This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

Originally posted by Radio Free Narnia
    LOL. I think I have a hard time picturing you as a Jackson Browne fan.
    LOL- You and I are going to have a good time, someday, talking about "the old days."

Originally posted by wendyj
    I think the Palestinians are wild donkeys just like their forebearer Ishmael.
    I just hope we're not here to see the donkey get smashed across the head w/ a 2x4.... But other than that, I've always kinda liked donkeys.
    Last edited by PlumBob; 10-03-2005, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by PlumBob
    Kinda remindes me of the old Jackson Browne song, "Running on empty." I think that's what the Pals are doing.

What do you think?

LOL. I think I have a hard time picturing you as a Jackson Browne fan.

Leave a comment:

• wendyj
    replied

I think the Palestinians are wild donkeys just like their forebearer Ishmael.
    Funnily when Haagar was crying in the dessert over the way she had been treated by Sarah and Abraham (having been told to pack up and leave). God saw her and it is the first mention of His name as "EL ROI the GOD who SEES Me". He acted in mercy toward Hagaar and her wretched son and told her he would be a great nation.

God said this in respect for Abraham Gen 21:13 because Ishamel was his offspring. I'm thinking if Abraham could have looked into the future and seen what havoc these unruly people would cause he would have told God not to bother preseving this seed.

God still is the GOD WHO SEES ME--in the sea of multitudes God is God who sees the individual and has a plan. Bush and the boys may have roadmap but God has the plan. In the midst of the turmoil we must still pray to the GOD WHO SEES and ask Him for the peace in Israel and Jerusalem.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Snoopy - my, how time flys! Great news about Gillian!

HSB, I see that you are on this afternoon, too. Hello....

I've been considering all of this (again ) for the last 3 or 4 days, looking for a good excuse to bring this thread back to the front page. What I think I'm seeing/feeling now is that the Pals are so fractured that I'm wondering if they will ever be able to pull off anything resembling forming a country! Which brings me back to the last major premise - perhaps God isn't so concerned about giving the Pals the keys, as long as the Israelis don't give them the deed.

Kinda remindes me of the old Jackson Browne song, "Running on empty." I think that's what the Pals are doing.

What do you think?

PB

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

PLUMBOB....the baby is here and doing great. Gillian is 3 months old now and loving the world. I just hope that there is time for her to grow up and experience everything this world has to offer.

At the rate the Sharon ROADMAP plan is happening though, God may have other plans for her and our family.

Time to get back on track with finishing up my survival kit.

Snoopy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Lay it to Heart
    The enemies of Israel have certainly strengthened their positions since this thread started.
    You can say that again!

Snoopy - I've thought about you lately. Good to see you. Hope all is well. Is that baby here yet?

I wouldn't be surprised to see A. Sharon be the one to lead Israel into it's final peace - until the Lord comes back, that is.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The enemies of Israel have certainly strengthened their positions since this thread started.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Looks like this thread has slowed down a bit while everyone waits to see what Sharon's next step is. Dodging an ousting by his party will only make him think that he is the man to lead Israel in the future. I do not think this is a good thing for the people. He is a very shifty person, and I think the weeks ahead will spell certain disaster for Israel.

We are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. We are praying for you all.

Snoopy.

Leave a comment:

• wendyj
    replied

Don"s Post above is exactly why I dont understand the sense in this hatred of Israel. The reason I dont understand is that it does not make sense form a rational point of view,but form a spiritual point of view. The spiritual wickedness in high places is driving the decisions in the EU, UN etc. And because these leaders are not walking in the spirit but in the flesh, they will act according to the flesh and the powers that drive the flesh.

I think that the Arab race on a whole is most hard to love with their hostilities and wild-unpredictability. Even the Bible called Ishmael --a wild donkey of a man--which to me means wild, stubborn, and rash. The Arab nations seem that way to me. While Israel seems calm, thoughtful and seeking peace. So why rule in favour of the Arabs in the UN --yes oil etc/ but spiritual wickedness in high places and no armour worn by proud Godless leaders.

The best thing the nations other than Arab could do is set a plan to bouycott Arab oil over a few years and bring in more of our own oil exploration, alternative sources of energy and fueling cars. That would put them in their place and shift power back more pronounced on our side. They cant eat sand and dates forever.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Don Brooks
    . . . this is Hatred of Israel! These are seen as God's People, and the World hates God... they desire with every fiber of their Beings to be free from any kind of restraint. This is a very tangible way of demonstrating this feeling to God Himself! . . .
    DON! I had never considered this particular position before! You do know how to provoke the thought process! I suspect you have hit on a very salient point.

Hummmmm, now this will take some time to chew over. Thanks....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Hi all:
    It's been a while since I last jumped into this thread... the Disengagement went ahead as Sharon had planned it much more smoothly than I would have thought. It was chilling to see the population leaving as they did... the best that they were able to achieve was to try and lay 'guilt' on the heads of those forcing their removal. Yes! Sharon 'wept'... I think the people of Gush Katif "WEPT"!!! In time Sharon may become the man that got 'The Road-Map to Peace', moving again! When everything had seemed to have come to a deadly halt... he took decisive action and got things moving again. IMHO... it was probably due to unbearable pressure from USA - EU - UN !!!

But... the deed is done... Gaza has been depopulated of Jews... the buildings are coming down... and soon the Palestinians will be dancing on the rubble! Is that a win? Well to the Arabs that I have talked to it is... very much so. And it is not seen as a real gesture by Sharon... it is seen as the rewards to hero's efforts... to those who have blown themselves up for a just cause! "This Land was won... not just handed over... and more importantly... all of the rest of the Land that is not yet handed over will be taken... ALL OF THE LAND WILL BE PALESTINE!

And what does the WORLD say???

From 1967 through 1989, out of 865 resolutions in the Security Council and General Assembly of the U.N…. 526 were against Israel… 60.81%

The last ‘Anti-Arab’ Vote in the U.N. was fifty-eight [58] years ago, in 1947.

Not once has the U.N. reprimanded any of those who, without provocation, have been, since 1948, waging FIVE Wars against Israel, with the openly declared intention to annihilate her!

Nor have the Terrorists ever been condemned by the U.N.

In November, 2003 Israel introduced its first resolution since 1976, asking for a prohibition against Arab Terrorists who specifically target Women & Children… This request was rejected, and replaced by a resolution demanding protection of Palestinian Children from Israel.

Of the 191 current members of the U.N., 190 [including the worst Terrorist Nations] are allowed to take their rotating turns on the Security Council - but not Israel! Why?

Israel is not allowed to take a rotating term on the fifty-three-member U.N. Commission on Human Rights… [Libya, Cuba, Zimbabwe, Sudan- {with documented extermination policies – killing millions in her Southern Territories} has just been accepted for a third consecutive term]. Why?

Israel has been a Member of the U.N. for more than fifty [50] years!

Israel is not allowed to be a member of the International Red Cross… The Red Crescent {representing Muslim Countries – many who have never signed the Geneva Conventions [Israel signed in 1949] } is accepted, but Israel is excluded! Why?

Is there something akin to a bit of a trend here? Why is Israel singled out this unique way? Is there anything to the likelihood that possibly, just possibly there is a new Anti-Semitism growing... No! Arabs are Semites... this is not Anti-Semitism... this is Hatred of Israel! These are seen as God's People, and the World hates God... they desire with every fiber of their Beings to be free from any kind of restraint. This is a very tangible way of demonstrating this feeling to God Himself! There is a whole lot of hurt coming. At some point God will move, and you really want to be on His side when He moves! There is much in Scripture that addresses what He does, when He moves.

Lay-it-to-Heart...
    Your quote...Revelation 11:
    1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
    2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

It is really worth taking a look at Ezekiel 43... See the following Scripture, as I believe that it references two Temples side-by-side on Temple Mount
    Eze 43:2 And behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east; and his voice was like the voice of many waters; and the earth was lit up with his glory.
    :3 And the appearance of the vision that I saw was according to the vision that I had seen when I came to destroy the city; and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar: and I fell upon my face.
    :4 And the glory of Jehovah came into the house by the way of the gate whose front was toward the east.
    :5 And the Spirit lifted me up, and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of Jehovah filled the house.
    :6 And I heard one speaking unto me out of the house; and a man was standing by me.
    :7 And he said unto me, Son of man, this is the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever; and the house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, they nor their kings, with their fornication, and with the carcases of their kings in their high places,
    :8 in that they set their threshold by my threshold, and their post by my post, and there was only a wall between me and them, and they defiled my holy name with their abominations which they committed; and I consumed them in mine anger.
    :9 Now let them put away their fornication, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.
    Last edited by Don Brooks; 08-28-2005, 10:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by wendyj
    For the life of me I just dont get it?
    Wendy, it's all about 3 things: gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel. The whole north of North America functions, almost entirely, on and because of, petroleum-based energy. We are now seeing the sacrifice of what Wedgies see as spiritual realities, for the sake of what others see as political realities. It's interesting that one political party, or particular group, will bash another political party, or particular group, for the high price of gasoline, and assign blame, but I haven't seen ANYBODY garage their cars, SUV's, motorhomes, or NOT take an airplane trip, in favor of a bicycle or walking or simply staying at home.

The spiritual dimension of this is certainly something that we here on WEDG can appreciate, but outside of a VERY LIMITED number of people on this whole planet, it has no meaning whatsoever. Gotta keep that oil flowing, no matter what else has to be sacrificed. The End.

Leave a comment:

• wendyj
    replied

For the life of me I just dont get it?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by HSB
    It seems that the speed and smoothness of the Gaza evacuations have if anything built pressure to get on with the Big Prize. I still believe THAT part will falter badly with God intervening.
    (PlumBob nods head)

The issue of timing is also confusing to me. With the 40 year anniversary since June 1967 coming up in a couple of years I thought that would make a lot of sense, particularly since it follows the EU 7 year budget cycle that starts January 1, 2007. On the other hand the 40 years of "testing" in the wilderness turned out to be from leaving Egypt not Kadesh Barnea. There was only 38.8 years between that fateful mistake and the crossing of the Jordan. Others have posted that the 40,000 days that are involved here come due this very fall, I believe on Rosh Hashana if not mistaken.
    Yes, I believe so.

But if this has taught us anything, it surely must be that these kinds of political machinations can be hatched, watered and fed, and brought to maturity pretty quickly. Much more quickly than I would have believed, to be quite honest. Governments are generally ponderously slow - but this whole thing unfolding like it did - WOW. Me thinks this may portend the model for the continued unfolding of the end of the age.

---------------------------- LATER

The games continue
    from http://israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=88768

EU Envoy Otte: Withdrawal is the Model for Jerusalem
    01:07 Aug 28, '05 / 23 Av 5765 By Nissan Ratzlav-Katz

The EU envoy to the Middle East, Mark Otte, said in an interview appearing this weekend that Israel's recent uprooting of Jewish communities is a model for the rest of Samaria, Judea and Jerusalem.

"Our position regarding the West Bank and east Jerusalem is identical - they are occupied territories, and the future of Jerusalem will also be discussed in negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians," Mr. Otte told Al-Quds, a Jerusalem-based Arabic-language newspaper.

Otte dismissed statements by Prime Minister Ariel Sharon that Israel will retain large blocs of Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria in any permanent arrangement with the Palestinian Authority. Such commitments, the European Union envoy asserted, are nothing more than "spin" intended for internal Israeli consumption.

The EU also does not take seriously Israel's demand that the PA fulfill its commitments to disarm Arab terrorist groups. According to the Al-Quds interview, Mr. Otte said the EU does not demand that the PA confront terrorist groups militarily, or that the PA initiate a civil war in order to carry out its obligations.

In June, Mr. Otte defended European Union contacts with Hamas representatives, despite the organization being listed as a terrorist organization in EU countries, by saying that "if they are duly elected in free and fair elections under international supervision, you have to know what to do with elected representatives."
    Last edited by PlumBob; 08-28-2005, 11:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Watching the news it seemed very easy to do this to the Jews. There was very little armed resistance. It reminded me of the footage I have seen of the Nazis rounding up Jews and taking them to the death camps. Those poor people must have not really undestood what was going on back then. Since most of them do not know or believe in the return of Jesus as the Messiah, they don't really know what is going to happen now either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X