X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

My thoughts Snoopy on God's wrath and the withdrawal are:

I wondered and hoped that God would intervene in a dramatic way, and I thought that He would not allow the booting out of His people from their returned and settled homeland. I thought verses like in Joel 3 where they talk of dividing the land were past .

NOW

I think God will allow things to take their course without shock and awe from above. I think we will see the west bank given over and probably a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its captial or a divided Jerusalem. God WILLl step in with His version of Shock and Awe and we will see righteousness done in His land--but it will be in His time and I bet it will not be too far offf.
    Last edited by wendyj; 08-26-2005, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know if there a web site where there is a map of the original boundries of Israel ( the land that G-d gave them) not the boundries they have today.

I'd like to see what G-d gave them originally, some one was telling me that the Gaza Strip was not part of what G-d gave them. But I believe it was, and alot more land (some of Jordan).

It would be interesting to see a map of the original Promised Land.

Thanks
      Allthingsnew
      Last edited by Allthingsnew; 08-27-2005, 06:49 AM.

Comment

From Post #1, Page 1
        Originally posted by HSB
        On the near horizon, the single greatest impact event I see coming is the attempt to create a Palestinian state. If this turns out to be successful, let's all put our books away for another 50 years because the "mountains of Israel" would then be the "mountains of the Palestinian Arabs".

If this new state is to be foisted on the Jews, and we know it will be, then I ask who is going to implement it? It won't be the IDF, with over 10,000 military personnel already signing a petition that they would refuse to uproot Jews from settlements. It will require a large multinational "peace" force. I believe this is the force that will constitute Gog's "coalition".

All I would appreciate is a consideration of the consequences of implementing an arab state on the west bank, and the abandonment of the very area God is speaking to in Ezekiel 36. Somebody is going to have to show up soon on the mountains of Israel to do the dirty work. . .
        HSB -

Some timely follow ups, don’t you think?

I’ve quoted from your very first Post #1, Page 1. I’d like to hear your thoughts about whether it’s time for us to put away our books for another 50 years.

I note that you repeatedly refer to “Palestinian state,” “new state,” and “arab state on the west bank” in these three paragraphs, and you used the term “Palestinian state” in another paragraph (not quoted here) as well.

We’re now seeing nothing but the mopping up - demolition of buildings etc. The resistance pretty much folded at the knees, and the IDF didn’t as much as break a tactical sweat. Fiat accompli. Sharon is “weeping,” the arabs are “dancing,” other world leaders are “encouraged,” and Wedgies are shaking their heads.

I didn’t take the time to go find one thought that I posed somewhere in the early days of this thread, that being that there may be, in God’s eyes, a huge difference between giving the arabs the keys to the house, and giving them the deed to the house. I suspect that you will agree that your use of the term “arab state” etc. is directly related to that same concept.

I’ve also been interested in ZionGene’s near-soliloquy entitled “What Ails Israel,” particularly in the way in which he imputes the last 2 weeks to God’s setting up the Israeli’s for a good winnowing.

So, taking everything else (the Gog “invasion” in particular) off the table, I’d like to hear your thoughts about where you think we are. Is it time for us to close our books? In which case I won't go buy that Harley just yet ;-) or are we still in a holding pattern to see if and when the arabs actually get their “state” up and running (without any valid currency, no centralized command and control of police or military power, no meaningful export of goods or services - shoot, no meaningful goods & services at all - etc. etc. ad infinitum.)

Your thoughts?

PB

Comment

Wendyj, I believe that what God will do in response to what these guys are attempting to do with the Holy Land, is so horrific, that He will not permit the church to be here to feel the fall-out and collateral damage, which will result. Remember, that it has only been eight months ago that the greatest recorded flood of waters, since the Great Flood, took just next door to the largest (in terms of population) Moslem country-Indonesia-in the world.

Just suppose that God intends to crack the planet open! What might become of us who know Christ, if we are still here at that time?

Comment

I agree ZG. Take the tsunami for instance---possibly judgement. Possibly because of them worshipping idols who hate them and refusing the God who loves them , those affected by the flood were left to the vices of the gods they had picked.

I believe as do you that God will go to town over His land and it will be in judgement and there will be no mistaking it. I expect we will view from heaven too.

wj

Comment

Revelation 11:2 says that Jerusalem will be an international city for 3 1/2 years run by the NWO and the AC. also Zechariah says in ch 14 that Jews will flee Jerusalem at the 2nd coming after HALF the city has fallen to the enemy.
              Revelation 12:6 &14 also says the Jews will flee to be protected elsewhere for 3 1/2 years .... so go figure my guess is that the righteous Jews flee Jerusalem for safety for 3 1/2 years but the secular Jews stay in Jerusalem and obey the AC untill the 2nd coming

we have to base our expectations on scripture. we know the endgame.

The arabs will not get Jerusalem because the NWO and the AC want the city.

Comment

Originally posted by lewishb
                The arabs will not get Jerusalem because the NWO and the AC want the city.
                Out of curiosity, Lewis, why do you see these as mutually exclusive? There may be all kinds of political alliances pop up, as long as all the participants think they are getting something out of it.

Comment

The way i see it the 7 year treaty Promises everyone everything they want so everyone goes for it. The world is told that Jerusalem has to be made an international city so it later can be given to both the arab and the Jews. both parties are told it will be given to them only....BUT the AC and NWO have their own agenda. when the AC proclaims himself to be god, the "wheels fall of the wagon". the wars begin......

All my opinion of course

Comment

Revelation 11:
                    1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
                    2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Matthew 7:6
                    Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

It looks like they will share Jerusalem but not to a good end.

Comment

Dear PlumBob: I did not have any strong feelings whether God would let the Gaza evacuation go ahead or not. Most of the settlers there were not Orthodox Jews. Nor does the area pull as strongly at the heart strings as does Jerusalem or the ancient Judah/Samaria region. Nevertheless it was part of the tribal allotments. I thought perhaps the evacuation would be messy but likely go ahead (without the divine intervention for which settlers were pleading). I believed the mess would bolster pressure for outside assistance when it comes to the rest of the West Bank communities.
                      It seems that the speed and smoothness of the Gaza evacuations have if anything built pressure to get on with the Big Prize. I still believe THAT part will falter badly with God intervening. If He chooses not to do so I for one will "pack up my books" as promised in the very first post. "Aha the ancient mountains have become our possession" say the enemies of Israel, right out of Ezekiel 36, shortly before they are destroyed.
                      The issue of timing is also confusing to me. With the 40 year anniversary since June 1967 coming up in a couple of years I thought that would make a lot of sense, particularly since it follows the EU 7 year budget cycle that starts January 1, 2007. On the other hand the 40 years of "testing" in the wilderness turned out to be from leaving Egypt not Kadesh Barnea. There was only 38.8 years between that fateful mistake and the crossing of the Jordan. Others have posted that the 40,000 days that are involved here come due this very fall, I believe on Rosh Hashana if not mistaken. So what will happen. I will quietly watch developments.
                      Regarding other elements in my original scenario..the price of oil continues to bound upwards. The potential for leaders like Chavez to put us all "over the barrel" also is climbing.
                      My wife and I enjoyed the hospitality of Gush Katif residents when we toured through their settlements last May. It is hard to believe that all those pretty homes with lovely gardens are now a pile of rubble!

Comment

Watching the news it seemed very easy to do this to the Jews. There was very little armed resistance. It reminded me of the footage I have seen of the Nazis rounding up Jews and taking them to the death camps. Those poor people must have not really undestood what was going on back then. Since most of them do not know or believe in the return of Jesus as the Messiah, they don't really know what is going to happen now either.

Comment

Originally posted by HSB
                          It seems that the speed and smoothness of the Gaza evacuations have if anything built pressure to get on with the Big Prize. I still believe THAT part will falter badly with God intervening.
                          (PlumBob nods head)

The issue of timing is also confusing to me. With the 40 year anniversary since June 1967 coming up in a couple of years I thought that would make a lot of sense, particularly since it follows the EU 7 year budget cycle that starts January 1, 2007. On the other hand the 40 years of "testing" in the wilderness turned out to be from leaving Egypt not Kadesh Barnea. There was only 38.8 years between that fateful mistake and the crossing of the Jordan. Others have posted that the 40,000 days that are involved here come due this very fall, I believe on Rosh Hashana if not mistaken.
                          Yes, I believe so.

But if this has taught us anything, it surely must be that these kinds of political machinations can be hatched, watered and fed, and brought to maturity pretty quickly. Much more quickly than I would have believed, to be quite honest. Governments are generally ponderously slow - but this whole thing unfolding like it did - WOW. Me thinks this may portend the model for the continued unfolding of the end of the age.

---------------------------- LATER

The games continue
                          from http://israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=88768

EU Envoy Otte: Withdrawal is the Model for Jerusalem
                          01:07 Aug 28, '05 / 23 Av 5765 By Nissan Ratzlav-Katz

The EU envoy to the Middle East, Mark Otte, said in an interview appearing this weekend that Israel's recent uprooting of Jewish communities is a model for the rest of Samaria, Judea and Jerusalem.

"Our position regarding the West Bank and east Jerusalem is identical - they are occupied territories, and the future of Jerusalem will also be discussed in negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians," Mr. Otte told Al-Quds, a Jerusalem-based Arabic-language newspaper.

Otte dismissed statements by Prime Minister Ariel Sharon that Israel will retain large blocs of Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria in any permanent arrangement with the Palestinian Authority. Such commitments, the European Union envoy asserted, are nothing more than "spin" intended for internal Israeli consumption.

The EU also does not take seriously Israel's demand that the PA fulfill its commitments to disarm Arab terrorist groups. According to the Al-Quds interview, Mr. Otte said the EU does not demand that the PA confront terrorist groups militarily, or that the PA initiate a civil war in order to carry out its obligations.

In June, Mr. Otte defended European Union contacts with Hamas representatives, despite the organization being listed as a terrorist organization in EU countries, by saying that "if they are duly elected in free and fair elections under international supervision, you have to know what to do with elected representatives."
                          Last edited by PlumBob; 08-28-2005, 11:27 AM.

Comment

For the life of me I just dont get it?

Comment

Originally posted by wendyj
                              For the life of me I just dont get it?
                              Wendy, it's all about 3 things: gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel. The whole north of North America functions, almost entirely, on and because of, petroleum-based energy. We are now seeing the sacrifice of what Wedgies see as spiritual realities, for the sake of what others see as political realities. It's interesting that one political party, or particular group, will bash another political party, or particular group, for the high price of gasoline, and assign blame, but I haven't seen ANYBODY garage their cars, SUV's, motorhomes, or NOT take an airplane trip, in favor of a bicycle or walking or simply staying at home.

The spiritual dimension of this is certainly something that we here on WEDG can appreciate, but outside of a VERY LIMITED number of people on this whole planet, it has no meaning whatsoever. Gotta keep that oil flowing, no matter what else has to be sacrificed. The End.

Comment

Hi all:
                                It's been a while since I last jumped into this thread... the Disengagement went ahead as Sharon had planned it much more smoothly than I would have thought. It was chilling to see the population leaving as they did... the best that they were able to achieve was to try and lay 'guilt' on the heads of those forcing their removal. Yes! Sharon 'wept'... I think the people of Gush Katif "WEPT"!!! In time Sharon may become the man that got 'The Road-Map to Peace', moving again! When everything had seemed to have come to a deadly halt... he took decisive action and got things moving again. IMHO... it was probably due to unbearable pressure from USA - EU - UN !!!

But... the deed is done... Gaza has been depopulated of Jews... the buildings are coming down... and soon the Palestinians will be dancing on the rubble! Is that a win? Well to the Arabs that I have talked to it is... very much so. And it is not seen as a real gesture by Sharon... it is seen as the rewards to hero's efforts... to those who have blown themselves up for a just cause! "This Land was won... not just handed over... and more importantly... all of the rest of the Land that is not yet handed over will be taken... ALL OF THE LAND WILL BE PALESTINE!

And what does the WORLD say???

From 1967 through 1989, out of 865 resolutions in the Security Council and General Assembly of the U.N…. 526 were against Israel… 60.81%

The last ‘Anti-Arab’ Vote in the U.N. was fifty-eight [58] years ago, in 1947.

Not once has the U.N. reprimanded any of those who, without provocation, have been, since 1948, waging FIVE Wars against Israel, with the openly declared intention to annihilate her!

Nor have the Terrorists ever been condemned by the U.N.

In November, 2003 Israel introduced its first resolution since 1976, asking for a prohibition against Arab Terrorists who specifically target Women & Children… This request was rejected, and replaced by a resolution demanding protection of Palestinian Children from Israel.

Of the 191 current members of the U.N., 190 [including the worst Terrorist Nations] are allowed to take their rotating turns on the Security Council - but not Israel! Why?

Israel is not allowed to take a rotating term on the fifty-three-member U.N. Commission on Human Rights… [Libya, Cuba, Zimbabwe, Sudan- {with documented extermination policies – killing millions in her Southern Territories} has just been accepted for a third consecutive term]. Why?

Israel has been a Member of the U.N. for more than fifty [50] years!

Israel is not allowed to be a member of the International Red Cross… The Red Crescent {representing Muslim Countries – many who have never signed the Geneva Conventions [Israel signed in 1949] } is accepted, but Israel is excluded! Why?

Is there something akin to a bit of a trend here? Why is Israel singled out this unique way? Is there anything to the likelihood that possibly, just possibly there is a new Anti-Semitism growing... No! Arabs are Semites... this is not Anti-Semitism... this is Hatred of Israel! These are seen as God's People, and the World hates God... they desire with every fiber of their Beings to be free from any kind of restraint. This is a very tangible way of demonstrating this feeling to God Himself! There is a whole lot of hurt coming. At some point God will move, and you really want to be on His side when He moves! There is much in Scripture that addresses what He does, when He moves.

Lay-it-to-Heart...
                                Your quote...Revelation 11:
                                1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
                                2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

It is really worth taking a look at Ezekiel 43... See the following Scripture, as I believe that it references two Temples side-by-side on Temple Mount
                                Eze 43:2 And behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east; and his voice was like the voice of many waters; and the earth was lit up with his glory.
                                :3 And the appearance of the vision that I saw was according to the vision that I had seen when I came to destroy the city; and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar: and I fell upon my face.
                                :4 And the glory of Jehovah came into the house by the way of the gate whose front was toward the east.
                                :5 And the Spirit lifted me up, and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of Jehovah filled the house.
                                :6 And I heard one speaking unto me out of the house; and a man was standing by me.
                                :7 And he said unto me, Son of man, this is the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever; and the house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, they nor their kings, with their fornication, and with the carcases of their kings in their high places,
                                :8 in that they set their threshold by my threshold, and their post by my post, and there was only a wall between me and them, and they defiled my holy name with their abominations which they committed; and I consumed them in mine anger.
                                :9 Now let them put away their fornication, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.
                                Last edited by Don Brooks; 08-28-2005, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X