat rejected at Camp David an Israeli offer of a Palestinian state on most of the West Bank, Gaza Strip and sections of eastern Jerusalem. The violence began with rock throwing, shootings and stabbings and morphed into suicide bombings and rocket attacks. Some 993 Israelis and 3,781 Palestinians have been killed so far. Many say the second intifada is still being waged.

Security officials told WND they would expect any so-called third intifada to be concentrated mostly against Jewish communities in the West Bank.

"The Palestinian terror groups took responsibility for Israel's withdrawal from Gaza with their increased attacks there," said a senior security official. "Now it seems they are looking to do the same in the West Bank. This will be the scene of the next terror war."

'Third intifada on its way'

The major increase in attacks and latest Israeli warnings follow a series of WorldNetDaily exclusive interviews with leaders of the Palestinian terror groups who warned they soon will launch a massive violent campaign against Israel.

Some terrorist leaders, particularly from the Al Aqsa Brigades, whose associated Fatah Party scored poorly against Hamas in last month's parliamentary elections, say they are planning a "third intifada" against Israeli civilians mostly to revolt against the new Hamas-controlled Palestinian government.

"The new intifada is only a question of time and this will be the hardest and the most dangerous one. It's just about timing until the order to blow up a new wave of attacks will be given," Abu Nasser, a senior Al Aqsa Brigades leader from the Balata refugee camp in northern Samaria, said in an interview.

Abu Nasser, who boasted of orchestrating today's West Bank shooting attacks, declared the Brigades will not respect any cease-fire agreed upon by Hamas and will not halt attacks at Hamas' request.

"When we were in power, we were obliged to be more sensitive and more obedient to the instructions and policies of our leadership," he said. "Now that we lost the elections, why should we obey the leaders and just who do we obey? The Hamas?"

Other terror leaders told WND now that acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert announced his administration will seek an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank, terrorism against Israel must be stepped up "to prove we are chasing out the Israelis like we did in Gaza."

WorldNetDaily caught up with Abu Oudai, the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades leader responsible for coordinating the organization's rocket network in the West Bank. He warned his organization is preparing a massive rocket onslaught against Israel.

"We have launched [several] times and with the help of Allah we will launch these rockets regularly," he said. "There will be no calm, no cease-fire until the occupation leaves our land. I don't need to tell you that the aerial distance from Jenin to Netanya, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and other cities is not big without telling you what are all our plans concerning other parts of the West Bank."

Abu Abir, spokesman for the Popular Resistance Committees, an umbrella organization of terror groups responsible for the majority of rockets launched from the Gaza Strip, warned his group is prepared to launch a rocket intifada in the West Bank and against major Israeli cities.

"If there is need, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and everywhere in Israel can become our target. Israelis must also know that we have already transferred the knowledge and the technology of producing rockets to the West Bank. Israelis should wait for a revolution. ...The lives of Israeli citizens will turn to hell very soon," Abu Abir said.

Hamas chief Mahmoud al-Zahar told WND his group for the time being will refrain from participating in terror attacks, but it will not ask other groups to halt their violence.

Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine leader Abu Hani told WND his terror group used a cease-fire signed with Israel last year "for a rest in order to rehabilitate forces. The Palestinian people preserve its right to fight against Israel ... which is forcing us to launch a new intifada."

Islamic Jihad's northern West Bank leader, Abu Khalil, said his terror group is planning a new terror war to chase Israel from the West Bank and eventually from Jerusalem.

Asked by WND which weapons will be emphasized during Islamic Jihad's next wave of terror attacks, Abu Khalil replied, "I should not answer this question for operational reasons. But we proved that we use everything Allah enables us to achieve and to use – suicide attacks, rockets and more surprises. The Israelis should wait for interesting surprises."

Comment

Al-Qaeda in Gaza and West Bank, says Abbas

Could this be the hook in the jaws of the Americans, that will force them into a war that they really do not want to fight?

Check out the link below.

Link
          http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...191852378.html

Comment

Pretty interesting Snoopy - saw this one yesterday. Centainly looks like all sorts of "end-time" relationships are being strengthened or rekindled in all this recent activity.

Comment

Snoopy- looks like Hamastan is starting to take some shape: see Arutz Sheva below:

Olmert´s Plan: Destroy Most Yesha Communities
              13:30 Mar 05, '06 / 5 Adar 5766
              By Hillel Fendel

Ehud Olmert plans to withdraw tens of thousands of Jews from Judea/Samaria. The right-wing warns: The areas will be taken over by Hamas, leaving the army defenseless.

The plan, as outlined last night by Kadima Knesset candidate Avi Dichter, a former head of the General Security Service (Shabak), calls for razing most of the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria and relocating their residents in those that remain.

Dichter, #5 on the Kadima list of Knesset candidates, spoke to an audience in Holon.

The new Kadima plan would leave Israel with four or five isolated pockets of Israeli presence: a narrow finger 20 kilometers long from Rosh HaAyin to Ariel in the Shomron; parts of the Jordan Valley; and strips to the north, east, and south of Jerusalem. The rest of Judea and Samaria would become what many politicians have lately referred to as Hamastan.

The communities that are to remain, according to the plan Olmert wishes to implement if he wins the elections, have long been mentioned as the "settlement blocs" of Ariel, Maaleh Adumim and Gush Etzion. Karnei Shomron-Kedumim and the Jordan Valley have, occasionally, also been included in what might remain Israeli territory.

What is new about the Kadima plan, according to Dichter, is that several other communities are to remain as well - at least for the medium range. These include Kiryat Arba and Ofrah-Beit El. In addition, Dichter added, the areas that are to remain Israeli will be strengthened with the addition of the tens of thousands of residents expelled from the other areas.

Dichter explained that Acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert is of the opinion that if Hamas does not change its stance, which calls for the destruction of Israel and certainly no negotiations with Israel, then there will be no choice but to carry out further unilateral moves. He is now trying to persuade the U.S. and other foreign entities of this.

Dichter said that Israel would withdraw only civilians, but would retain its military presence in those areas until the PA is willing and able to combat terror and implement law and order.

MK Effie Eitam (National Union) said that removing only the civilians and leaving the army is "total nonsense." He said that it would not gain Israel any "political, diplomatic or military dividends," as it would displace additional tens of thousands of Jews while leaving the army alone in territory controlled by Hamas. In addition, it would not help Israel "set future borders," as Kadima claims, "because there is no such thing as permanent borders with Hamas on the other side."

Likud Knesset faction head MK Gideon Saar said the new Kadima plan is a "prize for Hamas." "The areas to be evacuated by Israel will immediately become new Hamas bases for attack against Israel and its citizens," Saar said.

Olmert has mentioned the two-state Road Map, a plan designed by U.S. President George Bush, less and less of late. The plan, which was approved - with 14 reservations - by the Sharon government in May 2003, calls for the establishment of a state headed by the Palestinian Authority side-by-side with Israel. Olmert feels that the ascent to power of Hamas, which has no intention of recognizing Israel, makes a two-state solution irrelevant.

Among the communities to be erased under Ehud Olmert's plan would be the following:
              In the Binyamin Regional Council, north of Jerusalem:
              Shilo, Eli, Shvut Rachel, N’vei Tzuf, Psagot, Maaleh Michmas, and Maaleh Levonah.

In eastern Gush Etzion:
              Tekoa, Nokdim (El-David), Maaleh Amos and Meitzad.

In Samaria Council and northern Samaria:
              Kedumim, Itamar, Yitzhar, Elon Moreh, Har Bracha, Avnei Cheifetz, Mevo Dotan, Hermesh and Tapuach.

In southern Judea:
              Adora, Pnei Hever, Maon, Susia, Otniel, Negohot, and Mitzpeh Shalem.

Avigdor Lieberman, head of the Yisrael Beiteinu party, sharply criticized the Kadima plan. "All talk of additional retreats in Yesha is irresponsible," he said, "as it strengthens Hamas, weakens Israel, and encourages terrorism." He warned that mortar shelling attempts would soon start from the areas under discussion, "just as occurred in the areas near Gaza such as Ashkelon

Comment

HSB -

Here is a companion article to the Arutz Sheva article you posted above. From Jerusalem Newswire: http://www.jnewswire.com/library/art...articleid=1011
                What I found particularly interesting was this, at the end, giving some significance to some of the towns listed in your article:
                Some of the more recognizable communities slated for removal include:

* Shiloh - home to the Ark of the Covenant for over 400 years and de facto capital of Israel during the time of the Judges (Judges 18; I Samuel 4)
                * Elon Moreh - site where God met with Abraham to show him the land his descendents would inherit (Genesis 12:6-7)
                * Tekoa - home to the Prophet Amos (Amos 1:1)
                * Maon - home of David's wife Abigail (I Samuel 25)

Comment

Hello Plumbob...

Your 'quote'... Some of the more recognizable communities slated for removal include:

* Shiloh - home to the Ark of the Covenant for over 400 years and de facto capital of Israel during the time of the Judges (Judges 18; I Samuel 4)
                  * Elon Moreh - site where God met with Abraham to show him the land his descendents would inherit (Genesis 12:6-7)
                  * Tekoa - home to the Prophet Amos (Amos 1:1)
                  * Maon - home of David's wife Abigail (I Samuel 25)
                  ================================================
                  The Ark actually resided in Shiloh for 369 years... It came across the Jordan River and was located at Gilgal for seven years while they took the Land... and another seven years while each Tribe took his posession... then it was moved to Shiloh for the 369 years!

God is good!

Blessings:

Comment

PlumBob: last May, my wife and I climbed to the top of Elon Morea, the spot where God showed Abraham the whole Promised land. What a breathtaking site that is. There is a Jewish settlement there which is deep in the West Bank Hamastan area. I simply do not believe that God will sit back and allow these folks to be uprooted yet again so some terrorists can have the Land. Time will tell and soon at that.

Comment

Originally posted by HSB
                      PlumBob: I simply do not believe that God will sit back and allow these folks to be uprooted yet again so some terrorists can have the Land.
                      Nor do I. I suspect that the curtain is about to rise on the final act of this little drama - and God is in the Director's chair, about to say "Cut!" (Mixing metaphors - movies and theater - but you get the idea.)

Comment

This is an article by Jack Kelley, and is published on the current Hal Lindsey page. It's very lengthy, but extremely interesting. HSB, it doesn't directly address Ezek 36, but never the less speaks directly to the certainty of the times.

Quoted in part from http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/arti...rticleID=12598
                        The Four 4 Horsemen, al Mahdi, and the Magnetic Polar Reversal

Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, "Come!" and I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer. (Rev 6:1-2)

The first of the seven seals is broken early in the 70th week of Daniel, just after the church has disappeared. Liberal scholars often identify the rider of the white horse as the Lord Jesus, pointing to his crown and the fact that he's a conqueror. I think some part of their conclusion comes from watching all those TV westerns as kids, where the good guys always rode white horses. I say that because this rider is most definitely not Jesus. He's the anti-Christ.
                        HSB or others, your thoughts?
                        Last edited by PlumBob; 03-13-2006, 08:42 PM.

Comment

hi there PlumBob: delighted to hear from you...I was actually going to ask if your WEDG "ham" request thread was "kosher"....

I have been reading a lot about the Muslim Madhi figure who is their Messiah who will set up a seven year kingdom. He will come from a cave..many think that he is already in the world..perhaps Osama in his cave will lead the way. Or the President of Iran who has messianic aspirations too. But I understand it is only the Shiites who are "twelvers" believing in the return of the 12th Imam who disappeared as a child in the 9th century. The Sunnis also belioeve in Madhi but not this part.

I happen to agree that the white horse figure is not Jesus for many of the reasons given in the article. However I find it interesting that all four horses in Revelation have a rider. To my knowledge nobody has ever speculated about who the other three riders may be, given they are so sure the first rider is the antichrist. Seems like a different standard is applied to the first as opposed to last three horses. I happen to think that the white horse rider is maybe not a person so much as it is an "entity" like the other three cases. The white may simply mean dramatic peaceful conquest..an empire emerging without bloodshed or even force of arms, much like Europe is presently confederating. Starting January 2007 there will commence a 7 year budget cycle, perhaps with a consolidated foreign affairs office speaking as one voice for the E.U. The ENP (European Neighborhood Policy) deals will be confirmed in this budget process and take economic effect at that point in time. Interesting that there is even a three and a half year mid point review cycle built into the budget process. In addition the E.U. protocols on animals takes effect in 2010, in time to stop any sacrificial system that might be reintroduced in Israel.
                          I believe the other 3 horses of revelation are also saddled and ready to ride. War, economic collapse (led by a fall in the US dollar?), global plague (bird flu??) are all waiting impatiently in the wings (pun intended )
                          All of this touches Israel... as trade requirements, a momentous earthquake anihilation of Gog's horde in the West Bank etc. Hold onto your seat..it will be a big ride starting shortly.
                          For those out there who believe we will miss this mess by way of an early rapture, I hope and pray you are right, but in my heart believe you to be wrong. Methinks we will go through a refining process that involves a significant amount of heat
                          These are just some very quick thoughts on my way to bed. I must say how surprised I was not to read the R word in the article. I thought hal L was absolutely sure that MaGog's realm was Russia. If Gog war fits in here a whole big chunk of the Muslim world would in fact be destroyed in the process.

Comment

The majority of people who think they are christians will go through the tribulation Jesus faithfull Church is only a small Philadelphian remnant.
                            i do think that many of those ""cultural christians"who miss the rapture because they werent saved will be shocked into reality by the rapture and will be the yeast of that great tribulation period revival......
                            along with the 144000 Jews of course....

Comment

Why not the same rider for all four horses? John does not see them all at once. he doesn't say the riders look the same, but he's not focusing on the riders at all in those verses - rather, he focuses on what the riders has with him, or what he does. However, in 2 verses it's "he that sat on him" and another it's "he that sat thereon." I'm not sure if it's the same in the Greek, I'm too busy to check, but I think it sounds pretty much the same.

Even with the fourth horse, it's "his name that sat on him..." He sums it all up then with all the disease and pesilence and famine, but those are going to result, IMO, not just from natural famines and the like, but also from the war and economic collapse and so on.

This is not the say the four horses are equal, obviously there are distinct differences. But, personally, I think this is part of Antichrist's plan - he will fulfill so many different roles for so many people, that billions will turn to him as the one who can solve all the world's problems.
                              My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
                              Please print, pass on these items:
                              http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
                              http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

part of article from Debka on the Iraq/Israel parallels: (waiting for Gog!)
                                http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=1149

Since Israel’s pullout, the Gaza Strip has become a sanctuary for Palestinian and international Islamic terrorist movements, from Hamas to al Qaeda, Hizballah and sundry Palestinian groups funded from Tehran. Gaza is a cautionary model which all counter-terror forces operating in the Middle East would do well to avoid like the plague.

But instead, they are rushing to embrace it. US leaders, president George W. Bush and vice president Richard Cheney may insist loudly the US must stay the course until a free and stable Iraq is on its feet. However, on the ground, American troops are pulling back with the stated goal of quitting 75 percent of the country by summer’s end, although Rumsfeld acknowledges: “Turning our backs on postwar Iraq today would be the modern equivalent of handing postwar Germany back to the Nazis.”

By the same token, Ehud Olmert and his Kadima face two ways: they promise to “fight terror” and at the same time are committed to a unilateral pullback from large tracts of the West Bank if they are elected. They have no answers to the key questions of who will step into the vacuum and how the vacated territory will be secured against its falling into willing terrorist hands.

Clearly, another unilateral Israeli withdrawal would compound the Gaza Strip disaster, opening up the West Bank to a further surge of violent elements.

Comment

Working...
                                X