X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ezekiel 36 and the Mountains of Israel.

Originally posted by Don Brooks
    Let me paint the picture... We have a Groom come for a Bride
    The Rapture

... Once taken away their commences a seven-day Marriage Feast
    The Tribulation

... At the conclusion of that Seven-Day Marriage Feast... The Groom gets to come for his true love... {We come with Him to rescue His Chosen People [True Love]}...
    The Second Coming - Jesus comes to become the King of the Jews, on earth

Is that the pix you're painting?

Comments?
    Cool indeed.

Comment

PlumBob...
      Quite a Picture... eh! [I'm Canadian]

I believe that every Person, Family, Event, recorded in the Old Testament has implications for the Last Days [All the Time from the Birth of Christ forward - the last two thousand years].... Now there's something to get your mind around!
      Last edited by Don Brooks; 02-22-2005, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Don, I am wondering what kind of Baptist are you. I was once appalled in my twenties, when I met some missionaries from that large Baptist denomination, who boasted that they (the"we Baptists") were part of a "New Testament" church. Obviously, since you believe that every individual in the OT speaks to us even today, you may also enlighten me as to what some Baptists really mean, when they describe themselves as "New Testament," especially considering that Jesus Peter and Paul only had the Old Testament. You do not seem to be a "we Baptist," or could you be?

Comment

ZionGene: maybe Don is a "wee" Baptist (sorry, couldn't help myself gentlemen) PS Or maybe the "oui" Baptist since he is from Canada!!

PS To Don- seriously , where did you read that Isaac was 19 years old?

Comment

ZionGene...
            I have no idea what "New Testament" Church means as it is my understanding that all Christians in the Upper Room [When the Spirit Fell on Pentecost] ...were Jews. It wasn't until Cornelius and Family that Gentiles began to become part of... The Church. Isn't it odd that the early Church that turned their world upside-down, were mostly Jews with a few Gentiles... While today... it is mostly Gentiles with a few Jewish converts... A Church that is neither Hot nor Cold!!!

Well, you asked, so I'm going to paint another picture...
            The second or third Parable spoken by Jesus was about the Kingdom of God [Church] mustered-seed that grew into a tree, that had great branches that birds were able to nest in... Nice picture? New Testament Church? WRONG I believe!!! Read the Parable again with this thought in mind... [Mustered-Seeds never become Trees... therefore it is stated as becoming something it was never intended to be].

SOOooo... I think that He is saying that The Kingdom of God [Church] is going to become something that it was never intended to be!!! You see Mustered-Seeds become Bushes... Bushes that are, each one, self contained with all that is necessary to produce thousands of seeds and consequently more Bushes... turning their world upside-down. Trees on the other hand are monolithic, with all kinds of Bureaucracy [branches], where Fowls of the Air [The first Parable tells us what Fowls of the Air are]... So within these Branches [Bureaucracy] are Pride, Envy, Strife, Bickering, Cheating, etc. etc. etc.... Now this is what the Church has become!!! Not Hot, Not Cold... Not much good for anything!!! Am I far off?

It is a Church of "Self-Effort"... doing all kinds of things 'for' Him... All of which are "Wood" "Hay" & "Stubble"!!!

The Church [Eclesia] {Spelling?} was first formed in the Desert at Mount Sinai {Congregration}... that Congregation has its end-game here in the Twenty-First Century... One of the Rules laid down by good old King James for his Translation into the Language of the People, was that the word 'Church' was to be used in every place the word 'Eclesia' was encountered in the Books comprising the New Testament. So, my good friend, this very well may be your "New Testament" Church.

I'm passionate about the fact that we are so vary far away from the early Church concepts that we have organized Him right out of His Church... Jesus made this statement about His Return... "Will I find Faith on the earth?" The Wolves have made it in, and they have done much of their evil work... Time really is running out!

Over to you my good New Friend...

Comment

Back to the situation in Israel and the 2 state dance step:

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/543924.html

Divestment by the WCC of Israel investments makes for pretty dirty economic blackmail. I wonder to what extent the Israeli economy can handle this type of pressure. Also is there information how Christians can "vest" their savings in Israel (other than simply buying Israel bonds)?

Comment

see ArutzSheva for article on the change of heart- gov't plans now not to demolish houses and businesses in Gaza, rather sell them to the arabs. Only the synagogues will be destroyed!!
                Quote from article follows:
                Government officials also said that even if most building are left standing – the synagogues of Gush Katif and the northern Shomron will not be left standing, for fear that Arabs will defile them. It is unclear how the IDF’s destruction of the synagogues would take place in a manner that would not constitute “defilement.”

HSB: maybe the bulldozer operator keeps his eyes closed while he is smashing in the walls!

Comment

Did I hear correctly, that they plan to destroy synagogues?

Well, once again I appeal to David in one of his psalms. Look at Psalm 74:7,8,9,20-22. I tell you what, that Seventy Fourth Psalm is making itself mighty revelant these days.

7 They have cast fire into thy sanctuary, they have defiled by casting
                  down the dwelling place of thy name to the ground. 8 They said in their hearts, Let us destroy them together: they have burned up all the SYNAGOGUES of God in the land. 9 We see not our signs: there is no more any prophet: neither is there among us any that knoweth how long. 10 O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever? 20 Have respect unto the covenant: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty. 21 O let not the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name. 22 Arise, O God, plead thine own cause: remember how the foolish man reproacheth thee daily.

You know: once an individual gets going on an evil course, it is amazing how much of stuff is added, which he or she is unable to shrug off, manage, or arrest. I suppose that Judas began as a youngster, to put his hand in the cookie jar--so to speak--never for a minute suspecting that that habit would cast him into a role not envied by anybody. The same process applies today in what is being done in Israel: Sharon tried to "cast the dog a bone" to quiet him, and started to euphemisticly talk about "disengagement," which is just another term for an immoral act. Then, the world community got to pushing him and Israel from behind, and is now proposing to split the land of Israel in two. Now guess what: in order to pilot between all the competing concerns, Mr. Sharon is now in danger of making himself guilty of committing a most heinous, blasphemous act, in planning to destroy synagogues

Comment

Don't look to the IDF to assist with the evacuations:

http://arutzsheva.com/news.php3?id=77379

Comment

This evening's news is a virtual parade of significant things.....

The UN wants to "register" every person - http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=43005

France wants a wider roll in EU -
                      http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...2/23/weu23.xml

The Sun isn't happpy - http://www.earthfiles.com/news/news....tegory=Science

This one I won't describe, just go read it yourself - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...491764,00.html

And on and on - All of which seem to support "setting the stage" for a 70th Week world.

Comment

• Mr. Ariel Sharon will make history!

I was sitting here trying to think of a time in the bible, when a leader of Israel did what its present leader is doing today. Even the wicked Ahab who allowed the worship of Baal to flourish in Israel; or Hezekiah who made the one-time blunder of showing-off Israel's treasures to the Babylonians; or Samson who break his vow to God concerning his hair; or any leader of Israel--regardless of how immoral he was--never willingly gave his people over to the will of an enemy, and "opened the chicken coop to the fox" as Ariel Sharon is doing today. The otherwise wicked Ahab died in battle fighting the enemy, as did Saul the disobedient first king of Israel. Neither risked the fortunes and safety of Israel to the goodwill of a proven murderous enemy. Samson brought down the temple upon himself rather than continue to hear the jeers of victory over his peoole.

Can you think of any leader in the history of Israel, with whom Mr. Sharon's behavior can be approximated? I think that he is making history!

Comment

Here's an article about the history of Israel, it is very,very long but, is worth taking the time to read, so grab a coffee and have a read... here's an interesting snippet from the article:
                          http://focusonjerusalem.com/significantfacts.htm

Fact # 27

As World War II came to an end, revealing the extent of the catastrophe that had befallen the Jewish people in Europe, there were demands everywhere for swift action to rehabilitate and resettle those who had survived the Holocaust through the establishment of a Jewish state. The British had also tired of their role as supervisors of the British Mandate, which had been maintained since World War I. In Palestine, they were looking for a way out, as well as a way to appease both the Arabs and the Jews of this region. The Holocaust, which claimed the lives of 6,000,000 Jewish men, women and children, one-third of world Jewry, had a severe impact on the Jewish people which is still prevalent today. However, according to Ezekiel 37, the Valley of Dry Bones, representing the "whole house of Israel," would rise up out of their graves, come into their land of Israel and become an "exceeding great army." This occurred in 1948 as a fulfillment of prophecy. God made it happen. Prior to the founding of the State of Israel, the British tried, but failed, to work out an agreement acceptable to both Arabs and Jews on the issue of Palestine, so they turned the problem over to the UN early in 1947. The UN sent an 11-nation Special Commission on Palestine (UNSCOP) to the region to investigate. UNSCOP found two people groups, Arabs and Jews, both claiming all the country. To satisfy the national aspirations of both peoples, UNSCOP proposed termination of the British Mandate and a partition of the area into an Arab state and a Jewish state based on population concentrations. Jerusalem would be an international zone. The Jewish State was already in de facto existence in all areas. So, eager for independence, the Jews of Palestine were ready to accept a compromise, partition. The Arabs boycotted the UNSCOP plan. World opinion strongly favored the UN resolution, and it was adopted by a vote of 33-13, with 10 abstentions, on Nov. 29, 1947. Throughout the 1947 UN debate, the Palestine Arab Higher Commission threatened war, while Jewish Agency spokesmen appealed for peace. Jamal Husseini, spokesman for the Arab committee, told the UN on Nov. 24, 1947: "The partition line proposed shall be nothing but a line of fire and blood." Five days later, the UN voted for the partition and the Arabs began their war to prevent implementation of the UN resolution. Roads were mined, Jewish settlements isolated and Jewish convoys were ambushed. By the end of that week, 105 Jews had been killed. Later, apartments in Jerusalem were blown up and more than 50 men, women and children were killed. Thirty-five Hebrew University students were massacred on the road near Jerusalem. The Jewish Agency was bombed and took heavy casualties. A convoy was set afire on the road to Hadassah Hospital on Mt. Scopus and 77 Jewish doctors, nurses and scientists died.

submitted by Bill A

Comment

NATO willing to help out in Israel....

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/544175.html

Comment

Where do the Rabbi's stand on what's happening here???
                              ==============
                              "Who loved the IDF more than Rabbi Tzvi Yehuda, of saintly blessed memory?" asks Rabbi Melamed. "Who loved the State more than he? But it was precisely out of his love for the IDF and the State that he published his famous 'Don't be Afraid' call, in which he wrote, 'There is no facet of leniency at all regarding the Torah prohibition of giving our lands to non-Jews, Heaven forbid... Therefore it is an obligation upon every Torah leader in Israel, and on every military man in Israel, to prevent and impede this with supreme effort and strength, and from the Heavens we will be aided.'"
                              =================
                              I'm with the Rabbi... because he is on God's side... This time I believe He will act in a very heavy-handed way... God will not be mocked!

Comment

Don, you know what! With statements like that, and in spite of many many more from Christians also, you just see what is going to happen. When God does get "heavyhanded," and drops the boom on the world, in evident response to what the nations are pursuing in Israel today, just watch and see. Somebody--and nearly everybody--will be wringing their hands and complaining, "We did not know. Nobody told us."

Comment

Working...
                                X