X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wendyj
    replied
    Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

Regarding replacement theology: where does the Catholic Church stand?
    Also where does that church stand in regards to Israel?
    How do the Replacement-ites defend their position?

Interesting ---when I talked with one of the Jews in Israel , he told me that after mcuh persecution and blaming of Jews by Christians, he recognizes a new spirit of love in Christians visiting Jerusalem and talking with him. This is exciting to me as God promises a new spirit---a heart of flesh. Maybe this is taking place as this man recognizes the spirit of Yeshua, and if he is now recognizing a new spirit I ask why, maybe he is being given insight.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Mr Fowler

It appears to me that that man is as near to Saul, the first king in Israel as any man can be. He acts as if he is a king, and broke his own word and that of the nation to the "Settlers," just as Saul did to the Gibeonites and to David, who he pursued, even after promising that he would not. May that man be like Saul in many other ways

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

agrace: really nice to hear from you. I agree totally with the conclusion that outsiders will be needed. ZionGene has put it quite aptly: "I get the feeling that God is preparing a trap and that the wicked are rushing unwittingly into it." While the settlers may feel that they are in increasingly desperate straits, God is quietly preparing to "hook" the outsiders into israel to display His own power and authority. Things are certainly getting interesting!! Let's hope and pray that the US Iraq "exit strategy" does NOT involve a role in Israel.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Fowler
    replied
    On Judges, and the first demand for a king

I recall a thread earlier that there was just a tiny bit of speculation that some poeple wanted a king over Israel. So, a little connecting...

I was just reading in Judges lately how everyone did that which was right in their own sight so often, and God allowed the Hebrews to keep going in that vicious cycle - backsliding, idolatry, repentence, and deliverance, basically. And, thinking to myself.

What we have seen in Israel, IMO, is a pattern much like in Judges. Not exactly sure how this one will pan out, but I keep thinking about how Israel then clamored for a king after so long in that cycle. They got King SAul - not the man God had chosen. If they hadn't clamored for Saul, what would have happened? My hunch is David would have arisen anyway when God's timing was right, perhaps making the transition from judge to king? But, that's not importan right now.

In the same way, God wants the people to come and receive Yeshua by faaith. He is the Anointed one of Israel. But, we know that the Israelis will choose a false prince - the Antichrist. Will he be chosen as their king, or won't he? I'll have to read more, but while many discuss the BAbylonian captivity, I am struck by the way in which this is shaping up as the Book of Judges does.

Indeed, numerous times Israel has won victories, then given them back. Not just after the Sox Day War, but after they went into Lebanon in the early 1980s. They have had the enemy totally on the run in numerous wars, yet they have kept falling back, jsut like the nation did in Judges. And, whatever happens, it would not surprise me if the end result is that the people of Israel, tired of this mess of ministers going back ont heir word, unable to delier promises, and so on, clamor for a king.

Best case scenario for Israel - God does the spectacular in July, they get a reprieve when the Palestinians are wiped out, and there is revival, massive revival. Worst case - the AC winds up sending troops in to help evict the settlers, they are successful and Israel thus clamors for the AC to be their leader & confirms that 7-year covenant, and God starts to pour out His fury on the whole earth. In which case we, the church, will be leaving faster than I can say Armageddon outta here.

And, right now, those two seem plausible, as does everything in between. There were quiet times when a judge succeeded another judge, and some pretty bad times, too. But, the end result, after all that, was that each man was doing what seemed right in his own sight. And, sadly, the whole world seems to be doing that now, following the crowd.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

agrace, maybe that man himself should go down there and throw them out, all by his presumptous self.

I get the feeling that God is preparing a trap and that the wicked are rushing unwittingly into it.

I notice where Rabbi Singer reminded us on Israel National Radio last night, that Ms. Rice's father is a PCUSA Presbyterian minister. And we know how that group loves Israel not.

It appears to me that in these last days, that God has already begun to separate the sheep from the goats, and I marvel how that those who believe that the bible is the verbally inspired word of God are gathering on one side of this expulsion business, and those who do not, are lining up on the opposite side. How interesing to so that theology is about to determine the fate of nations. "Church" cannot be separated from "state" however one tries.

The wise understand all this, but the wicked only does wickedly
    Last edited by ZionGene; 06-17-2005, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Still following this marathon thread!

HSB, today on Free Republic I saw a thread discussing the Druze Arab IDF soldiers' refusal to aid in the withdrawal - apparently a Druze Knesset member is introducing legislation to try to exempt them - as well as mention of the Golani Brigade's refusal. One of the comments really jumped out at me; it was said, and I paraphrase,

"The Israeli leftists all want someone else to do the dirty work. Is Sharon going to evict 8000 people all by himself?"

Which of course immediately brought to mind the earlier discussions of outside forces going in to do it. Unnerving.

Leave a comment:

• wendyj
    replied

Remember the Babylonian captivity? When the 70 years were up almost, Daniel-- who had been watching the scriptures and paying attn to prophesy (Jeramiah), got on his knees before the Most High God and he prayed on his own behalf and on behalf of his people. He confessed their sin, and told God how righteous He was and how dispicable they all had been. He called on God to look on them and see their desolation and reminded God that he was not calling on Him in righteousness but because of God's great mercy. Daniel 9:19 says Lord listen, forgive, hear us and act. For Your sake, do not delay for your city and your people bear your name.

I wish the Jewish people in Israel would pray the entire chapter 9 ---Daniels prayer to their merciful God and since God is truth, they should ask Him to reveal the truth about Yeshua as His Son to them just like Nicodemus, but thy need an open heart. They would have every thing to gain. Jewish people who do embrace Yeshua do have an awful cost as many of their families blacklist them afterwards, bu tYeshua told us all to consider the cost.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

There is also that other business in dealing with our Jewish friends.

It tears at my heart to hear the folks at Israel National Radio and Arutz Sheva talk about religious matters. It does not occur to them for a second that they might have been wrong about the identity of the Messiah, and have completely missed Him. And the best that they can recommend for us Gentiles, are the seven laws of Noah, and they are completely oblivious to the fact that many of us have a personal relationship with their God. And the ironic thing is, that they will trust the false messiah with open arms, who will capitalize on their desperate circumstances.

I wonder how God feels about these so-very good religious people, who are about to be mistreated by their own government. They are dead set against the very One who can put in a good word on their behalf to the Father, and completely rescue them at this time. When I think of these things, the only comfort I get is that God promised in Ezekiel 37 to come to their rescue and help and restoration well before their spiritual regeneration
    Last edited by ZionGene; 06-16-2005, 09:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Dear Wendyj

Maybe it is high time that all of us do pray like that. The presumption in this case is so so great. I dare to say that all the players in this dreadful business have been warned.

INCIDENTALLY, I personally will not be referring to the present Prime Minister of Israel by the names by which he is presently known. From now on, he is "that man" as far as I am concerned. Some have given the name "Divers" to the rich man who was outside of Abraham's bosom looking in, but I do not think that that man deserves as much
    Last edited by ZionGene; 06-16-2005, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wendyj
    replied

Originally posted by ZionGene
    HSB, at the beginning of July, some people I know will begin a time of special prayer and fasting, that the God Of Abraham Isaac and Jacob would rise and protect His people from this man. BUT HSB! But! God may just stand aside and allow all of them--Israel, Mr. Sharon, Ms. Rice, Mr. Bush et. al.--to be given over to Satan for destrucion, and to let rivers of Jewish blood be shed because their wilful dispisite of His stated will in this case

Count me in to pray and fast at that time. I recieved an email that told of someone who witnesses to Jews in the land. He states that it is so sad
    bacause the Jews dont read the NTestament. And there Old Testament is quite changed and watered down from ours , having been through the years chnged to reflect important rabbi's opinions. For example Isaiah 53 is quite different.

This having been said, my heart goes out to our Jewish brothers as how can they know the truth if: they feel that they are sinning to read the NT, their OT is changed , and they have grown up learning that Yeshua was an unrightousman who didnt obey the laws, who had a mom and dad, and who they are accused and persecuted for killing.

I especially feel for those devote people who are trying so hard to obey all the laws and who fall short of the glory of God who live in the diengagement zones. This morning I cried before God for mercy for his people for somehow someway for His WORD to find them and for Him to give them ears to hear and receptive hearts. I also would pray that God would strike down Sharon and Yes, even Bush if they wont listen to God, before they curse their people, and counties.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

HSB, there is an angle here which is best appreciated by those who know Christ.

Paul summarized a process which is hinted at in different stories and events in the Old Testament. It is called being turned over to Satan for Destruction. We see the principle applied in ICorinthians 5:5.

I have seen some bad things happen to believers who backslide and sin wilfully. I sadly remember many years that this son of a great evengelist went off to England to school, and took in nearly all that the skeptical professors had to say. He came back home puffing cigarettes, and taking a little booze now and then. To make a long story short, one day, this very efficient doctor, overcome by remorse, shot the required dose in his veins, and was a dead man within fifteen minutes. He was once a bible teacher

I heard of another believer and his wife, who wanted to abort their "fetus," and since he was a medical student, he tried to do it himself. He gave his wife too much anesthetic and she died at his hands.

If things like this can happen to people who know Christ on a personal level, how much more to a Israel today, who may have forgotten the bloody deadly things which happened to Israel, who, along with David, would occasionally disregard God's declared will. But David dreaded the possiblility of his evils hurting the innocent people whom he ruled. But not the present leader! To what depths have the Jewish People fallen?

Now, the illustrious Golani Brigade is saying in another article ( http://arutzsheva.com/print.php3?what=news&id=84004 ) that it will not participate in the expulsion of Jews from their homes , and yet, the Israeli people are still permitting this man to lead and destroy their nation.

HSB, at the beginning of July, some people I know will begin a time of special prayer and fasting, that the God Of Abraham Isaac and Jacob would rise and protect His people from this man. BUT HSB! But! God may just stand aside and allow all of them--Israel, Mr. Sharon, Ms. Rice, Mr. Bush et. al.--to be given over to Satan for destruction, and to let rivers of Jewish blood be shed because of their wilful despite of His stated will in this case
    Last edited by ZionGene; 06-16-2005, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Zion Gene: I think your answer can be found at:

http://arutzsheva.com/news.php3?id=83986

Remember: there is no interest like SELF interest!!

Leave a comment:

• wendyj
    replied

Who has studied? Joel. I see Joel 3:2 quoted about partitioning the land and judgement because of this. BUT in Joel the context seems to be to Tyre and Sidon, and Philistia---perhaps those cities north now would mean the arabs in Lebannon/Syria. Israel has only been partitioned once , right? That was when in 1947 the UN voted to part the Promised Land and made Isaerel -13% of the land that had once belonged to them and Jordan the rest? Now they want to divide up the land again time no. 2. Certainly the Philistia part would apply.

I dont have time right now to do a good job in writing my thoughts on Joel 3 and the Ezek portions we are studying but would any one comment on how thye think Joel 3 may or may not relate.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

What unseen force is motivating Mr. Sharon in this evil scheme?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Looks like the Golani Brigade are refusing to cooperate with evacuations. At some point in time there will be a need to involve outside military to get a Palestinian state going- the IDF simply won't do the dirty work!

Golani Brigade Says No to Expelling Jews
    16:39 Jun 16, '05 / 9 Sivan 5765

The IDF has decided to relieve the prestigious Golani Brigade of the task of removing Jewish residents from their homes, fearing mass refusal and lack of motivation among soldiers and officers.

It was decided that the soldiers of the brigade, many of them either religious or children of immigrants, will be charged with defending the region from Arab terror attacks during this summer’s withdrawal instead of removing Jews from their homes, which was their original assignment.

Hagit Rothenberg of the B’Sheva weekly reports that Golani Brigade commander, Col. Erez Zuckerman, informed the commander of the 36th division, Brig.-Gen. Gershon HaCohen - who is supposed to command the uprooting of the residents of Gush Katif - that the soldiers of the brigade and their commanders are unable to fulfill the expulsion mission. The Golani Brigade Commander came to this conclusion in light of recent conversations with senior officers in the brigade.

The situation became apparent following a conference of Golani officers, when lectures on the importance of fulfilling the Disengagement mission and maintaining loyalty to democracy and the rule of law were delivered. The Brigade Commander noticed that officers were purposely avoiding addressing questions having to do with the question of fulfilling the expulsion order.
    Following the conference, the Brigade Commander invited all the Deputy Battalion Commanders to a discussion to clarify the matter.

The Deputy Battalion Commanders told him unequivocally that the brigade was simply not built to fulfill the expulsion order, which they said was not the reason they joined the IDF.

An entire company of yeshiva-graduated Golani soldiers serving in the Philadelphi corridor informed their commanders that in the event that they are assigned to carry out an operation against a Jewish civilian population, they have no intention of carrying out that order. They say they will only act in a capacity against Arab attacks, but that if assigned any other task with regard to Jewish towns, the commanders warned of mass disobedience.

“The sentiment of the commanders in the brigade is that they are being forced to choose who they are more loyal to – their father or their mother, to settlement or to the IDF,” the Deputy Battalion Commanders said, “and they want to continue to be loyal to both of them.”

As a result of the Deputy Battalion Commanders’ briefing, the Brigade Commander informed the Division Commander that the brigade will not be able to take part in the uprooting of residents. The decision was then made to limit the actions of the brigade to combating Arab attacks, removing them from any of the assignments that would force them to clash with residents and their supporters, for fear of widespread lack of cooperation on the part of soldiers in the brigade. The situation was also brought to the attention of the Chief of Staff.

Ari Abramowitz, a former Golani Sergeant who served in the Philadelphi Corridor, told Arutz-7 that the news of Golani’s removal from the task of expelling Jews from their homes was to be expected. “I am not surprised one bit,” he said. “I and all the former Golani soldiers I know, would refuse the orders alongside them. The stereotype of Golani, which is somewhat true, is that they are first and second generation immigrants from Arab countries. They understand Arabs on a much deeper level than the Ashkenazi Jew from Tel Aviv. They understand that the Arabs understand power and strength and know that the transfer of Jews from their homes will be a victory to Arab terror and encourage further attacks on Jews.”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X