This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

lewishb, that scenario of yours may be the way it will work out, but I think that the only thing which is driving those two men at this time is selfishness

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Could this game Bush and Sharon are playing be giving the arabs enough "rope" so that they can send fire down on the arabs at the right time?
    certainly, imho that is G-Ds plan, to give the arabs every chance before HE (uses Bush and Sharon??? to ) destroys them.......

Masada will NOT fall again ......
    Last edited by lewisb; 06-11-2005, 09:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Lay it to heart: I agree that early summer 2007 is a particularly important time for the future of Israel. The 40 year period after 1967 is completed.

Gail: The only other person specifically named in advance in Scripture that I am aware of is Cyrus (actually Koresh= servant in Hebrew) That is why he is called God's servant when he sponsored the return of the Jews to Israel shortly after the demise of the Babylonian empire. I believe history records there actually was a king named Cyrus who did exactly what God had said in advance he would. I wonder if anyone has shown George how he might figure in prophecy. I myself tried personally, writing to John Hagee and asking that he draw this concern to the attention of the President. Dr. Hagee's staff respectifully declined. I doubt that the issue ever got to Dr. Hagee personally but I am certain he ALREADY KNOWS HOW SERIOUS THESE ISSUES ARE. Literally the fate of the USA may well hang in the balance. In thinking about the "hook in the jaw" I doubt it is a fish hook that is dangled in the water, more like the old ice hooks of yesterday that will grab Gog by the neck and drag him into judgment at some point in time.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Israel was fully established in June 1967 when it regained Jerusalem. 40 years from that date ends up in June 2007, two years from now. That's the last good war time summer available for President Bush to establish his legacy. If I recall correctly he wants to establish peace before his term is up. If he really wants try it, it will require force but presidents seem hesistant to stir the pot the summer before a presidential election. My interpretation is that if he wants a shot at it it will have to be by then.

Leave a comment:

• gail
    replied

Could it be that Gog is used more as a generic or say general term describing all the enemies of God, or is this case Israel?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Lay it to heart:
    I think you know where I stand (sadly) on this question. I did a study some time ago on the name Gog...in certain languages it means the same as George. In Hebrew the jury is out about ancient pronunciations..some have indicated that in the past the letter gimel sounded like our j ..I could go on and mention the similarity of Gimel/Vav/Gimel (Gog) to Gimel/Resh/Gimel (George). Suffice it to say that Israelis reading their newspapers in Hebrew see this EVERY DAY in front of them, staring back. Then there was the recent Israel National Radio broadcast asking if George is Gog? (the answer yes they thought so) Apparently even GWB nick name in Skull and Bones Society was Gog. How they knew that was beyond me but that was what was broadcast..who knows, maybe there was a linguist in the Tomb with them at Yale. There is NO ONE ELSE around with a handle like Gog... oh except for somebody who was surprised by a sight in a book I once read... the author said he stood there "agog" Consider that gallows humor.

So at this point we have George at least with a name that "works" as the leader of a vast horde fulfilling Ezekiel's prophecy. Oh I forgot to mention he happens to be the "chief" of the strongest, most powerful military nation in the history of the world that according to recent press releases spends almost as much money on its military AS THE REST OF THE WHOLE WORLD COMBINED!!!! Sorry I got a bit carried away there..it's actually only 47% of total world expenditures. Did I mention that George himself is a "war president" who is quite prepared to commit troops and equipment anywhere in the world (some would even say recklessly but let's not get into that) Maybe that is why the USA has a half dozen formerly secret military bases with equipment in Israel already.

Perhaps I should mention that USA is the ONLY country in the world presently with major strategic "reach" and "punch" in both conventional as well as nuclear forces. Note that there is now a race on to get a missile shield in place before the emerging nuclear powers perfect their own long range missiles and decide to use them.

A motive? How about the desperate state of oil supplies in the next few years and the need to secure the flow (not to mention the profits) well into the future. But the cover story would be implementing a new Palestinian state. George Bush wants a legacy for his term in office. The very day he was reelected Tony Blair flew in from UK to implore George to commit to settlement in the Middle East (let's get the Muslims off our collective back George) That narrows down the "window" in terms of time doesn't it?

So how realistic is the time factor of the next few years? Well it certainly agrees with the second stage of the evacuation of settlements (Gaza being first this summer) and satisfies the arab oil barons if it moves ahead on schedule.

MaGog as you know means simply "Land of Gog". It would be bad enough for the "coalition of the willing", the international force that joins Gog in the "deployment" into Israel -note that the Bible does NOT MENTION ANY RESISTANCE offered to Gog's arrival...except that God Almighty is upset, intervenes with the mother of all earthquakes and completely destroys Gog's army, then follows that up with sending "fire on the coastlands". Let's hope that means the arctic coasts of Russia where nobody lives, not the east and west coast of USA where 75% of Americans live.

The Israelis have said that they consider the USA presently to be the greatest threat they face in the world. Let me say that one more time..they consider the USA presently to be the greatest threat they face in the world! The recent statements from the president about going back to 1948 armistice lines in negotiations with the Palestinians is a call for national suicide! Not to mention that the Palestinians under Abbas have done NOTHING AT ALL to stop terrorist attempts in Israel and continue to lob mortar bombs and kassam rockets into Gaza settlements.

I think I should stop now to catch my breath! You have a name that works, a motive that works, a means that works, and a timeline that works. Do you think that the USA would allow a Russian invasion of the Middle East Oil fields without action??? Give head a big shake. The people who "protest" Gog's arrival on the Mountains of Israel (that would be the west bank) are Sheba/Dedan (modern Saudi Arabia) and the merchants of Tarshish (I believe Europe) Both smell a big SNATCH by Gog but are powerless to stop him.

I hope you get some other scenarios/alternatives. I would love to hear some of them myself.

PostScript: Folks sometimes it seems that we are watching a giant game of Risk played out before our eyes. Here is a fascinating link to news of the recent inauguration of a pipeline to deliver Caspian oil directly to the Mediterranean Sea. This little US backed 4 billion dollar baby will move 1 million barrels a day to privileged customers.
    http://www.bakutoday.net/view.php?d=13478
    Last edited by HSB; 06-11-2005, 03:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I tell you what, although I believe that George Bush will not fulfill the role of Gog, yet, if America was on God's scratch list of those nations, on whose behalf He might have delayed the curtain-raising of the Day Of The Lord, Mr. Bush has just taken his country off that list. I hope that God can still find ten nations somewhere else, on whose behalf He might spare the world, as he would have done, had He found ten righteous persons in Sodom!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

So who is Gog? I have come across three suggestions; the classic Russia, Mecca and President George Bush. Russia was thought to be Gog because they are from the uttermost north of Israel. Checking the actual scriptures in Hebrew, the word does not say Gog is from the uttermost north but comes from the north quarters in its attack on Israel. From another standpoint, Gog is the chief among those who come against Israel. Those who come against Israel for the most part (Ezekiel 38-39) are tied to the Muslim world. Mecca is their current chief. Finally, Gog is thought to be President Bush by others and any "peacekeeping plan" could likely involve an entry into Israel through the Golan thus fulfilling scripture. We have previously discussed the reasoning behind these but ask yourself now, "What country is currently acting out the part of the land of Magog?"

Leave a comment:

• Sandylion
    replied

Good Morning Wendyj! How exciting to see you here and all that you have to offer. Somehow I just knew you would fit in here

Yes, we are all looking forward to hearing what your friends have to say in regards to this thread. Our fascination with the Word of God and His people only strengthens when we discuss and teach one another.

Mal 3:16 - Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another,
    And the Lord listened and heard them;
    So a book of remembrance was written before Him
    For those who fear the Lord
    And who meditate on His name.

"They shall be Mine," says the Lord of hosts,
    "On the day that I make them My jewels.*
    And I will spare them
    As a man spares his own son who serves him."
    Then you shall again discern
    Between the righteous and the wicked,
    Between one who serves God
    And one who does not serve Him.

See you on Wednesday!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Welcome, wendyj -

I'll echo that I think all of us would be very interested in opinions, observations and thoughts directly from Israel.

I've been away for a week - every time I do that I have several pages of posts to catch up. Exciting times.

PlumBob

Leave a comment:

• wendyj
    replied

[ I trust you had a delightful time over there in Israel, and that you got to spend some time in the West Bank settlements. It will be interesting to see what your friends in Israel think of the points made on this thread. Regards and Shalom. HSB [/QUOTE]

Actually I was with Kay Arthur's group and I tried to talk to as many people as possible. I did not get to the settlements. I wish I had been reading this thread before I went. I would have gon eon my day off. I was surprized by the trip -its was unexpected. To tell you the truth, I always cheered for Israel because they were God's people but that was as far as it went.

BUT when I landed in Israel I was overwhelmed with the spirit of God and such love immediately for the land and the people. One meeting we had was with some young teens who talked with the group and asked why we were there (old Jersusalem) we told them we were Christians and they asked if we hated Israel , we told of our love for it. Then they asked if we hate Jews---what a strange way to converse. We told them we really loved them.

Another shop lerk told me that there is a new spirit in the Christians and he sees love from us for the first time in his life. How can this be? These people really need to be loved.

The Holocost Museum really socked it to Christians basically blaming most of the persecutions on us. I felt so grieved for the name of Christ knowing His love for them.

We also met with Yuri Stern from the Knesset who is in charge of a Christian Jew Allliance Caucus on Judeo Xian values and Promotion. He recommended a book to me by the former tourism minister who didn't like this disengagement stuff and who was killed, The book is just being printed:
    "God's Covenant with Israel: Established Biblical Boundaries"--if my memory is correct.

While in Jerusalem I talked with a few who were infavor of the disengagement plan because of their hopes for peace. They are so tired and can taste peace in anticipation. And this past year they have been teased by the small peace and run after if like a small carrot in front of their noses. I initially thought "great, yes go for it!" But that night as I lay on my bed I thought about Chamberland in England and Hittler and the policy of Appeasement, then I thought about where I was and Whose people and Whose place it was and Who is the Strong Tower where the righteous run to be safe. I became very aware of how wrong that thinking was. And since that night God has placed it on my heart to struggle in prayer for His people, and His land and to give insight understanding and courage to stand in righteousness like Joshua of old to those involed incl leaders in Israel Europe and USA. I do wonder where Canada stands in all this? Anyone have a clue how prominant a position we in the North have taken on this?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Welcome WendyJ I am also interested it what your friends might add to this thread.I do not post here often,but the Ezekiel 36 thread for me is the most important thread here,and if I had time to only visit one thread,this would be the one.

HSB thanks for this article link,and by the way welcome back in case I forgot to mention!
    http://www.thegoldenreport.com/asp/j....asp?a=915&z=1

kennygg

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Welcome WendyJ!!! you have already displayed great fortitude in wading through all the Ezekiel 36 posts. Glad to have you with us. I was in israel for almost one month (May) so we were there at the same time. I also was at the Galilee Experience with our group..was last there many years ago. I trust you had a delightful time over there in Israel, and that you got to spend some time in the West Bank settlements. It will be interesting to see what your friends in Israel think of the points made on this thread. Regards and Shalom. HSB

Leave a comment:

• wendyj
    replied

Hi I'm WendyJ (Canada)and I'm just back from 21/2 weeks in Israel -May28. Sandy my Precept bible Study buddy gave me the web site and since this Wednesday I've been reading all the Ezekiel postings---What a marathon! I have written to 2 acquaintances in Israel (Messianic Jews) --one working with Precept Ministries with Kay Arthur, to see if they are interested in checking this thread out. My friends at Galilee Experience in Tiberias have recommended an expert on the Ezekiel chapters in question. They are inquiring whether he would correspond with us on the list as apparently he is able to see things from the prospective of those in Israel and would answer any questions about those who live in the land accurately. I will let you know more soon.
    Wendy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

here's another stinging message, this one from the Golden Report
    http://www.thegoldenreport.com/asp/j....asp?a=915&z=1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X